PDA

View Full Version : I need some tips.. Pls help.

TYR_Rune
03-10-2013, 06:59 AM
1. Guys how do I rank up (not level up) to reach Death-ops with minimal casualties on my armies and in a shortest time possible without using gold?
Ive noticed that when I attack strong def high-lvl players it gives me higher points but my losses are unbearable.. Anyway, should I go after high-level players or high-ranked players? Which one gives more XP points? (I have conflicting observations when attacking high-lvl and high-ranked players)

2. For almost 8 MONTHS (since I hit lvl.133, as I recall).. not a single one had ever attacked/raided me.. At that time, I thought I was "invisible" in the rival list.. well I had a few attacks/raids but they were all just retaliatory from those that I attacked..
Suddenly, right after I hit level 164, all hell broke loose.. Since then I am being attacked/raided almost every hour.. sometimes 3 different players are attacking/raiding me at a time..
Can anyone pls explain this to me? I want my "invisibility glitch" back.. I dunno what triggered it and no idea what caused it to end.. My happy days are gone in an instant >.<

3. I know u guys are secretive when it comes to farming loot units.. Ive been farming TRs and BLs but TRs are really hard to get.. If u know a trick to improve its drop rate pls pm me.. Your secret will stay w/ me.. I promise.

Thx.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Before I can help you, I need a little more information.

Okay, you can't tell me your name, but IF you had a name, what would it be?

What's your IPH?

[QUOTE=TYR_Rune;635797]1. Guys how do I rank up (not level up) to reach Death-ops with minimal casualties on my armies and in a shortest time possible without using gold?Ive noticed that when I attack strong def high-lvl players it gives me higher points but my losses are unbearable.. Anyway, should I go after high-level players or high-ranked players? Which one gives more XP points? (I have conflicting observations when attacking high-lvl and high-ranked players)2. For almost 8 MONTHS (since I hit lvl.133, as I recall).. not a single one had ever attacked/raided me.. At that time, I thought I was "invisible" in the rival list.. well I had a few attacks/raids but they were all just retaliatory from those that I attacked..Suddenly, right after I hit level 164, all hell broke loose.. Since then I am being attacked/raided almost every hour.. sometimes 3 different players are attacking/raiding me at a time..Can anyone pls explain this to me? I want my "invisibility glitch" back.. I dunno what triggered it and no idea what caused it to end.. My happy days are gone in an instant >.

TYR_Rune
03-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Before I can help you, I need a little more information.

Okay, you can't tell me your name, but IF you had a name, what would it be?

What's your IPH?

Are u for real to help me? Or just wanna find me in the rival list to farm me?

- 1.5M boosted iph

Thats all I can reveal to u..

Ascent
03-10-2013, 10:13 AM
1. Guys how do I rank up (not level up) to reach Death-ops with minimal casualties on my armies and in a shortest time possible without using gold?
Ive noticed that when I attack strong def high-lvl players it gives me higher points but my losses are unbearable.. Anyway, should I go after high-level players or high-ranked players? Which one gives more XP points? (I have conflicting observations when attacking high-lvl and high-ranked players)

2. For almost 8 MONTHS (since I hit lvl.133, as I recall).. not a single one had ever attacked/raided me.. At that time, I thought I was "invisible" in the rival list.. well I had a few attacks/raids but they were all just retaliatory from those that I attacked..
Suddenly, right after I hit level 164, all hell broke loose.. Since then I am being attacked/raided almost every hour.. sometimes 3 different players are attacking/raiding me at a time..
Can anyone pls explain this to me? I want my "invisibility glitch" back.. I dunno what triggered it and no idea what caused it to end.. My happy days are gone in an instant >.<

3. I know u guys are secretive when it comes to farming loot units.. Ive been farming TRs and BLs but TRs are really hard to get.. If u know a trick to improve its drop rate pls pm me.. Your secret will stay w/ me.. I promise.

Thx.

1.) In order to gain rank you need Battle Points, not XP points. XP Points (Yellow Star) raise your Level, BP points (Crosshair in Yellow Circle) give you Rank. The amount of XP is random within a range. The amount of BP depends on how strong an enemy your are beating. If you attack and win against someone half your strength, you get fewer BP Points than if you attack someone who equals or superceeds your strength. So, the fastest way to gain rank is to do lots of PVP battles (Attacking or Raiding).

