PDA

View Full Version : We. Are. Not. Having. Fun. :(

Peppers
03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Seriously, how are you all coming up with the match-ups this time around???

What can you POSSIBLY be basing it on?

We are Ranger's LLP's. We are Low Level Players! We are not in the shark tank! We are guppies! (with really big teeth).

Battle after battle after battle... we're coming up against factions with defense over 100k and in the high hundreds for levels.

MOST of our players are hitting the walls and command centers!

This last one really takes the cake. I think 2 of us are strong enough to hit their weakest player.

COME ON GREE... What are you doing? We are all around levels 50-80!!! Our average attack is like 50k!! We won't spend our money if we have NO ONE TO HIT!!!

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Thats really unfair i think but war aint fair

Peppers
03-09-2013, 10:55 PM
But, don't forget... no one is going to buy gold to hit a command center.

I need to put this in terms that Gree will understand.

HenryVIII
03-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Down time doesn't do gree's pocket book well either.

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Dear Gree.... Thank you for helping me see the light. I realize now that being a competitive low level and placing my faith in your ability to make thing fair and fun was foolish on my part. I was starting to become a gold player.... On average 7 vaults a month... But with this match up system being the way it is... I am reverting back to free. Also I will likely now just camp and suggest others do the same....

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:06 PM
...btw... We fully understand that we will hit tough factions once in a while.... But the number we hit this event is extremely high.... Most 2x to 3x our level.... All having defenses in the 100k plus range... Also we hit an entire faction of hackers....

manbeast
03-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Wish you better luck tomorrow peppers!

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:10 PM
So the bottom line Gree... You are losing another faction of mild to heavy gold users.... I personally spent $400 already this event and was planning spend more......not no more.

Dutchie
03-09-2013, 11:12 PM
and the fact that there also still many hacker factions out there which is destroying the game. Without a more robust and transparent system of removing hackers who are becoming a lot more subtle, it will ultimately destroy the game.

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Best of luck to you man beast... Have a lot of friends in ACE ....

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:13 PM
I might as well start hacking... Seems that is the way to go now and the likelihood anything will happen to you is next to nothing.

CJ54
03-09-2013, 11:14 PM
I completely understand the frustration with a bad match-up, but that's going to happen sometimes. We work to minimize it and keep an eye on how the overall matchups are going, but it is impossible to make sure that every one of the tens of thousands of participating guilds are going to have a perfect match-up every time.

Peppers
03-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Wish you better luck tomorrow peppers!

Thanks Manbeast :)

The only upside is that this high level factions we're matched up with don't hit us a lot. There aren't a lot of points for them to make off us... so they're also saving their gold until they are more appropriately matched up.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
I completely understand the frustration with a bad match-up, but that's going to happen sometimes. We work to minimize it and keep an eye on how the overall matchups are going, but it is impossible to make sure that every one of the tens of thousands of participating guilds are going to have a perfect match-up every time.

Just a thought, have you considered implementing challenges?

That way, you (each faction) can choose to accept or reject a challenge, NOT to your liking.

Peppers
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM

CJ, its not just once, twice or a few times. Its been almost all day. We are all getting very angry and frustrated... especially the lower stat players on my team who haven't been able to do anything.

SevenO9
03-09-2013, 11:17 PM
stop complaining, play FarmVille, stop whining, grow some balls, level up, be a shark yourself

Sorry Peppers I had to do this *hug*

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:21 PM

I fully understand what you are saying ... But this is far more than a run of bad luck that you seem to characterize it to be. I am not naive nor a noob when it comes to statistical probabilities ... Our match ups are utterly obscene and reflective of changes made or problems within the matching system for this event. It was not like this in the first two events.

CJ54
03-09-2013, 11:25 PM
CJ, its not just once, twice or a few times. Its been almost all day. We are all getting very angry and frustrated... especially the lower stat players on my team who haven't been able to do anything.

I'll ask the engineers what could cause that to happen, usually it levels out after a few fights. You guys might be in some kind of power/WD-point sargasso.

Just a thought, have you considered implementing challenges?

