PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Cash, round two

dudeman
03-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Self explanatory.

Players, Watch your cash on hand closely.

Gree, FIX IT. Having millions vanish for no reason is not acceptable.

(ticket #430068)

budman68
03-09-2013, 05:53 AM
I had a syndicate member say the same thing. I had a reset happen to me. I was harvesting my grenades and made over 1 million experience. when i notice my timer had been reset and I was back under 1 million experience. GLITCHY Game right now. But no money loss for me YIPPEE for once

SoccerStud
03-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Same here... I collected my buildings and had about 10 million on hand, it dropped about 500k. I thought someone was attacking me so I can exit out of the app and came back in. No attacks, but my money was back and then I watched it drop again. So I quickly withdrew some money and made a 10 million donation to the faction before it dropped again.

Daswi
03-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Cash randomly dropping and returning over last 12 hours or so.

dudeman
03-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Nothing returning here except me back to my bed. Not how I wanted to wake up on Saturday morning.

TRAZ
03-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Haven't seen that problem yet, but this data set is beyond loaded with problems.

WinkadInk
03-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Yeah my bank deposit fee went up to 26.5%, geussing Gree is charging protection money now, would only make logical sense. Deposited 3 million only to have 800k taken out. Also not all the money is depositing, leaving under $10 every time making it impossible to bank unless I take out more which in turn charges another 26.5%

According to my calculations I've got probably 400 million in stolen money since the protection money started in the game...that's 2 lvl 3 nightclub upgrades or a upgrade in the syndicate...talk about feeling cheated

CodeX777
03-09-2013, 07:18 AM
got 36k out of nowhere i checked if someone was attacking me..nope, I checked the bank...untouched...but 36k out of nowhere sounds good

erik
03-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Ask CM players if they got it by accident, because they definitely do not cash glitch..

cooch
03-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Thought it was just me, yep, cash gone never deposited in bank and not in Cash. Lot of glitches in last few days.

cwracing
03-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Haven't noticed cash missing yet but did notice my news is wiped clean.

corbaman
03-09-2013, 03:20 PM
I saw that last night also. Presumably when maintenance started the server shutdown, so the client went out of sync showing zero cash.

Bottomless: don't worry about it. Money will be back when servers come back up.

k0de
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Also not all the money is depositing, leaving under $10 every time making it impossible to bank unless I take out more which in turn charges another 26.5%

Oh no! So you either withdraw another five or six bucks or whatever, and bank ten and lose three, or else end up losing the four dollars to an attacker! :p

Sunsets
03-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Well I had $30M disappear on me pretty recently too. For a different reason though:

I let my friend borrow my phone for a little while ... But what I didn't know was that they dumped $30,000,000 into the Solo Syndicate I had started, and then disbanded it. Now I'm $30,000,000 down for my second Nightclub. Even if I did send in a ticket I doubt Gree would actually do anything about it

slitzer
03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Lost around half of my money plus 15 gold due to the timer reset that's what gree said and it was me that reset it

NV555
03-09-2013, 05:11 PM
It went into the re elect Obama to his 3rd term campaign fund lol.

lordsagacity
03-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I remember collecting all 8-hour buildings but later found some are uncollected, which also happened to my 3-hour buildings. Very strange.

WinkadInk
03-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Oh no! So you either withdraw another five or six bucks or whatever, and bank ten and lose three, or else end up losing the four dollars to an attacker! :p

Meh...Gree has taken enough for the Obama 3rd term fund...I let the attacker get the $3-4 haha

I remember collecting all 8-hour buildings but later found some are uncollected, which also happened to my 3-hour buildings. Very strange.

And I just had this happen to me too :/

dudeman
03-09-2013, 11:36 PM
So disappearing cash to start the day, and unable to log on for collections to end the day.

All right, I will make a conscious effort to stay cool.

What's the compensation going to be this time, Gree? I'm not mad, just curious.

It would be super cool to have some free skill points this time. 50 would be cool. More if you guys ar feeling generous. ;):cool:

CJ54
03-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Sorry for not catching this thread earlier, thought it was mostly confined to tickets. Amazon's mega-server bank on the east coast had some kind of major issue last night and this morning that caused us all sorts of trouble (specifically this sort of trouble).