2.) Yes, there was a kind of invisibility zone from somewhere around Level 130 to Level 160. I was invisible as well for two or three months. Invisibility worked just as you described it. Then Gree changed something with the enemy list and all the invisibles became visible. There was this morning, when hundreds of invisibles appeared on the list with hundreds of millions sitting over vault. It was a morning of turkey shooting for the whales :) There is no way to get invisibility back as it was a glitch, and as far as I know not everyone in that range got automatically invisible. However, at the same time that invisibility disappeared, we got the new Vault expansion upgrdes, so although you cannot go over vault without risk anymore, you can expand your vault, which is a good help for saving for megaupgrades and expensive buildings. Also, just recently before the BFE event, Gree made changes to the enemy list again, narrowing the visibility range for players. This change benefitted those who were in the whale zone (above Level 160) but were not whales themselves, because the new change gives you a visibility of about +- 2 or 3 levels up and down.

3.) Download the Modern War Toolkit from the app store (listed under iPhone only, but you can run in on iPad no problem). Withing the toolkit, do the updates and then you will get the fresh list of all loot items available in the game. It lists all the untis, their loot locations and drop rates. You will notice, that some units are being dropped at several different places across the various maps. Find the place, where the unit you want to farm has the highest drop rate, then within those find the one where it gives you the least XP points and the least energy required to obtain it.

Jarconis
03-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Is it worth throwing points into defense or does it still all come down to defensive Str?

Ascent
03-10-2013, 05:46 PM
If you mean defense skill points, then it is always dependent on circumstances. Defense skill points (especially when high) in my view has a surprise value. If someone close to your strength but definitely above it attacks you, if you have lots of defense skill points, you may win the first battle and a few occasional ones afterwards. It may have some deterrent value to newbies who get disencouraged, or you can view it as a poison pill for the enemy. Those who get confused by it, may give up, but the very strong cannot be deterred by it.

Now, with the old rival list, in whale territory it was useless, but with the new rival list, which is similar to how it works on low levels (yu can see above and below you in a narrow +- 2,3 level range, it is very useful for getting the upper hand in fights, since your stats are more likely to be closer to each other.

mxz
03-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Defensive skill points are (mostly) useless. Unless the battle is extremely close, they don't matter. They may play a role in whether an attacker loses units, but we haven't confirmed that.

Soot
03-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Defensive skill points are (mostly) useless. Unless the battle is extremely close, they don't matter. They may play a role in whether an attacker loses units, but we haven't confirmed that.

How about Attack skill points? same?

Sillybeans
03-11-2013, 01:34 AM
How about Attack skill points? same?

At the very least the seem to matter in 'event's

Jhenry02
03-11-2013, 01:44 AM
I have like 172 skill points in attack and defense. I haven't seen one shred of evidence they do a dang thing.

-Jason

TYR_Rune
03-11-2013, 06:00 AM
1.) In order to gain rank you need Battle Points, not XP points. XP Points (Yellow Star) raise your Level, BP points (Crosshair in Yellow Circle) give you Rank. The amount of XP is random within a range. The amount of BP depends on how strong an enemy your are beating. If you attack and win against someone half your strength, you get fewer BP Points than if you attack someone who equals or superceeds your strength. So, the fastest way to gain rank is to do lots of PVP battles (Attacking or Raiding).

2.) Yes, there was a kind of invisibility zone from somewhere around Level 130 to Level 160. I was invisible as well for two or three months. Invisibility worked just as you described it. Then Gree changed something with the enemy list and all the invisibles became visible. There was this morning, when hundreds of invisibles appeared on the list with hundreds of millions sitting over vault. It was a morning of turkey shooting for the whales :) There is no way to get invisibility back as it was a glitch, and as far as I know not everyone in that range got automatically invisible. However, at the same time that invisibility disappeared, we got the new Vault expansion upgrdes, so although you cannot go over vault without risk anymore, you can expand your vault, which is a good help for saving for megaupgrades and expensive buildings. Also, just recently before the BFE event, Gree made changes to the enemy list again, narrowing the visibility range for players. This change benefitted those who were in the whale zone (above Level 160) but were not whales themselves, because the new change gives you a visibility of about +- 2 or 3 levels up and down.