That way, you (each faction) can choose to accept or reject a challenge, NOT to your liking.

It's a good suggestion, but we'd have to put a reason to accept the challenge even if it was potentially bad, and also telegraph beforehand that it might be an ugly fight. We don't want the high-powered guilds to run out of people to fight either just because people lay down arms instead of fight them.

Interesting base mechanic though, with some fleshing out it might be pretty fun to "challenge" other guilds directly the same way you can attack a rival on the rivals list.

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Oh and CJ ... If you think it is just the luck of the draw... I challenge you to pull all of our match-ups... Especially the last five

... It's campout time.

Who wants a s'more? We are now camping and going back to being free players. Too bad you almost had us converted.

Q Raider
There does seem to be an odd pattern emerging this event regarding matchups.

We are not pushing as hard this event so are sitting a bit lower than we were for the last couple of events, floating around 25th.

Based on the points totals in the results screen the matches are falling into two primary bands. We either have a top ten faction or one in the 100 to 250 range.

PIRATE JUSTICE
I think most people would stay in their "sweet spot".
I'll ask the engineers what could cause that to happen, usually it levels out after a few fights. You guys might be in some kind of power/WD-point sargasso.It's a good suggestion, but we'd have to put a reason to accept the challenge even if it was potentially bad, and also telegraph beforehand that it might be an ugly fight. We don't want the high-powered guilds to run out of people to fight either just because people lay down arms instead of fight them.Interesting base mechanic though, with some fleshing out it might be pretty fun to "challenge" other guilds directly the same way you can attack a rival on the rivals list.

Lawyer
03-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh and CJ.. . The bad match ups increased after the game locked up for about 20 minutes... Where no match up were occurring.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Skull & Bones, you say? Hmmm, odd name.
I am the leader of skull&bones faction currently in the top 100, and my account went down for no reason at all just before the war. I get a message that says I need to contact gree for support. I click on help and send in a ticket. I have got nothing in response. My whole teal including my alter ego are down the leader. we cannot buy fortifications, bonuses or anything, from the looks of it I wont be getting my account fixed until gree has time. they need to have a different kind of response system for critical issues that need to be fixed. CJ if you read this, please fix this for me, its a bit ridiculous, my faction has already spent at least a thousand dollars, it would sure be nice to have my leadership back. 862738500 Skull&bones 146th in Greenland 254th in brazil

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 11:34 PM
I am the leader of skull&bones faction currently in the top 100, and my account went down for no reason at all just before the war. I get a message that says I need to contact gree for support. I click on help and send in a ticket. I have got nothing in response. My whole teal including my alter ego are down the leader. we cannot buy fortifications, bonuses or anything, from the looks of it I wont be getting my account fixed until gree has time. they need to have a different kind of response system for critical issues that need to be fixed. CJ if you read this, please fix this for me, its a bit ridiculous, my faction has already spent at least a thousand dollars, it would sure be nice to have my leadership back.

Skull&bones

146th in Greenland
254th in brazil

My dog likes bones can i feed you to my dog please? :D

Peppers
Skull & Bones, you say? Hmmm, odd name.

Ehh hem. This is my b!itching thread :)

And Lawyers, of course

and I can't forget Seven :P

Lawyer
Oh and I just love the fact this event started an hour early at 11am.... rather than the posted time ....great move gree.... also We tried to time our last battle to end BEFORE the surprise maintenance at midnight pacific standard time....only to find Gree started it 10 min early.....

Can gree add anymore insult to injury?

Crappy match ups.... Down time.... Freezes.... Can you understand why we are suspending our gold play?

ohwhatafinish
03-09-2013, 11:42 PM
When you go through a rival list and the lowest defense you get is 45k and the average defense of your faction is 45k you know that 50% of your team can't hit anybody. That would make the rivals faction average defense well above 45k. You do the maths

skullcleaner89
03-09-2013, 11:43 PM
and you guys can crack jokes if you want, I don't want to hang here on the forums with you, im just hoping for a reply from cj because I new this would be a popular topic right now. so when my problem is fixed ill leave..... crack the jokes it means nothing to me. You guys wouldnt agree that it is unfair, to all of a sudden loose complete access to your account right before the war starts as a leader for no reason at all? Come on work with me a bit, you would be extremely ticked off.