EDIT: At least it didn't get hit by lightning this time.

dudeman
03-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Hey CJ! Very cool of you to keep us informed. :)

So it sounds like this was an unpreventable, hopefully non-recurring incident. That is good news.

Will the players affected by this issue have their losses returned? Even if recovery of actual losses is all you guys can do, it's much better than nothing at all. Hey, even having CJ reply to this thread is pretty good. :cool:

nytelock
03-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Same here bud. Funny thing is, i collected all my buildings and found out i only had 7k more or less on hand... no joke, my iph is around 360k. :/

CJ54
03-10-2013, 01:55 AM
Hey CJ! Very cool of you to keep us informed. :)

So it sounds like this was an unpreventable, hopefully non-recurring incident. That is good news.

Will the players affected by this issue have their losses returned? Even if recovery of actual losses is all you guys can do, it's much better than nothing at all. Hey, even having CJ reply to this thread is pretty good. :cool:

Yep, not something we could have seen coming or headed off at the pass. The server guys on our end did what they could to keep it minimal.

People will have to send in a support ticket with the details (most everyone has already). We may arrange some kind of package compensation (we'll need to look at the ticket spread/content first). Otherwise we will wrangle it out one-on-one in the tickets.

Roach2010
03-10-2013, 03:15 AM
How do I know if I was affected?

CJ54
03-10-2013, 03:32 AM
We got a couple of reports about this post-maintenance. If anyone is still seeing this weirdness, please let us know.

OttomanEmpire
03-10-2013, 04:19 AM
You collect money from buildings and it disappears before you bank. You close the app and open again. You collect the same money from buildings again and it doesn't disappear this time :)

CJ54
03-10-2013, 05:07 AM
You collect money from buildings and it disappears before you bank. You close the app and open again. You collect the same money from buildings again and it doesn't disappear this time :)

Just to check, can you try setting your device to Pacific time and see if that fixes the issue (you can set it back later)? We think this is a DST issue that slipped past the net (since it happened last year). Mostly it has been affecting beta players so far, but some other people as well.

Swearengen
03-10-2013, 06:39 AM
My wife's account did exactly that. she collected over 10mil from building, then it disappeared in front of her. She closed out, reopened, the building were ready to collect again...

happened around 5-6am this morning...

budman68
03-10-2013, 07:21 AM
I tried banking my money and it would not bank. i am East Coast if it matters. i logged out tried again and it finally went through.
Hijack thread note. I use the timer on my ipad and at times when it goes off and I am collecting money or doing a task my game locks up. Only thing i can do is power off the ipad and then the servers finally let me back in. Which is a pain because it throws my building collection times out of sync. Happen to other folks?

OttomanEmpire
03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Just to check, can you try setting your device to Pacific time and see if that fixes the issue (you can set it back later)? We think this is a DST issue that slipped past the net (since it happened last year). Mostly it has been affecting beta players so far, but some other people as well.
I prefer not to change since I'm at GMT +1 time zone. And it seems normal now

lordsagacity
03-10-2013, 10:02 AM
It happens to my 12-hour buildings again, just after the maintenance. Now I have one Movie Theater out of sync.

mwharton56
03-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I had over 200k in my account this morning after collecting from buildings. When I went out of the main screen I noticed that it went down to 150k. Anyway to get this fixed? I'm a newbie and the money... Help!

KemoKidd
03-10-2013, 01:20 PM
CJ, any word on why some of us can't get into our sydicate tab? I have two android accounts and it works on one but not the other. Not trying to change the subject of this thread but there have been quite a bit going wrong with this game recently. I also have the problem where a couple of dollars will be unbanked (again, only on one of my accounts). I dont really care because I have 0% bank fees but for some reason it still annoys me!

cooch
03-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Nope not a beta and still wonky. Collected from bldgs and instead of say 85K got 4 K! Shutdown and restart app then the total was correct. Couldn't bank the 4 k either. Stuff like that is still going on.

vitus79
03-10-2013, 02:36 PM
on all games yes, all collections screwed. collected 92 mill in cc only 20 registered. ka whole collection went away while trying to put into vault.. and nothing should have be ready to collect by that time

dudeman
03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
We got a couple of reports about this post-maintenance. If anyone is still seeing this weirdness, please let us know.

