PDA

View Full Version : When does Egypt battle officially end today??

1brent1
03-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Can't jump to say go by the in-game timer because we're told previously not to go by that with Brazil.

They would normally end at 2 or 3pm est. which would be 4 days as they said it was going to be. Confused?

BADMARKX
03-11-2013, 05:20 AM
My timer says we have till 8pm EST, but from CJ54:
Raid on Egypt Date Change: 3-8 to 3-11
Hey all, slight change:

The Raid on Egypt will start on FRIDAY 3/8/13 at 11 AM Pacific Standard Time, and end on MONDAY 3/11/13 at Noon Pacific Standard Time.

We'll be updating this in the game asap, but wanted to let everyone know here as well.

Rapg635
03-11-2013, 05:44 AM
I just posted that question to CJ. Concerned about the extra 4 hours. Hopefully he gets post and replies to all ASAP. Keep your eyes open for it. Good luck

1brent1
03-11-2013, 06:06 AM
You would think correcting the in-game timer would be a priority. Who ever has the job of setting the timer should be fired. They've got it wrong several times now. So silly.

I bet they considered this weekends daylight saving a holiday and had the weekend off.

Alltherage
03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
I just got a "push" notification saying it ends in 6 hours, but timer says 10 hours. Discrepancies all over the place. I'll guess its the war clock.

Hassleham
03-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Half of BRAVO is seeing 8 hours to go and the other half is seeing 9!

Some Random Clown
03-11-2013, 07:44 AM
I believe the issue is because of the servers going down for many hours Saturday night for DST start. Did Gree add those hours back in or do the countdown timers get paused during that time? My android actually has the event ending an hour earlier than my Ipad as well.

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 08:01 AM
More likely they didn't meet their financial projections for the event ;)

1brent1
03-11-2013, 08:24 AM
More likely they didn't meet their financial projections for the event ;)

ha, maybe true.

I am still thinking they thought this daylight savings weekend was a long holiday weekend (like Presidents Day) and they won't be back in the office until tomorrow. Then they will fix it.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-11-2013, 08:42 AM
You can play until it ends,or you can stop now. Heck, many players stopped yesterday. You see, we all have the ability to exercise our FREE WILL.

BrodawgCanada
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM
You can play until it ends,or you can stop now. Heck, many players stopped yesterday. You see, we all have the ability to exercise our FREE WILL.
42 million points later!!!

The Truth SCW
03-11-2013, 08:51 AM
I just want to know when it ends so I can cut the slackers and the one moron who thinks its funny to declare war 20 mins. after the last battle, BEFORE bonuses go out.
We have to get restrictions on who can declare. Some people just don't get the whole "teamwork" thing

1brent1
03-11-2013, 08:53 AM

OK, thank you for the suggestion.
I think you can do better though. I've seen much better and funnier posts from you.

1brent1
03-11-2013, 08:55 AM
I just want to know when it ends so I can cut the slackers and the one moron who thinks its funny to declare war 20 mins. after the last battle, BEFORE bonuses go out.
We have to get restrictions on who can declare. Some people just don't get the whole "teamwork" thing

SAME HERE! not the declare war thing though. Just a few lying slackers.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-11-2013, 09:16 AM
OK, thank you for the suggestion. I think you can do better though. I've seen much better and funnier posts from you.PJ takes YOUR issues as seriously as he does his own. PJ is here for the people, all of the people. PJ loves everyone. Amen,

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 09:30 AM

At least you know who it is now ;)

Wufnu
03-11-2013, 09:38 AM
I cannot believe they'e done this AGAIN! Didn't they know if they turn the servers off for 3 hours they might have to take a peek at the game clock?

We are in a very tight race to get where we want to be. We are TRYING to keep gold light and I've got plans made for this afternoon becuase I thought this was going to end at NOON PST.

Their attitude always seems to be, "Sorry about that, slight change here.", RIGHT AT THE LAST MINUTE!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I cannot adequately express how peeved I am right now!