862738500 player id

skull&bones

143rd in Greenland
254th in brazil

ertrifo
03-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Worst game EVER, this ppl doesn't know what is doing and I am loosing my patience! never seen this things happening elsewhere!

Strontium dog
03-09-2013, 11:46 PM
To all those who post the mindless this is a war just get used to it replies. It quite obviously not a war it's a game, be it a game that's designed to get your money. As with all games it needs to work, be consistent and have a mechanic which is fair and transparent otherwise people will leave

Peppers
03-09-2013, 11:48 PM
To all those who post the mindless this is a war just get used to it replies. It quite obviously not a war it's a game, be it a game that's designed to get your money. As with all games it needs to work, be consistent and have a mechanic which is fair and transparent otherwise people will leave

I agree 100%!!!

But, if you're talking about Seven's post, that was done in jest to bug me :)

Soot
03-10-2013, 12:43 AM
i'm a new player(3 weeks). this thread along with several others have made me question on whether i want to continue playing this game. there seems to be no communication between GREE and the players.

Bronson
03-10-2013, 12:46 AM
See what happens when the server goes back up Dr Peppers - what's the worst that can happen?

CJ54
03-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Hopefully you guys get a good match-up next time around. I've passed your guild info over to the engineers just to take a peek at to be sure though.

Peppers
03-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Ohh, this sounds ominous. First Bronson, then CJ....

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Ohh, this sounds ominous. First Bronson, then CJ....Maybe you'll get those weak, nautical themed creme puffs, hah?

Peppers
03-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Hopefully you guys get a good match-up next time around. I've passed your guild info over to the engineers just to take a peek at to be sure though.

In all seriousness... thanks CJ. We were all getting really frustrated and tempers were hot.

Please remember that when reading some of our faction members more colorful posts :)

Peppers
03-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Maybe you'll get those weak, nautical themed creme puffs, hah?

Will you be wearing your mankini?

Giedrybe
03-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Thank you, CJ. Could you please give individual feedback to Peppers in case engineers will find it normal/weird?

We will all be very grateful for this as this time we really don't have much fun :)

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Will you be wearing your mankini?It's been said I play MW in the buff. LOL

Bronson
03-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Will you be wearing your mankini?

He will wear the mankini if you wear your MW t-shirt

Peppers
03-10-2013, 01:08 AM
You've got yourself a deal!

What about you Bronson?

Bronson
03-10-2013, 01:28 AM
You've got yourself a deal!

What about you Bronson?

Ill wear my bow tie

MadFox
03-10-2013, 03:40 AM
I am playing this game now for since January 2012.... over a year then. I have been following the forums since then.
Gree also got cash from me for buying little Gold. Not hundreds or thousands although I am happy to be in the position that I COULD spend those amounts of money. Everyone has his own limits.

Now I am a proud member of a faction whose teamwork and organisation is so impressive, that I just started to get into the heavier gold buying process I always detested before.

And now we are experiencing matchups which are far far away from a fair competition. They are far away from being challenging. Even with gold you can't beat players with stats which are 5 times as high as yours.

Now my chash surely won't get into GREEds purse. I am starting to fold little paper planes out of it instead and enjoy them flying after I set them on fire... seems to me a better investment.

I would like to have a look at the matchup algorithms and the algorithms of crate events.

I have really enjoyed the game until this event and I really think there are others who think like me.
GREE should consider to listen even more to their customer. Think about happier customers and imagine how they start spending money automatically. A customer who spent gold and gets frustrated only pays once!
CJ I would appreciate any comment or PM.

oh... I won't even complain about all the hacking I have experienced so far. This could be handled later. We have so many nice screenshots of all those nice guys we came around.

Greetings

sincerely

FOX

Mcdoc
03-10-2013, 04:15 AM
We had some very weak Factions pop up against us that didn't make sense - and then we found their one player with 6 million defense (hacker) which it seemed was the reason their team's overall stats matched them up with us. Maybe you have someone in your house who you don't know has hacked stats ? ? ?