I'm still seeing weirdness, although so far it hasn't been weirdness with disappearing cash again.

My stamina is full and everyone on my rivals list is too beat up. Refresh after refresh, just going down the list, everyone in CC is "too beat up". Even if I visit their hood and they are showing the gun icon, still too beat up. I can visit hoods and check out the syndicate pages without issue, so I'm not assuming connection issues because I can't visit hoods, check syndicate info, or even refresh the rivals list if my connection gets dropped.

It's difficult to say exactly how long this has been happening, but I am definitely missing out on a lot of RP by not being able to beat up some rivals.

The robbery glitch is still occurring, so I'm not wasting my time/stamina on robs until that issue is also fixed.

alex5953
03-10-2013, 04:15 PM
It happens to my 12-hour buildings again, just after the maintenance. Now I have one Movie Theater out of sync.
I can confirm al the glitches are stil in the game ,this was before the maintenance and after the maintenance from today the same glitches are on.Nothing changed at all!Losing robberies against 1/2 statts is also quite annoying (not fixed in 3 weeks), 0 $ in syndicate donate screen came up today at least for me .
I am not an expert in these matters but you have to do better and fix it asap ,the fun of playing the game is gone at the moment.

kimberleyj
03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
i have had problems for at least 6 days now, nearly every time i play the game i get cannot connect. i got a reply from support on sat saying "Thank you for the report. Due to technical issues, the game was down for a short period of time but should be back to normal. We apologize for the inconvenience". i hope they are gonna do somethink about it.

TRAZ
03-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Yep, over 36 mil just disappeared from my cash on hand as soon as I collected from buildings....sending in a ticket

Boobie
03-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I have had issues as well. Had millions disappear after I collected, then when I tried closing and going back in the game I couldn't get it to reload. I finally deleted and reinstalled the game, and was able to get in, but the money wasn't there and the buildings weren't ready to collect. And the game still seems to be buggy. When I try to fight a rival, I get the "player is too beat up" notice, but if I try to fight them again it works. It seems like I have to do things twice to get it to work.
How do I send in an email to notify of these issues I'm having?

cooch
03-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I have had issues as well. Had millions disappear after I collected, then when I tried closing and going back in the game I couldn't get it to reload. I finally deleted and reinstalled the game, and was able to get in, but the money wasn't there and the buildings weren't ready to collect. And the game still seems to be buggy. When I try to fight a rival, I get the "player is too beat up" notice, but if I try to fight them again it works. It seems like I have to do things twice to get it to work.
How do I send in an email to notify of these issues I'm having?

Pulling our leg? If not get into your app, pull up menu, click "MORE", Click the "?" and then "Contact Support" Type away!

dudeman
03-11-2013, 02:16 AM
I just took a chance with robbing someone. Luckily I didn't just get $1 or a loss, but something else "not-right" did occur.

I got zero RP for the robbery. I know, that's a REALLY old bug that will probably be ignored forever. That's not the problem. The problem is, I have a Discreet Getaway vehicle with "+5 Respect from Robberies" modifier.

0 RP from a robbery = broken modifier.

Gree, you guys are making it very difficult to stay cool about this crap. The game is clearly broken as hell at the moment.

marshmall
03-11-2013, 04:03 AM
And here im gonna buy a tank for 27,5m but what do i get..... Got a big nothing no tank but lost the cash too.

So i bet this thing gonna effect buying items too, well ticket sent in...

AZZ.
03-11-2013, 05:24 AM
@dudeman. I have the same problem. I have the urban ops carbine gun with a +5 RP modifier. I noticed once out of 50 robs no RPs are awarded. Other than that no problems.

PawnXIIX
03-11-2013, 06:36 AM
I got zero RP for the robbery. I know, that's a REALLY old bug that will probably be ignored forever. That's not the problem. The problem is, I have a Discreet Getaway vehicle with "+5 Respect from Robberies" modifier.

0 RP from a robbery = broken modifier.

Well that actually should help them solve that issue. I know what you're talking about. I always assumed it just decided to give me 0 RP for the robbery. If you're getting 0 RP from that robbery with the +5 modifier then there was obviously an issue with it assigning a respect amount for that building. At somebody the game tried to grab the resepct amount for the robbery and the server responded with no value for the respect - so it was forced to give you nothing :/

That's my theory at least.

