PDA

View Full Version : MW is still broken on Android!!!!

Chuck Nuts
03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
The World Domination battle software is still broken for Android!!!

I can battle just fine from my rivals list but the game crashes every 3 to 5 attacks from the World Domination battle list screen. It is also very likely to crash when I hit the recharge health button and I have definitely confirmed that it takes my gold but when I can finally get the game restarted and get back into the battle list screen then I do not have a full health bar.... these crashes are stealing my gold!

We also do not have the 20% gold sale yet.

PLEASE GIVE SOME ATTENTION TO YOUR ANDROID SOFTWARE!!!

Android players are willing to spend gold too if you could just fix the software.

Web323
03-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I am one IOS and lost connection right when I hit recharge. Could not reconnect until the last minute. Had to restart the game five times before it connected again and finally got the gold sale popup

Товарищ
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
The World Domination battle software is still broken for Android!!!

I can battle just fine from my rivals list but the game crashes every 3 to 5 attacks from the World Domination battle list screen. It is also very likely to crash when I hit the recharge health button and I have definitely confirmed that it takes my gold but when I can finally get the game restarted and get back into the battle list screen then I do not have a full health bar.... these crashes are stealing my gold!

We also do not have the 20% gold sale yet.

PLEASE GIVE SOME ATTENTION TO YOUR ANDROID SOFTWARE!!!

Android players are willing to spend gold too if you could just fix the software.
What's the problem? Your money is going to GREE, you are getting gold in return. Everything is working just fine.

Milspec1
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Incredible they had how much time to fix this? It still crashes after every 4 attacks

Blest@iBOB!.mw
03-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm trying to run a faction here and i keep crashing too... i'm ready to launch my phone... driving me NUTS!!... I'm not one to complain either... but... its a little ridiculous...

CJ54
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
The Android team is on this one right now. I've passed the game info on for the people who've posted in this thread, if anyone else is reading this who is experiencing the issue, send in a ticket so that we have your info (it will help the team in solving this one faster).

4Nik8R
03-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Sending in 50th ticket.....can developers see my ticket from android? Lol

4Nik8R
03-08-2013, 07:03 PM
There and android team? Are they qualified? My phone will fit perfectly up their chocolate starfish! As a medium gold spender I'm pissed right now! UNFORTUNATELY, MODERN WAR HAS STOPPED WORKING! Don't forget this one MODERN WAR IS NOT RESPONDING! Reporting does nothing. Sending tickets gets a reply "reinstall app or were goimg on vaction thanks to all the gold spenders."

ohgreatitsryan
03-08-2013, 07:19 PM
I've been dealing with that BS on android too. I've had to force quit more MW more times since the last update than I have any other program. Ever.

At least it's not as bad as iOS though. I guess they got tired of complaints so they turned off my(and I'm assuming other's) ability to send in tickets.

Poopenshire
03-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Guys give them chance. Android is a newer platform with dozens of devices and more versions than iOS.Guys, i have faith they are working on it. My LLP is android and i have faith in CJ and his team.

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-08-2013, 08:11 PM
I know they working on it poop but all three events have been like this. It's just frustrating

lastmast2
03-08-2013, 11:23 PM
And no android user can tell the faction the def stats of the opponents
that pisses me off really

The_Don
03-09-2013, 12:00 AM
And no android user can tell the faction the def stats of the opponents
that pisses me off really

Its the same on their CC game, Android users are unable to see A/D stats of opponents. Its impossible to be anything more than a button masher when using Android devices.

atretes1
03-09-2013, 01:25 AM
My game started crashing worse I belive it is now starting 5 updates ago. It crashes all the time on scratchers, rivals list, attacking and whenever else it wants to. Ticket sent.

What?
03-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Android does have some problems lol. Look I'm constructing a lake!
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/3B2F30F0-F4B8-4FC1-A8CE-3512AF8035D3-19259-000019665032F021.jpg

4Nik8R
03-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Its the same on their CC game, Android users are unable to see A/D stats of opponents. Its impossible to be anything more than a button masher when using Android devices.

I can see cc pvp stats with my android.

NTM
03-09-2013, 05:24 AM
same here moderwar.jpg and game close..

u can't see power of rivals too....

@CJ54: send a ticket ? lol.. yeah, the last two ticket i send i got no answer and it's maybe 3 month if u see what i mean.. i got mail if u want proof, no answer on 2 tickets.

on cirme city ok but MW have no support ?