SuperSonic Chimp
03-10-2013, 04:34 AM
Since it seems my posts never get any real traction when I bring some of these issues to light very early in the event, I will post it here. The matching system is flawed, but I have an idea of how to work around it. We usually work our way from top 500 to top 150ish in the 5 day events. The matches got harder, not easier. There were maybe 1 team a day that we could demolish the rest were almost even, but still overpowered in numbers. The teams where everyone has over 500 allies make it very hard to score points when you waste stamina trying to find someone hitable.

During this event, the first 5 matches were TERRIBLE! I mean totally out match! They had more players, everyone was allied up over 500 and after serious poking, only a few of us could get hits in. In 5 hours of play, we barely had 40k points, vs. the usual 60-70k. After personally having to sit out all 5 matches, as leader I wanted to boost my teams morale and took out and entire level 10 fort pretty much by myself with "weak" stats compared to 70% of my group. We ended up destroying this team but with a very hefty price tag. But every match after that one BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY! Match-ups are clearly by team rank, not comparable stats. Milspec is 10 times stronger than us if not more, when they were in the 100th spot, is when we got them and they failed to use lube as well.On a normal event, we wouldn't even sniff fighting them, but because of their planned boycott, they started from the back with very easy teams to beat....and that is clearly the secret to it all. Wait out the first few days of the event, play a few HUGE match ups at the end because you will be pared with lower ranked teams. As we started to fall back, we had more players to attack. So I purposely tried to move us out of top 100 to get matches where all of my team mates could participate. But the spending stopped as well. It would be nice if Gree could find a balance in here. We don't mind spending, but we don't want to pay for a crappy time. The past 12 hours we have been over matched yet again...most of us are just sitting out hitting the forts, hoping we don't get too far behind. Not saying we want cupcakes every round, we just want to be competitive, stop screwing around with SEC football type scheduling.

I'm sure you'd make more money and points on the leader board would be much higher if a team with over attack scores were with in 25-50k of another teams overall defense. Strategy go us here, not our stats.

-SC

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 04:43 AM
We had some very weak Factions pop up against us that didn't make sense - and then we found their one player with 6 million defense (hacker) which it seemed was the reason their team's overall stats matched them up with us. Maybe you have someone in your house who you don't know has hacked stats ? ? ?I am almost sure that this is not the case but you raise a valid point and I will be checking everything to ensure I leave no stone unturned.

Grizz875
03-10-2013, 04:50 AM
If you were a top 100 faction in both Brazil and Greenland then you should get tough matchups IMO. Not hatin' just statin'

MadFox
03-10-2013, 04:51 AM
we also encountered a hacker faction.
Their defense leader was far out of reach with so many nice indestructables of one single type ;)
Most of the rest of his crew were normal at the first look. As I said...many nice pictures taken with an inventory smiling at the camera.

Yankster
03-10-2013, 05:19 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47989-Winning-tier-and-prize-distribution.

jamie..TTB..
03-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Being a member of Ticking time bomb 75th in B4G we have seen a improvement in the match ups we have fought against teams 50-500 most being around the 100 mark last time in B4G. We have a very mixed group most being under lvl 80 but we have took it to all comers and stand 17 - 0 in the raid for Egypt ...

MadFox
03-10-2013, 05:29 AM
If you were a top 100 faction in both Brazil and Greenland then you should get tough matchups IMO. Not hatin' just statin'

Well, tough matchups are just ok....
The ranking does not have anything to do with the level of the player, right?
So I know there are some Factions in good rankings whose players have stats around 5k att and def.
Also are factions with HLPs who just can't get better than top 1000....

We have learned that the position of a faction is not glued on HLP or LLP, agreed?
So it is a good idea to have matchups at the same average level.
I won't call a matchup between average lvl 65 players (40k stats) and level 200 (150k -200k stats) not tough.... I would call it messed up or impossible...
IMO and not only IMO

MadFox
03-10-2013, 05:32 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47989-Winning-tier-and-prize-distribution.

