PDA

View Full Version : ? CC playes on BlueStacks

Swearengen
03-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Just started using BlueStacks to run cc...Had a few questions if any of you use it.

1) does it work better on specific OS's? Seems to crash every 5 minutes or so on windows 7...

2) can you transfer an cc act on blueStacks to a droid tablet or phone?

3) How do you update cc on it? have 2 acts on different computer via Bluestacks. One has the keg event, the other it won't come up on so I was thinking maybe it was an update issue...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zeman
03-10-2013, 07:13 AM
I run a camper account on Bluestacks in Win7. I do say this program uses heavy resources. If it crashes often I think your PC specs cant keep up with it. I tried on my older win Xp PC with a quadcore and can open only once after it crashes I have to reboot my entire PC just to start it up.

And yes transfer is easy, ofc I take it you know its only between android devices only.

Updating I just delete and reinstall newest. Also a weird bug simetimes it cant find CC on on bluestacks. Then I just go to google store and send it to my bluestacks device.

Ofc this is my experience didnt do the research as it works ok on my win7. Just crashes when I play often with it what I dont since its a camper account.

Swearengen
03-10-2013, 07:18 AM
I run a camper account on Bluestacks in Win7. I do say this program uses heavy resources. If it crashes often I think your PC specs cant keep up with it. I tried on my older win Xp PC with a quadcore and can open only once after it crashes I have to reboot my entire PC just to start it up.

And yes transfer is easy, ofc I take it you know its only between android devices only.

Updating I just delete and reinstall newest. Also a weird bug simetimes it cant find CC on on bluestacks. Then I just go to google store and send it to my bluestacks device.

Ofc this is my experience didnt do the research as it works ok on my win7. Just crashes when I play often with it what I dont since its a camper account.

runing a pentium dual processor 3.2 gig, 2 gig of RAM, about 190gig free hard drive space. hmmm???

Daswi
03-10-2013, 07:36 AM
How long does bluestacks take to install? Seems to be stuck on setting up andriod libraries.

jaywalker
03-10-2013, 08:00 AM
If it goes slow, you can try going to regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
Bluestacks
Guests
Android
FrameBuffer

THen change the Height and Width there.

Zeman
03-10-2013, 09:18 AM
runing a pentium dual processor 3.2 gig, 2 gig of RAM, about 190gig free hard drive space. hmmm???

Hmm doesnt win7 itself need way more Ram. To be honest running win 7 on 2gig Ram is way too low even.
My old PC with win XP uses Quadcore AMD 3Ghz (not sure as its a backup) and 4G Ram and like I said doesnt run smoothly. So my guess is your PC cant handle bluestacks well, its not strong enough. Again I am not a pro just a advice u might bump up your memory to 4Gb Ram.

ottootto
03-10-2013, 10:01 AM
yes it s pretty heavy i run on my 32 giga ram and you can feel it

THCraul
03-10-2013, 11:28 AM
i am running bluestacks on my win7 i can play cc but there are following issues:
- when i click rob button it hangs and i have to restart the app
- when i click some other map it hangs again
- when i click stats, inventory or comments same thing
- when i click revenge it still hangs on this
- when i click to view any of my mobs hood it hangs
hang here means the game stops responding and i have to restart the bluestacks

Pls tell me if someone encountered these issues and how to solve them....
Thanks

Dudebot121256
03-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Just started using BlueStacks to run cc...Had a few questions if any of you use it.

1) does it work better on specific OS's? Seems to crash every 5 minutes or so on windows 7...
Did you try redownloading BlueStacks? I did that and it works better now. I even got android market on somehow :/

Yes, you can transfer to an android device and you can transfer from an android device onto BlueStacks.

