PDA

View Full Version : Just putting out what everyone is thinking - and please dont hate me.

Mr T Perfect
03-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Can anyone beat the pirates?

Mr T Perfect
03-07-2013, 04:25 PM
And are there any total free playing factions that ranked in the top 250?

just trying to work out if spending thousands of dollars on a game actually increases your stats that much?

Dudebot121256
03-07-2013, 04:26 PM
I doubt anyone will beat PUN. They are a heavy gold spending faction. I also don't think there are any pure free top 250 factions out there.

Mr T Perfect
03-07-2013, 04:28 PM
True - PUN and Ferr are big spenders.

But proportionallity wise.. is the amount of bonus they are getting from top 3 faction units giving them enough of a boost over those totally free players.

thats why i was asking if any totally free playing factions made the top 250? or top 100 even?

Starling
03-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Mr. T......The answer is no. I'm not a Pirate. But when you see the point differential during the wars, PUN is in a league of their own. Hats off to them because that takes hard work and dedication. Now Ferr and Super Faction are forces to be admired as well. So can you get top 250 without gold? Yep but your faction would be hard pressed and would have to work really crazy like throughout the campaign. Even then it will be close, too close.

Good luck.

Mr T Perfect
03-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Starling.

thats why i was putting this out there - no offence to PUN and i know Pirate is on the boards tonight.

If you gain enjoyment and fullfillment in life from playing MW - then all good.

If like me you play for free and for the fun and social eliment - then faction wars has opened this game up. To in my opinion to be a much better product than it was.

Any priates on wanting to comment.

Dudebot121256
03-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Starling.

thats why i was putting this out there - no offence to PUN and i know Pirate is on the boards tonight.

If you gain enjoyment and fullfillment in life from playing MW - then all good.

If like me you play for free and for the fun and social eliment - then faction wars has opened this game up. To in my opinion to be a much better product than it was.

Any priates on wanting to comment.I don't see anything even slight offensive to PUN here :) Besides, PJ seems to be in a good mood.

Mr T Perfect
03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I know - i just read his happy happy thread - must have got a big bonus at work?

Dudebot121256
03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I know - i just read his happy happy thread - must have got a big bonus at work?I'm not sure but I fear for the one that angers him.

Trebor
03-07-2013, 04:41 PM
I'd be shocked if I diddnt see PUN on every country truly making it world domination ! My thoughts and 2 cents worth !

Mr T Perfect
03-07-2013, 04:45 PM
this is what this forum needs every now and again

rather than just moaning that support are not responding promptly enough.

an open debate on the current game play within MW.

i two believe that when the time comes to finsih off the world and start all over again - PUN will have dominated the entire planet.

Or maybe that could be a good expansion - MW into space?? battle for the moon?

Mad
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
If PUN puts its stamp on every country, then I think after a while interest in factions will dry up. I am not panning PUN at all, they are playing the game as it was intended. However, the low to medium gold spenders need some incentive to continue play.

My suggestion is to come up with a faction war, every once in a while, that gives every faction an equal opportunity to win -- not just the big gold spenders. I am not sure what the goal would be or how it could be played, but I am sure it could be worked out.

Speed ump
03-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Mr t, the boosts and relative strength of our members actually don't help in the WD events. They only help win against individual players in the regular game. As I have said before, the WD event is about who can spend the most gold. Mad, there are many forms of competition where teams enter and compete, knowing they have no chance of Catullus winning the event, but do have opportunity to I prove their position against other teams who are closer to their levels. I road race motorcycles. I did not brae gin doing this until my early 30s, not had I been on a sport bike until that time, always cruisers. I was never going to be the fastest. As long as I beat some of the friends I've made who are closer to my level, I am happy. We trade smack talk about who wins and why, make excuses why we did not. I bet I have more fun than the ones up front, they feel the pressure to always be first, it's more like work for them. It still takes a lot of effort on my part, and you cannot approach it as play. But you can have fun. Gree is here to make money. Therefore any competition will revolve around who can spend more. There is no incentive for them to provide a level field as no one would spend if free players can do just as well as they can by spending. I just don't see a model that works. Compete at the level in which you can. Learn to have some fun talking smack with the ones closest to you, then congratulate them on their efforts at the end.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
This game is fun for all who seek fun. Gree could offer two versions of WD. Leave WD alone, and all are free to partake. But, have a parallel event for FREE players only. If you choose the FREE event, gold is not allowed. Gree will evolve this event in their own way and on their own schedule. Gree is open to suggestions. Just send in game tickets, and it'll be routed to the right people within Gree's hierarchy.

Alo
03-08-2013, 06:57 AM
well, its very simple. Gree should make from time to time WD special event, where NO GOLD is allowed. It means, health regens with gold etc are not possible. Where it doesnt matter how deep are your pockets, just Ur activity. This would be a fun event ;) Although big teams already have very good health regen won from last wars.

Crypt
03-08-2013, 08:00 AM
why would gree want to focus on just free players? gold is god in this game so if your a free player good on you but dont expect to be getting the top rewards.

S&H Max
03-08-2013, 08:09 AM
I dont like the idea of no gold, I dont use it but if no one spends money how will the game survive?

Stop hating those big spenders without them we wouldnt have a game to talk about!

4Nik8R
03-08-2013, 08:12 AM
The top factions have dominated so far and congrats to them. My question is, can they keep it up before the well runs dry? Best of luck to everybody today!

Crypt
03-08-2013, 08:16 AM
The top factions have dominated so far and congrats to them. My question is, can they keep it up before the well runs dry? Best of luck to everybody today!

have you been watching the mw wd show so far ? the hole goes deep.....very deep

Alo
03-08-2013, 08:42 AM
why would gree want to focus on just free players? gold is god in this game so if your a free player good on you but dont expect to be getting the top rewards.

I said SPECIAL events, not all the time. If it wasnt for free players, there wouldt be any gold playes either. Both are needed.

I dont like the idea of no gold, I dont use it but if no one spends money how will the game survive?

Stop hating those big spenders without them we wouldnt have a game to talk about!

I dont hate the spenders, they are needed, same as free players are needed. One cannot do without the other. Problem is, that this games tend to be TOO MUCH towards gold ppl, U can get Urself to top with gold basically instantly, while in normal games, it is required to work a little too, even with gold.

Web323
03-08-2013, 08:47 AM
A free tier would be interesting since some of us would do it to see how we could finish without gold.

Stellaman
03-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm interested to see how ACE does in Eygpt, I'm guessing others are as well...

mxz
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I dont like the idea of no gold, I dont use it but if no one spends money how will the game survive?They could monetize it like a poker tournament. You buy into the event for, say $5 a faction member or $200 a faction or something (might need some extra programming as to how to split costs with that method). Gold would only be used for the buy in so every faction is on level(ish) ground.

Then it just comes down to who is the most dedicated, organized and tactically sound.

Web323
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
@ MXZ, that would be an interesting way to do it. Then actually make the prizes worth something.

Sillybeans
03-08-2013, 01:55 PM
WD event's are bought with gold there are other events that can be done without gold with careful planning ...

procsyzarc
03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm interested to see how ACE does in Eygpt, I'm guessing others are as well...

4th same as last time should just cost slightly less since we have 12 more people this time.