PDA

View Full Version : Match Up System

SuperSonic Chimp
03-08-2013, 03:16 PM
At some point, I would like to know how the match up system works. We have been pair with teams MUCH MUCH stronger than ours for the last three battles and we havent gotten very many points at all, meanwhile we are being CRUSHED! Not to mention we have been paired with the same teams twice. Both teams have 3xs the amount of points we have. Not exactly complaining, just would like to know how this works so I can plan on not battling.

Beharry
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I second this. This wasn't a trouble to us in the last two events. It's probably a fault in that we increased our slots so much that we can't really fight with stronger factions with many members like us (38 members). But seriously, half our faction don't have much options in who they hit. It's disheartening because we believed we had a great chance at a Top 250 finish with the additional members.

mxz
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM
From what I understand you're paired with someone with a similar Total ATK if it's available. Outside a trigger threshold it starts looking at total WD points as time goes on.

So if you get matched quickly you're likely up against a faction with similar A/D stats, if it takes a long time you're weighted more heavily towards similar WD points. It's just a theory, but I'd think if you're an organized faction overpunching your weight you'll be up against factions much stronger than you if you have to wait a longer time.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-08-2013, 04:16 PM
I was thinking it was set-up by number of members. We're not close to touching these players. The group we have now, their lowest defense player is 26k...and we've hit everyone on the list to find him. All over 500 allies where most of us have around 200.
I can't figure it out for the life of me and I have more than half my faction sitting out until the next round, or hitting the wall. It's just frustrating.

Topcat142
03-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Mate, our faction is exactly the same. We had a #113 finish and around #200 finish and our group
Has barely changed. Now we have been grouped 3 times with players that are untouchable by most of
us. Stats of 190k def with lowest being 60k
Not sure if it's been a change in the matching system or just terribly bad luck.

Jhenry02
03-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Chimp some of us feel that way too. Our factions faced off and we won.

But when we face off against bravo or VFF alpha, the buckwheat connection, the pirates, ferr and them it goes the same way. Except we are the ones on the tail end of a buttwhoopin.

There's always someone out there who can hurt you, unless you're in the big 3.

-J

I am a cow
03-08-2013, 08:16 PM

But when we face off against bravo or VFF alpha, the buckwheat connection, the pirates, ferr and them it goes the same way. Except we are the ones on the tail end of a buttwhoopin.

There's always someone out there who can hurt you, unless you're in the big 3.

-J

Very true except 1 thing a buttwhoopin is sometimes a good thing... why because it shows you how many point you need from 1 battle to be in the top ____

kyljoy
03-08-2013, 08:22 PM
We are a middlin faction, hoping for 250, maybe will hold on to 500. We have over half our members with stats below 20k. Our DL has 68k. We are currently losing 24k - 989 to Russian Black Ops. They have at least 2 members above 100k. We hit 15 of their players before quitting and only one was below 40k, and that one had 29k. This isn't even close to fair. We lost an hour that might be the difference between 500 and 1000. Unless we all buy gold, we won't even sniff 250.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-08-2013, 08:29 PM

There's always someone out there who can hurt you, unless you're in the big 3.-J

yup, totally understand this position. But this was written before we fought VFF. The first three matches of the day were against super powerful teams, and there is even a post about one of the teams already today. They were WAY stronger than us to just start out with. Like I said, not complaining, not even upset, we don't belong in the top 50, but here we are and we're going to make the best of it! lol But I do NOT want to be in this bracket! lol

4Nik8R
03-08-2013, 08:55 PM
I really can't see being matched up by a/d nor members. We are balanced with hi and low stats just cause we understood we'd be paired with equal factions. We just finished a battle and we got our @$$e$ handed to us 35k to 5k. Nobody was below 28k on other team. They even had more members than us so that theory doesn't work either...???

Jhenry02
03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
We have members from 13k-300k

BADMARKX
03-08-2013, 09:53 PM
EAGLE HOUSE #68 in BvB so far we've seen as high as #43 and as low as #345

SuperSonic Chimp
03-08-2013, 09:57 PM
EAGLE HOUSE #68 in BvB so far we've seen as high as #43 and as low as #345

Really? Please don't hijack threads to promote or recruit for your faction.

-thanks

njemt242
03-08-2013, 10:53 PM
So in Greenland we finished 2546. After this server issue we just got paired with a top 200 team. How can we win?

boco78
03-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Our faction has also raised some questions about this pairing system. In Greenland we were 266th and the last three battles we had were with factions that were 10th to 25th in Greenland. There is no need to tell you that we got crushed...ans some of my players sent Gree a ticket adressing this absurd pairing system and asking for a refund.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-09-2013, 05:33 AM
So in Greenland we finished 2546. After this server issue we just got paired with a top 200 team. How can we win?

