PDA

View Full Version : Game down for maintenace?

Rastlin
03-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I try to log in, and it says game down to maintenance. I have never seen this before. Anyone else?

furq
03-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Yes same problem also all money money has disappeared after I collected it

Cru Jones
03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Same here. Can't log in.

Silent follower
03-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Same here, I still could collect my money and when I tried a few times my money went to the vault. This is bad as it is in the middle of the LTQ!

furq
03-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I just went back in to the game my money just appeared tried to put it in bank, my bank balance went up, then back down again, has this happened before

Muddy
03-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Don't donate. I lost 49k, happy it wasn't more.

Proprioc3ption
03-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Yep, confirmed.
Lets hope all the bugs are exterminated after this. ;)

Silent follower
03-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Now it started to work again. I can continue to play normally.

Ms Pickles
03-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Just relax, it will be fixed soon. Games often need maintenance to run smooth and enjoyable for everyone. Probably making the changes for players to alter their game name without sending support request to the Gree people.

furq
03-08-2013, 09:50 PM
This is not good , i needed green beer, now I need a real beer. Hope it's fixed by the time I finish work

Rastlin
03-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Just relax, it will be fixed soon. Games often need maintenance to run smooth and enjoyable for everyone. Probably making the changes for players to alter their game name without sending support request to the Gree people.
It is the first time it is happened in over a year, maybe ever. That is why people are asking questions.

BADMARKX
03-08-2013, 10:18 PM
MW crashed during event battle. Everyone locked up for the last hour.

uashsar
03-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Funnily I've been able to use one of my accounts but not the other. Different servers?

Cru Jones
03-08-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm back in!

domw001
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Funnily I've been able to use one of my accounts but not the other. Different servers?

Me to iPad can, iPhone can't.

iPad has lost news, cleared out waiting ally requests, my guild members are not listing, the car's got a flat tyre and the cat's got fleas again. ( although I suspect the last two aren't GREE's fault. But you never know)

Silent follower
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
After posting it was working, I had twice the error message again, but just restarting the game and I could continue. That made me think could it be somekind of network/server problem in their end? That would explain that it works for some time and then it stops for a short while. I doesn't feel like a scheduled maintenance break, and why would they do one when the LTQ is running. Especially if MW too has this problem

domw001
03-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Me to iPad can, iPhone can't.

iPad has lost news, cleared out waiting ally requests, my guild members are not listing, the car's got a flat tyre and the cat's got fleas again. ( although I suspect the last two aren't GREE's fault. But you never know)

All OK now. Even the cat's looking happier.
Car still unmovable though.

Noobi3
03-09-2013, 05:32 AM
I still can't access the game. I reboot my device. Delete and reinstalled but it keeps on saying "please restart the game" during start up. Is there also others experiencing this problem?

Kore
03-09-2013, 01:46 PM
it keeps telling me that I must have access to the net to play the game. Problem is I HAVE access and other games that need connectons do work, included MQ (that's GREE too).
annoying

kruppe
03-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Game is down now for three hours

Me&You
03-09-2013, 11:07 PM
See CJ54's sticky post.
Daylight Savings Time...
Turtle anyone?

Proprioc3ption
03-09-2013, 11:27 PM
GREE, I will by 50 mountains of gems if you fix all the bugs while the game is down for maintenance.

DIrishB
03-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Just hope they plan on adding back the 5 or 6 hours they're doing maintenance to the LTQ event.

bobfishcake
03-09-2013, 11:33 PM
I remember the last daylight savings change and the whole game went crazy. The box countdown timer disappeared and you could just open all your boxes. There was also an issue with energy where it just reappeared after you hit a monster.

Silent follower
03-10-2013, 12:02 AM
For me the extending the game with the downtime doesn't really help, as today is Sunday, when I have time to play, while when it ends I am at work, and adding the missing hours won't matter as I am still at work... I'll miss four box openings :(

CJ54
03-10-2013, 12:03 AM
GREE, I will by 50 mountains of gems if you fix all the bugs while the game is down for maintenance.

Annnd noted.

BadNews
03-10-2013, 12:32 AM
they don't down for bug fixes, just down to wait the amazon server update the new time, lol

DW.Trinity
03-10-2013, 12:39 AM
I try to log in, and it says game down to maintenance. I have never seen this before. Anyone else?Yes, it happened for a short while about a one and one-half days ago. I also received another unexpected surprise: one of my gold mines is missing! At least I got my ticket written just before it went down. The message on my screen indicates that it is down for maintenance and will be brought back online shortly after 0300 PST.

Dirt road Joe
03-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Annnd noted.

Probably the best thing i have seen on this thread so far. Sounds like you better have 5 grand sitting around to pay up!:cool:

Totalwar
03-10-2013, 01:14 AM
A bit more info why serves are down.