3) How do you update cc on it? have 2 acts on different computer via Bluestacks. One has the keg event, the other it won't come up on so I was thinking maybe it was an update issue...
Depending which market you used to download it, you'll get a notification from that market saying that a market update is available. Datasets will download automatically. Also, events get pushed in by datasets so go here to check if there is a new one incoming:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2gxpnc5.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/35isi1w.png

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ymf4g3.png

ArizonaSweetTea
03-10-2013, 12:09 PM
My PC specs:
- Windows 7 64 bit
- AMD Phenom II X4 2.8 Ghz Quad-core CPU
- 8 GB DDR2 ram
- Intel 180 GB Solid State Drive
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB graphics card
- Dell 24" 1080p monitor

I don't have any issues of running Crime City in BlueStacks, but it does feel laggy because it's still in the beta stage. Everytime I open CC, I WAIT 10-20 seconds before I collect money from my buildings. If you open CC then collect money from buildings without waiting 10-20 seconds, the game may freeze on you regardless of what your PC specs are. That is what I have noticed when I started using BlueStacks a few days ago.

Just to confirm I cannot zoom out using "CTRL with -" or zoom in using "CTRL with +".

I sometimes find BlueStacks stuck on the loading screen of the application. The best thing to solve this issue is to go to the bottom right corner of icon, right click, and click on quit then wait a few minutes before opening BlueStacks again.

Dudebot121256
03-10-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't have any issues of running Crime City in BlueStacks, but it does feel laggy because it's still in the beta stage. Everytime I open CC, I WAIT 10-20 seconds before I collect money from my buildings. If you open CC then collect money from buildings without waiting 10-20 seconds, the game may freeze on you regardless of what your PC specs are. That is what I have noticed when I started using BlueStacks a few days ago.Maybe it's because I'm running Windows 8 but my game works fine. No laggyness, loads right away, etc.

Just to confirm I cannot zoom out using "CTRL with -" or zoom in using "CTRL with +".I can't either. Unless there is a key that I don't know of.

I sometimes find BlueStacks stuck on the loading screen of the application. The best thing to solve this issue is to go to the bottom right corner of icon, right click, and click on quit then wait a few minutes before opening BlueStacks again.I also get that. I switched it to run as administrator and it seems to do that less.

Swearengen
03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
thanks all...

Looksl like 2 gig is lame for windows 7, most say (via google) for gaming you need anywhere from 4-8gig RAM. So time to add more RAM...

jaywalker
03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Ctrl&+/- works for me 50% of the time.

I did have alot of the same crashing issues before. After installing the newer version about a week ago, I have way less bad experiences.

My only problem is that I don't own an Android phone/tablet, so I can't get Android Market. I can only play with mobile 1 and amazon apss :/

name
03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
remember that the zoom with ctrl+/- MUST be done with the regular +/- on the left of your backspace and not with your numeric keyboard. Bluestacks/Crime city runs smooth and without any problem on my PC, but I have pretty decent specs. If you have problems with CC in bluestacks I would remove CC entirely and reinstall it. It migh have been corrupted when you installed. Updating CC can be done within the 1mobile app store.

Zeman
03-10-2013, 02:25 PM
From zoom in/out I hold CRTL and use mouse scroll. Works fine, didnt knew u could use the +/- button.
So try the using the mouse.

Dudebot121256
03-10-2013, 02:41 PM
For me, CTRL and +/- only selects random buildings nearby. Same with CTRL and mouse wheel :/

Zeman
03-10-2013, 02:53 PM
For me, CTRL and +/- only selects random buildings nearby. Same with CTRL and mouse wheel :/

It does that also on my bluestacks, select a building. But it does zoom in and out for me if I keep scrolling outwards. Just need to click away any building it selected during the zoom out.

ArizonaSweetTea
03-10-2013, 03:28 PM
It does that also on my bluestacks, select a building. But it does zoom in and out for me if I keep scrolling outwards. Just need to click away any building it selected during the zoom out.

I get the same thing and it doesn't matter how I zoom in and out, it just keeps selecting random buildings.

Tommy Two Toes
03-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Just to confirm I cannot zoom out using "CTRL with -" or zoom in using "CTRL with +".

Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? CTRL + wheel up/down zooms in and out great for me.

gambet1234
03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm running Bluestacks (a couple versions ago with the black loading screen instead of the white) on a older box with XP SP3 and it runs like a dream. The newest version of BlueStacks on my Gaming Beast, same OS, with twice the power and RAM as the old box runs sort of OK with a few more bugs even though it is the same version and is listed as the same phone model in Google Play.

Anyone know what info CC uses to identify the installing computer? I uninstalled, removed all files and registry references to BlueStacks and uninstalled all changes with a comparison to the old registry backup. I can't get it to give me a fresh account!

Dudebot121256
03-11-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm running Bluestacks (a couple versions ago with the black loading screen instead of the white) on a older box with XP SP3 and it runs like a dream. The newest version of BlueStacks on my Gaming Beast, same OS, with twice the power and RAM as the old box runs sort of OK with a few more bugs even though it is the same version and is listed as the same phone model in Google Play.

Anyone know what info CC uses to identify the installing computer? I uninstalled, removed all files and registry references to BlueStacks and uninstalled all changes with a comparison to the old registry backup. I can't get it to give me a fresh account!Do you have a second computer or an android device?

Swearengen
03-12-2013, 05:12 AM

Anyone know what info CC uses to identify the installing computer? I uninstalled, removed all files and registry references to BlueStacks and uninstalled all changes with a comparison to the old registry backup. I can't get it to give me a fresh account!

pretty sure i am runing the newest version for windows 7 (it says no updates available) but it has a black loading screen not white...

gambet1234
03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
A couple of the older versions can't update automatically to the newest. It says "no updates", but the version on the site is newer. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. I regret updating the nicer computer. Stay with the old version until they hammer out some more bugs.

Greasy
03-18-2013, 09:53 PM
I tried to run cc on bluestacks but the screen is locked in verticle mode, and I don't see any button to rotate my screen ? Do you all play while your head is turned 90 deg ?

Swedevil
03-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Can someone tell me what exactly bluestacks is? And how to get it?

Zeman
03-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Can someone tell me what exactly bluestacks is? And how to get it?

Bluestacks is a android emulator for the PC. http://www.bluestacks.com/
It allows u to run same apps that u have on the phone, ofc since its a emulator it isnt perfect and ofc
GPS related apps wont work.

Also u can add a Google account to your bluestacks to have the purchase functionality

Swedevil
03-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Bluestacks is a android emulator for the PC. http://www.bluestacks.com/
It allows u to run same apps that u have on the phone, ofc since its a emulator it isnt perfect and ofc
GPS related apps wont work.

Also u can add a Google account to your bluestacks to have the purchase functionality

There isn't anything likethat for the iPhone is there.

Zeman
03-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Nope, Iphone or any other kind of phone cannot run bluestacks. Its for a PC/laptop only. But if u have a Macbook u can run bluestacks on it. Bluestack players mostly run a camper account on it for fun since people arent dragging their PC/laptop anywhere they go.

Swedevil
03-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Nope, Iphone or any other kind of phone cannot run bluestacks. Its for a PC/laptop only. But if u have a Macbook u can run bluestacks on it. Bluestack players mostly run a camper account on it for fun since people arent dragging their PC/laptop anywhere they go.
What I meant was, can someone with an iPhone run bluestacks on a pc? Or is there an equevilent around for that?

Butt Futter
03-20-2013, 03:56 AM
What I meant was, can someone with an iPhone run bluestacks on a pc? Or is there an equevilent around for that?

Are you asking if you can run your iOS CC account on a bluestacks app? I don't think you can go between iOS and Droid with CC accounts but I'm not an expert.

bald zeemer
03-20-2013, 04:32 AM
You can't. The bigger question is why you'd want to. It's quite glitchy, and I'm hard-pressed to imagine a situation where you have access to bluestacks but not to your phone/ipad.
As zeman said it's used by pretty much everyone to run campers.