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 09:39 AM
The event is being extended by 3 hours to compensate for the downtime -

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47987-Schedualed-Matainence-Sunday&p=634858&viewfull=1#post634858

So it seems that the WD event will end at 3PM PDT.

Some people though are reporting the the WD clock has 0 extra hours and 4 extra hours...

This is going to end in tears...

Another 'We fooked up Daylight Savings again' trinket coming our way!?

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I cannot believe they'e done this AGAIN! Didn't they know if they turn the servers off for 3 hours they might have to take a peek at the game clock?

We are in a very tight race to get where we want to be. We are TRYING to keep gold light and I've got plans made for this afternoon becuase I thought this was going to end at NOON PST.

Their attitude always seems to be, "Sorry about that, slight change here.", RIGHT AT THE LAST MINUTE!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I cannot adequately express how peeved I am right now!

CJ posted 2 days ago that it would be extended... how is this last minute?

stealyourface
03-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Maybe the sticky at the top with the event times, where 99% of us are looking, should have been updated. Might have made more sense for sharing that important piece of info there rather than buried in a response to an unrelated thread.

Thanks for the info, been looking for this since yesterday as to which one to go by. This is frustrating, I've about had it with these events!

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Maybe the sticky at the top with the event times, where 99% of us are looking, should have been updated. Might have made more sense for sharing that important piece of info there rather than buried in a response to an unrelated thread.

Thanks for the info, been looking for this since yesterday as to which one to go by. This is frustrating, I've about had it with these events!

My pleasure and you are right, CJ should have updated the official sticky thread with the updated WD Event times...

CJ hand please... <smack>

All in all he still does a good job in my eyes but there is always room for improvement. :)

Some Random Clown
03-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I guess we will just have to find out when the game shuts down again. That other note from CJ was pretty off handed and unofficial. and the timers are still skewed. Android guys are going to be a little more pissed off than the usual if it plays out that they get shutdown an hour early.

1brent1
03-11-2013, 12:02 PM

He only said their "planing on". Theirs nothing official about that. I Plan to do a lot of things and they never get done. Its also a reply deep in someone else's thread.

Wufnu
03-11-2013, 01:33 PM

WHERE? Is it in announcements?

This is the last I heard in the announcements.

Hey all, slight change:

The Raid on Egypt will start on FRIDAY 3/8/13 at 11 AM Pacific Standard Time, and end on MONDAY 3/11/13 at Noon Pacific Standard Time.

Dudebot121256
03-11-2013, 01:36 PM
WHERE? Is it in announcements?I asked him earlier and he said it'd be extended for 3 hours. I'm not sure if he said it in another thread though.

We're planning on extending for 3 hours at the end of the event to compensate.

chbranch
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM
He said it relating to the 3 hour maintenance shutdown. But my Android account says campaign ends in 49m and my ios account says it ends in 1hr 48m.

boardgames rule
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Is it done yet?

spitfire
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
no but this is going to be the longest 43 minutes of my life

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 02:20 PM

LOL... Arse cheeks flapping my friend!

We made sure of our position in the penultimate match up! Now in the last battle and watching but I think we are safe now :)

P.S. I hope Bravo get their top 10... Good luck!

Wufnu
03-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Well for one thing it's not 3 hours it's FOUR.

Dutchie you are starting to sound like an apologist for CJ. Gree owes everyone who spent money on this an apology.

Not everyone that plays this game is a forumite so what's on that game display on your device should be ACCURATE UNFORMATION and should NOT BE CHANGED at the last minute or even worse after the events starts.

This is just too much.........

Durt McGurt
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM

I agree :(

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Well its done on my device.

Seems it ended as soon as the clock hit 0 which is what i would have expected, had 20 mins left on the current battle

jobadass
Still going on for us...wtf Gree?

Milspec1
If the event is over why are we still fighting?

CplJC
03-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Event isn't over..Last war man.

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Well for one thing it's not 3 hours it's FOUR.

