PDA

View Full Version : Schedualed Matainence Sunday

Commander Ghost
03-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Didnt see this on the forum yet. Just saw this messge that servers will be down from 12-3pm. Im assuming PST.

Eisenhower
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
"Server Error. Updating event data."

I didn't see the maintenance message but MID-BATTLE I can no longer attack.... THANKS GREE

CJ54
03-09-2013, 12:11 PM
The plan is to take the server down during that time to avoid some DST-related unpleasantness.

The server errors this morning/last night were due to an issue over in Amazon's eastern facility (where some of our servers are located).

Dudebot121256
03-09-2013, 12:18 PM
The plan is to take the server down during that time to avoid some DST-related unpleasantness.

The server errors this morning/last night were due to an issue over in Amazon's eastern facility (where some of our servers are located).Will World Domination be postponed and extended to reimburse the lost time?

CJ54
03-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Will World Domination be postponed and extended to reimburse the lost time?

We're planning on extending for 3 hours at the end of the event to compensate.

Dudebot121256
03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
We're planning on extending for 3 hours at the end of the event to compensate.Ok, that's good to know. Thanks.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Ugh, there went my: A) planned break B)Extended time on the WORST workday of the week. *shrugs*

Alexlee
03-09-2013, 11:15 PM
you announced on game was 12:am-3:am.. but you started at 10:50pm..
CJ, not every of us go on this forum.
Please announce any game change on game. Not just the forum. Including New buildings, new troops. New updates.
Don't just announce new gold items, gold discounts...
Thanks.

lmsyl
03-09-2013, 11:29 PM
:(
Now we even do not know when it will restart. 3AM PST, can we trust that? That is 4AM PDT.
You stole our gold, and this will back fire on you eventually.

4Nik8R
03-09-2013, 11:44 PM
That was a BIG heads up! Lets see...hold off on bfe for a week and FIX bugs that hinder android users or run bfe and shut it down while in progres for time change....hum...erh...RUN IT! lmao

Gen CheeBye
03-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Dear CJ and whoever it is that owns Gree,

After burning 3 vaults of gree gold, my faction was within striking distance of the top 250 places. We are not as rich as the PUNs and the FER's in modern war but what is happening now is really fooking ridiculous.

Game crashes everytime after 4th or 5th attack on rivals or everytime you try to post on the forum, my faction leader loses gold everytime he purchases health pack and now the worst bit...shutting down the server when we, modern war players based in Asia are supposed to make up some lost ground over westen based teams.

You are not only incompetent (with the software glitches on android) but have now become racist arseholes. Does the money we spend to pay your salary and bonuses any different? Are there too few gold users from this region that we are now negligible? Why not shut down the server at 11am PST instead since you guys chose to start the event at that time?

I may never get a fooking straight answer and I really dont expect one, i am so mad and upset now I really dont even care if someone is looking into this mess you guys have created. I am just here to serve notice that this will the last vault of gold you will see me purchase with my hard earned money.

Sincerely.

P/S: Free players (non-gold users) will not care if you shut down the server, or if the game crashes every ten seconds. Think about it real hard.

CJ54
03-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Game crashes everytime after 4th or 5th attack on rivals or everytime you try to post on the forum, my faction leader loses gold everytime he purchases health pack and now the worst bit...shutting down the server when we, modern war players based in Asia are supposed to make up some lost ground over westen based teams.

You are not only incompetent (with the software glitches on android) but have now become racist arseholes. Does the money we spend to pay your salary and bonuses any different? Are there too few gold users from this region that we are now negligible? Why not shut down the server at 11am PST instead since you guys chose to start the event at that time?

Straight answer is that we had to take the servers down now because our servers are based on Pacific Time, which responds to daylight savings. That was a very early mistake that we made when we set up the whole infrastructure for this game. It is very difficult to fix at this point. Every time that daylight savings rolls around in the US, this causes a bunch of major issues. It could have caused major issues for this event that would have potentially dwarfed the frustrations about the enforced maintenance. As it is, we may still have some blips. This decision was not made lightly by any stretch.

So that said, no, we didn't pick the time on this one, the time was picked for us. Our players and customers in Asia are just as important as our players elsewhere (if they weren't important, we wouldn't have the full server team up right now in the middle of the night working on this).

I am a cow
03-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Dear CJ and whoever it is that owns Gree,

After burning 3 vaults of gree gold, my faction was within striking distance of the top 250 places. We are not as rich as the PUNs and the FER's in modern war but what is happening now is really fooking ridiculous.