3.) Download the Modern War Toolkit from the app store (listed under iPhone only, but you can run in on iPad no problem). Withing the toolkit, do the updates and then you will get the fresh list of all loot items available in the game. It lists all the untis, their loot locations and drop rates. You will notice, that some units are being dropped at several different places across the various maps. Find the place, where the unit you want to farm has the highest drop rate, then within those find the one where it gives you the least XP points and the least energy required to obtain it.

Ok Ascent, u answered some of my questions..

But still, how can I attack strong def players w/o lossing too much units.. I heard from a few players that they have the "indestructible" glitch.. but they have no idea why its happening to them..

They claim that they dont lose units when attacking or defending.. some claim they only lost a few.. (Despite attacking someone with def almost matched to their attack strength)

When I attack players with def that is half my attack strength I lost more valor worth of valor units than I am getting.. Btw, my infirmary is lvl 10. + my faction casualty boost but they all seem not to be working..

When I attack someone with 1/4 def strength compared to my atk strength I rarely lose units but gives me only a mere 50-70 battle points.... At that rate I could reach Death Ops rank in a decade I guess..

Ascent
03-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Casualties depend mostly on your units' casualty rate. If you take High Casualty units into battle, they are very likely to fall, if you take Low Casualty units, they are less likely to fall. If you download the MW Toolkit, there is a place where you can list the various units and see their casualty or 'consumption' rate. And do turn your attention towards the consumption numbers instead of the labes (such as Very High, High, Medium, etc.).

I used to have lots of meatshields I needed to keep my defensive units from participating in attacks. So I got like 2000 Demolitions. They were the cheapest unit which had high enough attack strength to do the job. However, they were falling like flies... 2, 3, 4 units on avarage per shot. You can imagine the IPH needed to support an army, where each bullet fired costs you 2, 4, 600,000 or someties a full million in cash.

So I looked at the casualty rate numbers in the Toolkit and switched to Rapid Fire Attack Vehicles, which have a consumption rate less than third of Demolitions while costing a bit over twice as much. Gradually I shifted to those and my losses dropped significantly. Now, I am using B52 Bombers as meatshields, with a consumption rate 1/10th of Demolitions but the price is only 5x as much. My losses changed from 3 units per shot avarage to 1 unit lost per twenty shots or so.

I cannot tell you the formula for casualties, as nobody knows how it works, all I can tell you is what I experienced and described above. Also, GREE seems to change things from time to time and we see casualty rates change as a result. Finally, there is enough randomness in the was casualties are determined, in order to make guessing the formula very hard if not impossible.

One thing I noticed for example, that since they last tweaked things, I get casualties during raids in a fairly strange manner: I only get casualties during my very first shot when raiding a building, the second and third shots almost neer get me casualties. Also, when raiding an enemy, some buildings give me casualties, some buildings almost never. And I did not notice that defense buildings would be making this difference, although I haven't done a proper experiment to confirm this.

The game is complicated enough, having so many parameters on each sides (attack strength, defense strength, unit casualty rates strong against numbers, skillpoints, special bonus units, boosts, reductions, and finally the added component we do know exist - the throw of the dice factor) so it is difficult to predict in each case what will happen. My approach is to run an economy where I can afford casualties, whatever they may be... therefore I am not using valor for attack units. All my valor is invested in defensive units therefore I lose them less frequently.

One final thing, that does work for sure: meatshields. The way I ensure that expensive units do not fall, is to use plenty of Very High (or in my case now it is more like Medium) casualty units in the mix. Think of them as sacrificial lambs... let the game take those instead of the valuable ones. I did not mind payng 200,000 per lost Demolitions at all, when in exchange I did not lose units costing several millions or Valor.

war hammer
03-11-2013, 03:35 PM
if you mean defense skill points, then it is always dependent on circumstances. Defense skill points (especially when high) in my view has a surprise value. If someone close to your strength but definitely above it attacks you, if you have lots of defense skill points, you may win the first battle and a few occasional ones afterwards. It may have some deterrent value to newbies who get disencouraged, or you can view it as a poison pill for the enemy. Those who get confused by it, may give up, but the very strong cannot be deterred by it.

Now, with the old rival list, in whale territory it was useless, but with the new rival list, which is similar to how it works on low levels (yu can see above and below you in a narrow +- 2,3 level range, it is very useful for getting the upper hand in fights, since your stats are more likely to be closer to each other.

the loot list doesnt pop up and i need it really badly!!! Please help