PDA

View Full Version : For CJ - support methods

teo
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Do you know that old way of dealing with a pile of papers? "When it is ye high, throw out the bottom two thirds - those who care will call back and the rest probably didn't matter"

I just got two automated messages from support regarding open tickets essentially going by that approach. In effect the emails said "we haven't touched your issue for a long time, we hope that it went away by itself"

A word of caution. If you start doing this your problem of being behind on tickets will get alot worse because people will quickly learn that after x amount of time your ticket has been ignored and they will resubmit. Up until now I have accepted whatever the response time has been because I trust that eventually it will be looked at.

The new tactic will prove a big mistake. I strongly encourage your team to abandon it immediately.

EDIT: CJ, I am attempting to bring something to your attention. It seems that my post have ticked people off. I am only trying to forewarn that instead of solving a problem (backlog) the new solution could make it worse by triggering an unintended user response (reposting tickets). I fail to see this is a threat, but if you feel that it is, I do apologize. If you/company does not want user feedback via forum please feel free to let me know and I will abstain in the future. Sincerely,

mxz
03-07-2013, 01:48 PM
When I'm frustrated and want someone to change something - I feebly threaten them, too.

Save yourself from embarrassment and use the Delete Thread option.

Justsimply
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
When I'm frustrated and want someone to change something - I feebly threaten them, too.

Save yourself from embarrassment and use the Delete Thread option.

Agreed, those support teams are extremely busy and nothing here is life or death. Don't want an automated message? Don't send a ticket

AFed
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
With a name like teo, perhaps you have imaginary support tickets?

PuckinWebGuy
03-07-2013, 01:59 PM
I find the best way to deal with any support company is to threaten them and point out where they are wrong. I continue by showing them how much smarter I am than they are, and inform them that they should be ecstatic to have me as a customer and that I could easily take my business elsewhere, causing their revenue to drop by 0.0001%. At this point, they always admit the error of their ways, compliment me on my greater intelligence, kneel before me, and grovel for forgiveness. If I decide to grant forgiveness, they drop everything else until I am completely satisfied. You should try it.

@ puckingwebguy: Here is an snippet from CJ's new post regarding forum conduct. You should read it

Glad to see you think CJ is doing something right.

zwiswoo
03-07-2013, 02:07 PM
I agree with teo, but man Gree has its gamers well trained...someone gripes about the well known issue of the company having absolutely lousy customer service (even on questions about money) and the immediate response of the board is essentially customer is always wrong, or how dare you say naughty things about the holy corporation.

Justsimply
03-07-2013, 02:11 PM
I highly disagree with this statement. Gree customer support has always been very good to me, no where would I describe their abilities as "lousy". Just picture yourself at the local Wal-mart going to return something and have 100k people in the line up. The difference from them to gree support is they would still treat you with respect, and that is more important than the speediness of the response

I agree with teo, but man Gree has its gamers well trained...someone gripes about the well known issue of the company having absolutely lousy customer service (even on questions about money) and the immediate response of the board is essentially customer is always wrong, or how dare you say naughty things about the holy corporation.

zwiswoo
03-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I highly disagree with this statement. Gree customer support has always been very good to me, no where would I describe their abilities as "lousy". Just picture yourself at the local Wal-mart going to return something and have 100k people in the line up. The difference from them to gree support is they would still treat you with respect, and that is more important than the speediness of the response

Well, let me just say I have had the precise experience teo mentioned, that one of my tickets recently was automatically closed with a form response after ~20 days of wait time.

I also had an order problem this week involving a hundred dollar purchase (I know that's not much for a high spender here but it's enough to get a frickin kindle) and gree didn't even assign the ticket to anyone. I emailed *google* in frustration - they didn't even fulfill the order, they just own the app store - and matters were resolved in under six hours.

Gree makes fun games and I quite like Crime City, but the claim that they have superior customer support doesn't pass the laugh test.

Edit: please note that google isn't even the company I'd have blamed for an unsolved issue. They're not the developer, probably not the one making the lion's share of that $100, and they're a far bigger company anyway, so I matter even less to them. But they do have decent customer support. (I can make similar statements from experience about Apple too, it's not about ios or android)

teo
03-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Really mxz? Do you think I am threatening? I was just trying to highlight something I know isn't going to produce results for them...

Anyways, I am not expecting anything, if CJ/Team doesn't care, then: oh well.

I find it amusing that a lot people likes to complain, but if they catch other people complaining they are quick to say 'don't complain!' Everybody lives in a glass house.....careful when throwing the rocks..

@ puckingwebguy: Here is an snippet from CJ's new post regarding forum conduct. You should read it

Welcome to the forums! We aim to provide a fun and positive place for everyone to post about their experiences with our games. To that end, we require that everyone read and follow the guidelines below.

Please DO:
Keep posts constructive
Treat your fellow forum goers (who love the games as much as you do) with respect
etc

Really, you should read it.

mxz
03-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Really mxz? Do you think I am threatening?Sorry, didn't realize giving the ole "You'll be sorry" routine was no longer a threat. I must be stuck in 2013.
The new tactic will prove a big mistake. I strongly encourage your team to abandon it immediately.You can say that stuff when you're Bam Bam or Sam, but coming from an unknown commodity, whose approach wasn't meant to be constructive...you just look like a whiney noob. Keep the threats to yourself. If you've got a better approach I'm sure they wouldn't mind hearing it - just do it in the proper tone and use the proper medium. Hint: posting it to the forum isn't the right medium for that stuff.

teo
03-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I have seen plenty of posts saying that CJ's inbox is swamped. Instead of being rude and passing judgment on 'proper' tone and medium, you could share what a better medium then is, if you happen to have that information?

I have added an 'edit' to my OP btw

name
03-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Why is everybody PMS'ing on the OP?

Ok, so maybe he does come around a little bit rough in choosing his words and maybe you totally don't agree on his views or belief, but advising to remove a thread based on not agreeing on someones ideas or writing style while he obviously doesn't intent to be rude or demeaning? Seriously? If you don't like the post, just move on..

For what it's worth, it does bother me a tiny little bit when gree mass-closes tickets and I do think it is not a smart way of dealing with tickets. I do think gree should think about whether this is the right move.

What does bother me a little bit more is that I think the forum should be open and available for all players (not just the respected / old ones), and that topics should be (within reason) discussable without everbody going into negative feedback, if CJ or admin thinks the topic is too extreme i'm fairly certain he doesn't need us to use his superpowers.

teo
03-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Why is everybody PMS'ing on the OP?

Ok, so maybe he does come around a little bit rough in choosing his words and maybe you totally don't agree on his views or belief, but advising to remove a threat based on not agreeing on someones ideas or writing style while he obviously doesn't intent to be rude or demeaning? Seriously? If you don't like the post, just move on..

For what it's worth, it does bother me a tiny little bit when gree mass-closes tickets and I do think it is not a smart way of dealing with tickets. I do think gree should think about whether this is the right move.

What does bother me a little bit more is that I think the forum should be open and available for all players (not just the respected / old ones), and that topics should be (within reason) discussable without everbody going into negative feedback, if CJ or admin thinks the topic is too extreme i'm fairly certain he doesn't need us to use his superpowers.

I think that was a well balanced post name. Thank you for your contribution.

Just for clarity, I know you mean 'thread' and not 'threat' in your reponse.

I have no problem accepting if I didn't chose the best words - hence I had already added an edit. Like you mention it is a bit disappointing to see how negatively people respond.

Starting out playing Crime City I did think this was more of a testosterone fueled game but perhaps as you mention in your opening line it is not the case.

If CJ isn't interested this post will surely just quietly disappear from the list and that's that.