So anyways I have all my 12s synced so I collected all of them and got 60% of it. 5 minutes later then the other 400k completed again and I collected it all. Also with that 585k in my inventory, I collected my haunted mansion and hit the box open only to be served with a message that "I need more cash" and my inventory showed about 1,032 (laundromat income). Upon restarting the game it was back, but this is getting obsurde. I hope it's not just me who is having constant connection issues with the servers either, randomly getting thrown "player is too beat up" messages even though I can keep attacking them. It usually takes me 2 - 3 tries to start the game up because even though I'm on 3G I "Need an internet connection to play the game".

lordsagacity
03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Now my hood is in a mess. Many buildings out of sync...

snivley
03-11-2013, 10:41 AM
My hood is out of synch, getting player is too beat up but after trying again and again it will finally work. Cash deposited dissapears and then reappear after restart of the game and the game has increasingly been very laggy for me as well. Restart doesnt even seem to help. Im on home 5G wireless and on iphone5. Never had this issue till lately. Something is definitly up.

dudeman
03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
@Pawn (and @Gree!), I do get the weirdness that makes it look like I have connection issues too. I have full wifi signal and nothing else on my device runs like a senile diaper-wearing retiree.

It wouldn't be THAT bad if it was just once in a while while attacking, robbing, visiting hoods, refreshing the rivals list, viewing syndicate pages, or banking cash, but I am convinced that this issue is also occurring when I attempt to open an event box. This results in an automatic BLNT and a one hour wait before I can try again.

I have never had so much difficulty reaching 7 event items before. I mean, seriously, I cannot even get to SEVEN after several days of playing the event?! I used to hit 8 or 9 in the first two days!

There also appears to be a much huger than normal amount of hackers present. Almost like people are getting any item they want to drop from any job they want. Including event items.

cooch
03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Well that actually should help them solve that issue. I know what you're talking about. I always assumed it just decided to give me 0 RP for the robbery. If you're getting 0 RP from that robbery with the +5 modifier then there was obviously an issue with it assigning a respect amount for that building. At somebody the game tried to grab the resepct amount for the robbery and the server responded with no value for the respect - so it was forced to give you nothing :/

That's my theory at least.

So anyways I have all my 12s synced so I collected all of them and got 60% of it. 5 minutes later then the other 400k completed again and I collected it all. Also with that 585k in my inventory, I collected my haunted mansion and hit the box open only to be served with a message that "I need more cash" and my inventory showed about 1,032 (laundromat income). Upon restarting the game it was back, but this is getting obsurde. I hope it's not just me who is having constant connection issues with the servers either, randomly getting thrown "player is too beat up" messages even though I can keep attacking them. It usually takes me 2 - 3 tries to start the game up because even though I'm on 3G I "Need an internet connection to play the game".

The same things are happening to me except connection issues. Those connection error msgs occurred Friday and have not since. I'm wondering if our bldg collection issues are lending themselves to observations about folks robbing getting nothing as well. If I collect phantom collections then someone robbing me are getting phantom robs. When I shut down and restart then collect the 'real' collections and are robbed then they get real money. So it's affecting folks in PVE.

The issues started, if you remember, when folks were complaining about robberies not working...where you and I commented a Gree anti robbery feature/coding issue. Then by Thurs connection issues, PVPs that said other side too weak to fight but keep attacking and it works...etc ad nauseum.

Haven't heard on IT feeds about Amazon server being knocked out either. Whatever the problem is it's major league at Gree and servers.

If they take system down to repair wonder if folks will be outraged, go into w/draws, or find life outside of Gree leading to leaving or decreasing game play? Or maybe all three reactions. I hope they know what's going on. The ticket volume just pushed back responses by another week or two so we're into a 3 or 4 week backlog.

Wouldn't be spending gold either as I've lost gold on phantom guaranteed open like others. What a mess!

budman68
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
I have the same issues as all of you. Collect my buildings go to bank and the money wipes out. So I log back in a few times and there sits my buildings not collected from a few minutes ago. So now I am out of sync again. GREE can you get it together please or park my "sorry for the frustration" day runner in my driveway C'mon now!!

jaywalker
03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
My NC just got robbed 1h after I collected it 3 times :)

doug19
03-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Collecting 3 times does get a little tedious, please get it sorted!