Milspec1
03-09-2013, 06:25 AM
everything is screwed up i have buildings under construction that I never placed under construction, they say they are done on the status bar, but have lots of time left, I can't upgrade anything else

app keeps crashing after every 2 sets of health

people are showing up with wrong number of allies

seeing "null" for names

getting server errors

and of course Gree runs events over the weekend so they get more money and play, and don't have to offer support or fixes, this is really unbelieveable. In all my years of being online, apps, games etc I've never seen a a more buggy product and such bad support, not to mention a total lack of caring

lastmast2
03-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Android does have some problems lol. Look I'm constructing a lake!
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/3B2F30F0-F4B8-4FC1-A8CE-3512AF8035D3-19259-000019665032F021.jpg
Youre not alone, i have dozens of screenshots like that
And Once again GREE fix that thing with the DEFENSE SCORE not showing up when attacking someone, that's such a huge disadvantage for us android users during world domination events!!!!!!

Chuck Nuts
03-09-2013, 09:35 AM
I have two characters on Android devices. My LLP does not crash nearly as often, but I'm not using gold to recharge his health so I can't say for sure if that is a factor.

CJ, thank you for calling in resources to work on this problem. This is the exact same behavior that we observed in Brazil and Greenland, so this is not a new problem.

Magino
03-09-2013, 12:19 PM

I'm on cc Android and in the results screen the defense stats of the rival are listed. This is even more maddening to me. Just have to wait for the fix from " the team".

CJ54
03-09-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm on cc Android and in the results screen the defense stats of the rival are listed. This is even more maddening to me. Just have to wait for the fix from " the team".

The reason we're waiting to add that is that because implementing it on iOS didn't work the way it was supposed to. If we ported it over unchanged, it would be having the same issue iOS is having. So what we're doing instead is making the code work right first, and then that code gets ported to both platforms.

Dudebot121256
03-09-2013, 12:24 PM
This is probably a good place to ask. CJ, what is the policy on using BlueStacks to run Modern War and other GREE games? I switched over from my android because my android was terrible and could barely run the game.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
24 hours later, the problem is WORSE, not better!

Chuck Nuts
03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
24 hours later, the problem is WORSE, not better!

PJ, are you an Android user? ....or just sympathetic to our plight?

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
PJ, are you an Android user? ....or just sympathetic to our plight?

Yes, Chuck, I have two games; one on iOS, the other on Android.

I am commiserating, and also receiving the abuse heaped upon Android players.

Android players are approaching 26 hours of abuse, disrespect, and hatred in this event.

dwayne
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
My game started crashing worse I belive it is now starting 5 updates ago. It crashes all the time on scratchers, rivals list, attacking and whenever else it wants to. Ticket sent.

I havent been abke to do a scratch off in a month!! I send in reports and nothing is getting done!! The very least is that they could acknowlodge you!! A kiss our ass would even work at the moment lol

Magino
03-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Thank you cj for explaining the problem, I look forward to the day it will be fixed. Best regards.

Товарищ
03-09-2013, 02:48 PM
The reason we're waiting to add that is that because implementing it on iOS didn't work the way it was supposed to. If we ported it over unchanged, it would be having the same issue iOS is having. So what we're doing instead is making the code work right first, and then that code gets ported to both platforms.

How hard is it to write out the value of one variable in text?
(The very same variable used to determine the outcome of a battle!)
Are the programmers at GREE still on the "Hello World!" part of their programming careers?

Show them this wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_world

What?
03-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Look like my lake dried up and has been replaced with a cliff. Also my buildings disappeared. On a serious note though my screen will not shut off when running MW on android. If I turn the screen off and the phone gets turned on to unlock the screen, the screen will not auto shut off either. Scenario I open MW, collect, and turn my screen off and leave my phone. I get a phone call and my screen turns on to notify me, but I'm away and miss the call. Normally the screen would turn off after no activity, but with MW running in the background my screen stays on and drains the battery, not to mention the phone heats up to like 200 degrees which can't be very good for it. I wouldn't be susprised if MW was the cause of people's phones catching fire in their pockets! I don't think MW app should cause self-immolation!
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/C293B221-9D2B-41FE-B789-8038488EE604-20135-00001A94E4C474A3.jpg

CJ54
03-09-2013, 11:39 PM
How hard is it to write out the value of one variable in text?
(The very same variable used to determine the outcome of a battle!)
Are the programmers at GREE still on the "Hello World!" part of their programming careers?