Dutchie you are starting to sound like an apologist for CJ. Gree owes everyone who spent money on this an apology.

Not everyone that plays this game is a forumite so what's on that game display on your device should be ACCURATE UNFORMATION and should NOT BE CHANGED at the last minute or even worse after the events starts.

This is just too much.........

I suspect that you can expect a FREE trinket in the way of an apology to say... 'Sorry for the inconvenience'. It has happened before and I am sure it will happen again.

Timbathia
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
half our faction have the event finished and are frozen out while the other half is still fighting. Congrats gree yet again.

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
1 hour left... LOL

Not for us Europeans... Just you guys across the pond! Have fun!

A FREE trinket will be winging its way to you soon!

P.S. Anyone that had their clock moved forwards over the weekend get a BONUS hour... LOL

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Event isn't over..Last war man.

Done on mine
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/crazy_scorp/image-6_zps07deba7d.jpg

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
another Gree F' up

CplJC
03-11-2013, 03:08 PM
another Gree F' upand a big one! Because I planned so that we had 2 major wars at the end back to back..We are fighting our last right now/...But I'm not surprise! They are a joke.

CplJC
03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Done on mine
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/crazy_scorp/image-6_zps07deba7d.jpgCongrats on Top 10? Doubt anyone will get 1 million in 1 battle.

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Oh and to top it all of... some of us have already received the awards for Egypt while some are still fighting...

Gets better by the minute!

Sc00ba5t3v3
03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Are you tired of doing most of the effort in your Faction with too many Freeloaders? Black Ops is looking for some new Gold Spenders. Must have scored at least 50,000 WDs during Egypt, please send me a PM with screenshot to be considered. We are consistently a top 100 Faction looking to solidify a spot in top 25.

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
This is TOTAL f'n bullsh*t!!!!

We just got given top 100 prizes event is over but yet we're still in a battle fighting using health, gold etc

AND we didn't get a chance to boot non participants it wouldn't let me

DaHoosier
03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
another Gree F' up

Are you tired of doing most of the effort in your Faction with too many Freeloaders? Black Ops is looking for some new Gold Spenders. Must have scored at least 50,000 WDs during Egypt, please send me a PM with screenshot to be considered. We are consistently a top 100 Faction looking to solidify a spot in top 25.

Really dude? Get some class...

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Are you tired of all this spam? If you really want to recruit go to the appropriate place!

CplJC
03-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Really dude? Get some class...Exactly about the Forum spammer.. and good lord wow? Awarded prizes and still fighting what a joke OMG!

mickymacirl
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
I guess the down time during clock change over still had an effect.....

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Ok now I can declare war again even though as shown in my last screenshot the event had ended... Oh and i have prizes already so whats the point

CplJC
03-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Great BUSINESS Practice! Have an event and have it go an extra hour for certain people! I feel robbed!

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Considering prizes are already done I think we can assume it is done even if you are still battling. I suggest if you are still fighting you stop especially if you are using gold

CplJC
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Considering prizes are already done I think we can assume it is done even if you are still battling. I suggest if you are still fighting you stop especially if you are using goldI ordered all my people to stop using gold..It doesn't change the fact that not only us but many many factions Purge their entire gold stock at the last minute in the hopes of either retaining their spot or gaining their desired spot! The ****tiest business practice I have ever seen!

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I guess the down time during clock change over still had an effect.....

Another FREE trinket winging its way to us soon. Maybe in future they should avoid holding any event during the clock change... Might save them a truck load of trinkets... LOL

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
This place is turing into chaotic mutiny... I am out of here. Have fun peeps and remember... it is only a game!

OwainCymro
03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
It is funny how a simple question can escalate intoa situation like this.

Alo
03-12-2013, 08:20 AM
well many things ended 1 hour earlier than others, on my ipad it ended 1hr earlier than on my android. In forum chat I thought what are they babbling about hitting etc, cause the war was over but no, they where still at war while I was not. Pretty big messup. Now next event during big holiday....c'mon. Fix issues with previous battles first please.