Absolutely Yankster
those issues need a quick fix or far better balance...!!!

Beamer
03-10-2013, 05:59 AM
We are experiencing the opposite. We are inside the top 100 and are last battle was against a team that doesn't even have 100,000 WD points. That's the way it has been pretty the whole event hardest faction we faced was special ops ghost recon who put it to us pretty good. Other than them we have had no trouble with opponents.On another note this event is too long IMO

MadFox
03-10-2013, 06:07 AM
We are experiencing the opposite. We are inside the top 100 and are last battle was against a team that doesn't even have 100,000 WD points. That's the way it has been pretty the whole event hardest faction we faced was special ops ghost recon who put it to us pretty good. Other than them we have had no trouble with opponents.On another note this event is too long IMO

lol... when I read this... I ask myself if annulation could be a good idea.... all the Gold lost (just for the player)
due technical reasons all WD points will disappear in the smoke of the overheated servers....
maybe some players get their accounts reset...
..and the next event will be the Raid on Egypt... lol

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 06:16 AM

We got tough match ups in all 3 wars but in this particular war it seems the match ups are either with hacker factions or factions that have way higher stats than we have.

In the last two wars we had a mixture of factions from the very tough to factions that were evenly matched with ours.

If that is the case, there is no incentive to play if all we can hit is the wall or CC. We don't mind doing it in a few wars, like 20% of wars but it seems to be 80% of wars now and then look at the title of this thread again!

We will cope, we will change our strategy and tactics again...

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Since it seems my posts never get any real traction when I bring some of these issues to light very early in the event, I will post it here. The matching system is flawed, but I have an idea of how to work around it. We usually work our way from top 500 to top 150ish in the 5 day events. The matches got harder, not easier. There were maybe 1 team a day that we could demolish the rest were almost even, but still overpowered in numbers. The teams where everyone has over 500 allies make it very hard to score points when you waste stamina trying to find someone hitable.

During this event, the first 5 matches were TERRIBLE! I mean totally out match! They had more players, everyone was allied up over 500 and after serious poking, only a few of us could get hits in. In 5 hours of play, we barely had 40k points, vs. the usual 60-70k. After personally having to sit out all 5 matches, as leader I wanted to boost my teams morale and took out and entire level 10 fort pretty much by myself with "weak" stats compared to 70% of my group. We ended up destroying this team but with a very hefty price tag. But every match after that one BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY! Match-ups are clearly by team rank, not comparable stats. Milspec is 10 times stronger than us if not more, when they were in the 100th spot, is when we got them and they failed to use lube as well.On a normal event, we wouldn't even sniff fighting them, but because of their planned boycott, they started from the back with very easy teams to beat....and that is clearly the secret to it all. Wait out the first few days of the event, play a few HUGE match ups at the end because you will be pared with lower ranked teams. As we started to fall back, we had more players to attack. So I purposely tried to move us out of top 100 to get matches where all of my team mates could participate. But the spending stopped as well. It would be nice if Gree could find a balance in here. We don't mind spending, but we don't want to pay for a crappy time. The past 12 hours we have been over matched yet again...most of us are just sitting out hitting the forts, hoping we don't get too far behind. Not saying we want cupcakes every round, we just want to be competitive, stop screwing around with SEC football type scheduling.

I'm sure you'd make more money and points on the leader board would be much higher if a team with over attack scores were with in 25-50k of another teams overall defense. Strategy go us here, not our stats.

-SC

Well said and I think you are onto something here. Seems to me they have taken something out of the equation since the last 2 wars.