This seems to have happened quite a bit last night after the issue. We were paired with a team who had no business being paired with us as we were MUCH stronger. We took a little bit of advantage of it, but not 200k points type...we knew how that felt. But since that battle, back to being over powered and we have only managed 30k points in 5 hours!

Waverunr
03-09-2013, 06:09 AM
I see others are complaining about this too. We are getting slammed. I bought 1500 gold for this game and I am not even playing. I have got 100 - 200 points when we win battle frequently. Not using my gold, not playing and I want a refund for what I purchased. How did the top team get over 1.5m points their first game? I am so mad that I waisted so much time and money getting ready for this war and it is horrible playing. Our first two games we stopped playing. Owe got a level 10 wall, we had 4, they got over100k points and we got 3000. I stopped playing a few games into the war.

Waverunr
03-09-2013, 06:29 AM
I see others are complaining about this too. We are getting slammed. I bought 1500 gold for this game and I am not even playing. I have got 100 - 200 points when we win battle frequently. Nd Not using my gold, not playing and I want a refund for what I purchased. How did the top team get over 1.5m points their first am done game? I am so mad that I waisted so much time and money getting ready for this war and it is horrible playing. Our first two games we stopped playing. Owe got a level 10 wall, we had 4, they got over100k points and we got 3000. I stopped playing a few games into the war.

I spent over $100 for this war. I want my money back or I am done.

Alo
03-12-2013, 08:16 AM
yeah, have same problems. Several times bigger/stronger teams than us. Sometimes after we get the shield down, there are only couple of our members who can hit them, while 2/3 of our members arent any so strong to hit theirs. So they waste all the health on walls, nothing else to do with that :( I thought last wars couple of battles where unfair...but this....this beats all of them in unfairity.

mistergreen
03-12-2013, 08:30 AM
It definitely isn't number of members because my 36-member faction faced 50-member factions more than once.

Alo
03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
It definitely isn't number of members because my 36-member faction faced 50-member factions more than once.

well we finished ~700, although we made approx same point count as in first two wars. But we where getting paired up with teams in top 250 etc for several times. Matchup system has taken turn for worse.

Wave
03-12-2013, 08:58 AM
If everything is random how do you play or prepare. I could see a team getting placed in the correct bracket but if a team gets slammed 100k+ to 3k you should give them an easier team to see how the place. Our first teams 3 to 4 we could not beat any players. We just stopped playing. We went from 130 ish last war to close to 500. We beat many teams in the top 250 this time during the war. If you are beating top 250 teams shouldn't you move up? It'ts frustrating to prepare for something and not have any of that count. Are they rigging the game to force you to use gold? If you have to buy the win its not a game is it? There was no reason to use gold other than to stay above top 500. I spent my gold on a few units. I was not going to use it on the game or loose it to unintended purchases. Next time I will buy little bits of gold and se how it goes.

Oh yea, I spent gold on crates and got nothing but blocks. Really, I am going to do that again. When people smarten up the game will get better.

mistergreen
03-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I spent over $100 for this war. I want my money back or I am done.

Is that a threat? Gree laughs at you.

STinger702
03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
My faction with 38 members was matched up against Mr Lee.... Just one guy, he crushed us. Lol

BADMARKX
03-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Really? Please don't hijack threads to promote or recruit for your faction.

-thanks
Sorry SuperSonic Chimp, that post was not meant to jack a thread. I was only trying to show the range of factions we matched up against. I have my own recruitment thread in the right spot.

Dilligaf13
03-20-2013, 11:15 AM
i could be wrong but i was under the impression factions are paired with other factions based on their total strength. For example, a faction with 3 members that have 100k a/d each (300 k faction total) could be paired against a faction with 30 members that have 10k a/d strength each (300 k faction total).

Again I could be wrong on this.

Also im not sure if its been posted if the boosts are taken into consideration. If they are, then its pointless to upgrade your boosts, as each boost bonus would mean you getting paired against a faction slightly stronger to match your new boosts. This is also why it should only take your factions raw stats, and maybe it does, hasnt been clarified.

If my theory is correct, a 1 man faction can easily rack up points if that 1 persons stats are very high and gets paired against a faction with weaker players. He/she can just keep declaring war and everytime the opposing faction attacks they lose and the 1 man faction will get wd points. This may have been what happend in your case stinger.

Again this is all speculation.

I have read this same thing about the total strength of the faction on here somewhere. Like you I'm not sure if the bonuses is part of the equation or not. If they are it's a disadvantage to have the bonuses cause it puts you against stronger factions.

Like everyone else here we had the same problem. We were matched up with factions that we couldn't touch.