Swearengen
03-20-2013, 05:06 AM
actually a number of people report it works fine for them, doesn't crash....

derchef
03-20-2013, 05:11 AM
yes work well , using a lot of ram

njemt242
04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
So I recently had to do a full uninstall of bluestacks due to problems with downloading apps. Before I did I set a funzio ID for my CC game and MW game but never hit old device. I redownloaded bluestacks and now I can't access either account. How do I retrieve both accounts? I have put to much effort into both to start over. On CC I just beat the boss 47 times and got all 10 bows in the last crate event in MW. Any ideas?

Tommy Two Toes
04-01-2013, 08:32 PM
So I recently had to do a full uninstall of bluestacks due to problems with downloading apps. Before I did I set a funzio ID for my CC game and MW game but never hit old device.

Uninstalling Bluestacks, and doing a reinstall is the equivalent to resetting your phone to factory default. All the data is lost on your machine, and you won't be able to recover it, unless you did a Windows backup, and can go to a previous good state when you had everything installed.

Your only hope is a support ticket. Give them as much information as you have about the account (id, level, stats nickname, any other tickets you sent in, which might contain your unique id), and open the ticket from inside the app on the device you'll be using (have to start a new game to do it). Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

gunny22
04-02-2013, 11:38 AM
i am running bluestacks on my win7 i can play cc but there are following issues:
- when i click rob button it hangs and i have to restart the app
- when i click some other map it hangs again
- when i click stats, inventory or comments same thing
- when i click revenge it still hangs on this
- when i click to view any of my mobs hood it hangs
hang here means the game stops responding and i have to restart the bluestacks

Pls tell me if someone encountered these issues and how to solve them....
Thanks

Exactly the same problem here.
Been experimenting with it since last night.

Only encountered one positive thing: I read somewhere you can only use it to run the same cc on droid and pc, but this is not the case: I could download and install it. And now I have a fresh cc running on my pc.

Tommy Two Toes
04-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Exactly the same problem here.
Been experimenting with it since last night.

I'm running Win7 64-bit, and no major issues. Sometimes its a little glitchy, but that's rare. The rig I run it on isn't anything special either, 3Ghz processor, and only 2 GB of RAM.

Lonestoner
04-02-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm running Win7 64-bit, and no major issues. Sometimes its a little glitchy, but that's rare. The rig I run it on isn't anything special either, 3Ghz processor, and only 2 GB of RAM.

Same here, Win 7 x64.. Quad core, 4gb ram.. Also nothing special, but it runs great for me. Not sure how to see what version I have exactly, but I rarely get anything but minor graphical errors.. It's actually a quite nice escape from the terror that is Crime City on my android phone.

njemt242
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I have had more issues running it on win7. But I guess thats why beta is next to it. My bluestacks on vista runs flawlessly.
@Tommy Two Shoes - that is what I was dreading but I sent a ticket and will see what happens.

Tommy Two Toes
04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
that is what I was dreading but I sent a ticket and will see what happens.

Good luck man. Report back to this thread when you get a response, and let us know if they were able to work it out:cool:

njemt242
04-03-2013, 04:56 AM
So they were able to transfer my MW account over to my android phone already. I did sent in the ticket for CC a day after MW. But it took less than 2 days to get MW back up and running. I will post a follow up when CC is transfered

gambet1234
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Uninstalling Bluestacks, and doing a reinstall is the equivalent to resetting your phone to factory default. All the data is lost on your machine, and you won't be able to recover it, unless you did a Windows backup, and can go to a previous good state when you had everything installed.

Not true. You can backup the SDcard and internal storage images and replace them when you re-install. Also, I uninstalled, deleted all files and wiped the registry of everything I could find and when I reinstalled I still had the same account. I'd love to know how that happened. I was trying to start fresh.

Swearengen
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
anyone know if you can transfer cc acts from one computer to another on bluestacks using the start in game transfer menu options?

