PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Feature and Support Policy Change: Name Changes

CJ54
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Hello all,

We understand that changing account names is an aspect of the game that players enjoy. As many of you know, it has been our policy to allow account name changes upon request since the launch of the game. Due to increased popularity of our games and the addition of factions/guilds/syndicates, the volume of requests for name changes has risen dramatically in the last several months. This is currently a manual process and impacts our ability to address all inquiries in a timely manner.

It is our goal to improve player experience by offering our players more control over their accounts. As a result, we plan to allow players to change account names in app (following the normal rules for name changes, i.e. they have to fit our guidelines for acceptable names). This will provide players with the ability to update their account at a time of their choosing immediately.

To support this transition, we’ve updated our policy to no longer offer name changes via support request, effective MONDAY 3-11-13. We will honor all requests that have been submitted to the support system on or prior to MONDAY 3-11-13. Once the ability to change account names in app is available we will make announcement in our forums.

Thank you for your understanding,

Team GREE

VileDoom
03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Excellent. ;)

Cen246
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Great news !

Dexter Morgan
03-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Great!!!!!!

Acidist
03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Coool:cool:

MaximumFun
03-07-2013, 11:55 AM
You're the best, CJ. I don't care what everybody else says about you. :)

Jixx
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Hello all,

We understand that changing account names is an aspect of the game that players enjoy. As many of you know, it has been our policy to allow account name changes upon request since the launch of the game. Due to increased popularity of our games and the addition of factions/guilds/syndicates, the volume of requests for name changes has risen dramatically in the last several months. This is currently a manual process and impacts our ability to address all inquiries in a timely manner.

It is our goal to improve player experience by offering our players more control over their accounts. As a result, we plan to allow players to change account names in app (following the normal rules for name changes, i.e. they have to fit our guidelines for acceptable names). This will provide players with the ability to update their account at a time of their choosing immediately.

To support this transition, we’ve updated our policy to no longer offer name changes via support request, effective MONDAY 3-11-13. We will honor all requests that have been submitted to the support system on or prior to MONDAY 3-11-13. Once the ability to change account names in app is available we will make announcement in our forums.

Thank you for your understanding,

Team GREE

main question i have now is, free or for gems? And if gems, how many?

[MoC] Ian McGrath
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM

I propose an added cost for anyone who wants to change their name to something moronic and juvenile that still passes their guidelines. I just encountered a "pussysandwich" in CC. I'm not sure whether to be offended, disgusted, or just confused but that name should cost at least 1000 gems.

VileDoom
03-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Ian McGrath;631809']I propose an added cost for anyone who wants to change their name to something moronic and juvenile that still passes their guidelines. I just encountered a "pussysandwich" in CC. I'm not sure whether to be offended, disgusted, or just confused but that name should cost at least 1000 gems.

I think GREE's range for acceptable names is a little passive. I have seen more than my share of "questionable" names in my travels.

Lord VIX
03-07-2013, 12:09 PM
That is nice for everybody

The Big Weezy
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Great news. I'm happy to see a response to this issue.

Sir Marcus
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Great news! Thank you Gree!

itsaklayton
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks, it will make guild identification easier.

Me&You
03-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Your name may change, but if you stuck your head on my wall, I still know where you are.
(Insert Evil Laugh)

I do plan to change mine and just haven't cause I'm too lazy to type a request... I'll still wait for the feature before I do it.

Jean marc
03-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Great news

Spydrax
03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Great news

Just had to comment: Great signature photo!

And yes, the news is good too. I've only changed my name once since '84 and that was recent when I joined a clan for the first time and put the initials in front... Only took GREE 2 days to flip, but I know others do it more often.

Mickeytah
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Will there be a limit on how many times you can change your name? Also, I think if there is going to be a cost involved it should be gold not gems.

Chasey
03-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Is it, or will it be possible to change the name of our guild? When I created the guild I did not envision 34 strong active members who are very keen to make this guild work! Now it seems the name 'Don't Hurt Me' may not be the ferocious banner that strikes fear into the heart of all our enemies.

Plus we want a name with dragons in it... dragons are cool :P

YLL
03-10-2013, 03:54 AM
Is it, or will it be possible to change the name of our guild? When I created the guild I did not envision 34 strong active members who are very keen to make this guild work! Now it seems the name 'Don't Hurt Me' may not be the ferocious banner that strikes fear into the heart of all our enemies.

Plus we want a name with dragons in it... dragons are cool :P

I suspect this one will require a ticket. Although I quite like "Don't Hurt Me" myself, it's possibly quite deceptively modest (assuming you're a bunch of strong players). :)

Zenobia
03-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I requested a name change 7 days ago, then watched a dozen friends request and receive name changes, and STILL have received no response on my request (other than the initial auto response that my ticket was received). It seems clear to me that, despite also putting a reminder about the pending name change in another ticket sent a few days ago, my ticket has been ignored or forgotten or accidentally skipped or fallen so low down someone's list it will never be gotten to unless every single other request to come into that person's box is cleared and they get down to the last page in their list. Is there something other than sending another ticket that I can do to get my name change before it is too late?

Thanks.

l3lade2
03-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Likewise, I don't want to send another ticket and add to the queue, but I presume anything that was sent (but not actioned) prior to the deadline will still be actioned by GREE?

flamingdragon
03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
finally yes

echus14
03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Think the new facility should be free-of-charge (as it is currently via Support). The benefit is that it frees up Support's resources as the workload is taken up by the players themselves. We shouldn't be paying to take on work. I do acknowledge that such a DIY approach also helps us in terms of speed of change/flexibility, but this does not detract from the argument that name changes should remain free.

