PDA

View Full Version : Ignore List - I hope it helps

Mcdoc
03-08-2013, 04:18 AM
It's Official - I finally gave in and added the most ridiculous poster on the forums to my Ignore List. This is the first time I have tried it - perhaps this will become a trend for a lot of others since the mods somehow let this one slide past the "General Nuisance" clause every single day.

Man I miss the old days when we only had one Troll - and I have been told that about 10 times in the past month by others as well.

Cheers - here's to filtering out the garbage.

Mcdoc
03-08-2013, 04:28 AM
Oh yeah - way back in August, Jarod - CC Mark - said they were working on a new voting system on the forums where people could click a spam or some other button to indicate that a thread was absolute garbage - and when enough down votes were cast - that thread would be closed automatically and completely deleted from the forum.

MAN that feature is long over due. They were talking about this feature when we only had Flan to deal with - who knew no one could fathom someone 1000 times worse.

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-08-2013, 05:22 AM
That would be a great feature to have!

Dutchie
03-08-2013, 06:04 AM
You can still report any posts you deem as spam, etc. by clicking on the warning triangle that you can find in the bottom left of each post. It isn't very obvious but when you click on it you can send a report to CJ to alert him of the post/thread in question. My assumption is that if enough people report it, he will close/delete the post(s)/thread.

It does state the following -

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Speed ump
03-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Mcdoc, who is this awful spammer you mention. I noticed flan is back.

Ducati
03-08-2013, 07:33 AM

Lol very sarcastic speed ump, I WISH flan was back (for good) and the other spammers are gone for ever.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
McDoc, do you have a Spider-Man outfit as well?

My friend, dude is MANCRUSHING on PJ.

It sucks to be in the shadow of greatness, when you once thought you were ALL that.

That's cool and all, but PJ don't be rolling that way.

You feel me?

LOL

Ducati
03-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Thank god PJ is on my ignore list 😄

Dutchie
03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Thank god PJ is on my ignore list 

At this rate, he will be talking to himself soon... LOL

Groetjes,
Dutchie

Ducati
03-08-2013, 08:32 AM
En zo is het. In other words excactly

Ducati
03-08-2013, 08:54 AM
"This message is hidden because PIRATE JUSTICE is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list"

I love this forum as it is now 😄

LeBarticus
03-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I utilized the ignore function not too long ago for the first time. It's nice, you know? Lol

Jhenry02
03-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Welcome to my world

Jhenry02
03-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Also, I just report so many of the trash threads, it doesn't work, but oh well

Ajk
03-08-2013, 10:10 AM
It is getting tiresome. Four threads on the first page alone.

I am a cow
03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi guyz Mcdoc are you talking about me? :D

Mcdoc
03-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Speed - I appreciate you checking in - but no - I did not block Flan - HE kind of grew on me - but Pirate Justice - I just can't take it any more - so it IS actually nice to see his post (even on this thread already) completely blocked out.

I just can't imagine for the life of me that you and Wildgeorge and a few other respected PUN members who frequent the forums aren't aware of how ridiculous this guy looks and his nonsense & horrible reputation kinda wears off on PUN - even for those of us who appreciate what you guys have done - this Loco tends to chip away at PUN's positive PR.

And Cow - I did not put you on ignore - - - - - - - yet :0 LoL

So far only PJ has that honor - and I am sure HE is honored :)

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Speed - I appreciate you checking in - but no - I did not block Flan - HE kind of grew on me - but Pirate Justice - I just can't take it any more - so it IS actually nice to see his post (even on this thread already) completely blocked out.

I just can't imagine for the life of me that you and Wildgeorge and a few other respected PUN members who frequent the forums aren't aware of how ridiculous this guy looks and his nonsense & horrible reputation kinda wears off on PUN - even for those of us who appreciate what you guys have done - this Loco tends to chip away at PUN's positive PR.

And Cow - I did not put you on ignore - - - - - - - yet :0 LoL

So far only PJ has that honor - and I am sure HE is honored :)

Thank you for not ignoring me... yet