PDA

View Full Version : My rival list just exploded...

Pages : [1] 2

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Normally my rival list looks like this:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8631/rivallistnormal.jpg

Woke up this morning and it turned into this monster:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4431/rivallist3.jpg

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/923/rivallist2.jpg

Last night it was working fine, but with no warning this morning I seem to have entered the whale zone, even though im only lvl 88. I turned it off and on, no change. I was attacked by someone with 497 allies even though i only have about 25, so this is affecting others as well.

Any hope for me?

Richie.
03-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Same for me....have you noticed everyone is a private.....

Also can see 15 levels lower and higher than myself.

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Its really weird, I just looked at peoples bases and even with 200/300+ allies, they only have 15k attack and defense and fewer than 1000 units. Who spilled coffee on the servers?

sbs2716g
03-08-2013, 02:24 AM
It happen just before BFG as well. My rival list also change just before BFG

Ducati
03-08-2013, 02:25 AM
I have the same problem with my LLP account, Please GREE solve this.

Lord Krusha
03-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Not only that, but I just lost a transport raider heli and a brigand lightning to a private ranked player ten times weaker than me...God am I pissed!

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 06:05 AM
It happen just before BFG as well. My rival list also change just before BFG

Did it fix itself when the battle started or after it finished?

bbprofitz
03-08-2013, 06:18 AM
this morning I seem to have entered the whale zone, even though im only lvl 88

LOL, all they did was adjust the ally count it looks like. i wish they would do that across the board for everyone so i could start picking off these people trying to hide out with like 100 allies :p

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 06:33 AM
LOL, all they did was adjust the ally count it looks like. i wish they would do that across the board for everyone so i could start picking off these people trying to hide out with like 100 allies :p

I've just got a new data push on android and nothing has changed, still have a "normal" ally list

Corporal Denney
03-08-2013, 07:21 AM
I just hit level 65. I can see people in my list from 65 and up, but nothing lower. And everyone is a buck private. I got raided by someone who was a level 75 - he was able to bring 200 more units to battle than I could. There is no way to defend that.

I expected to make the whale zone eventually, but I knew where it was and I was preparing for it so when I arrived I could handle it. When you got to level 100 in the past everyone had teh same number of allies they could use - so the number of units they could fight with was a constant. The only difference was the quality of your units. That is not the case now. When you could only bring up to 10 more than your opponent it was still a fair fight - now it is just a slaughter for the people with the higher level in the battle.

I'll have to adjust my strategy. But Gree is slowly taking the fun out of the game with all these unannounced changes and efforts to make people spend more. Summer is coming soon, I have a feeling I will be spending a lot more time outdoors and less time in the virtual world. Thanks Gree, I needed to get off my a$$ anyway.

Beaver
03-08-2013, 07:41 AM
This has got to be some crazy glitch.

If you start up MW and look at the Rival list it all looks normal. Basically others that have a similar level to mine and the random ranking.

Then if you hit that wonderful refresh button i get all rankings to switch to private and levels minus 25 all the way up to 200.

The only way i have found to make it look normal again is close and open the app. I did see a couple times after hitting the raid button and then jumping back to the rival screen it would go to normal.

Obviously if its happening before every WD event then they need to find the little bug in that code

mwmark
03-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Its because you are at or more than 500 allies now.
If you are under 500 allies you see the "normal" rivals list. If you exceed 500 allies, you see all the people with more than 500 allies.

Can you confirm you added allies (probably for BFE)?

Beaver
03-08-2013, 07:52 AM
i have been at 700 allies for a month or more now. This problem just popped up in the last 12 hours or so

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Its because you are at or more than 500 allies now.
If you are under 500 allies you see the "normal" rivals list. If you exceed 500 allies, you see all the people with more than 500 allies.

Can you confirm you added allies (probably for BFE)?

I only added one ally last night which took me to 24 allies. Just to check, i deleted him this morning and it made to difference. Thats the first ally i have added in weeks and i am nowhere near 500 allies

thunder
03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Inlove it. It gives you more people to attack than the same ones over and over

Corporal Denney
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I can't remember how long ago I topped 500, but it was months ago. But this is new. I hit the refresh all the time when looking for rivals, usually all I see are lieutenants, captains and sergeants. Privates are rare, especially privates with over 100k A&D, level 75 and 1.5 million IPH's.

I just attacked someone at level 74. I am at level 65. I brought 1300 units to battle, he brought 1470. So the number of allies affects how many units you can bring - very unfair. I understand it when you get to level 100, since 500 allies is all anyone is allowed. But that difference in the number of allies means a big difference in the number of units and if you have strong units, a big, unfair advantage in the battle.

This needs to be corrected.

Beaver
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
My hunch is that this is put in place for World Domination so that everyone can see everyone else.
So basically they open up some software code to allow all to see everyone.
THen after the event the restrict who you can see.

Major disappointment
03-08-2013, 10:48 AM
If this is a temporary thing for the WD event they should let someone know first. Just popping a big change on people isn't right. I don't mind going up against the big boys, but I would like some prep time first.

Richie.
03-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I can only see level 15 below and 15 above...so that's not opened up all to me.

crazeejay
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Prep time or Preparation H time? LOL

CJ54
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks CJ, so now players get matched by attack/defense rather than ally count?

Corporal Denney
03-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.

It would be fine if everyone brought the same number of units to the battle. But when your opponent can bring 300 more units than you to the battle it sucks. It's one thing to battle someone who is 1 or 2 levels up, good units can handle that. But 300 units? Seriously?

I hear when you hit the whale zone above 100, everyone is capped at 500 allies. So no matter how many allies or what level the other guy is, you have a chance as long as you have decent units. You want to rate me against players with similar stats - fine, just so long as you limit the number of units being used to similar numbers. Otherwise it's not fair.

BTW, I have a second game where I am only at level 52 and my rivals list on that operates like it always has, I cam only see 2 levels up.

CJ54
03-08-2013, 11:44 AM
It would be fine if everyone brought the same number of units to the battle. But when your opponent can bring 300 more units than you to the battle it sucks. It's one thing to battle someone who is 1 or 2 levels up, good units can handle that. But 300 units? Seriously?

Right, but what's the quality of those units? If it is pulling people in a closer range of power (but still a range), you may have 100 units and stomp the heck out of someone with 500 units just due to the power of the units.

As for why the other game isn't seeing the change, I don't know. We'll check.

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
This basically renders gold purchases pointless unless you have about 1500 gold units. This new algorithm just means that if you invest in 10 good gold units, the game will give your opponents an extra 100 units for example, this is how i read it.

Not really fair on light gold spenders

Corporal Denney
03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Right, but what's the quality of those units? If it is pulling people in a closer range of power (but still a range), you may have 100 units and stomp the heck out of someone with 500 units just due to the power of the units.

You're ignoring the obvious. If the person does have decent units it's light out. Unless you limit the number of units a higher level player can bring when attacking someone many levels lower the battles are anything but fair. At level 65 I'm not worried about the guy with 300 medics and 500 snipes. I'm worried about the guy with aircraft carriers, B-52s and nuclear subs. I lost a battle this morning to a guy with almost twice my A&D and I am very strong for my level. But double my stats isn't close to my range. No matter how many aircraft carriers or nuclear subs I buy I can't make up that difference.

So either drop the ally thing all together or put it back the way it used to be and go back to the drawing board. Because this isn't fair.

LagBolt
03-08-2013, 12:10 PM
^ Yep, I have 17k defense and i was attacked by someone with 40k attack, I have a gold based army and he just had a bunch of average units, but he could still beat me because he brought 2000 of them while I could only use 100

No Code
03-08-2013, 12:56 PM

I'm not opposed to change, but this is a fairly significant change to make unannounced when people have been executing a strategy based on the old algorithm.

Beaver
03-08-2013, 01:05 PM
So how is it making things equal when i have att/def in the 60k range and i see a guy on my list with an attack of 741,000 and defense of 677,657. I ran like a little girl when i saw his numbers

Corporal Denney
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM

I have 50 aircraft carriers, 50 nuclear subs, 100 cruisers, 100 amphibious craft, 100 B-52s, 100 Harriers, 125 Super Hornets, 280 Vipers and lots of high value gold units. At level 65 I am at 38k attack. What the hell am I supposed to do? Buy 1400 nuclear subs to make it a fair fight. I have been upgrading the advanced air base for the last week to get some of those high end units. But if this is how it is going to be - whats the use. I'd be doing nothing but buying units for the next 3 months.

Anyone interested in buying a good start for Modern Warfare?
I am at level 65.
I have 38k attack and defense, IPH of 1.8 million.
I have 2 arctic rigs (level 2), 2 anniversary centers (levels 2 & 3), 2 villas and 2 oil rigs at level 5, 2 nano factories at level 5 and several level 10 buildings..

Radman
03-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I used to have good att/def for my level by buying a little gold. Now Gree changes the rules of engagement on everyone making strong players at a certain level weak against a lot higher level players. No more gold purchases for me as they have become useless. I'm glad I only started playing 3 weeks ago and haven't wasted to much of my time. I have enjoyed the time I have spent playing but will find a different game to play. One that doesn't change rules that screws most players. "changes makes play more fair"--hogwash!!!

CJ54
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
It's cool if people don't like something, we'll listen.

It's not cool if people make multiple forums accounts to bump up headcount on their opinion or troll.

Radman
03-08-2013, 04:24 PM

It's not cool if people make multiple forums accounts to bump up headcount on their opinion or troll.

Just to clarify. I have only one account which I started today to comment on this thread. I only started MW 3weeks ago so i don't have much knowledge to contribute to forum. My forum account matches MW username "radman". Just didn't want any other players to be falsely accused of starting multiple accounts since I have only one post. My single post is authentic. no hard feelings.

CJ54
03-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I know, it was in reference to the now-deleted posts.

Beaver
03-09-2013, 07:50 AM
So how is it making things equal when i have att/def in the 60k range and i see a guy on my list with an attack of 741,000 and defense of 677,657. I ran like a little girl when i saw his numbers

CJ, any answer to why i would see a guy in my rival list 10 times stronger then me?

LagBolt
03-09-2013, 08:12 AM

Sorry if ive missed something, but who exactly has been calling for the rival list to be so fundamentally changed? People have been asking to move the whale zone, yes. But nowhere have I seen anyone ask for people with 6 or 10 times the attack to be put in the same bracket as themselves.

To be honest, the system worked perfectly well before and shouldn't have been changed in any way. I just dont see how this adds in any way to the game, I had plenty of people to attack before and this just seems to be a way to creating a "quota of losses". By this i mean no one is now invincible (except Ferr and pirates) and its now any player is put in with stronger players, regardless of any other factors such as army size.

I have 25 allies right now and I can be attacked by people with 500 allies, even though some have about 10k attack (my defense is 17k) there are some with 100k attack. So if I go to 500 allies to counter this (i could get to about 80k defense by doing this), the game will pair me with people at 150k attack.
This means I can never win, no one can. This removes the need for allies almost entirely, why should I add any more?

Good try gree, but there are other things that need fixed more urgently than fixing something that wasn't broke in the first place.

Soot
03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm "camping" at lvl 8 with 1 ally.. my question is, with this change, will I be seen by lvl 20 players with 100 allies on the Rivals list? sorry for the newbie question, I'm new and still trying to figure out this game. esp. the allies thing.

LagBolt
03-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm "camping" at lvl 8 with 1 ally.. my question is, with this change, will I be seen by lvl 20 players with 100 allies on the Rivals list? sorry for the newbie question, I'm new and still trying to figure out this game. esp. the allies thing.

Right now, this only seems to be for people lvl 65 and above going by what someone said near the start of the thread, but theoretically, yes that situation could happen in the future

Skyser30518
03-11-2013, 01:22 AM

CJ, I chose to spend a pretty large sum of money to give me and advantage over people in my level and ally range. I'm attempting to keep out of whale zone. Now you have opened he whole game up to whales. I'm getting attacked by people with 300 allies more than me. In my opinion, this has to be one of he worst moves Gree has ever made. After my first refresh, I can't even get a normal rivals list back. Please change this back.

