PDA

View Full Version : Modern war ideas.

Sexypieface
03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi i was thinking i could start a thread where people can post their ideas for modern war. So, I think that there should be a building you can buy that generates concrete for factions. I feel it would be a great addition, I also think that there should be ranks for each world domination, for example the faction from the previous world domination event that was doing very good would be moved to another rank where they could battle the factions similar in score to them. This would give a chance for other factions to get the prizes and not be left out. Let me know your ideas!
Add me 460 029 911

Jhenry02
03-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I wish I could give away concrete.
We have about 3,000 blocks just sitting around

bbprofitz
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
there are about a thousand "modern war idea" threads floating around.

syltaylor
03-10-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree with that idea. there should be at least 3-5 wd tiers for factions based on member stats as well as prev rankings. really how is a faction with say average of 20k stats supposed to compete against a faction with 100k ave. maybe the matchup system would work out better.and it should be average not total stats. far as I gather matchups are based on a total which screws the whole fraction if everyone is say 10x 20k and 1x 100k, you are getting bumped into a higher matchup than is fair. and for the faction of 1 or 4 or very few those should all be in thier own tier.

SGT Rud
03-11-2013, 08:18 AM
There have been multiple threads for this. One of them are located on the top of the general forum still left over from Greenland. I think the key points are:

1.) Being able to communicate with the opposing faction, whether it be only officers and leaders, or everyone. Have a specific forum added into a tab just for that battle, and when its over, it is deleted.

2.) A seperate tab on the faction forum that tracks donations and alerts. It should also have a refresh button or an auto-refresh of 1 minute or 2 minutes. There should also be a button on there where you can send a message to all faction members pages at once, or have the faction forum feed pop up in a players news feed.

3.) A way to track our health regen after the battle. Nobody was sure what our health was at and whether it was a good time to declare war again. We would also like the ability to see the health of our fortification during the battle, not just whether it is active or not.

4.) There was a large percent of players who want to make it where only officers and leaders can declare war. But this topic was a very debated topic.

5.) The ability to remove inactive players from the faction between battles, and the ability to see who in the faction is online. Also the ability to view a players profile prior to accepting them into the faction.

6.) A section in the WD battle tab where you can look up previous battles by each faction we played. The ability to have a button on the WD page for a direct link to the faction forum page, then when you close it, you go back to the WD page.

7.) A log on the players profile where we can look up past history of win/loss and points from a WD event.

8.) An area within the faction page that tracks wins/losses during a PvP event. After the event ends, the stats here can be reset for the next event.

9.) A count down timer on the building selection block that tells us how much longer that special building will be available for. As these buildings are usually WD event buildings, just putting the WD event timer on it would be nice.

10.) Having some sort of a point bonus for those teams that win a battle and a loss deduction for those that lose. It has also been debated about losing money from the faction pile for a lost fight during a WD event vs the players pile. But you can also put up a good arguement for faction money lost after you lose a battle.

11.) Some faction leaders would like the ability to donate some money from the faction to key specific players who are losing units and need to build back up.

12.) A boost building that increases the amount of valor you get during a PvP attack.[/SIZE]

spitfire
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM
there are other idea threads actually many out there but they tend to get lost so ill put some...

2) make a "faction newsfeed" where all the faction alerts can be seperated into a different section and not get mixed with all the other posts

Now this is a GREAT idea.

Another one I have is to make battle wins actually worth it. Make it so if a faction wins a battle, they get a 10% bonus of their total points they gained that battle. Lets say our team beats a faction and we have 300,000 points, the new system would give us a bonus of 10% of those points added to our total on the leaderboard. This will make factions give it all they got even more for that extra 10%. Lets say BRAVO goes up against a faction like Dogs of War (an example), both factions will give it everything they got to win if they know there is a bonus for the winning team. If the points will take time to load, its understandable, its not like the current LB matches our points anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

NaRciS
03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
I agree that the forum should be a place for ideas and somewhere to meet new friends now...

I had an idea that I hope hasn't been mentioned...

This should appeal to gree, members and factions...

How about a unique unit available to each faction that they can upgrade and buy add ons for, it is only available to members, if they leave they lose the unit.

This might stop people jumping in and out of factions to get faction war prizes, to make it fare for everyone, you would not be able to just kit the unit out immediately with gold and cash, you would be able to do an upgrade every week/month... there should be gold options and cash....

So to start you can choose air, sea, ground, infantry etc

Then you get 100 points to spend on guns, shields etc, once a month you have an option to group buy a special upgrade etc - I'm not sure if gree would be able to breakdown the unit into faction members so if you give gold to upgrade then then your version of the faction unit would be better.

It would bring the team together, stop members jumping around and you could even maybe set something up that if a team member leaves the unit would get reset if they rejoined, again stopping spy's jumping around.

It would also add an element of intrigue and discussion everywhere, new ideas would bring a new lease of life to the game and forum.

I also had the idea that it would be handy to pass units to new players in the faction, I have a couple of new players to the game that I would hand over some indestructible units that don't do me any favours anymore.

First post done.

Chop cult
03-16-2013, 04:33 PM
How about mercaneries that a faction can buy for the battle.(set a limit on how many based on available slots in a faction).those wishing to be Merc would be put in a pool and chosen at random.they would have to post a certain amount of battle points for that faction,if they do they get paid a pre determined amount and faction rewards. Just a thought amongst many others