Kiory
04-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Hey guys.
I recently got myself a CC camper account on Bluestacks.

But for some reason the game is unable to update itself. on my android i currently have the Briefcase event active. but on my Bluestacks it wont start up.

When i enter syndicate place i can see that the event is in progress but wont get any cases.
Ive tried to reinstall the game from google market and have autoupdate turned on.

Any idéas?

njemt242
04-04-2013, 04:28 AM
@ Tommy Two Toes. So I got my CC account back today. Not bad, both accounts back with the help of Gree support withing 3 days.

njemt242
04-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Hey guys.
I recently got myself a CC camper account on Bluestacks.

But for some reason the game is unable to update itself. on my android i currently have the Briefcase event active. but on my Bluestacks it wont start up.

When i enter syndicate place i can see that the event is in progress but wont get any cases.
Ive tried to reinstall the game from google market and have autoupdate turned on.

Any idéas?

2 options I can think of. First check to see if there is an update in the google play store. Check this on Bluestacks not your primary device. Second go to the in game menu and click more the click info. If it says updating then give it about 15 min before you exit the game. I have the case event on mine. My bigger issue is not getting any events on my kindle fire. But thats another thread

njemt242
04-04-2013, 04:32 AM
anyone know if you can transfer cc acts from one computer to another on bluestacks using the start in game transfer menu options?

you should be able to. I am able to do it between phone and computer

Kiory
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM
2 options I can think of. First check to see if there is an update in the google play store. Check this on Bluestacks not your primary device. Second go to the in game menu and click more the click info. If it says updating then give it about 15 min before you exit the game. I have the case event on mine. My bigger issue is not getting any events on my kindle fire. But thats another thread

I have tried both these options. Can´t see any update on google marker. and no download appearing in game.

For what its worth when i press the info it says:

Version: 3.5.2
Build: 88
Data: 20130402_3

The blustacks is my only device. run a camper account on the pc while i have my "normal" game on my phone.

Any other ideas`? :D

Kiory
04-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I have tried both these options. Can´t see any update on google marker. and no download appearing in game.

For what its worth when i press the info it says:

Version: 3.5.2
Build: 88
Data: 20130402_3

The blustacks is my only device. run a camper account on the pc while i have my "normal" game on my phone.

Any other ideas`? :D

Might be a stupid question.

But can it be that you dont get the case event unless your level 10+?

As far as i can see it i have the latest update but no signs of the event itself. can se it as under progress in the syndicate tab..

Tommy Two Toes
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
@ Tommy Two Toes. So I got my CC account back today. Not bad, both accounts back with the help of Gree support withing 3 days.

Awesome! I think Gree gets a bad rap here. They might be a little behind from time to time, but my limited experience with support has always been good.

can it be that you dont get the case event unless your level 10+?

I think you are right.

You have the most current build & data, but the events just don't open to everyone. There is usually a level limit.

Not true. You can backup the SDcard and internal storage images and replace them when you re-install. Also, I uninstalled, deleted all files and wiped the registry of everything I could find and when I reinstalled I still had the same account. I'd love to know how that happened. I was trying to start fresh.

New to me. My PC deleted all my Bluestacks files when I uninstalled. They were encrypted and compressed too, so you can't find the Android files inside Bluestacks using regular Windows Explorer. I could only find them with a tool like Astro (same as on a native Android OS).

njemt242
04-04-2013, 06:45 PM
I had to do a full uninstall. Took about 25 min for me to find all of the files and reg keys to delete. I lost everything. If you just go to install/uninstall program it doesnt fully get rid of it. If you follow the steps that I found and reinstall it, it is just like putting a new device one it. I had to uninstall again today to root my phone. Thank god I used my wifes phone to guarantee that I didnt lose my accounts again.

OneHoop
04-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Anyone running BlueStacks on OSX? Success in transferring to/from iOS device?