Skyser30518
03-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Sorry to post so soon again. This change has changed the whole dynamics of the game. The people that made this request, were they the whales or the extremely weak? Please help CJ. PvP was one of my favorite aspects of the game. Now I can't even find anyone to attack.

BigD@wg
03-11-2013, 08:37 AM

Hi CJ -

I would like to know what percentage of all the active players in MW asked for this? Were they all gold players? I am imagining that the total number of players that ever requested such a thing was less 2% of the MW active player population. I would further surmise that this 2% is made up of all high level wealthy gold players...right?? Please respond.

LagBolt
03-11-2013, 11:21 AM
CJ, when will this be reversed? I appreciate the efforts of the dev team to improve the game, but it is clear that this change has no support. It has made PvP pointless and allies irrelevant as no matter your allies, you will always be with someone stronger so why go above 3 allies? This makes most parts of fighting a waste of time.

This needs to go back to the "normal" rivals list, quickly.

camper killer
03-11-2013, 11:30 AM
My rivals list shrunk. I am lucky if I can seen 30 different people. that is gonna make some people very mad. I can see between 170 and 190 for levels while being at 182. at my ally count, the visibility is poor as well. Thus far, not working out for my targets. they are gonna get mad very quickly after a week or two of me raiding and attacking all day long.

Speed ump
03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
im a big gols spender, and I cant say that I asked for this, nor have my friends. We might have mentioned that we would like to see people at all ally counts, instead of limiting this, but we have learned how to adress that issue on our own. I hear more team mates complain about the new lists, and I have not heard that anyone sees any benefit to what they are currently seeing. I think changing it back would be better.

Xjarhead
03-11-2013, 12:07 PM

It's not cool if people make multiple forums accounts to bump up headcount on their opinion or troll. CJ, if possible is there a way yall could require forum account names to mirror or link with game names. It would put an end to multiple accounts and hiding behind assumed names to throw merritless accusations around...may not be possible but if so would clean things up a bit....

VileDoom
03-11-2013, 12:21 PM
CJ, if possible is there a way yall could require forum account names to mirror or link with game names. It would put an end to multiple accounts and hiding behind assumed names to throw merritless accusations around...may not be possible but if so would clean things up a bit....

They did this in SWToR. You had to have an active game account to post on the forums. Granted a person with multiple iPads, iPods, iPhones etc could work around this.

Vballmadam
03-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Most people on my rivals list are people who have camped forever but don't like to level up. They have very high IPH's and all buildings upgraded handsomely! Yet many of you are still complaining...seems you blame Gree for everything!
They can't please everyone but are constantly trying to improve the game for us. Please give them a chance and adjust your strategy. Isn't that what you would have to do in a real war?

LagBolt
03-11-2013, 12:36 PM
They can't please everyone but are constantly trying to improve the game for us. Please give them a chance and adjust your strategy. Isn't that what you would have to do in a real war?

I appreciate the want to improve the game, and introducing factions was a great idea. This, however is a real step back. There is no strategy now.

Put yourself in my situation. I am at 25 allies and have 17k defense. I get hit by someone at 40k attack, no chance. So what to do? Increase allies would be logical. So now i'm at 60k defense (for example) and now the game pairs me with people with 100k attack, no chance again.

Thats what i mean by no strategy, allies are now pointless. You can only lose no matter what you do. You cannot adjust as you always get paired with people stronger no matter what you do.

So what could you do in my situation? I believe a lot of people are thinking the same right now.

Vballmadam
03-11-2013, 12:52 PM
I appreciate the want to improve the game, and introducing factions was a great idea. This, however is a real step back. There is no strategy now.

Put yourself in my situation. I am at 25 allies and have 17k defense. I get hit by someone at 40k attack, no chance. So what to do? Increase allies would be logical. So now i'm at 60k defense (for example) and now the game pairs me with people with 100k attack, no chance again.

Thats what i mean by no strategy, allies are now pointless. You can only lose no matter what you do. You cannot adjust as you always get paired with people stronger no matter what you do.

So what could you do in my situation? I believe a lot of people are thinking the same right now.

Believe me I've been there and don't want to go back! I always went full allies. Many people who don't know about the forum level quickly and don't realize it so I chose my battles carefully. I rarely lost units that way because I only attacked people 1/4 th of my stats. With that money I bought the highest units I could and played all the Bosses to get those indestructable units. It took a very long time but worked until I got to level 123. Hope this helps!

Ps. At level 123 My Iph was only 80,000 and my buildings were all level 1 so nobody raided if I forgot to collect. My stats were in the 50/60's so I was not real strong. At level 123 is when I really found it hard to compete. i did succumb to buying gold little by little. It was my choice and at the time I could afford to buy some.

Most important was getting to know and allying with those higher players helped me immensely too! Thank you friends and allies!

BigD@wg
03-11-2013, 01:38 PM
My post was not meant to offend any gold players and if so i apologize...but no free player or light gold player would have ever made this request.

My question to CJ was merely to get a clarification of "a lot" of people. I would imagine there are hundreds of thousands or millions playing this game. Half of them don't understand the dynamics and many of them don't even know how to contact support. So I find it extremely hard to fathom that a large number of people percentage wise in relation to the number playing have asked for this restructuring.

As for improvements, Gree has made great strides in adding new content. I commend them on their efforts. Adding new features and content is always a good thing. Great progress. However, changing a basic fundamental structure of the game dynamic at the request of a few is just plain wrong.

So what if players want to camp? It is the only basic strategy that can be done when you are not willing or unable to spend a lot of money on this game. Changing the dynamics to cause weak players to get pounded on will not force them into buying gold. It may for some but the majority will simply quit. No matter how long anyone camps...they will never match the gold players so I dont understand the contempt.

I don't condemn anyone for spending money on this game. Congrats to all those that can and have fun with it. But don't condemn me for not being a person of great wealth and still wanting to play the game and have fun.

Kostaki
03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Still normal for me. I got 490 allies and so does everyone else.

Major Silverback
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
I thought the whole point of the was build higher A/D stats than ur rivals. If u match ppl by stats, what's the pt of building the stats up? You'll just be put against ppls with higher stats. Why buy high end units?

Skyser30518
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
So how does this new algorithm make it more fun. I just got slaughtered by someone with 500 allies. I have 206. His unboosted attack was 222k to my boosted defense of 116k. So this is the what I have to look forward to in this game?!? You JUST fixed the game to where everyone with like allies and similar levels were all visible! What people are tou catering to? They have the same opportunity to raise or lower allies if they want. Come on!

Skyser30518
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM

Plus, how is this similar in overall power? He had twice my defense and 2 1/4 time my attack!

Ritz
03-11-2013, 10:22 PM
So how does this new algorithm make it more fun.

It's simple. Don't carry more money than your vault can handle! Collect your buildings on time....set a schedule. Every building worth going after is either on a 12 hr or 24 hr timer....simple. If you want save up for the limited edition buildings it may get a bit tricky but it takes dedication. Right now I am lvl 66, 21k att/ 23k def. with $110k IPH. I am by no means a powerhouse. But it is awesome to stumble upon a lvl 60ish camper w/ 40 allies and rob them blind for $3.6 million! Today alone, I have taken more than $15 million...and with a vault of only $1.5 million. SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY

Skyser30518
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
It's simple. Don't carry more money than your vault can handle! Collect your buildings on time....set a schedule. Every building worth going after is either on a 12 hr or 24 hr timer....simple. If you want save up for the limited edition buildings it may get a bit tricky but it takes dedication. Right now I am lvl 66, 21k att/ 23k def. with $110k IPH. I am by no means a powerhouse. But it is awesome to stumble upon a lvl 60ish camper w/ 40 allies and rob them blind for $3.6 million! Today alone, I have taken more than $15 million...and with a vault of only $1.5 million. SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY

Great advice Ritz except when your upgrades cost over 200 mil, which haven't been an issue till this game changing switch in the dynamics of the game. It's not a matter of collecting, I have my buildings set to collect at certain times. My current IPH is a little over 2 mil. Hell, my LLP's IPH is over $630k. Heed this advice, start building your IPH now. You will need it to sustain your army when you get to the higher levels.

mikejmc
03-12-2013, 02:32 AM
It's a lot easier to find player's with a lot of cash. I got over 10million in an hour.

Skyser30518
03-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Somedude, buying gold doesn't work either. I'm level 139 with 117k defense and only 200 allies. That doesn't happen playing for free. The problem is, even if I buy more gold, it just puts me up against even stronger people.
My llp just got attacked while trying to save for my second villa. He was beat by someone with almost the same stats except he had 246 allies and I only had 26.
The days of trying to better yourself and get stronger (with or without gold) in this game are over with. It makes no sense to buy stronger units if you are just going to put yourself in a higher attack bracket. This should dramatically cut out the people able to get the bigger buildings. When someone with a $21k iph, 240 allies, and only 20k attack that has obviously flown through the game and has no concept of strategy can attack someone that has put countless hours into building themselves up gives no incentive to do any better.

LagBolt
03-12-2013, 07:58 AM
It actually removes the need of gold units, if you think about it. No need to buy anything now. You lose at 2 allies and you lose at 500 allies.

Why hasn't this been changed back yet? It has no support

Skyser30518
03-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Send in tickets to Gree

LagBolt
03-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Send in tickets to Gree

Not really a glitch, thats the problem. Gree are aware that they did this. But i have no idea why, it stops people buying gold-there is now no reason since you will always be paired with someone stronger. They shot themselves in the foot.

Skyser30518
03-12-2013, 08:57 AM
I know it's not a glitch, send in tickets to express your disappointment with their decision.

Agent Orange
03-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Hmmm, ok from past experience Funzio used to pull stuff like this where there was a sudden change to the fundamentals of the game.

Since this is a strategy game and for some a long term strategy game this sudden unannounced change is not a welcome thing since it completely wipes out any strategy they may have been employing.

Yes I think that matching rivals up by their attack and defence stats is a great idea and one that has been long over due however from the looks of things the program is not actually doing what it was supposed to do. We have 4 parameters in the game from what I can tell, Level, number of Allies = number of units brought to battle, attack and defence points. If the game is grouping according to what I surmise then we should not be seeing the complaints being posted so it seems to me that the algorithm is faulty.

For those getting hammered suddenly it actually could be worse, Funzio did a change a long time ago perhaps as long as 1 year ago where they suddenly gave those of us up in the whale zone access to all players and when I say all players I mean all players. We were destroying players who happened to only have 1 ally who where using this to hide while leveling up. Got real interesting for a few days....

I get the feeling that this change was in part due to the changes I saw in the battles where the number of faction members was less critical then it had been while it seemed that an aggregate of all faction members attack and defence stats was being used.

In this case it seems that this is too drastic or perhaps broken a change and might need to be toned down a bit? Otherwise I think those seriously affected should be compensated.

Speed ump
03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Whatever gree is using to base the algorithms on is incorrect. I am being constantly matched up with player after player at 50 k or less strength with one of my games. Believe me, I don't belong there. I'm sure it's not fun for them, and it's sure not fun for me either. But, a pirates gotta do what a pirates gotta do, so I trudge on.

WI(AusNz)
03-13-2013, 05:31 AM
I am a camper between battles. Today i reduced my allies to 70 and got smashed by people with 400 allies. I am 18k att/def at 70 allies and have 1.35mil IPH. Camping is the only way non-gold and low-gold players like me can keep up with everyone else. Getting smashed by players with nowhere near the strength or strategy as I is not fun. If this continues, there is obviously no way i can build on my IPH (next upgrades are now 100mil+) and takes away any incentive there is left for me to continue with this game. Please change it back.

WI(AusNz)
03-13-2013, 06:52 PM

this is a wrong move (see my previous post).
- I and many other of my friends on this game drop their allies list between battles and VIP them back for the battle.
- Better to have temporary campers in this game then exclude and lose those players altogether.
- If you are just going to mix me with players of the same stats, no matter how much I allies up or spend gold, I will gain no real advantage because i will always be matched with a higher bracket. No matter how high the ladder you climb, the ladder will keep extending (pointless).
- I spend $20-$30 on this game monthly. that is my budget and I will not go over it. if the game requires i do, i will find another game.
- I accept being hit by strong players on my same allies list (it is a game of war after all), but being hit by some moran who flies through the levels and no strategy with 400 allies compared to my 70 and having similar att/def stats, simply takes away any incentive to work hard or grow.
- I am 1.35mil IPH. all upgrades for me now are $100m+. There is no way of advancing further (see previous comment about the ladder always extending further.
- PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK

njemt242
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
My regular android accounts see no change in the rival list however my kindle fire rival list is all over the place. It has worked to my advantage a little. I am able to farm off of people with less allies and defense scores.