CJ54

Straight answer is that we had to take the servers down now because our servers are based on Pacific Time, which responds to daylight savings. That was a very early mistake that we made when we set up the whole infrastructure for this game. It is very difficult to fix at this point. Every time that daylight savings rolls around in the US, this causes a bunch of major issues. It could have caused major issues for this event that would have potentially dwarfed the frustrations about the enforced maintenance. As it is, we may still have some blips. This decision was not made lightly by any stretch.

So that said, no, we didn't pick the time on this one, the time was picked for us. Our players and customers in Asia are just as important as our players elsewhere (if they weren't important, we wouldn't have the full server team up right now in the middle of the night working on this).

JoKeRjr
03-10-2013, 01:48 AM
This doesn't just affect Asians. Some Americans with insomnia may find it comforting to collect some gold in the middle of the night, or try to open a Celtic box. That being said, I apologize to my fellow players in Asia for daylight saving time and the trouble it causes. IMHO, the switch to DST is not one of the USA's finest exports.

Proprioc3ption
03-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Annnd noted.
CJ, I didn't expect a response lol...thank you though...I am aware that they are two separate issues but it wld be a good idea while the servers are down to fix stuff that your customers have noted. Hint hint! Thanks mate!:cool:

Probably the best thing i have seen on this thread so far. Sounds like you better have 5 grand sitting around to pay up!:cool:

The 5 grand is ready to go but I know the bugs and all the issues players have expressed won't be fixed. Seems not many picked up on my hint of sarcasm :cool:

Totalwar
03-10-2013, 03:24 AM
Game back up for me.

JoKeRjr
03-10-2013, 03:25 AM
Hammer, Sarcasm or not, it looks like your money is safe. As soon as the game came back on, I opened a Restless Spirit. It did not appear in my inventory, even after restarting the game.

Proprioc3ption
03-10-2013, 03:29 AM
Yep...I found a new bug.
NO ONE COLLECT GOLD!

I just did and all the money I collected rolled back and the buildings reset. VERY BAD! Not good...CJ WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW!

Proprioc3ption
03-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Going back into the game now to see if its fixed. Missing units and gold now! Ouch

Zesder
03-10-2013, 03:44 AM
I got the restless spirit when I opened the box too.
Pity it still doesn't show up in my inventory. That's my 3rd.

Atlas1234
03-10-2013, 03:56 AM
Yep...I found a new bug.
NO ONE COLLECT GOLD!

I just did and all the money I collected rolled back and the buildings reset. VERY BAD! Not good...CJ WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW!

Same problem here...

Lord VIX
03-10-2013, 04:00 AM
gold from buildings is not missing, if you restart the game the buildings in question should be ready for collection again
you just have to collect with a 1 hour delay I think.

Proprioc3ption
03-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Lord Vix I've logged in and out 8 times same thing...
Ahhh, 9th time lucky! Seems to be fixed, but I lost 30k when it did it with the others buildings. All see s to be working now. (I'm sure I owe that to you CJ :cool: )

Lord VIX
03-10-2013, 04:14 AM
the problem can last around one day (dependng on collection time for each building)
It really is IMO a problem due to the fact that displayed remaining time are one hour shorter than in reality. So if your manor says 17 hours left, it is 18 hours in fact. In that laps of time, you can log out/in an infinity of times, it won't change anything and you will be allowed to collect and keep the gold only when the 18 hours ahve ellapsed.
Once it is solved for one building, it does not solve for the other buildings that have still to be collected. All buildings collected since the game is back up running are OK still (let's say cottages and merchant caravans). The longer ones, well, expect the problem to repeat itself in the day (except if all your buildings are cleared already, ie if all your manors/gold mines/lenders etc are synchronized and were to be collected this morning)

Lord Vix I've logged in and out 8 times same thing...
Ahhh, 9th time lucky! Seems to be fixed, but I lost 30k when it did it with the others buildings. All see s to be working now. (I'm sure I owe that to you CJ :cool: )

rsd007
03-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Same issue here, can we collect our gold gree?

l3lade2
03-10-2013, 04:45 AM
gold from buildings is not missing, if you restart the game the buildings in question should be ready for collection again
you just have to collect with a 1 hour delay I think.

But can they be raided during that 1 hour window? ;)

Plus it's not all buildings doing it, I would have thought if it was a 1 hour delay between server clock and game clock (or something equivalent of) then all buildings would be affected?

Lord VIX
03-10-2013, 05:08 AM
It is all building, but collection time cannot be negative, so you hardly notice it for the 3 hours and less buildings

groovdog
03-10-2013, 05:39 AM
It is all building, but collection time cannot be negative, so you hardly notice it for the 3 hours and less buildingsThanks for this btw. Gree you can throw my ticket away....

P4TR1C14N
03-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Have the Same issue... Incredible developers make this error over and over again.