Philly982
03-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Peppers, Dutchie, and Lawyers bring up really good points. I understand that bad matchups will happen from time to time, but we have been getting waves of matchups that we cannot even compete in. I wonder if the matchup system is constantly recalculating the matchup algorithims as the event progresses. It seems that the more gold we spend and the more active everyone is the tougher the matchup. Then we get crushed for 10 consecutive battles that we cannot compete in and it turns away many of our players as there is no point against certain factions. We all just take our 29 points per wall hit and save our gold. After getting crushed for nearly half a day it seems like we fall into a "worse" tier and get a cake matchup or two that lifts us back into a better tier and the cycle repeats itself. In a way it makes sense, but it does not seem like it is maximizing Gree's revenue potential. I like PJ's idea of challenges, but I don't think that it would be great idea for the best factions. I don't think many factions that are not up to par would willingly want to take on the mighty top factions. It would be like falling in public. You at least hope everyone looking is laughing and entertained, because it sure wasn't fun for yourself.

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Peppers, Dutchie, and Lawyers bring up really good points. I understand that bad matchups will happen from time to time, but we have been getting waves of matchups that we cannot even compete in. I wonder if the matchup system is constantly recalculating the matchup algorithims as the event progresses. It seems that the more gold we spend and the more active everyone is the tougher the matchup. Then we get crushed for 10 consecutive battles that we cannot compete in and it turns away many of our players as there is no point against certain factions. We all just take our 29 points per wall hit and save our gold. After getting crushed for nearly half a day it seems like we fall into a "worse" tier and get a cake matchup or two that lifts us back into a better tier and the cycle repeats itself. In a way it makes sense, but it does not seem like it is maximizing Gree's revenue potential. I like PJ's idea of challenges, but I don't think that it would be great idea for the best factions. I don't think many factions that are not up to par would willingly want to take on the mighty top factions. It would be like falling in public. You at least hope everyone looking is laughing and entertained, because it sure wasn't fun for yourself.

We think GOLD spending has been added to the matching algorithm... We could be wrong but something has changed.

Trebor
03-10-2013, 07:26 AM
I have found the matchup system to be horrible as well, defintantly tougher this time around, we have fought 2 wars we couldn't hit anything but the walls or command center, we saved our gold on those wars !

We are finding easier teams today tho, maybe you guys are too ?

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 07:41 AM
I have found the matchup system to be horrible as well, defintantly tougher this time around, we have fought 2 wars we couldn't hit anything but the walls or command center, we saved our gold on those wars !

We are finding easier teams today tho, maybe you guys are too ?

Got one finally! Hallelujah! Feel sorry for the faction, particulary one player who is getting a right seeing to! We are unleashing our frustration onto them!

I hope the guy has plenty of KY!

Giedrybe
03-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Lots of frustration.

However I don't feel there is a matching algorithm with gold variable in it. I don't say it for granted, but what we generally faced were just HLP factions. I cannot say that they were heavy gold users as they have not demolished us heavily.

What I felt is that too heavy variable in algorithm is based on current wdp. We are LLP faction, which has a place in top100. We have been matched with many HLP faction in a row, where we just cannot find the target. So HLP means high attack/defense values, so most likely we got them as we were not far away in wdp.

Another thing is that we have strategically invested a lot of our resources in expanding guild. So if LLP guild with 40 members will be always matched with average HLP faction with 20 members and thus total faction strenght is somewhere in the same range, so then tell me what is the point then of investing into faction size.

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Lots of frustration.

However I don't feel there is a matching algorithm with gold variable in it. I don't say it for granted, but what we generally faced were just HLP factions. I cannot say that they were heavy gold users as they have not demolished us heavily.

What I felt is that too heavy variable in algorithm is based on current wdp. We are LLP faction, which has a place in top100. We have been matched with many HLP faction in a row, where we just cannot find the target. So HLP means high attack/defense values, so most likely we got them as we were not far away in wdp.

Another thing is that we have strategically invested a lot of our resources in expanding guild. So if LLP guild with 40 members will be always matched with average HLP faction with 20 members and thus total faction strenght is somewhere in the same range, so then tell me what is the point then of investing into faction size.

Maybe the factions didn't use their gold because of the fact we are LLPs and hence they get less points. I don't know, I am just speculating... we all are because there is no transparency. However your reasoning, as always, is spot on!

Big John
03-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Something seems to have changed.

We need a lot more to reach top 500.

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Got one finally! Hallelujah! Feel sorry for the faction, particulary one player who is getting a right seeing to! We are unleashing our frustration onto them!