ProCision
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
I see NO change at all. im at 370(ish) allies @ level 74. I never see more then 1-3 levels lower/higher and 50 or so allies lower/higher. I'm on Android Note2

Alo
03-14-2013, 12:45 AM
I see NO change at all. im at 370(ish) allies @ level 74. I never see more then 1-3 levels lower/higher and 50 or so allies lower/higher. I'm on Android Note2

I'm on ios. I see only +/- 1 level and -~25 allies and +100 allies from my ally count. I'm on tier 5.

LagBolt
03-14-2013, 06:27 AM
I dont think gree have noticed the obvious that with this change they have made gold units completely pointless to buy. Apart from being indestructible, there no absolutely no point in buying them. Gree have taken away there own source of income. Why should I pay to get stronger if I then get put with even stronger people still?

The endless ladder post is a really good way of putting it. Gree have committed financial suicide by doing this, im not even sure they realize it yet, otherwise it would have been changed back . I will never buy gold again if it stays like this, and i think others will do the same.

cook976
03-14-2013, 09:09 AM
All this is doing is funneling the money up. I get hit for 6mil by a player 15 levels higher. He then gets hit by a player 15 levels higher than him. Where does it stop? This new algorithm is garbage. Change it back and re-level the playing field!

Peppers
03-14-2013, 10:16 AM
I am at level 71, and can now see levels 63-80.

Between battles, I drop to 6 allies below max-allies to search for funds for the LE buildings. This has always opened up my rivals list to more people... but now I can see rivals all the way down to 100 allies, which I've never been able to do before.

On my wall, I'm getting accused of cheating. I'm loving the new list, but it looks like it sucks for campers.

LagBolt
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
i WAS a gold spender, and im affected by these changes, making my rivals much stronger than me. I've basically been screwed over and my gold purchases have been for nothing. Will never buy gold again if this stays

Peppers
03-14-2013, 10:47 AM
are you a gold spender? so far the ones that have hit me that are higher level and with 200 - 300 more allies have all been gold spenders. Maybe the gold spending is giving you weaker rivals.

I have spent a little gold, but not all that much in the grand scheme of things.

But you might be onto something. I also have a level 58 free account. It is only seeing levels 57 & 58 in the rivals list. But, along with being free, it is also above max allies... so there are 2 variables at play. Free and max allies.

cook976
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Peppers, what is your A/D? i'm at 58kD lvl 85, but im getting hit by lvl 100 with 100k+ attack. Totally different ballgame.

Peppers
03-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Peppers, what is your A/D? i'm at 58kD lvl 85, but im getting hit by lvl 100 with 100k+ attack. Totally different ballgame.

My level 71 game has pretty good stats. :) I don't get attacked too often, so I don't know who can see me in their rivals list.

I sent you a PM.

LagBolt
03-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Peppers, i'm at 58kD lvl 85, but im getting hit by lvl 100 with 100k+ attack. Totally different ballgame.

There is no way to defend this, you have 75 less allies than him, 300 units. Can gree not see that this is all pointless? The dev team read these forums (apparently) so im surprised this hasnt been changed back.

Long dong silver
03-15-2013, 09:07 AM
I am at level 100 and have 167 allies, I have been attacked by 2 people within the last hour, both having more than 800 allies.!

Surely this can't be right.? Are Gree going to fix this.??

Cheers
Lee

cook976
03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
LagBolt, to add to the 300 units less i am bringing, they are more advanced in the game and are probably 300 better units than i have! The higher the level the more discrepancy i would expect from the units the higher level players are beating the weak ones with.

BigD@wg
03-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Problem: new algorithm further unbalanced the game

Solution:

Step one: buy a few vaults of gold to purchase crates and LE units to get stronger.
Result: Still getting attacked by stronger players
Options: quit game or proceed to step two.

Step two: buy hundreds or thousands of vaults of gold to buy enough LE units and crates to obtain 2000 strong gold units
Result: Become stronger than 80-90% of most players and don't worry about getting attacked by other 10-20% super heavy mega spenders. If still bothered by those attacks...quit the game.

Alternate scenario:

Step One: Face the reality that there are many gold players in this game and if you are free player, light gold player, or medium gold player you will always face losing attacks or raids. This new algorithm simply made it completely impossible to hide and unless Gree changes it back there is no way to avoid getting pummeled. So maybe it's time to skip all the other steps and declare victory (quit).

aphroKEN
03-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Gree wants all the free players to become gold spenders.

BigD@wg
03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Gree wants all the free players to become gold spenders.

Of course. But what they don't realize is there are many many people who enjoy the game but may not have the means or the willingness to spend money on it. That's fine that they want people to spend money as it is a business. Continue to add new content and entice people to do so. Don't change the fundamental dynamics of the game to try and force people into a position of quitting versus buying.

If you want to change the construct and the rules then create a Modern War II. Simple.

aphroKEN
03-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Without all the free players, who are the gold spenders going to bully? The bullies will eventually leave the game when there are no victims to torture.

fuzzlenutz
03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Gree Just Caused another player to quit gggg

Whatever gree is using to base the algorithms on is incorrect. I am being constantly matched up with player after player at 50 k or less strength with one of my games. Believe me, I don't belong there. I'm sure it's not fun for them, and it's sure not fun for me either. But, a pirates gotta do what a pirates gotta do, so I trudge on.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Between this and the new vault limits, I have went from farming 18 million a day to about 4 million a week. Thus, I have settled into camping mode and building up my IPH. So it's like I dont know rather to be upset, or not.

thunder
03-15-2013, 05:25 PM
This is very nice. It was hard before finding people to attack and raid for lots of money now its so easy. Thanks gree

SuperSonic Chimp
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
This is very nice. It was hard before finding people to attack and raid for lots of money now its so easy. Thanks gree

and what level are you? Cause that will certainly change....

LagBolt
03-16-2013, 02:23 AM
I think people need to realize now that they shouldnt spend gold on this game. Gold units have no effect now, i honestly cant believe gree have been short sighted enough to remove their own source of income.

WI(AusNz)
03-16-2013, 05:27 AM
Of course. But what they don't realize is there are many many people who enjoy the game but may not have the means or the willingness to spend money on it. That's fine that they want people to spend money as it is a business. Continue to add new content and entice people to do so. Don't change the fundamental dynamics of the game to try and force people into a position of quitting versus buying.

If you want to change the construct and the rules then create a Modern War II. Simple.

I am a medium-low gold user but this change totally discourages any further gold purchase (whats the point). I have pretty good stats but have been camping on 25 allies last couple of days. Today alone I got hit for 22.5mil by 5 separate players (or was it 6? - i lost count). Only one of those players was around 46 allies (i take my hat off to that player) but all the others were morons on 250+ allies and one on 520+allies! Incredible.
I will not threaten to quit the game as those threats seem hollow but there is no point in spending real money anymore. I know a few guys within the game who are very heavy hitters but are not in favour of this move

DunkNL
03-16-2013, 09:19 AM
I hate this change. I am at 55k attack, and now there is no one in my list anymore who has less than 25k defense. I need to fight against people with less than 10k defense to prevent lost units. Combined with the fact that no one goes overvault anymore because of the higher vault limits, attacking is giving me huge losses now. There is no way to get enough valor to replace all the lost units.

This is a very bad change for this game. Please revert to the way it was.

Biff05
03-16-2013, 11:01 AM
I vote to change the rivals list back to its previous version. I agree with what everyone else is saying. I have not been effected by the change yet, as I am a level 50, but I was planning on buying several crates to greatly increase my stats in order to become the strongest within my level. With this change I will not buy the crates and might just quit the game upon reaching the new whale level, which is shortly approaching me.

However, if it reverts back and I will buy several vaults of gold for the crates, the Boss Events, box events, and WD battles.

mgriss
03-16-2013, 03:36 PM
I also spent a long time getting my player (somewhat) strong for my level. I am probably a medium-gold player... I used to buy a vault for boss events and now I also buy one for world domination (I just get too excited during war to pass it up ;) ). I am lvl 74 with 43/53 atk/def (not the greatest... I've leveled up a lot since factions started and haven't added any units except event prizes). But it was never a problem to find people on my rivals list at or below half my attack (I max allies). But now like others have said I see people on my rivals list with twice my strength and the vast majority are at my strength... I have to search and search to find someone I can hit with minimal casualties. It's made PVP completely unproductive for me. I guess I can't complain that I am visible to people twice my strength as those are the people I target too... but it does seem silly that your relative strength now matters so little (why go for strong units?) and the fact that I'm having trouble finding anyone on my rivals list to attack in the first place... something needs to be fixed. I am an android user and just got the upgrade where I can see rival's defense after I attack, and I notice my attack is anywhere between 60-110% of my profile stats... is this the way it's always been?

I don't believe that this is a money strategy for gree since it does seem to discourage spending for strong units. Plus they've made so much money by introducing faction play and increasing the strength of prize units... I know I've spent a lot more. If this is a money strategy I would look back and see how much money you've made by making the reward shinier... and reconsider the benefit of making the penalty hurt more.

Selfproclaimed
03-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I can understand matching with similar power. But I see alot of people with double my stats in my rivals. I wouldn't call that similarly matched in power,lol.

Doesn't this devalue gold ? Ie. camper accounts camp and get strong for their levels but now that won't matter... But what if they used gold to speed up upgrades and such. Ends up being a waste of gold for them.

bucknut
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
This is unacceptable! I drop down allies from 500 to 99 to farm some cash then spend real gold to get back up to 500 allies before the next faction battle. Today I have been hit by multiple players each bringing over 500 allies and the 2000 units to battle against my 99 allies and 396 units. I have lost over $20million today. I don't care what the reasoning is but this is broken and must be fixed! I don't care about a quality units alogrithm. 396 units vs. 2000 isn't fair. I know this...I will stop playing this game if this continues.

PATTON NLD
03-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I think it is BS that GREE decided this to do. I lost a lot of troops against opponents with twice my level and triple my stats. I have put a lot of time and effort in this game, spend also money on it. Some of the ideas from GREE are ok, but this one, with all do respect sucks. Please change this situation again

Ducati
03-17-2013, 01:46 AM

Algorithm, please clarify. I honestly do not understand how my LLP now constantly is getting raided and attacked by players with an attack off more then 40k.
I only have 20k def. I just as well sell my level 10 composite.....

LagBolt
03-17-2013, 01:47 AM
This is unacceptable! I drop down allies from 500 to 99 to farm some cash then spend real gold to get back up to 500 allies before the next faction battle. Today I have been hit by multiple players each bringing over 500 allies and the 2000 units to battle against my 99 allies and 396 units. I have lost over $20million today. I don't care what the reasoning is but this is broken and must be fixed! I don't care about a quality units alogrithm. 396 units vs. 2000 isn't fair. I know this...I will stop playing this game if this continues.

Agree wholeheartedly, but in particular with the last sentence. There is no point in attacking, defending, gold or allies. I am still falling off my chair with disbelief that gree haven't realized they have killed their source of income. People need to realize this. Gold units has no use now. Do not buy them.

Q Raider
03-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Maybe just moved into a zone, or it's a sign of the latest changes but there seems to be a significant increase in encountering stripped bases in the last few days.

Major Disaster
03-17-2013, 02:41 AM
These changes seem to have had a strange effect on my rivals list. I'm strong for my level and have 800-odd allies, but now it seems that all of my rivals are weak - with no decent cash buildings to raid. These days I'm suspicious of anything that GREE does, but have they made changes that now mean you're less able to raid - so it's harder for you to generate cash....meaning that you need to buy more cash and gold from them? If so, that's low....and, if with everything else (like the China battle too soon) people are going to get very tired of being so obviously played.

DunkNL
03-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Everything you do in this game is useless now...

