PDA

View Full Version : Should There Be A Skill Point Respect Option

Nxy
03-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Should there be a respect option and how much would you pay for that option?
I gotta admit I really messes up the skill points on my character. Kinda hard to make up for being lvl 73 and around 45% of my skill points are placed in the wrong stats. So I just wanted to post a forum and see what everyone else thinks.

Nxy
03-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Wow that's a lot i was thinking along the lines of 1500 gems. Large cost but at a point or another your only paying it because of your own stupidity Like me

Ms Pickles
03-08-2013, 03:52 AM
This is not the same funzio game since GreeDy overtook it. The game is different like with all the events one after the other. It means we have to play differently so there should be a re-spec. Even with guilds now, it is important to have points in Att/Def. In old times before GreeDy only monster damage was more important.

P4TR1C14N
03-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Even if I had the option to 're-spec' i wouldn't do it as we still don't know what effect any of these values exactly has. Only for hero strength there is a rough information.

Nxy
03-08-2013, 05:25 AM
Even if I had the option to 're-spec' i wouldn't do it as we still don't know what effect any of these values exactly has. Only for hero strength there is a rough information.
I somewhat agree with you but as for me I've noticed the 50 points of stam really is over kill the higher lvl i get the more people i find to have camped and there vault limits are incredibly large. I've attacked random people going from the highest number of allies and just went down the list. My attack is just really high so i rarely loose. One right after another and the adverage amount of gold I normally see is around 400-600 I attack the high ends i attack the lowbies. I've just started hitting refreshed and just clicking down the line but as you lvl people wise up. They stop leaving large amounts sitting there. That attack and Defense thou along with str and maybe around 20 stam I'd be good. I'd pay to lvl out and take back my stupidity.

Zenobia
03-08-2013, 06:33 AM
My thoughts exactly. My 20 stamina is a no-brainer for me, for my game - wouldn't change that. But if I had any clue whatsoever what attack and defense does (or doesn't do) for me, I would know whether I want to move any of those to hero strength, or the reverse for all I know.

[MoC] Ian McGrath
03-08-2013, 06:40 AM
I think if they offered re-spec for gems you'd have gem players shooting their skill points around for every event; so they probably won't do that; but they could offer a one-time per player option to re-spec.

Nxy
03-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Ya i know that Gem players would constantly change there stats around for each event but if you made the cost steep enough say like 1500 gems then i know they would really really rethink re spec for an even when seeing as how they would have to spend another 1500 gems just to make progress like they do. It would really limit what goes on. Only thing i see them really re specing for would be the quests. Boss battles are not affected by your attack and defense stat points. The box events are the same way. Your stats don,t affect the box drop rate or what it will yield. I would cause alot more players to respec prior to battles thou. I just think it should be considered an option. Even if it's like you said Ian A one time ordeal. Or at least a lvl like at lvl 80 you can respec and at lvl 120 or just something unreasonable. As a Greater reward or something. I think if they did it thou they would probly charge as of to get some money out of it. Gem users are still going to use gems to progress in the event even after they buy the respec.

[MoC] Ian McGrath
03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Ya i know that Gem players would constantly change there stats around for each event but if you made the cost steep enough say like 1500 gems then i know they would really really rethink re spec for an even when seeing as how they would have to spend another 1500 gems just to make progress like they do. It would really limit what goes on. Only thing i see them really re specing for would be the quests. Boss battles are not affected by your attack and defense stat points. The box events are the same way. Your stats don,t affect the box drop rate or what it will yield. I would cause alot more players to respec prior to battles thou. I just think it should be considered an option. Even if it's like you said Ian A one time ordeal. Or at least a lvl like at lvl 80 you can respec and at lvl 120 or just something unreasonable. As a Greater reward or something. I think if they did it thou they would probly charge as of to get some money out of it. Gem users are still going to use gems to progress in the event even after they buy the respec.

I like the idea of people about to re-spec ever 20-25 levels. That would be cool.

Nxy
03-08-2013, 07:05 AM
It would keep gem users from constantly re specing but only time can tell. Anyone know if any of the developers ever posted a reply to a similar thread with a future thought? I mean I know I wasnt the first to come up with a similar thread talking about this. Atleast i hope im not the first. I just think it should be an option and i would really like to hear some reasoning to why we cant. Even if it's just a generic answer from the developer saying anything that'll be fine. So anyone read any post like that?

Battle Mage
03-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Anyone know if any of the developers ever posted a reply to a similar thread with a future thought?

So anyone read any post like that?

Nxy this has been discussed at length here before.
CJ54 recently responded in the 'KA Wishlist' thread to the effect that its not gonna happen. Any time soon anyway.

Apparently they tried it in Crime City coz everyone was whinging about stats and wanted to re-spec.
So they allowed it and people changed to what suited them at that point in time.
Then they all whinged to change again when their situations changed...

'twas a cluster.

Nxy
03-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Nxy this has been discussed at length here before.
CJ54 recently responded in the 'KA Wishlist' thread to the effect that its not gonna happen. Any time soon anyway.

Apparently they tried it in Crime City coz everyone was whinging about stats and wanted to re-spec.
So they allowed it and people changed to what suited them at that point in time.
Then they all whinged to change again when their situations changed...

'twas a cluster.
Thank you battle mage That answered my question directly. It's always worth a shot to make it like a 1 time thing or like at lvl 100 you can respec once.

Nxy
03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Funny thing thou is no one has really any idea where to put all there points. One thing is for sure stam at 20 rather than 50 is alot better of a choice. I really wish i could take back those 60 points. I cant really say where all the points would go be i'd be willing to pay for the option if it ever came around. Or stop camping and rush to lvl 100 to respec if that was the case. I still frown every time i open up KA and see 50 stam thou. Attack after attack after attack i'll clear the list and still be there attacking. Kinda makes me dread making that my main objective of raising that so high. still not entirly sure on where all those points would go thou. I've seen the difference that defense stat makes and the difference that attack makes as well. While it is true there is no exact number on how much this affects your battle you do notice it after a while when you get 30+ skill points in that stat. Str i've found to be good around 40. Past that you really just need to upgrade your gear. with just 40 points in str i was able to make it threw codex to 24 (H) I will not buy gems to make it that final stretch so i just laughed it off. I think if i had a 200 skill points i would go along the line of 40 str 20 stam 40 attack and 40 defense but then again that's just me.