Tarsus
03-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Agreed - free of charge name change is appropriate.

Clarix
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
I can see that being able to change your name for guild tag would be nice.
Even better would just be that you can see someone's guild or
BEST: auto-add the TLA of their guild to the end of their name in brackets. It couldn't be that hard, could it? Then people can't Pretend to be in other guilds, etc.

Based on my experience with Funzio/Gree - the game crashes on multiple devices, glitches, gem cheats, etc. I would expect that this new 'FEATURE' will cause a bunch of problems. Even in the simplest use, I expect that if I am raiding your city, and you change your name, the next attack I make on you will fail, because it tries to find you on the server and the information you just changed (name) no longer matches. Best case I get a warning, but more likely, my game crashes.

If the name changes are free, then I think as soon as someone is raided, the first thing they do is change their name. If they find someone strong, they change their name to that strong person's name - obviously there is no current restriction on the number of people with the same name (I probably raid 5 different Alex's and Stark's every day).
So charging for the name change makes sense, and I would bet dollars to donuts that Gree will choose GEMS. I am hoping they put in a kind of sliding scale, something like... first name change is free, second name change in the same month is 500 gems, third name change in the same month is 5000 gems.

_Clarix
Guild: We the People
KA: 447437267

Lady Freya
03-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Thank you Team GREE!
Will the new policy also allow changing guild names? It would be nice.

spectra
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM

GREEd just figure another way to MILK REAL CASH out of players

You will be able to change your name for the LOW PRICE OF 50 GEMS!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT SERVICE SHOULD BE PROVIDED FOR FREE............

really GREEdy, first they would change your name for free as a customer service task, and now in order to eliminate those name change tickets (to allow support to answer more critic matters) they will allow players to change their ingame names just they same way we can change the avatar, but instead of keeping the services FREE they are gona change 50 GEMs unless they "REDUCE" the price but it will not be FREE

flamingdragon
03-19-2013, 12:43 PM
GREEd just figure another way to MILK REAL CASH out of players

You will be able to change your name for the LOW PRICE OF 50 GEMS!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT SERVICE SHOULD BE PROVIDED FOR FREE............

really GREEdy, first they would change your name for free as a customer service task, and now in order to eliminate those name change tickets (to allow support to answer more critic matters) they will allow players to change their ingame names just they same way we can change the avatar, but instead of keeping the services FREE they are gona change 50 GEMs unless they "REDUCE" the price but it will not be FREE

sorry change my mind

GreenGuru
03-19-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't think they intend on charging for a silly name change but if they were to try and find a way to charge for it I could see it being more along the lines of: You can change your name for free once a day (or week) and if you wish to change it before that time is up you can pay a small fee of 10 gems or so for those too anxious to wait. That makes more since to me

Winstrol
03-19-2013, 01:13 PM
At least people won't change their nicks every 10sec .

GreenGuru
03-19-2013, 01:22 PM
At least people won't change their nicks every 10sec .

Yeah I think they're going to have to set some sort of time limit between name changes to avoid system crashes from request overloads causing code collisions

MistaMasta
03-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Kingdom Slayers ( 727-429-497 ) Welcomes You,

No Minimum Requirements, No Considerations. Donate whatever you can miss, We dont even have to take this **** serius, Cause we will win anyways. Just relax and kick ass, no peepz can F with Us!

You may join, low levels, high levels, free players, gem players etc etc

Dont take our kindness for our weakness

Guild stats:
Members: 4
Walls: 3, upgraded to level 5
Health: 30000

Founder stats:
Level: 79
Health: 880
Attack: 53000+
Defense: 55000+
Allies: 390 - (984-977-147)
Income: 2700 an hour
Allies: 395
Units: 1185

Anybody level 1 to all, Yr Welcome,

Kingdom Slayers - 727-429-497

Greets MistaMista aka JohnnBlade

Totalwar
03-19-2013, 05:12 PM
So customer support faster now .I don't see this I had an error with buying gems and still waiting after 48 hours to be assign to a rep.I don't see ticket times going down they getting worse.

GreenGuru
03-20-2013, 09:42 AM
So can we get an update one when this feature will be available? I was under the impression that when they said that all requests prior to 3-11-13 will be answered for a name change meant that it would be available soon after. I want to change my name but never cared to send a ticket to do so...

Me&You
03-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Is everyone else still waiting for their name change ticket to be processed, or did mine get missed? I don't want to throw a tantrum in the cereal aisle, but I hope I didn't miss the boat either. My ticket still shows as waiting to be assigned.

P4TR1C14N
03-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Cost: 50 gems

But that could be expected. Easy feature, easy revenue and less support... Imagine profitibility off the feature.

At least ppl can do it and dont need to wait ages for support to do it... Other hand... Omg... 50 gems for a name change... :)

GreenGuru
03-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Cost: 50 gems

But that could be expected. Easy feature, easy revenue and less support... Imagine profitibility off the feature.

At least ppl can do it and dont need to wait ages for support to do it... Other hand... Omg... 50 gems for a name change... :)

Why does everyone keep assuming it's going to cost 50 gems after one person suggested it might? GREE never announced a 50 gem fee for name changing