Lose and get weaker? You will be matched against weaker opponents.
Win and get stronger? You will be matched against stronger opponents.
Buy something and get stronger? You will be matched against stronger opponents.
Drop allies and get weaker? You will be matched against weaker opponents.
Gain allies and get stronger? You will be matched against stronger opponents.
Win event and get stronger? You will be matched against stronger opponents.

Nothing matters anymore, because you will always remain in the same relative playing field.

CDR Shepard
03-17-2013, 05:12 AM

Nothing matters anymore, because you will always remain in the same relative playing field.

Exactly this! The point of spending any effort was to have an advantage on those who were at your level with same amount of allies...CJ please change this back

SlashRacer
03-17-2013, 05:42 AM
If I wanted to be matched up with players equal to my AT/DF scores I would not have camped so long so I could afford stronger units. Any edge I had before has now been removed. Now I am constantly matched up against the gold players and other high level players.

LagBolt
03-17-2013, 07:47 AM
^The new system has made all strategy pointless. I hope gree realize that nobody wants this. I would consider buying more gold if the system is reversed to what it was.

On this new farcical new system, i will never buy gold- its pointless.

BigD@wg
03-17-2013, 08:06 AM
I got popped for my first loss in like 4 months yesterday. I lost 6 million in cash to a player with 500 allies. I don't have any visibility to any players with 500 on my list. I can refresh the list numerous times and no players show up with 500. So not only am I visible to stronger players but they are not visible to me.

What a joke Gree. Change the rivals list back.

LagBolt
03-17-2013, 02:04 PM
I got popped for my first loss in like 4 months yesterday. I lost 6 million in cash to a player with 500 allies. I don't have any visibility to any players with 500 on my list. I can refresh the list numerous times and no players show up with 500. So not only am I visible to stronger players but they are not visible to me.

Same here, just lost 10 fights in one day. People with double stats and more shouldn't be in my rival list at all. There is no logic to this. Need this changed back quickly otherwise this game will lose at lot of players and a lot of money

American Capitalist
03-17-2013, 07:54 PM
I tripled my A/D stats in the last two months and now this crap happens... I finally am strong enough to confidently overvault and it is taken away.

Jhenry02
03-17-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm suddenly no longer seeing any of the "low" players. You know, the abandoned bases and people with 12k stats.
Makes raiding and attacking a little more challenging.

-J

Freddiefree1
03-17-2013, 08:45 PM

Hey D@wg...it just never stops does it? FFP currently level 201 with 97 allies...recently attacked by a level 250
with 1116 allies...I can't see anyone with more than about 246 allies ...of course this poor fellow got nothing
and lost some trinkets in the process...you have seen my base...just about everybody I see is extremely weak..
I don't bother with it or the game...just keep an eye on things and chuckle a bit when someone attempts to
attack my base

leek_info
03-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Waaahhh, I can't camp anymore. Waaahh

aphroKEN
03-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Actually you can camp just fine with this change.

It's the players that didn't camp who are screwed over. They can no longer drop allies to slip under the radar.

CDR Shepard
03-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Please quit trolling and educate yourself. What's the point of playing a strategic war game if you can't be strategic? What's the point of raising your stats if it means nothing?

LagBolt
03-18-2013, 03:39 AM
Please quit trolling and educate yourself. What's the point of playing a strategic war game if you can't be strategic? What's the point of raising your stats if it means nothing?

Yeah, the reason it screws over campers is that now you cant go over vault to buy big upgrades as you will always get beat. But you cant attack many people either as you are almost always with stronger people.

When you do find someone with lower stats, there is nothing worth raiding or it is abandoned- this is becoming more common, i suspect due to this change.

Gree still cant see that it will cost them a lot of players and money

LagBolt
03-18-2013, 06:19 AM
^Sorry, doesn't seem to be an option to change it.

olka
03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
This change is ridiculous...

To be good at this game you should need a high average attack and defense attribute for each unit.

This new algorithm no longer creates rivals based on relative strength within your peers (ally number) so there is less of a benefit to having advanced/expensive units - the best strategy would be to max out your ally count.

It's like if the boxing world removed the different weight classes - obviously a stupid idea.

Alo
03-18-2013, 09:01 AM
well I didnt really understand what U where talking about until this saturday. I've been playing it LESS than 3 months. I get attacked sometimes etc and its ok if they are around my level. My ally count is ~100. But on saturday morning I got smacked my lights out by a player who was 12 levels above me and had 3300!!!!! allies. Sunday morning, again big smacking, today morning again smacking by far stronger and more allies people. I on my rival list dont see so far up or down :(

Its grees crappy point to spoil gold spenders, so that they can see weaklings and they arent seen back by them (and maybe others too). Checked first attackers base....pure gold player, had all those shiny gold buildings there :(

War player
03-18-2013, 12:37 PM
OK, so they change the game, again. Fine. I was at around 200 allies and was a camper/farmer and now I can't camp/farm. Ok, fine. Now I need to get back to 500. No problem.

So, I drop in 10 gold bars and become a VIP. So, in the first hour, I have gotten EXACTLY SIX requests!!

I'm now pretty much screwed until I can get back to 500 allies, which now seems that it will take much longer than first anticipated. Well, that's sweet. At least the game is now interesting again. I'm very glad I got my IPH to 2MM before this happened.

Of course, A warning would have been nice!!!

camper killer
03-18-2013, 12:39 PM
VIP has been broken for about a week.

I refreshed for 2 whole hours looking for my other game from a new one and could never once bring it up on VIP to request for ally.

I should not have to refresh constantly for 2 hours from another account to see if VIP works, on and it didn't. I never saw my account.

Majorpattycakes
03-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Please change it back. Too many casualties now.

Freddiefree1
03-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Eddie say...be careful what you play with, it may explode

DunkNL
03-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Okay I am stopping PVP. I need to beat 20+ opponents to reach those valor goals. It rewards 2000 valor, but in the process i lose over 5000 valor worth of units...

hoho
03-19-2013, 01:47 AM
i dont know about you, but recently i was attacked, raided by rivals whose attack point is more than double my attack, more defense, more allies, and higher level than me. and no, i did not attack them first, and i have no idea how this works.

Commerzpunk
03-19-2013, 04:01 AM
I am still not sure about my strategy or my relative strength in this game.
But a fact is: The new system makes me win more battles!

BigD@wg
03-19-2013, 04:08 AM
i dont know about you, but recently i was attacked, raided by rivals whose attack point is more than double my attack, more defense, more allies, and higher level than me. and no, i did not attack them first, and i have no idea how this works.

It's because Gree's changes to the algorithm made you visible to higher level players. Yes you are on their rivals list but they are not on yours (that's how mine works now).

hoho
03-19-2013, 04:17 AM
It's because Gree's changes to the algorithm made you visible to higher level players. Yes you are on their rivals list but they are not on yours (that's how mine works now).

thanks for info ... it is just getting hard, and the sound of it is actually devastating... we started the game at different time and the moment we begin as llp, it is already bully time. tragic.

WI(AusNz)
03-19-2013, 04:17 AM
You are cannon fodder for the gold players. does'nt that feel great! Welcome to my world.

olka
03-19-2013, 07:28 AM
I think it's supposed to match you against rivals with similar attack and defensive stats.

Relative strength is now irrelevant as you are no longer fighting with equal size armies.

Can't believe anyone would approve this change...

Alo
03-19-2013, 08:53 AM
well this new system will be the end of MW. Gold players see others and cant be seen back.....today minime got smacked the lights out too. Its about a month old, lvl15 and has 4k A and 6k D, but was smacked by lvl 19 player with 8k stats. minime doesnt even see that far on list, only 14-16 levels, but that lvl 19 sees him and can kick him :( So this one way seeing ppl to attack....."nice" job gree, soon this will be the end of free players and then gold players can back up their bags too (cause not much left to attack) and find some normal game (read: not made by gree). Hope it happens soon.

Peppers
03-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Dear Gree,

This change is really stupid. My HLP (level 71, okay, its not that high, but its my high one) can now see almost + or - ten levels. I am at 346 allies, and can see people with allies as low as 106.

I have some of the highest stats at my level. How is it fair that I can see some poor dude at level 66 with 106 allies?

If I want to farm people and find cows, I can always drop allies to get to their levels, then work to add them back for the battles. They were always available to me... but I had to work for it. NOW, you've handed them to me on a silver platter, and expanded the number of levels of them at the same time.

I'm sorry... but this is just not a good idea.

Peppers

Alo
03-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Dear Gree,

This change is really stupid. My HLP (level 71, okay, its not that high, but its my high one) can now see almost + or - ten levels. I am at 346 allies, and can see people with allies as low as 106.

I have some of the highest stats at my level. How is it fair that I can see some poor dude at level 66 with 106 allies?

If I want to farm people and find cows, I can always drop allies to get to their levels, then work to add them back for the battles. They were always available to me... but I had to work for it. NOW, you've handed them to me on a silver platter, and expanded the number of levels of them at the same time.

I'm sorry... but this is just not a good idea.

Peppers

and the best part for YOU is....they cant see U back!!! Unless U attack and go to their feed ofc. I'm the poor guy on the other side of fence...~100 allies and ppl with 3300 allies and +12 levels attack me. My rival list doesnt go that far. Gree just wants to take out all the thinking of this game...all U have to do is give them all Ur money and they hand out all "weaklings" for ya ;)

Peppers
03-19-2013, 09:16 AM
If they want to expand the rivals list... How about expanding it UPWARDS only!

I have no problem attacking people at a higher level than me.

BigD@wg
03-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I would just like for admin or a mod to come on this thread and state it for what it truly is:

This is our way to try and further force people into buying gold. Lets thinks about this.. Weak players will get attacked and become tired of getting attacked so they must buy gold to become stronger to avoid attacks. Or maybe they will buy vaults of cash because now they can't save enough money to do large upgrades. Hmmm....yea that's a great idea. Lets do it.

Right? :p

LagBolt
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
I would just like for admin or a mod to come on this thread and state it for what it truly is:

This is our way to try and further force people into buying gold. Lets thinks about this.. Weak players will get attacked and become tired of getting attacked so they must buy gold to become stronger to avoid attacks. Or maybe they will buy vaults of cash because now they can't save enough money to do large upgrades. Hmmm....yea that's a great idea. Lets do it.

Right? :p

Thats the reason. They are gambling on people not thinking this new algorithm through and assuming gold will buy them out of the system.

IT WONT. You will only make things worse. If you get stronger, your rival list adjusts to allow even stronger people to attack you. Gold units are now pointless. Hell, most normal units are pointless now. I think ill have an army of 20 tree snipers, it makes no difference. People need to realize this.

Skyser30518
03-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Due to my work schedule, I had 14.5 mil raided from my buildings in one blow yesterday. Today, due to an upgrade throwing my collection times off, I had a level 3 arctic rig hit. I would be ok with that if it were people close to me. One was 40 levels higher than me with 500 allies (282 more than me) and 100k more attack. I'm pretty strong for my allies and level, so I only see people with 200+ more allies. I can't even find anyone near me. When I find someone I can beat, they have nothing even worth raiding. PvP sucks now!

LagBolt
03-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Due to my work schedule, I had 14.5 mil raided from my buildings in one blow yesterday. Today, due to an upgrade throwing my collection times off, I had a level 3 arctic rig hit. I would be ok with that if it were people close to me. One was 40 levels higher than me with 500 allies (282 more than me) and 100k more attack. I'm pretty strong for my allies and level, so I only see people with 200+ more allies. I can't even find anyone near me. When I find someone I can beat, they have nothing even worth raiding. PvP sucks now!