Show them this wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_world

The grass is always easier to mow when you're not the one pushing the lawn mower.

What?
03-10-2013, 12:24 AM
The grass is always easier to mow when you're not the one pushing the lawn mower.

Ask Ferr for the ride-on-mower

Philly982
03-10-2013, 10:14 AM
The Android crashes do seem to be getting much, much worse. They have cost me several units and wasted in game cash on boss events and has also resulted in lost attacks during WD events. It is something that one will have to live with I guess, but the fact that Android users are spending gold is less than adequate. I have learned to accept that at the time being it is what it is and not to purchase any more gold until the issues are fixed. I am certain that they are working on it and that they do not want to alienate anyone deviceing source, however it seems currently that for every step in improvement they make for Android we actually take two steps back.

dbell525
03-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm running Android 2.3.6 and haven't really been having issues. I'm getting more and more lag, but it is still functional. It has crashed a couple of times but not during WD battles.

nothing2seehere
03-10-2013, 10:57 AM
This is probably a good place to ask. CJ, what is the policy on using BlueStacks to run Modern War and other GREE games? I switched over from my android because my android was terrible and could barely run the game.

I'd say their policy is limited to 'don't bother contacting support for any issues'. What else could it be? To them, it most likely appears to be just another Android device. Wouldn't know one way or another if you're using Bluestacks...

CJ54
03-10-2013, 02:01 PM
I'd say their policy is limited to 'don't bother contacting support for any issues'. What else could it be? To them, it most likely appears to be just another Android device. Wouldn't know one way or another if you're using Bluestacks...

We're taking a look into how it interacts with the game, but we don't have a policy on it right at the moment and it is not officially supported.

Gritix
03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Your first mistake was buying a Android LOL!

Chuck Nuts
03-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Your first mistake was buying a Android LOL!

My Droid Razr Maxx HD has been superior to every Apple product that I have ever used in literally every way..... except for playing Modern War.

...and yes, I have tried the iPhone 5. I bought one when it first came out because I wanted to give Apple another chance. I returned it to Verizon before the 30 day period was up.

Chuck Nuts
03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
CJ, the Android problems were not fixed by the end of the Egypt event. Please give us the diagnosis and status of fixing our problem before China.

Android glitches are preventing players from spending gold. I would have spent twice as much gold on each of these events if I hadn't spent more time waiting for the game to reboot than I did battling.

Speed ump
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Cj, so what you're saying is, you will mow my lawn? Wow, and all these guys are complaining about support. Just ignore them.

Chuck Nuts
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Cj, so what you're saying is, you will mow my lawn? Wow, and all these guys are complaining about support. Just ignore them.

This must be an inside joke. Care to share? It sounds funny.

Adm.J
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
This must be an inside joke. Care to share? It sounds funny.

Go back about 10 posts.

krabbie
03-13-2013, 04:39 AM
I'm also on android and wonder if someone else has the same problem: I regularly make lists of our faction with attack and defence stats. When writing them down in a spread sheet, i often see that 6 or 7 members have exactly the same stats as me and another 6 members have the same stats as others. Because this keeps happening, I'm really wondering what is real and what is not... :confused:

Do any of you have the same experience?

Philly982
03-13-2013, 04:50 AM
krabbie.......unfortunately Android stats are not correct. In fact they are way off. Example, one member in our faction is on Android and he sees that he has an A/D score of 51488/94159, but iOS members in the faction see him as 44502/48758. To make matters even worse that user has done some testing in pvp since the update came out which shows the attack score in the battle results screen. His average over 50+ battles is only 35400 with majority of his attack scores below that of what iOS users even see. He only had one score of 50 k +. He said his attack score ranged from 30155 - 50007, almost a 20 k difference. We have not tested the defense scores, but I think it is safe to assume that they are way off as well.

krabbie
03-13-2013, 04:57 AM
krabbie.......unfortunately Android stats are not correct. In fact they are way off. Example, one member in our faction is on Android and he sees that he has an A/D score of 51488/94159, but iOS members in the faction see him as 44502/48758. To make matters even worse that user has done some testing in pvp since the update came out which shows the attack score in the battle results screen. His average over 50+ battles is only 35400 with majority of his attack scores below that of what iOS users even see. He only had one score of 50 k +. He said his attack score ranged from 30155 - 50007, almost a 20 k difference. We have not tested the defense scores, but I think it is safe to assume that they are way off as well.

