PDA

View Full Version : Friends in Rival List?

PawnXIIX
03-09-2013, 06:35 PM
I know I've seen this before - but I thought at some point it was fixed. I can see the same person in my rival list as I have in my friends list.

I know this is old news but I thought the fact that it had gone away, more or less, was more like a sign that it wasn't a problem anymore.

cooch
03-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I know I've seen this before - but I thought at some point it was fixed. I can see the same person in my rival list as I have in my friends list.

I know this is old news but I thought the fact that it had gone away, more or less, was more like a sign that it wasn't a problem anymore.

Nope, happened to me a few weeks ago...lots of bugs of late. In fact see on some msg boards the question where they thought it was 175 but appears to be lower. I didn't know if it was a change in Gree policy or a bug. Now I'll have to assume it is a bug. Only reason I didn't attack the guy is his name was so peculiar.

PawnXIIX
03-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I have somebody in my syndicate telling me now that it only matters if they're in the same syndicate. Now nobody is safe I suppose ._.

cooch
03-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I have somebody in my syndicate telling me now that it only matters if they're in the same syndicate. Now nobody is safe I suppose ._.

More a guess or assumption since Gree never announces these changes. Maybe it makes it easier for them. So goes the theory of mobbing up with competitors in your lvl range protects you!:(

mxz
03-09-2013, 07:25 PM
It's by design. Happened in MW, too. Necessary change for Factions/Syndicate wars to work.

mxz
03-09-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?45442-Allies-the-Rivals-List-and-Faction-Members&p=587785&viewfull=1#post587785

Hey all, we've had some questions/concerns about allies showing up on the rivals list. This is due to an intentional change to remove faction members from the rivals list; allies that are not in your faction can potentially show up on your rivals list.

The other reason was game balance; due to the number of allies you can have and the distribution of players in certain level brackets, it has gotten to the point where many people don't have enough people to attack. This has been a serious ongoing concern for awhile now.

We understand this stretches the definition of "ally" a bit out of shape, but we do want to let you know what is going on.

PawnXIIX
03-09-2013, 10:00 PM
It's by design. Happened in MW, too. Necessary change for Factions/Syndicate wars to work.

So I can get attacked by HTC Blue you're saying...?

Sunsets
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Pretty much, since they're technically two separate Syndicates. You won't find me attacking anyone though

cooch
03-09-2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?45442-Allies-the-Rivals-List-and-Faction-Members&p=587785&viewfull=1#post587785

Mxz: thanks for the info!