Similar thing just happened to me. Best thing to do now is always stay under vault, donate anything over to your faction. Collect 24/48h buildings at a time when you are always able to log into the game. If it gets raided due to an upgrade, just leave it until the collection time. This stops 90% of losses

Skyser30518
03-19-2013, 07:52 PM
LagBolt, I agree 100%. The issue I have, is my work schedule fluctuates. I also still would like to play this game. Almost all of my upgrades are near the 200 mil mark. I've played smart so far. Unfortunately, it's made me a perfect target. I just donated 30 mil to get me under vault after losing 38 mil in the past day and a half. Basically, what Gree is telling me is to give up. Don't try and grow stronger, don't try and grow IPH, just collect your buildings and donate. I'm at a point where I don't know hat else to do. Don't get me wrong, I live my faction, but I have nothing else keeping me in he game. PvP sucks now, I can't grow my IPH, I can't (or shouldn't) get stronger, where do I go from here. I know too many people(numerous because of the changes), that have sold off their bases or given their id's away as a result of the changes. I spent a good amount of real money to get to where I am. Had I known this would be the result, I would have saved my money.

DunkNL
03-20-2013, 04:02 AM
Can we please get a response from Gree on this?

CJ said they where 'testing' this new algorithm. I think we can safely say that almost no one likes it. It kills pvp for most people and removes the need to spend gold and get better. So.... test failed and change back to the way it was?

Rival list should only be based on your own lvl and ally count. It has nothing to do with your attack/defense!

I would have no problem with the rival list showing people with higher lvl and/or higher ally count. But not lower, and not based on attack/defense!

LagBolt
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Can we please get a response from Gree on this?

CJ said they where 'testing' this new algorithm. I think we can safely say that almost no one likes it. It kills pvp for most people and removes the need to spend gold and get better. So.... test failed and change back to the way it was?

Rival list should only be based on your own lvl and ally count. It has nothing to do with your attack/defense!

I would have no problem with the rival list showing people with higher lvl and/or higher ally count. But not lower, and not based on attack/defense!

Agree, but think your last point through. The person you attack would rage that he was attacked by someone outside of his bracket.

This really needs to be changed back. I really hope no one has bought gold because of this scam. Gold will not help you get out of this. The algorithm will just give you even stronger people that will still beat you.

Cuthbert (B$A)
03-20-2013, 07:12 PM

This is entirely made up. Have we yet found one person who asked for this?

Cuthbert (B$A)
03-20-2013, 07:18 PM
What I like is your stupid algorithm was not even uniformly applied. I get hit by guys 10-12 levels higher but I cannot see anyone on my rivals list that is not within 1 of my level. Therefore, I get screwed by not being able to let the crap roll downhill, as was intended.

CDR Shepard
03-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Switch it back please

WI(AusNz)
03-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Why hasn't anything happened. GREE???!!!

Killer_Elite
03-21-2013, 03:44 AM
This is entirely made up. Have we yet found one person who asked for this?

Personally, I like the change. Only complainers are those who were camping and thought
they were untouchable. Well you aren't now.

LagBolt
03-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Personally, I like the change. Only complainers are those who were camping and thought

Going by that fact that about 95% of people are against this change, does that mean that 95% of people in the game are campers? No, camping if a perfectly legit strategy.
Gree have screwed everyone over making the game an endless ladder. They have managed to make their own source of income irrelevant to the game. They still cant see this. Maybe pirate money is enough for them for now.

soulnmysole
03-21-2013, 03:59 AM
What I like is your stupid algorithm was not even uniformly applied. I get hit by guys 10-12 levels higher but I cannot see anyone on my rivals list that is not within 1 of my level. Therefore, I get screwed by not being able to let the crap roll downhill, as was intended.
Same here. I was attacked by a player 5 levels higher than me, yet my rival list only displays players at my level or 1 lower.

This new system is completely flawed. They need to change it back now.

Killer_Elite
03-21-2013, 04:07 AM
You do realise that thousands of people play this game
and are not complaining. About 10 folk moaning here doesn't
mean anything. Fight, and fight again and stop
moaning.

LagBolt
03-21-2013, 04:13 AM
moaning.

You dont know that. I know that I have seen a increase in deserted bases since this has happened. The cause of this is less clear but my best guess is this change (and maybe bad timed w.d. events).

Very few people support it here, logic tells you that this will play out in the same way for the wider population of the game.

soulnmysole
03-21-2013, 04:23 AM
moaning.
You do realize that thousands of people have no idea this forum even exists right?

The members of this forum represent a very diverse and accurate sample size of all MW players... From extremely heavy gold players to free players, from aggressive players to passive campers. Our opinions and ideas definitely speaks volumes in the grand scheme of things because we represent a large part of the MW community.

And to go back to your first post, its not just campers who are "complaining". Lots of players see a fundamental flaw in this new system.

You should probably get your facts straight before you decide to post, so as not to say something stupid or inaccurate.

Killer_Elite
03-21-2013, 04:27 AM
You dont know that. I know that I have seen a increase in deserted bases siand join this has happened. The cause of this is less clear but my best guess is this change (and maybe bad timed w.d. events).

Very few people support it here, logic tells you that this will play out in the same way for the wider population of the game.

Most people will not have seen any difference and will carry on doing missions, raids and PvP attacks.
A few will leave, but at level.200.and above, it is.same old story of.non stop fighting.
Upgrade and join us.

LagBolt
03-21-2013, 04:32 AM
No thanks, I'll keep camping. I think people have seen a difference. Its hard to ignore that a fundamental mechanic of the game has changed. Gold is now pointless except for people in top 3 factions.

At lvl 200 you might not notice any change yet, but when everyone in the lower levels leaves, no one will move up the ranks to your level and you will be left with few people to attack. Gree will lose a lot of players through this change

Alo
03-21-2013, 05:54 AM

I'm not a camper, although I made extra camping account a month ago. My main account is LESS than 3 months old, have 4,3k battle wins and 22k raid wins (and 2,5 months ago I had only 5 stamina, now over 100). So am I classified as camper and cant complain or I can complain?

Do U know why ppl make camping accounts? Its because game is out of balance....BIG TIME. Here is NO STRATEGY NEEDED. None at all. What is needed is only Ur money, and a lot of it. In many places even money players have to THINK, use strategy etc and are made quite even (lazy money player and very active free player can accomplish basically same things).

Why would they need to change rival lists? Before some ppl could buy GOLD units to be most powerful in his tier, now its pointless to buy gold units...cause U get bumped agains ppl with more gold units. So why waste money and gold, when all U get in return is stronger enemies? The best part is...they can see U, but U cant see them. Its a friggin rigged privilege for gold players. Maybe I would like to see too 10+ levels below me and attack them, but it isnt fair to them and to me. Luckily or unfortunately I dont see so low either, and not higher too, but higher ppl see me :(

K B Lloyd
03-21-2013, 06:14 AM
Me -

Level 112
Allies 516
Attack 55292
Defense 56308

Within the last 8 hours I have been hit by -

Level 113
Allies 518
Attack 125216
Defense 128141

Level 111
Allies 1005
Attack 119123
Defense 127817

I'm losing high priced units faster than my base can generate income. The bloodletting is unsustainable.

If Gree is trying to get enough players to leave so they don't have to support this application anymore, they are on the right track with these new changes. Otherwise, they really need to roll the changes back.

I've been a casual player for over a year now. I registered today on the forums and posted this because Gree really needs to take notice. They have made a fun game (over 1 year playing) no longer fun.

Gree representatives, please feel free to reply directly or email me. Gree has my email address.

Skyser30518
03-21-2013, 06:34 AM
So, now my LLP account. Level 47, 25 allies. Was just beat by a level 61, 505 allies. Even if I was max allies, he would take about 30% more units into battle than I am able to. Not to mention his stats were only barely batter than mine. This tells me he is someone that obviously has no strategy in the game.

As for my HLP, I spent over $1k last month, yet I am getting decimated by people 50+ levels and over double my stats. I can barely find anyone on my rival list I can attack. There's no way I would have spent that money had I known this was going to be he outcome. The sad thing is, I was getting ready to do it again, but it makes NO sense for me at all.

Skyser30518
03-21-2013, 07:11 AM
How about this rival's list? I'm level 141 with 270 allies.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/Skyser30518/4fd21df3-dd89-4c71-b574-79099ebed0d6_zpsd088f083.jpg

rutty
03-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Ouch! Glad I'm not in with that company :O

BigD@wg
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Hi Gree -

Any official word on when you will reverse this change? By the end of the week would be nice. Thank you so very much. :)

mistergreen
03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm at level 60 and was just hit by a level 69 player over 10K A/D stronger. Not cool.

Tctiger
03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Well I think these changes absolutely suck , I can take it if you open up the game , I can take players with stats 4,5,10 times mine attacking me , I can take players 50+ levels above attacking me, what I don't like is the fact they can stalk me and attack at will, while I can only see 2 levels down and one up I don't see how that is fair .

BigD@wg
03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
It's hilarious how I went for 6 months with only one or two red marks on my newsfeed. Now everyone that attacks me is at least 10 levels higher, always stronger than me and I always lose now. Not one of these people are visible on my list! This is the absolute worst "improvement" I have ever seen.

I'm so glad that I spent money on game to be strong at my level to only have the dynamics changed to be in favor of every other player but me. Good job Gree. Nice Way to really screw up a game.

DunkNL
03-22-2013, 01:58 AM
CJ, come on! Answer us!

Changing this without notice, after many complaints we hear "it's on purpose, testing a new algorithm because players have asked for it", and then just total silence. It's been 2 weeks of people asking why this has been done, because nobody asked for it. Change it back already, please!

GTZ
03-22-2013, 04:16 AM
i'm a llp but not a camper just a new player. i only have 20 allies atm and my rivals list is full of players with hundreds of allies sometimes they have over a thousand. this happened suddenly. for me the new algorithm sux

WI(AusNz)
03-22-2013, 04:20 AM
No Worries killer yeah? Soon you and 5 other people will be the only ones in the sandpit.
I have not quit but have seriously pulled back on the intensity that I play this game.

PieGuy18
03-22-2013, 06:50 AM
lately I have been getting slaughtered by players 50+ levels higher then me with stats in the 150-300k range my stats are 55k/75k

seems like a "great" matching system

BigD@wg
03-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Maybe a response today?

NaRciS
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
I must admit I really didnt take much notice of this thread, but just been hit for a million by someone 12 levels above me.... What the hell is going on??.

Noooooooo....

Speed ump
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
This experiment does not work, not even close. I am being paired against much weaker players, and I know there are a lot of stronger ones out there that I no longer see. Need to go back to the old system, this one was broken right out of the gates. It's also strange how the same players are the ones who no one can ever find, no matter what system is being used. I did notice that the more you attack someone, the more often you see them, especially if they attack back.

soulnmysole
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Just got attacked by a player 5 levels higher, yet eveyone in my rivals list is my level.

F U C K this game, and Gree. Ban me.

Never will spend another dollar on this game.

Speed ump
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
After a certain level, the higher level guys can see you, but you cannot see them. I would have to agree that at the least, if they can see and attack you, that you should have the same privilege.

Skyser30518
03-22-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm having that problem, and some. I can see higher level players. Level 200+. Unfortunately, I can't beat them. I'm level 141. Just saw Pirate Justice. His defense is almost 50 times my attack (unboosted) lol. Needless to say, I didn't attack.

Speed ump
03-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Once you get to level 100, you can use all your units, so I don't get why the cutoff. I have had games well capable of battling with anyone at that level. Levels have nothing to do with your strength past that point. There are lvL 200 players who can't match some players at level 100. The only consideration is that with time, you have had the ability to get stronger. Most players will never be able to battle PJ, or many other players in the game, no matter what level they achieve. Lvls are not an indicator of very much.

Skyser30518
03-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Once you get to level 100, you can use all your units, so I don't get why the cutoff. I have had games well capable of battling with anyone at that level. Levels have nothing to do with your strength past that point. There are lvL 200 players who can't match some players at level 100. The only consideration is that with time, you have had the ability to get stronger. Most players will never be able to battle PJ, or many other players in the game, no matter what level they achieve. Lvls are not an indicator of very much.
I agree, there are many people at lower levels that can beat me. And, the fact that I'm only at 300 allies is my fault. I'm allying up now. The new list changed my strategy for the game. In the past, I have added and deleted allies depending on what I was trying to achieve at the time. Obviously, my strategy needs to be tweaked now. My post was more referring to the "macthing" of people with like stats. My 120k attack doesn't exactly match up with the stats of the rival's on my list. I'm trying to figure out if everyone else around this level is seeing this or not.

