PDA

View Full Version : Faction Wars: The Bottom is Dropping Out

possum
03-09-2013, 06:42 AM
We use to be a top 1,000 faction and we were content with that. We had realistic expectations and aside from myself, we have few gold spenders, but we did try hard (without losing any sleep).

As soon as they put in that top 500 prize I knew we were going to be in trouble. Top 1,000 scores have inflated, beyond what we're capable of.

The point being is that we are now at a precipice; the top 4,000 score is a complete joke, yet the rift to the top 1,000 is growing. Factions are being being pared down and I get the sense that teams are dropping off in participation.

We can do nothing at all and get top 4,000 by just having other teams attack our defense leader or try hard for the same results. It's kind of disappointing and I'm about to turn my faction into a bonus conduit only. The sad thing is that we actually had fun, but there's really no point now.

Ajk
03-09-2013, 07:17 AM
I agree. I spent a lot of gold in brazil. Then they took away the top performing faction member prizes without notice. We made the top 1000. But after they denied giving those prizes I vowed to not buy anymore gold.

In Greenland we cracked the top 500, but they took that prize away also after advertising it for a month. That solidified my decision to not buy gold anymore. To be honest, for the amount of gold required the prizes are awful.

This war it looks like we are going to be outside the top 500 and I really don't care. This game has turned into nothing but a money pit for useless overpriced units. The money being thrown at this game is really quite laughable if you sit back and think about it.

possum
03-09-2013, 08:16 PM
The bottom has dropped off. Funzio's greed funnels things to such a finite level, that they enter a perpetual feedback loop where they squeeze and squeeze more, without realizing long-term consequences. I use to spend a crap load of gold until I realized how pointless it is. You all will eventually come to that realization as well, hopefully sooner than later.

Davey Crock
03-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Doesn't seem to be a sustainable model for Gree/the gold buyers, but who thinks about sustainable when making money hand over fist with the worst customer service model I've been privy to experience.

TrikoCoral
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Possum, I completely agree with you. My faction was the same, in the Battle for Brazil we fought hard and landed in the top 1000, it was fun, and it took a lot of effort to get there, but thats what made it fun.

Then in Greenland we tried for the top 1000 again, and pushed just as hard as we had in Brazil, but we were no where near landing in the top 1000, this time in Egypt we just played every now and then and managed a top 4000 place no problem. It is no longer worth the effort or gold, as the rewards are not worth what you have to do to obtain them.

Lt. Falcon
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
We can do nothing at all and get top 4,000 by just having other teams attack our defense leader or try hard for the same results. It's kind of disappointing and I'm about to turn my faction into a bonus conduit only. The sad thing is that we actually had fun, but there's really no point now.

I just started a faction which involved my nephew and girlfriend's little boy about 2 weeks ago and have purchased quite a few bonuses. In Egypt, we had no problem getting top 4000 by placing 2328. This was 3 players (1 was out of town and only particpated 1/2 of the time), if you had a full guild or even half and participated in the event during daytime hours, I can't fathom why you didn't place in top 4000.

qq1972
03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
I think it was due to the fact that after each battle, there were quiet few faction merges.
The more active players moved into the top 500 factions.
In Greenland, we had a 38 member faction and we made it to top 250 with about 690k points.
We merged after Greenland and now we are in a faction with 58 members and we scored close to 800k points in Egypt but we were far away from top 250, I believe we were at the middle of 300.
So the competition of top 250 or even the top 500 will get harder and harder after each battle, to a point that you have to spend gold to get to top 500.

Mr. Pink
03-12-2013, 02:16 PM
The top players in my old faction basically had to merge with another faction after Greenland to compete in these events. I think we'll continue to see more consolidation of strong players to top 500 factions over time.

Alo
03-13-2013, 05:40 AM
yeah, people from bottom are moving up and most factions die and fade away. We have a nice team and chat all the time about all things (we have real life SWAT member, war veterans etc all over the world). We have scored approx same amount of points in all 3 wars, but our places have been 300 -> 500 -> 700. So gold spenders move to upper factions, others get crap :P

Hassleham
03-13-2013, 05:47 AM
You could get top 500 with 20 reasonably active members without spending a penny.. You just need to organise better..

Alo
03-13-2013, 05:59 AM
You could get top 500 with 20 reasonably active members without spending a penny.. You just need to organise better..

yeah, we do 1 battle, then regen for hour, then next battle. But some new members sabotage sometimes and start wars when they want. Luckily they where booted the minute after war ended but still.... Also need some heavy hitters to be online to take shield down, so sometimes there can be longer gaps, especially when most hitters are in US and half members from EU :p also this times matchups where pretty bad sometimes we batteled teams that finished 500+ places above us and where very strong (meaning most members could only hit wall, cause all players where too strong).

Tournai
03-13-2013, 06:50 AM
I totally Agree, so thats why :http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48323-Are-you-in-the-Top-4000-and-belong-in-a-active-top-1000-faction-for-start-JOIN-TDF