I may never get a fooking straight answer and I really dont expect one, i am so mad and upset now I really dont even care if someone is looking into this mess you guys have created. I am just here to serve notice that this will the last vault of gold you will see me purchase with my hard earned money.

Sincerely.

P/S: Free players (non-gold users) will not care if you shut down the server, or if the game crashes every ten seconds. Think about it real hard.

Quit it with your whining if you dont want to lose gold then dont buy it easy as pie

SevenO9
03-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Kudos to CJ for even replying to this guy. Given the harsh insults I personaly would have ignored him, a lock / ban wouldn't have hurt either.

I can understand some players are upset about a detail or two, but can't we all use cicilized language?

skullcleaner89
03-10-2013, 12:40 AM

The server errors this morning/last night were due to an issue over in Amazon's eastern facility (where some of our servers are located).

I am the leader of skull&bones faction currently in the top 100, and my account went down for no reason at all just before the war. I get a message that says I need to contact gree for support. I click on help and send in a ticket. I have got nothing in response out of about 10 tickets sent. My whole teal including my alter ego are down the leader. we cannot buy fortifications, bonuses or anything, from the looks of it I wont be getting my account fixed until after the war. its a bit ridiculous, my faction has already spent at least a thousand dollars, it would sure be nice to have my main character back in play and reimbursed somehow for 2 days lost in the war. I have paid 300 dollars into this war already through my alter ego and I would buy more if my account was fixed and reimbursed somehow. Please help me out CJ, I spend a lot of time with this game, and run a spreadsheet for it.

862738500 player id

Skull&bones

146th in Greenland
254th in brazil

CJ54
03-10-2013, 12:43 AM
I am the leader of skull&bones faction currently in the top 100, and my account went down for no reason at all just before the war. I get a message that says I need to contact gree for support. I click on help and send in a ticket. I have got nothing in response out of about 10 tickets sent. My whole teal including my alter ego are down the leader. we cannot buy fortifications, bonuses or anything, from the looks of it I wont be getting my account fixed until after the war. its a bit ridiculous, my faction has already spent at least a thousand dollars, it would sure be nice to have my main character back in play and reimbursed somehow for 2 days lost in the war. I have paid 300 dollars into this war already through my alter ego and I would buy more if my account was fixed and reimbursed somehow. Please help me out CJ, I spend a lot of time with this game, and run a spreadsheet for it.

862738500 player id

Skull&bones

146th in Greenland
254th in brazil

Hi Skullcleaner, you are new to the forums so I would suggest that you read the forum guidelines stickied at the top of every forum. Spamming threads repeatedly with the same info (including to get my attention) is not kosher behavior around here and will result in a warning ban if it keeps up.

If you sent in a ticket, it will be answered by our Support team as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding on this.

Gen CheeBye
03-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Dear Cow,

There is a huge difference between a complaint made by a paying customer and a whine from someone who doesn't.

I just did that...not buying anymore gold. I respect you as the elderly statesmen on this forum but please don't misinterpret the message of my post which is to tell gree they have lost yet another paying customer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply my post though.

As for CJ,

Thanks for your reply. I am reverting back to playing the game as a non-paying customer. Good luck on trying to make the game glitch free (three battles on and no change in sight makes me a little skeptical if that day will actually come).

skullcleaner89
03-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Hi Skullcleaner, you are new to the forums so I would suggest that you read the forum guidelines stickied at the top of every forum. Spamming threads repeatedly with the same info (including to get my attention) is not kosher behavior around here and will result in a warning ban if it keeps up.

If you sent in a ticket, it will be answered by our Support team as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding on this.

well thank you for replying to my message, and sorry about the spamming, but if you knew that I have been trying to get your attention for 2 hours couldn't you have said that a little earlier? im starting to get around and read all these unhappy people and it sucks to say I am one of them. to get a response from you like this is hurtfull. 300 dollars might not be a big deal to your company, but when I put it into a game that I enjoy to play, I think I deserve a little more then that. if I spent that 300 dollars at a hotel I would have very good service with many things that I needed right away. I think that it is fair I get to play in this war and be reimbursed somehow for my troubles. and you basically just rolled me over with we will get to you later. well thanks man I wonder if I or the rest of my faction that respects me very much will think of the reply that you gave to me.

CJ54
03-10-2013, 01:07 AM
well thank you for replying to my message, and sorry about the spamming, but if you knew that I have been trying to get your attention for 2 hours couldn't you have said that a little earlier?