I'm testing a theory now that the list may be based on density also. At 200 allies, I was 100k attack. The only people I could see were people at full allies and a very wide range. Does the new algorithm calculate me at my full allly potential based on 100k per every 200 allies. When I hit full allies, hopefully tomorrow, I will post my findings.

BTW Speed, thank you for acknowledging that the rival liust isn't quite what people had in mind.

Tctiger
03-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Higher levels = more skill points and valor which can make a big difference alone ,but the main point here is high level players can see low level players but the low players can't see the high , that's is wrong whichever way you look at it .

PFJchopper
03-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I would urge the devs to reconsider this game change as for someone who spends gold to stand a better chance against people at their level, now becomes redundant as the playing field just got changed. Getting attacked and raided far more easily yet not being able to find weaker opponents without losing high end valour units.

Everyone here plays to their own strategy, whether that be doing their best without spending gold, focusing on getting high Income stream. For me personally, my strategy is to spend a little gold now and then, and use all my skill points on stamina. My IPH was not a priority as I am online a lot and use lots of stamina to earn valour and attain those units instead of buying money units. Now I can no longer attack because the new rivals list is drastically changed and its no longer worthwhile as the losses in units outweighs the reward. The game is now pointless and unrewarding from this point as it stands for me.

Please reverse this change.

RedCloud
03-24-2013, 06:18 AM
I would urge the devs to reconsider this game change as for someone who spends gold to stand a better chance against people at their level, now becomes redundant as the playing field just got changed. Getting attacked and raided far more easily yet not being able to find weaker opponents without losing high end valour units.

Everyone here plays to their own strategy, whether that be doing their best without spending gold, focusing on getting high Income stream. For me personally, my strategy is to spend a little gold now and then, and use all my skill points on stamina. My IPH was not a priority as I am online a lot and use lots of stamina to earn valour and attain those units instead of buying money units. Now I can no longer attack because the new rivals list is drastically changed and its no longer worthwhile as the losses in units outweighs the reward. The game is now pointless and unrewarding from this point as it stands for me.

Please reverse this change.

Exactly. But I also wonder why this change doesn't seem to apply to everyone. I'm almost at the point of opening a ticket since my rivals list presents me with pages and pages of people too strong for me to attack--while for others in my faction, all seems normal.

DunkNL
03-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Completely agree PFJchopper! I also raided a lot and gained enough valor to build a good army. This change has completely killed this strategy. I can barely find players weaker than me, and when I do, I lose so many units that attacking is just not worth it. So there goes my income and army strength...
Only way to go now is just to sit down and build IPH it seems...

RedCloud
03-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Completely agree PFJchopper! I also raided a lot and gained enough valor to build a good army. This change has completely killed this strategy. I can barely find players weaker than me, and when I do, I lose so many units that attacking is just not worth it. So there goes my income and army strength...
Only way to go now is just to sit down and build IPH it seems...

That's what I've been doing since the change DunkNL. I'm not as bothered as some here about not seeing stronger players on my list, even the ones that see me. I wouldn't consider attacking or raiding them anyway, so I'd just as soon they didn't waste space on my list. What I really hate is that my list now includes players with def 250k higher than my attack, but the weakest player I see has def only about 20k less. PVP has become a loser's game for me. So yeah, now it's all about working on my base with an occasional event to liven things up. Most of the fun is gone. At this point I'm really only sticking around out of loyalty to my faction...and the waning hope that Gree will change it back.

BigD@wg
03-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Still no response. Such a shame.

Trebor
03-24-2013, 04:26 PM
No help , my mlp just got raided by a guy 100 levels higher and over 100k stats better, one day mr apt ire I'm coming for you

NaRciS
03-24-2013, 06:52 PM
As so many have mentioned... I have lost a player in my faction who is completely fed up.

I have two devices, well three really, but. The two iPads have different players, both about the same level, points etc however one has this nightmare list... I am level 65 with 60 allies the lowest opponent on my attack list has 140 allies all the way upto 2000 odd... Even if I allied to the max I still would be way off some of there attack points....

But my other iPad nothing has changed, the old system is still in place ???? Both have the latest versions.... If my main player does change I will close the faction and leave the game that's worth about £5,000 a year.

I have to remember this is a game, last month I spent £300 on a game....

Just a reply from admin would be nice... How can no one even bother replying...

aphroKEN
03-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Gree knows your threats are nothing but empty. £5,000 per annum to Gree is a penny in their pocket. But all that hard work you put into MW is as priceless to you as a beloved family member.

So guess who stands to lose more when you decide to leave? Gree knows you won't leave. Therefore they will continue to ignore you while you throw money at them.

Skyser30518
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM
That's what I've been doing since the change DunkNL. I'm not as bothered as some here about not seeing stronger players on my list, even the ones that see me. I wouldn't consider attacking or raiding them anyway, so I'd just as soon they didn't waste space on my list. What I really hate is that my list now includes players with def 250k higher than my attack, but the weakest player I see has def only about 20k less. PVP has become a loser's game for me. So yeah, now it's all about working on my base with an occasional event to liven things up. Most of the fun is gone. At this point I'm really only sticking around out of loyalty to my faction...and the waning hope that Gree will change it back.

You hit the nail on the head. I can deal with vaulting, collecting on time, not ever being able to do large upgrades again. The frustrating thing is that my rival page now has people from 100kdef to 5.2mil def. My attack is a little over 120k. I have to refresh numerous times before I find someone I can beat. This really sucks when one of my favorite parts of the game was PvP. I will stay in and fight with my faction, but my interest in this game has dwindled. I collect my buildings, donate my excess to my faction, then go to our chat site and interact because I enjoy the people. I actually think I ought to thank Gree. Thank you for curing my addiction and saving me a ton of money. I find I spend a lot more time on the forum and with my faction on other sites than I do in the game now. I still have my friends and am saving money. Win, win. Thank you Gree, I don't know if I could have done it without you.

NaRciS
03-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Gree knows your threats are nothing but empty. £5,000 per annum to Gree is a penny in their pocket. But all that hard work you put into MW is as priceless to you as a beloved family member.

So guess who stands to lose more when you decide to leave? Gree knows you won't leave. Therefore they will continue to ignore you while you throw money at them.

One person left my faction today, clearing there base...

aphroKEN
03-24-2013, 07:36 PM
One person left my faction today, clearing there base...

Only to be replaced by a newcomer to the game.

olka
03-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Still an issue - please fix.

olka
03-24-2013, 11:11 PM
It's ridiculous - my current rival list shows only people with at least 4x my own ally count.

RedCloud
03-25-2013, 05:16 AM
As so many have mentioned... I have lost a player in my faction who is completely fed up.

I have two devices, well three really, but. The two iPads have different players, both about the same level, points etc however one has this nightmare list... I am level 65 with 60 allies the lowest opponent on my attack list has 140 allies all the way upto 2000 odd... Even if I allied to the max I still would be way off some of there attack points....

But my other iPad nothing has changed, the old system is still in place ???? Both have the latest versions.... If my main player does change I will close the faction and leave the game that's worth about £5,000 a year.

I have to remember this is a game, last month I spent £300 on a game....

Just a reply from admin would be nice... How can no one even bother replying...

This is what makes this whole thing so frustrating. If EVERYONE was on the same rival list formula, we'd all be sitting out PVP, but at least it would be a level playing field. I'm getting hammered by players who DON'T have this rival list problem, watching my stats go down, down, down. My IPH is fine for developing my base OR developing my forces, but not both. I need PVP to keep up. Why has Gree closed off PVP for some of us, but not ALL of us?

WI(AusNz)
03-25-2013, 05:49 AM
It seems Gree are not going to change their policy (for reasons i can speculate separately) so i have a compromise idea:

Gree should provide an Immunity chest that can be bought for a set period (say 72hours) and resets every month.

For example, immunity can be bought for say 50gold or 50mil (high enough but not too high to be out of reach of most players), and once triggered, that player cannot be attacked or raided for a set period of time (can be 48, 72 hours or what seems fair). Once bought, immunity cannot be used again for 1 month according to a count-down timer.

Benefits of Immunity:
- Players with families can spend time with families.
- Players who take holidays to places where there is no wifi or cellular coverage don't need to worry that their inventory is being wiped out by raiders
- Satisfy the complaining campers (like me) who now find it impossible to go over vault for the bit upgrades. time big upgrades

What do people think? comments?

Ssne
03-25-2013, 05:56 AM
I'd just like it to be consistent for everyone, regardless of what their decision is. Currently I am being attacked by people10-15 levels above me, but I cannot see them in my rivals list, nor can I see downward in mine. I am the former "normal", while others have this freedom.

It's kind of like not receiving your prizes during BFE and waiting for two weeks, while your rival factions have theirs and are using them to hit you. All we want is consistency, Gree.

WI(AusNz)
03-25-2013, 07:15 AM
^ your right, we can speculate all we want, but when you getting attacked by 10 levels higher than you and 1000+ more allies, it makes no sense. Is the number of players in this game so small that they need to make the playing field smaller?

RedCloud
03-25-2013, 07:37 AM
^ your right, we can speculate all we want, but when you getting attacked by 10 levels higher than you and 1000+ more allies, it makes no sense. Is the number of players in this game so small that they need to make the playing field smaller?

One can only wonder. When the devs drop something this negative on SOME of their customers, you just gotta stand back and scratch your head. How did they choose the unlucky recipients? Is there a hidden message? Are we being punished? Did we do something to pi$$ the devs off? Have we not engaged in adequate amounts of bootlicking? If so, then I apologize for whatever and bow to our devs in recognition of their supreme excellence!

Seriously Gree. How can you continue to ignore these complaints? If you don't know how to fix it, just say so--and send us each a vault of gold to compensate ;-)

CDR Shepard
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
CJ can you please comment on this?

BigD@wg
03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
^ this, yes this please.

Cuthbert (B$A)
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
CJ can you please comment on this?

And please respond with more made up stuff about all the demand you had for this feature. Just have the guts to state outright the strategy (kill camping to promote more purchases) and stop cocking around with outright lies. It's embarrassing for a business professional.

WI(AusNz)
03-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Got feedback from a ticket i sent on this issue just after Egypt
"Thank you for contacting GREE Support. We're always looking for new ways to improve our games. I will pass your feedback directly to our developers and hopefully this will change very soon."

Alo
03-26-2013, 03:33 AM
When will this madness stop. Was raiding yesterday evening and again baam, got hit by a player who has 5x more allies than me and....is not visible on my rival list no matter how many times I refresh. Not so many levels and not so many allies arent seen. This crap happens every day, sometimes several times a day.

Greedy Gree, please FIX IT, or if U really wanna kill the game fast...make everyone see everyone, it will be a bloodbath for some weeks and after that, game dies :)

RedCloud
03-26-2013, 05:44 AM
I'm being attacked regularly by someone with 300k attack. My defense is 82k boosted. Gree calls that "matched on power," lol. But I wouldn't mind that mismatch if there were people on my list who were that much weaker than me. I'd take advantage of it just like Mr. 300k. It just pi$$es me off that it's so lopsided. I lost 300 pts on my attack and 250 pts on defense yesterday to attacks from people like this Mr. 300k. And because Gree won't let me turn around and attack below me, I can only get it back by emptying my vault and stopping all donations and upgrades. I love my faction and want to be able to support them, but at the rate I'm bleeding power and money, I'll soon be useless to them.

camper killer
03-26-2013, 05:46 AM
I keep attacking you low ally people from high ally. I guess this is the new norm..... oh well I can deal with that.

Ghost614
03-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Not only that, but I just lost a transport raider heli and a brigand lightning to a private ranked player ten times weaker than me...God am I pissed!

i got attacked as well this morning and lost 600 a/d worth of units from being raided.. im level 109 and getting hit by lvl 120? really? also have level 95s trying to hit me as well... dont know what happened. kinda sucks to lose that many units and they are not my medium or high losses but by sea units with very low loss.. expensive hits i must say!