PawnXIIX
03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
@Pawn (and @Gree!), I do get the weirdness that makes it look like I have connection issues too. I have full wifi signal and nothing else on my device runs like a senile diaper-wearing retiree.

I'm sitting a foot and a half from my router also. I had to give up on only wifi, and now I have to run 3G along with the router signal as a failsafe. Yesterday I made a syndicate forum post that never made it to the forum.

And hackers a plenty just like you say, I'm finding them just about everywhere. Fortunately none of them are in the robbing spirit or the attacking spirit. They just tease everybody with their buildings.

MR_M
03-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Rapidly growing tired of this cr@p..... I just don't have the hours to waste scrolling through rival lists and constantly refreshing the list just to find someone in my attack range. Finally you get a sweet hood with heaps of uncollected buildings only to get the "can't rob...already looted" message, same with trying to attack them.

This is within 5-30 secs of refreshing the bloody rival list too! Really giving me the $hits of late this game.

It's already been several days of trying to cash-in on my big buildings, money disappears, then by the time I go back into the game again I've been robbed....

C'mon GREE - release a patch to fix all these issues SOON!

Indian bong
03-12-2013, 10:55 AM

Same story bro . . Night club got robbed like for third time in a week even after collecting it on time . .

Steve0
03-12-2013, 11:38 AM
This is getting out of hand and getting worse. People to beat up but next hit goes through. Having to collect 3 times for the same amount of cash and having to restart game to check if its really collected. The developers really need to look into this.

dudeman
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Check your teammates, Steve. Some of your cash is perhaps going directly to them I think!

Lots of tanks with not lots of income in some fwd inventories...

Zombieman
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I've had similar issues with the vanishing $, lost syndicate posts and needing to collect buildings numerous times. But my question is about my wifi connection. I use my wifi at work and have no problems but at my house, I need to use 3G or I can't load rivals lists and/or lose connection with the server. All my other apps seem to be running about the same. Any thoughts on if this may be related to this series of glitches or if I actually have some hardware issues?

On another note, I just won 20 attacks against a rival and took $570k from him (I lost 1 fight and 30k). Wierd.

dudeman
03-13-2013, 12:33 PM
So I sent a ticket about this four days ago.... And it STILL has not been assigned to a support agent.

I hope that means they're working on a solution to prevent these issues from continuing before returning losses and awarding compensations.

Buda can
03-13-2013, 12:45 PM
... before returning losses and awarding compensations.

LOL, ;)Best joke I've heard in a looooooong time. You can only wish.

PastaSux
03-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Hahaha..... That's so funny bro

dudeman
03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Hey jerk wads, how about you fix some of the ass-load of glitches still happening before shoving a huge event up our asses for five days?!

F.F.S!

Buda can
03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Hey jerk wads, how about you fix some of the ass-load of glitches still happening before shoving a huge event up our asses for five days?!

F.F.S!

Couldn't agree anymore strongly with this.... what a bloody mess.... again.

PawnXIIX
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM
I pray that this new update fixes the rob glitch... ._.

Buda can
03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
I pray that this new update fixes the rob glitch... ._.

Nope, it does not.

PawnXIIX
03-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Nope, it does not.

Have you fallen victim to the glitch yet? I'm still looking for an instance of it.

Buda can
03-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Have you fallen victim to the glitch yet? I'm still looking for an instance of it.

Yes, after I updated to 3.5, second or third hood in for a rob, hit it again, yes I know, I should have taken a pic...

dudeman
03-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Sweet I got a reply to my ticket!

Unfortunately, the brilliant minds at Gree have managed to do a big time screw up in their attempt to fix the problem. They've actually made the problem severely worse than it already was.

PUT DOWN THE BONGS AND GET BACK TO WORK!!! :mad:

derchef
03-14-2013, 05:58 PM
yes still IN , just 25 seconds ago........

PastaSux
03-14-2013, 06:27 PM
yes still IN , just 25 seconds ago........

http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.12061929.3554/fig,forest,mens,ffffff.jpg