Breaking my own rule here and off-topic, but some perspective: I can't answer everyone who is asking me something in forums or PMs. It is physically impossible for me to do that and do the other things I have to do here. If I answer problems directly in the forums too much (which I still do sometimes, because I genuinely care about you guys and it is hard for me to watch people be unhappy), particularly when people are calling me out directly for an answer, everyone starts thinking that is the way to a swift resolution to whatever is currently ailing them. And so I get hundreds of forum PMs* and people follow me around through threads making off-topic requests about whatever is currently bugging them the most (or with valid issues that are just waiting for an answer in the ticket queue). That's going to happen no matter what to some extent, but it is a feedback loop that gets worse if it is fed.

So that's why no answer. I will say that if you are getting that message, we WILL get back to you about it and it won't take forever.

*I do read all PMs, but not always in a timely manner due to the number I receive, and as I said I can't respond to all of them directly.

skullcleaner89
03-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Breaking my own rule here and off-topic, but some perspective: I can't answer everyone who is asking me something in forums or PMs. It is physically impossible for me to do that and do the other things I have to do here. If I answer problems directly in the forums too much (which I still do sometimes, because I genuinely care about you guys and it is hard for me to watch people be unhappy), particularly when people are calling me out directly for an answer, everyone starts thinking that is the way to a swift resolution to whatever is currently ailing them. And so I get hundreds of forum PMs* and people follow me around through threads making off-topic requests about whatever is currently bugging them the most (or with valid issues that are just waiting for an answer in the ticket queue). That's going to happen no matter what to some extent, but it is a feedback loop that gets worse if it is fed.

So that's why no answer. I will say that if you are getting that message, we WILL get back to you about it and it won't take forever.

*I do read all PMs, but not always in a timely manner due to the number I receive, and as I said I can't respond to all of them directly.

I understand your role as a developer from this website, and thank you for responding to me, I apologize for putting you on the spot, but I couldn't think of a better option. as you said, yes I am new to the forums, and I only made an account to try and get my problem fixed. I like the game, I just wish I could play it. have a good morning

goncalo
03-10-2013, 01:26 AM
Can you make a 40% gold sale for compensation?

DILL3NGER
03-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Can you make a 40% gold sale for compensation?now here is a person that Gree just loves!!!

Gree creates an insurmountable set of problems and you want to give them more money? Surely it's the other way round isn't it?

Vegaman
03-10-2013, 01:48 AM
If you knew this would need to happen, as you had obviously Rota'd staff on to do it.
Why didn't you plan!! this event for next weekend. Why didn't you post a notice beforehand.
We all make plans for these events. You guys seem to love winding your customers up big time.
Please think things through before doing them.

Mr t
03-10-2013, 01:57 AM
We allways poweratt shield at start of every round, that seriously went wrong the last rounds we needed up to 5 PA's to bring it down and we (Random Blue Dots) lost alot of precious bullets to get WDpoints and wins. Our whole strategy went down and lots of my teammates stopped playing because of my cussing at them being idiots. Sorry guys.

Gen CheeBye
03-10-2013, 03:09 AM
If you knew this would need to happen, as you had obviously Rota'd staff on to do it.
Why didn't you plan!! this event for next weekend. Why didn't you post a notice beforehand.
We all make plans for these events. You guys seem to love winding your customers up big time.
Please think things through before doing them.

Good point...and we paid for it big time.

CJ54
03-10-2013, 03:24 AM
Let's all chill on the flaming.

Mcdoc
03-10-2013, 04:27 AM
Seems like an easy way to have avoided this whole momentum killing issue would have been to bump Egypt back a week like all of us were begging the day the dates were announced. Makes Gree look silly when events are planned and then - - - Ooops - we didn't realize it was President's Day - - - - Ooops - we didn't realize it was DST time change. Somebody at Gree needs to look at a calendar.

Gen CheeBye
03-10-2013, 05:47 AM
CJ,

The server went back up earlier than scheduled...I applaud the effort however nothing's changed.

We started a war and guess what happened...forced closed after 4 to 5 attacks on rivals and while trying to post in the faction forum. Sounds familliar?

You shut down the server for a few hours and I was expecting at least the forced closed issues to be resolved or reduced but all that did not happen, what did we get in the end...more catching up to do against the other factions!!!!!

Arrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

P/S: Anyone who does not have an answer to technical issues, please do not even bother replying my post with more cynicism or flaming.