Kyle51
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm being attacked regularly by someone with 300k attack. My defense is 82k boosted. Gree calls that "matched on power," lol. But I wouldn't mind that mismatch if there were people on my list who were that much weaker than me. I'd take advantage of it just like Mr. 300k. It just pi$$es me off that it's so lopsided. I lost 300 pts on my attack and 250 pts on defense yesterday to attacks from people like this Mr. 300k. And because Gree won't let me turn around and attack below me, I can only get it back by emptying my vault and stopping all donations and upgrades. I love my faction and want to be able to support them, but at the rate I'm bleeding power and money, I'll soon be useless to them.

Same thing is happening to me I used to be able to find weak people that I would attack simply to get wins for goals and because I wouldn't lose an astronomical amount of units. Now I get attack literally at least once every half hour by people twice my stats and I can more easily find someone on my rival list with over 1 million defense than someone with under 60k defense. It's asinine I can't do as many attacks as I used to because I can't keep up with the amount of units I lose I have low stamina (only 16) but if I use that all I drop my attack 400-500 points because of the units I lose. This has completely killed my valor and concrete collecting capabilities. This issue really needs to be fixed ASAP I have no clue how they can claim this to be a "fair playing field"

Alo
03-26-2013, 08:47 AM
it could possibly have something to do with how much overvault you are. The more money you have overvaulted the more you might appear on other higher players list. I say this because when im only 30 - 50 mil or so overvault (just an example) i dont get hit as much, when im over 150 mil or so i seem to get hit so much i cant save any more money because it keeps getting taken away.

this is just a theory of course.

not overvaulting at all, still getting hit. I only overvault for 30 min if needed to get something bigger (in those 30 min I try to waste all my energy and stamina to get the missing money).

LagBolt
03-26-2013, 08:50 AM
I keep attacking you low ally people from high ally. I guess this is the new norm..... oh well I can deal with that.

Until everyone quits and you have no one to attack.

CJ, you have clearly read this thread. Its hard to miss and you have said nothing. You have been back 6 days and there has been no communication at all. You asked for feedback and you got it. It seems the only way to change this to stop buying gold.

I say again, dont buy gold units. They have no purpose now. If you get stronger, the rivals get picked to be even stronger than you, so you get nowhere.

CDR Shepard
03-26-2013, 08:59 AM

I still think this sums it up best. No matter what you do, no advantage is given.

BigBassTurd
03-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Wahhhhhh! Last I checked this was a war game not hide and seek. Get outta the bushes and fight you sissies! Half these campers are probably the ones on your faction that are not fighting in battles. They don't want to lose units by fighting in battles, but happy to get the free ones for joining a faction and mooching. Plus they don't contribute because they don't fight. I have 3 players on my faction like this right now and will be booting them an hour before battle begins to screw them out of earning units in this next battle. Hopefully they wont be able to get in another faction before battle starts. I am going to let them know why i did what i did too, so they will learn they cant be a mooch and will get called out.

olka
03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Still an issue.

Fix it.

YourPastLife
03-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Wahhhhhh! Last I checked this was a war game not hide and seek. Get outta the bushes and fight you sissies! Half these campers are probably the ones on your faction that are not fighting in battles. They don't want to lose units by fighting in battles, but happy to get the free ones for joining a faction and mooching. Plus they don't contribute because they don't fight. I have 3 players on my faction like this right now and will be booting them an hour before battle begins to screw them out of earning units in this next battle. Hopefully they wont be able to get in another faction before battle starts. I am going to let them know why i did what i did too, so they will learn they cant be a mooch and will get called out.

Im not a camper, I only started playing 3 months ago and do not have a big iph so I can not sustain the cost of unit losses this new rivals list has done to me. I have had to stop PvP because i was getting weaker due to massive expensive unit losses that I could not afford to replace. If they want to keep this rivals list then limit the amount of unit loss or pay out in game cash as a reward for every attack like valor. Then unvaulted cash gets added to the base amount as a bonus and unvaulted is all that the looser looses.

Dutchie
03-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Wahhhhhh! Last I checked this was a war game not hide and seek. Get outta the bushes and fight you sissies! Half these campers are probably the ones on your faction that are not fighting in battles. They don't want to lose units by fighting in battles, but happy to get the free ones for joining a faction and mooching. Plus they don't contribute because they don't fight. I have 3 players on my faction like this right now and will be booting them an hour before battle begins to screw them out of earning units in this next battle. Hopefully they wont be able to get in another faction before battle starts. I am going to let them know why i did what i did too, so they will learn they cant be a mooch and will get called out.Very harsh! If they don't they contribute to the WD event, fair enough, but to leave it to the last minute is not going to go down very well with your other members as they wonder if they will be in for the chop next time. Good luck with that!

krabbie
03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
I have the problem to. I'm level 125 with approx. 126k defence and 87k attack. I used to be able to find loads of weaker players to attack and collect concrete. But since i made the stupid mistake to buy some gold for the composites factory and upgrading it to level 6, I only get paired with strong opponents... Guess the message from gree is that once you've bought gold once, you haveto keep spending money to be able to play... What a shame!

RedCloud
03-26-2013, 10:08 AM

Really? I'm guessing you can still go to your rivals list and find targets that you can attack and win. Get outta the bushes and fight? When you get a rivals list of players with defense from 150k over your attack down to just level with your attack? Attacking the players on the rivals list I've been getting the past couple of weeks would be suicide. I'm not a camper either. Nor do I want to be. If I were a camper I wouldn't even bother looking at my rivals list. If I didn't want to attack, I wouldn't bother opening the damn thing. And I've been on the front lines of every war my faction has fought, with the exception of those where I'm grabbing a few hours' sleep. You clearly don't understand the conversation here or you wouldn't be so quick to insult people who have a legitimate complaint.

CDR Shepard
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Really? I'm guessing you can still go to your rivals list and find targets that you can attack and win. Get outta the bushes and fight? When you get a rivals list of players with defense from 150k over your attack down to just level with your attack? Attacking the players on the rivals list I've been getting the past couple of weeks would be suicide. I'm not a camper either. Nor do I want to be. If I were a camper I wouldn't even bother looking at my rivals list. If I didn't want to attack, I wouldn't bother opening the damn thing. And I've been on the front lines of every war my faction has fought, with the exception of those where I'm grabbing a few hours' sleep. You clearly don't understand the conversation here or you wouldn't be so quick to insult people who have a legitimate complaint.

Don't waste your time on BigTrollTurd, he never posts anything that has required any kind of logic. Almost everyone understands what the issue is Redcloud, and feels your pain

RedCloud
03-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Thx CDR. Haven't been here long enuf to know the players yet. But it's not good to throw gasoline on a bunch of smoldering MWers. Somebody could get burned, lol.

BigD@wg
03-26-2013, 10:40 AM
The problem is the complaints are being ignored or falling on deaf ears. Either way it doesn't appear that it is going to get acknowledged.

I just keep going back to the it has been "requested for so long by so many people." Hmmm.

I saw someone else say it too. Just open the whole thing up. If level 100-140 players can attack me then let me hit on some of those level 30-80campers. Seems only fair at this point!

NaRciS
03-26-2013, 12:21 PM

I don't think it will affect a lot of the campers as when they add allies there stats should be half decent whereas myself and a few other faction members have always been fighters, quickly rising in level without spending as much as we should on getting the base 100% right, so its not about being a sissy us fighters are getting it worse, even with 500 allies I would say 80% of my attack list has stats twice as high, I have had comments about not leaving the game and as I have mentioned in other posts two members have left and sold up there bases... I haven't played with this player since the change and thankfully my main player has changed to this yet..

Which leaves the question what do we have to do to get an answer on this... i mean seriously, even if its confirmation that these are the changes and that's it, at least then we can let players know whats going on in our factions that don't come to the forum....

LagBolt
03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Adding allies doesnt help you at all. You get stronger, your rivals get stronger. You may as well keep at 3 allies and keep and indestructible army. Whats the point of allies now?

RedCloud
03-26-2013, 04:40 PM
LagBolt, I've been thinking and thinking and so far haven't come up with a game strategy that makes sense if you can't PVP. Do you have any ideas? I mean, if Gree won't or can't clean up this mess, is there a way we can salvage our games and still find some fun/entertainment with MW? I don't want to have to quit over this.

mgriss
03-26-2013, 05:59 PM
LagBolt, I've been thinking and thinking and so far haven't come up with a game strategy that makes sense if you can't PVP. Do you have any ideas? I mean, if Gree won't or can't clean up this mess, is there a way we can salvage our games and still find some fun/entertainment with MW? I don't want to have to quit over this.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I don't have it as bad, there are still enough players that I can defeat if I absolutely have to, but unless I'm getting +1 mil per hit by raiding moneybags, there's no way I can do any kind of regular pvp and come out on top. I'm lvl 79 w/ 54k atk and I'm losing valor and very-low casualty rate units to people with 25k def (which is as low as I can find... and even they are extremely rare).

The most frustrating thing is that it doesn't seem to affect everyone... I just talked to someone who is 5 lvls higher than me with 125k a/d who is still finding rivals with less than 20k def... makes me want to quit.

RedCloud
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I don't have it as bad, there are still enough players that I can defeat if I absolutely have to, but unless I'm getting +1 mil per hit by raiding moneybags, there's no way I can do any kind of regular pvp and come out on top. I'm lvl 79 w/ 54k atk and I'm losing valor and very-low casualty rate units to people with 25k def (which is as low as I can find... and even they are extremely rare).

The most frustrating thing is that it doesn't seem to affect everyone... I just talked to someone who is 5 lvls higher than me with 125k a/d who is still finding rivals with less than 20k def... makes me want to quit.

Sorry Mgriss. I know how frustrating it is, and it seems like Gree has no interest in helping us solve this. So we're playing under a handicap. I just keep thinking there must be some strategy we can use to overcome that handicap. IDK, it'll probably take a better mind than mine to come up with something...

DjSCUD
03-27-2013, 12:54 AM
I just don't want to see 4-digit ally players on my PVP list, I have under 100 allies. That means a 2-digit number ... 2-digit vs 4-digit, whose idea was that?! I'm at 600K IPH and I still can't afford to start buying strong units. First, because they die off at the same rate because the low/high casualty no longer makes any difference in raids vs non-money buildings or weaker foes. I lost all the valor along with the units I bought, there is no point to doing anything except missions for entertainment.

LagBolt
03-27-2013, 02:48 AM

There is now no way of being the strongest in your tier. Its an endless ladder.

Looking at the new LE set is interesting. Gree must be losing money to resort to giving out 2 piece LE sets. But you shouldn't buy them. Gold units are pointless- they will get you nowhere now, you will just get put with stronger people still.

Im still shocked that CJ hasnt even acknowledged this thread and the feedback he asked for.

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 05:09 AM
There is now no way of being the strongest in your tier. Its an endless ladder.

Looking at the new LE set is interesting. Gree must be losing money to resort to giving out 2 piece LE sets. But you shouldn't buy them. Gold units are pointless- they will get you nowhere now, you will just get put with stronger people still.

Im still shocked that CJ hasnt even acknowledged this thread and the feedback he asked for.

Same here. It bothered me a lot that CJ found time to answer everybody's questions about the LTQ but couldn't stop in to give us even a quick update on the rivals list. If I knew for sure that it's staying the way it is, I'd quit. As long as there's some chance they'll revert to the old formula, I'll try to stick around. But no more gold purchases till I know. I'm not even doing Tapjoy anymore. I'm just doing the minimum to try to keep my game alive till either something changes or till I hear from Gree that it isn't going to change.

WI(AusNz)
03-27-2013, 05:27 AM
^ too hard basket

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 05:47 AM
^ too hard basket

LOL, here in the States we have something called the "circular file." It's the next stop after the too hard basket.

LagBolt
03-27-2013, 05:55 AM
Blame PJ. (joke)

CJ said that people had been calling for it to be changed to be based on "power". Is this thread what you were talking about CJ?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40678-Rivals-List-Visibility

If so, about 5 people supported the idea and got it changed. But when everyone now opposes the change in practice, there is nothing but silence?

Just say something gree. Get it changed back

DunkNL
03-27-2013, 06:26 AM
Since this change I have lost 92 of my 300 expert attack drones already, and just no way to get enough valor to buy them back :(

BigD@wg
03-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Blame PJ. (joke)

CJ said that people had been calling for it to be changed to be based on "power". Is this thread what you were talking about CJ?