I hope the guy has plenty of KY!

Frustration leads to anger, anger leads to pain, pain is what they got... Apologies to this one member in this faction but we had no choice! This is war!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2lc1eoh.png

SuperSonic Chimp
03-10-2013, 08:29 AM
WE FINALLY DROPPED OUT OF TOP 100!!! YAY! I hate it for some team in the next 24 hours, I'm encouraging dropping a million on them. :-x That's frustration from a light -moderate gold spending team!

mxz
03-10-2013, 08:38 AM
One way to make PJ's Challenge system work is to base the WD points off it.

If you reject a faction you're docked the next fight a % of WD points (higher % for factions lower than you, smaller % for factions much higher than you). You could have a decaying function such that a faction ranked a certain % higher than you can be declined with no penalty.
If you accept a Challenge from a higher ranked faction you get a bonus % of WD points, comparable to the difference in rank. So if #50 took on PUN they'd have something like a 200% bonus to WD points for that battle. #5 would get a 50% bonus (or something like that) for accepting PUN's challenge.

This incentivizes taking on the hard battles and allows factions more freedom in choosing their battles.

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 08:44 AM

If you reject a faction you're docked the next fight a % of WD points (higher % for factions lower than you, smaller % for factions much higher than you). You could have a decaying function such that a faction ranked a certain % higher than you can be declined with no penalty.
If you accept a Challenge from a higher ranked faction you get a bonus % of WD points, comparable to the difference in rank. So if #50 took on PUN they'd have something like a 200% bonus to WD points for that battle. #5 would get a 50% bonus (or something like that) for accepting PUN's challenge.

This incentivizes taking on the hard battles and allows factions more freedom in choosing their battles.

Sounds like a great idea because it gives people choice and choice is what people like. The current matching system is a black box and it can frustrate as hell especially when you have 3 days of it!

Will they change the current system... pffff.... don't think so as it is designed to get maximum revenue. Give you crap matchups where you don't have a chance to score and then once in a while give you an easy target so that you spend, spend, spend!

MadFox
03-10-2013, 08:52 AM

Very good idea...this idea, along with the variety of others should be discussed between GREE and its customers.
Customer relationship management systems could be a good idea GREE. I you have CRM, go for an upgrade :) . Always upgrade your base and the IPH will rise :)

socomloser
03-10-2013, 09:22 AM
I think everybody run into this problems

Товарищ
03-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Nvm, didn't see the thread had more than 1 page, context might have changed...

It's sad how you're basically begging GREE to take your money.
But first they need to fix issues with their service to get above sub-par.
When usually, a company's provided services meed to be so good, that it earns it's money from the customer.
(Yet there are plenty of players out there paying even for sub-par services!)

Looking from this angle, GREE should be one of the very most successful companies in the world!
That is big points to GREE! (even if it's not very ethical points)

MadFox
03-10-2013, 10:28 AM
It's sad how you're basically begging GREE to take your money.
But first they need to fix issues with their service to get above sub-par.
When usually, a company's provided services meed to be so good, that it earns it's money from the customer.
(Yet there are plenty of players out there paying even for sub-par services!)

Looking from this angle, GREE should be one of the very most successful companies in the world!
That is big points to GREE! (even if it's not very ethical points)

I don't think this community has to beg gree to take our money...
gree knows how to do it :) . Regarding the percentage of opening boxes without gold or even scratching for a valuable price everyday.
Still there are enough opportunities to spend real money... increasing opportunities.

BringIt
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I doubt all the top 100 teams have an average defense of 100k for their members. So I think a faction with an average defense of 40K should be matched up similarily or with all the lower level top 100 factions. Once in a while get matched up with a high stats faction but 5 times in a row is ridiculous! Hopefully this issue can be fixed out to improve GREE's image with customers!

Giedrybe
03-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Being a member of Ticking time bomb 75th in B4G we have seen a improvement in the match ups we have fought against teams 50-500 most being around the 100 mark last time in B4G. We have a very mixed group most being under lvl 80 but we have took it to all comers and stand 17 - 0 in the raid for Egypt ...