I thought the difference in IOS and Android stats was caused by Android seeing the boosted stats (buildings, faction profits, etc) and IOS seeing the raw stats. If I attack rivals, the average attack score seems to be around the attack score I see on my profile-screen. I believe the different scores have to do with a variable defined by skill-points or something like that.

Sparkle
03-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Beating the dead horse because I feel HELPLESS!!! I have been sending reports about stoppages for over a month. I have uninstalled and reinstalled loads of times which is yet another issue unto itself and NOTHING has changed. The whole game shuts down when I try to look at rival stats over & over & over & over & over & over & over... It takes a long time to turn the game on again and an unspeakably ENORMOUS time to go to a rival's screen. Yes I spend money on it now & then but apparently they don't care about that. I get really tired seeing only iPhone stuff in stores too. Ever notice that?

Munch
03-13-2013, 09:08 AM
My wife is on android I'm on iOS. Before BFE she just got her account back from a transfer from droid to droid. When they did the site maintenance she lost her account again. I want it back the faction she has is going to be sister faction to the faction I'm in now. Help me out CJ. Or do I need to send more tickets in

Chuck Nuts
03-13-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm also on android and wonder if someone else has the same problem: I regularly make lists of our faction with attack and defence stats. When writing them down in a spread sheet, i often see that 6 or 7 members have exactly the same stats as me and another 6 members have the same stats as others. Because this keeps happening, I'm really wondering what is real and what is not... :confused:

Do any of you have the same experience?

Krabbie, I sent in a ticket about this issue before the Brazil event. No response. I try to not submit a ticket on the same issue more than once, but there is probably some value if you submit a ticket with your own observations about the problem.

Thanks.

Chuck Nuts
03-13-2013, 11:22 AM
I miss my buildings.

Since I installed version 3.6.3 and downloaded dataset mw_20130312_3 I am now back to the point where most of the buildings on my base are invisible. This problem seemed to be fixed for me for the past month or so, but now another step backwards.

Guys give them chance. Android is a newer platform with dozens of devices and more versions than iOS.Guys, i have faith they are working on it. My LLP is android and i have faith in CJ and his team.

@Poop, MW is not that new on Android. We have had the exact same problem with the game locking up for every WD battle. There are droves of people who participate in software beta testing for iOS, but I have yet to meet or hear of anyone who has participated in any sort of QA testing for Android. I have faith that they will eventually get around to fixing the Android problems, but I have serious doubts that they are doing anything to fix it before the China event. I have plenty of patience (or I would have uninstalled the game months ago) but it is still worthwhile to discuss observations about the problems and any signs of progress, or in this case, backsliding.

@CJ, please give us some hope that developers are actually assigned to working on critical issues for Android software right now. Otherwise, I think that I have another reason to enjoy Easter weekend with my family instead of doing the Tap-Wait-Tap-Wait-Tap-Crash-Reboot-Wait routine for another WD battle event.

Kind regards to all.

Speed ump
03-13-2013, 12:30 PM
I know it's very frustrating when these things pop up. Even the iOS games had an issue for a while during the event. Watching the spinning ball, waiting for minutes for your next attack, then crashing time after time. We muddled through as best we could, I saw here that everyone was having the same issue at the time. I sure hope they do get a fix for you guys soon.

Philly982
03-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I thought the difference in IOS and Android stats was caused by Android seeing the boosted stats (buildings, faction profits, etc) and IOS seeing the raw stats. If I attack rivals, the average attack score seems to be around the attack score I see on my profile-screen. I believe the different scores have to do with a variable defined by skill-points or something like that.

I was under the same impression and I do think that skill points may factor into the equation. When I first started keeping track my average attack was close to what they have listed on my profile, but as I kept attacking my average kept falling well below my profile stat. It was not due to casualties, as I replaced each casualty with a better unit and my attack profile score is now a lot stronger. However, I hope you are right and I have just been getting very 'unlucky' of late as I like what my profile says much more than what the average now seems to be.

Chuck Nuts
03-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I know it's very frustrating when these things pop up. Even the iOS games had an issue for a while during the event. Watching the spinning ball, waiting for minutes for your next attack, then crashing time after time. We muddled through as best we could, I saw here that everyone was having the same issue at the time. I sure hope they do get a fix for you guys soon.

I appreciate the sympathy, Speed.

Kind regards.