If so, about 5 people supported the idea and got it changed. But when everyone now opposes the change in practice, there is nothing but silence?

Just say something gree. Get it changed back

That poll really had more to do with the "whale zone" and the level 90s glitch at that time. L90 players were showing up in the whale zone. I have never agreed with the way top players can see all the way down to L130 and still don't.

This new rivals list is complete garbage. I spent a lot of money to be strong at my level. Completely wasted.

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
That poll really had more to do with the "whale zone" and the level 90s glitch at that time. L90 players were showing up in the whale zone. I have never agreed with the way top players can see all the way down to L130 and still don't.

This new rivals list is complete garbage. I spent a lot of money to be strong at my level. Completely wasted.

You know Dawg, the whales don't bother me all that much (I'm over 130). It doesn't hurt me any more to get hit by an 800k attack player than it does to get hit by somebody at 80k. They both win, but the unit losses I see aren't all that different. So I don't care if they see me. I just wish MY rivals list wasn't so full of them. My list now runs about 85% players completely out of my reach (including a fair number of whales), and 15% with unboosted defense at or just a bit below my attack strength. It's pretty much shut me down.

But I definitely hear you about money--real money--spent pursuing a legit strategy and then the developers come along and invalidate that strategy. Sure would be nice to get a refund wouldn't it?

BigD@wg
03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
You know Dawg, the whales don't bother me all that much (I'm over 130). It doesn't hurt me any more to get hit by an 800k attack player than it does to get hit by somebody at 80k. They both win, but the unit losses I see aren't all that different. So I don't care if they see me. I just wish MY rivals list wasn't so full of them. My list now runs about 85% players completely out of my reach (including a fair number of whales), and 15% with unboosted defense at or just a bit below my attack strength. It's pretty much shut me down.

But I definitely hear you about money--real money--spent pursuing a legit strategy and then the developers come along and invalidate that strategy. Sure would be nice to get a refund wouldn't it?

It sure would be nice. Would love a refund!

olka
03-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Same here - 90% of my rival list is people with vastly different stats to mine.

I only have 40 allies and they have 200-600.

Worst. Algorithm. Ever.

LagBolt
03-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Worst. Algorithm. Ever.

Agree.

where are you CJ, when will this be changed back?

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 11:54 AM
It's been nearly three weeks since CJ asked what we think of the new algorithm, and though he's made appearances on other threads (e.g., yesterday he was here helping people figure out the new event), he's never come back to respond to us on this topic. It's been on the front page of the forum for all that time, but not a peep from the devs. I believe we're being ignored in the hope we'll just go away...quit the game, whatever. Apparently this doesn't affect enough players to be worth their time.

All you players who weren't negatively affected by the new algorithm, watch and learn. This is what you can expect from Gree when something goes wrong with your game.

olka
03-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Still a massive issue for me.

Everyone on my rivals currently has 4x as many allies as me.

Please fix.

olka
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm.

krabbie
03-28-2013, 03:14 AM
Would like to go back to seeing all kinds of rivals from my level, or to see rivals that are playing as long as i am, so we can finally demolish those campers!

Sucker
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Another opinion:

If you look on this thread...

...you can see Pirate Justice reply, especially "It COULD be grouped by attack and defense capability"

And Gree do this. Maybe if Pirate Justice tell to Gree "Change it back" or at least "fix casualty bug" - they finally do something.

(nothing personal buddy ;))

Skyser30518
03-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Just chacking in to see if anyone has responded yet. CJ, I know you are all extremely busy trying to make this game better, but please, please, please respond to this thread and share Gree's intentions on the rival list. I could have dealt with the casualties, but the new rival list rendered this LTE unplayable for me, evwn after dumping gold at the beginning. I finally had to stop due to the list I had and the inability to drop and add allies to search for buildings I could raid and people I could beat.

RedCloud
03-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Ive found when a person hits you for cash they will keep looking for you again and again becuase they know you will overvault,

one thing you can do to blend in a bit more is keep changing your profile avatar, choose one that is most commonly used like one of the ones with the brown or green soldier helmet. If you have an avatar that sticks out or is a bit more rare than others some people scrolling down the list looking for you will look at the avatars first.

At least make them work for it and have them read your names!

I never go over vault, own no ltd buildings and have a pretty average IPH. I wear the brown helmet...nothing distinctive about me but my name, which will become either Sir or Alex just as soon as the new name change option becomes available. I don't actually get many re-visits, and don't really draw many attacks or raids most of the time, but this event has been brutal. (P.S. Back when I had a usable rival's list I used to look for the off-color names, the kind of names junior high school kids would tend to choose. It was surprising how many people who chose those those names turned out to be very low def targets--high attack sometimes, but low def almost always.)

tony5560
03-28-2013, 11:12 AM
My rivals list stays at one level sometimes two levels my other buddies that play the game can see up to six or seven levels up or down is there someway I can do the same

LagBolt
03-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Another opinion:

If you look on this thread...

...you can see Pirate Justice reply, especially "It COULD be grouped by attack and defense capability"

And Gree do this. Maybe if Pirate Justice tell to Gree "Change it back" or at least "fix casualty bug" - they finally do something.

(nothing personal buddy ;))

lol, i just posted that yeasterday.

You must have seen this thread CJ, why no answer? Whats gree hiding?

RedCloud
03-28-2013, 02:37 PM
lol, i just posted that yeasterday.

You must have seen this thread CJ, why no answer? Whats gree hiding?

But they didn't do what Pirate Justice suggested. The point in that thread was to get lower defense players off the list of the whales. I've got a guy showing up on my rival's list with over 600k attack. My defense is in the 80k range. That is most definitely not what PJ was suggesting. I know PJ can be cryptic, but he was pretty clear on this one.

BigD@wg
03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh...why won't you respond to us Gree??? What do we have to do to get this changed back?

Forest
03-29-2013, 08:28 AM
I just want to keep this thread at the top, as this is ridiculous, maybe if we complain long enough and loud enough they will switch it back.

The new algorithm makes no sense to me. Apparently people at a higher level and with more allies can see me, but I never see them. How is that possible? BTW I am a very LLP (<25) and this affects me. I can no longer be the strongest player at my level, because level effectively doesn't matter anymore.

:mad:

WI(AusNz)
03-29-2013, 11:11 PM
I think we experience this problem very differently.

I am probably the strongest on my rival list but once i am over-vaulted, i get smacked by rivals many 1000s allies higher. I cannot see them back.

Getting smacked by rivals when overvaulted is acceptable if they are on your rival range, but many 1000s above you is not fair. Goes back to the fact that its not worth buying gold because you can always outpace your rivals, but you cannot outpace your rivals who are many 1000s allies stronger.

If this was suggested by Pirates, it goes to proove that once you spend many $1000s in this game, you stop being a player and start being a partner.

LagBolt
03-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Goes back to the fact that its not worth buying gold because you can always outpace your rivals, but you cannot outpace your rivals who are many 1000s allies stronger.

I just wish more people would realize this. Gold is pointless now. You should never buy gold units ever again.

Actually, I might as well have an army of 4 tree snipers for what its worth. It wont make a difference to the people that attack me. Its all relative.

Philly982
03-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Getting smacked by rivals when overvaulted is acceptable if they are on your rival range, but many 1000s above you is not fair. Goes back to the fact that its not worth buying gold because you can always outpace your rivals, but you cannot outpace your rivals who are many 1000s allies stronger.

If this was suggested by Pirates, it goes to proove that once you spend many $1000s in this game, you stop being a player and start being a partner.

1000s of allies really makes no difference since the most that can be utilized is 500, thus bringing a maximum of 2000 units to battle. What makes a huge difference is being attacked by someone many, many levels above as they have the potential to have many more skill points. It is up to everyone how they want to spend their skill points, but someone at the level 30 for example has just not had the opportunity to accumulate enough attack or defense skill points to gend off against a level 50 player. Unless one resides in pirate cove they will never be the best in this game, but at least in the "good ole days" of the previous rival list one could strive to be the best they could be around their level. To me this enticed players to spend gold, put in time, and to look forward to establishing a goal. The new rival list has taken all of that away. It really has not adversely affected me too much, since I can attack levels much higher than me and get more BPs which is nice. Despite this, the new rivals list has taken a lot of the fun out of the game and at least personally any incentive to ever spend real money on this game again.

Rapg635
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Hey CJ. A reply on this issue would really be great, but should, in all fairness, be required. Why not address the issue/complaint. I have worked very hard trying to build a base, with light gold use, to participate with similar rivals. But to suddenly be attacked and raided by someone 70+ levels above me, is ludicrous. If they had very similar stats it would be one thing. But 30k higher is difficult, let alone, 300k. Absurd. No one should be able to see up or down a fixed amount of levels. Make it 10, maybe 15. But more is ridiculous. Please respond. Thnaks

RedCloud
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm seriously losing hope that we'll ever get a response on this one. Every time I log into the forum I'm confronted by new complaints, new problems. This new rivals algorithm has been in place for a month now and I'm sure people are getting sick of hearing about it. I understand that many aren't being negatively affected, but enough of us are that it should receive some kind of attention. This is a WAR game. What kind of war game deprives it's players of the opportunity to attack other players? What kind of war game sets it up so that the cost in casualties far exceeds what can be earned in raids? Do the developers actually think this is good design? If they do, then I sure wish they'd come share their thinking with the rest of us.

YourPastLife
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Mine got changed again in the last couple of days, first I had the normal list, then last war I got changed to seeing 15 levels up and 5 levels down, and now it is 3 levels up and down. I am level 95 and of average strength yet can not attack 95% of the people on my rivals list and am still getting attack by people 20 levels above me.

Alo
04-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Mine got changed again in the last couple of days, first I had the normal list, then last war I got changed to seeing 15 levels up and 5 levels down, and now it is 3 levels up and down. I am level 95 and of average strength yet can not attack 95% of the people on my rivals list and am still getting attack by people 20 levels above me.

yup, something was changed. Before I saw 100-300 allies ppl, now 30-350 (before change it was 30-200 allies). Not many attacks by levels 10-20 above me, but it still does happen (although I dont see them).

Jammed Up
04-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Ever since the WD event I've been losing massive amounts of units for nearly every attack I make regardless of my opponent's level.

For example, I attack someone who has roughly half my A/D stats, and I might lose a $560K Rapid-Fire Attack vehicle, 2 Eagle jets and a $330K Harrier. Yeah, a million bucks out the door for a few valor points.

Or, I raid a base and hit a target that gives me $30K...but I lose a GIGN, another $560K Rapid-Fire Attack vehicle, a KC-135 Stratotanker, and a Chinook (or similar units).

The point is I'm losing about 10 or 20 times what I'm able to bring in, and it happens ON NEARLY EVERY ATTACK. I can't even shoot a storage silo without losing a million bucks worth of inventory.

There's no way this is sustainable. There's no way I'll be able to buy or field enough units to do anything. If this keeps up I'm done with this game.

---------------------------------------------------
My stats for those who might be interested:

Level 87
1320 allies
Attack: 40,100
Defense: 48,200

mxz
04-02-2013, 06:30 AM
You could just stop attacking people who are causing casualties.

Jammed Up
04-02-2013, 06:58 AM
You could just stop attacking people who are causing casualties.

I think maybe you're not understanding what I wrote.

In short, attacking anyone or anything causes massive losses in equipment.

It's not just certain people or targets, it's everything, and it didn't used to be this way. Something has changed in the game and it's basically going to run me out of gear. When that happens I'm done playing, because there's no way to make up for the losses.

I attack a player with half my stats (or even a third of my stats) and lose a million bucks worth of gear. Yeah, I "win", but in fact it's a huge loss for me in every other respect.

So essentially I'll have to stop attacking and raiding, and at that point what good is the game?

Seriously, something is wrong and it started immediately after the WD event ended. That's not some odd coincidence, that's some kind of bug in the game's algorithms. This never happened before; the change was immediate and dramatic.

If they don't fix it I won't be able to play anymore, and I'm sure I'm not the only one this is happening to.

LagBolt
04-03-2013, 01:41 PM
This isnt going away gree...

Why are you so quiet on this and the casualty problem? Still in the Caribbean smoking $100 bills?