Looks like your perfect record has been spoiled by us :) Anyway, thumbs up for you as you are the only one llp faction like us which we saw in bfe!

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 04:34 PM
We had some very weak Factions pop up against us that didn't make sense - and then we found their one player with 6 million defense (hacker) which it seemed was the reason their team's overall stats matched them up with us. Maybe you have someone in your house who you don't know has hacked stats ? ? ?

All stones have been turned and we have no hackers in our faction. The conclusion is that the matching algorithm is responsible. If we had a hacker we would always be facing higher level factions but this has not been the case. We have had one low level faction by the name of Ticking Time Bomb whose perfect record we blemished and then there was another faction we went to town with as per earlier screenshot.

jamie..TTB..
03-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Fair play to you guys we just couldnt Find a player that payed out enough WD points so we recharged ready for the next one
You are still the only team to have beaten us but we are in a tight battle with the US Wolverines at the min...

Bilal72
03-10-2013, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Peppers;635418]Seriously, how are you all coming up with the match-ups this time around???

What can you POSSIBLY be basing it on?

You’re not alone I’m the D leader in OTS and my D is over 100K, and it sucks cause yeah we can beat a lot of guys but we barely score any points. Not cool to attack and earn an entire 38 points. Impossible to stay ranked like that. Players get frustrated and start buying gold just to attack more and stay at a good position

Peppers
03-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Jamie & Bilal72,

You've hit the nail on the head with the flip side of the problem we were facing. We couldn't find people to hit in your factions... and you couldn't score any points hitting us because of our levels.

Its a lose/lose match up, and no one buys gold.

On the upside: the match-ups today are much better. The teams are still much tougher than in Greenland, and a lot of our players are still hitting the command center, but not like it was yesterday where everyone but the top 2 attack players on our team were hitting the wall and command center.

Col Sanders
03-10-2013, 09:15 PM
I can't start a new post, so I am replying on this one. I have been playing for months. a little while ago, I started the game, and it started from the very beginning. with the "Choose your Nation" screen. I also play Crime City and that is working just fine. Any ideas?

procsyzarc
03-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Don't worry the screw high levels too. At least you can level up and have the best of everything. Those of us already L200 can't do anything but start again.

If fact you probably get more points hitting the command centre than they get for hitting you. We had one match up in Greenland were their highest player gave me 30 points versus 78 from command centre.

Waverunr
03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
We were a top 130 faction and after our third game we had 9k points. First team scored over 100k on us and we stopped playing. We have not had a chance with the match ups to claw are way back up. We are barely a top 500 now and we are fighting teams still in the top 250. I agree on the gold, I wish I could have sold my back there is no reason to use gold this war. Before this weekends I could not stop playing this game, the new health regen sucks, the matching system does not allow you to compete, and all the game issues made this a horrible event. I will not buy gold for the next one until I see if it is better than this. If you have to spend all your money to win, it is not a game is it?

colonelcus2
03-11-2013, 11:15 AM
dO WHAT I DID, I DROPPED 200 ALLIES LET THEM HIT ME AND GOT 20,000 POINTS LMAO. I AM 2ND PLACE BEHIND OUR BATTLE LEADER WITHOUT USING GOLD WHICH I KNOW HE HAS LOL. OH AND WE HAVE 40 PLAYERS IN THE FACTION AND ABOUT 70% HIGHER THAN ME HAHA

Adm.J
03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
I offer no opinions here, so take this and do with it as you will. My faction has not yet made top 1000. We've added one high level player since last event, and upgraded our individual armies. While winning means nothing, we have gone from a .500 record to an .870 record, climbed about 500 places, and increased total points by 25%. No real gold spending here. A couple of players spend a few bucks, but we are waiting on the clock to regen health every round. Of our losses, 2 were close, and 1 was a slaughter by a faction that I just spotted today ranked 500 and must have gotten a late start because when the crushed us yesterday, we had a sizeable point lead on them. Of our wins, we outscored most of our opponents by 2:1.