I'd wanted to switch my iPhone account over so that I could run into Overtime for the Executive Coupe. I was apprehensive about the stability and/or losing access to my account, and didn't have time to test it before the conclusion of the event so it is too late now. Wondering for the next Collect10 event, however. As it is, I'm just hoping that I get Bearer Bond #9 before someone important calls :)

M@

(FTW) steve
06-22-2013, 03:23 PM
I've recently reset my phone to factory settings and lost my account that I have over 2 years invested into, I have e-mailed gree but have not heard back from them yet. I have all of my old account info is there anything else I can do to get my account back other than wait for gree to reply. If anyone knows how to help me please let me know

zwiswoo
06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know how to get the google android market on bluestacks in OS X? Without it you can't do tapjoy or videos. Or buy gold for that matter.

c00guy
06-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Does anyone know how to get the google android market on bluestacks in OS X? Without it you can't do tapjoy or videos. Or buy gold for that matter.
Try installing bluestacks on parallels desktop

zwiswoo
06-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Try installing bluestacks on parallels desktop

Would that help? I can install bluestacks and run CC already. Just don't know how to install the market app..

KnightwolfMcGee
06-23-2013, 01:32 PM
If i remember right, i think i was prompted to get android market after clicking on a free gold link through the tapjoy page, have you tried clicking an offer to see what happens?

zwiswoo
06-23-2013, 02:26 PM
If i remember right, i think i was prompted to get android market after clicking on a free gold link through the tapjoy page, have you tried clicking an offer to see what happens?

What happens is the link opens using '1Mobile Market' which comes installed and using which you can install all the apps, do offers etc. But Crime City doesn't recognize '1Mobile Market' as being the google market, so it won't let you click the gold button to do offers...

c00guy
06-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Would that help? I can install bluestacks and run CC already. Just don't know how to install the market app..

Well Google play and a couple other stores work fine on bluestacks running on Windows. If you can get it to work on OS X great, otherwise you always have parallels to fall back on. Cheers! ;)

emcee423tn
06-23-2013, 10:31 PM
I started a new Crime City game on my laptop thru Bluestacks over a year ago and just bought a new lap-top. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer that game from old laptop to new through Bluestacks? I have invested time and money and also belong to a syndicate. Thanks

Swearengen
06-24-2013, 07:43 AM
yes it transfers fine. I do it from desktop to laptop every war.

:)

jhian
02-17-2014, 04:38 AM
I can't see nothing all appear black color, what I can do. thanks

CCKallDAY
02-17-2014, 04:57 AM
I can't see nothing all appear black color, what I can do. thanksUgh Don't Necro!!

TZora
02-17-2014, 05:49 AM
well she/he needs to spam a little more so she/he can create a new thread rather than replying to oldie threads :)

KingOW
02-17-2014, 06:01 AM
No crashes with BlueStacks for me. I run Win 7 with 32GB RAM and Intel i7 3770K @ 4.7 GHz. Much, much better than a phone lol.

EDIT: necro lol

KlitschkO
02-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Bluestack My only problem is that I can not zoom out: ((seen too much and the colors blurred, washed out .. not see normal! Because I can not shrink ... not me going with ctrl + ' - "I select buildings in the neighborhood when holding down the ctrl + scroll up down year d ... somebody solve this problem (who have this problem)!? thx

dadtech
02-17-2014, 01:49 PM

3) How do you update cc on it? have 2 acts on different computer via Bluestacks. One has the keg event, the other it won't come up on so I was thinking maybe it was an update issue...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Use Genymotion.

copernicus
02-18-2014, 03:16 PM
I had an account on BS (Win XP) until it refused to download data push (indicated that it was updating but took forever).

After I uninstalled and reinstalled with latest version of BS, I now get a black screen after loading. I know this is most
likely due to video drivers but there are no new drivers for my NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M.

When I reinstalled with the older version of BS that worked, I am now unable to download CC or any apps. I am not
sure how to link BS to a google account I used previously.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Assault and Flattery
02-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Stop necroing threads. Also, we don't support Bluestacks.