PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Feature and Support Policy Change: Name Changes

CJ54
03-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Hello all,

We understand that changing account names is an aspect of the game that players enjoy. As many of you know, it has been our policy to allow account name changes upon request since the launch of the game. Due to increased popularity of our games and the addition of factions/guilds/syndicates, the volume of requests for name changes has risen dramatically in the last several months. This is currently a manual process and impacts our ability to address all inquiries in a timely manner.

It is our goal to improve player experience by offering our players more control over their accounts. As a result, we plan to allow players to change account names in app (following the normal rules for name changes, i.e. they have to fit our guidelines for acceptable names). This will provide players with the ability to update their account at a time of their choosing immediately.

To support this transition, we’ve updated our policy to no longer offer name changes via support request, effective MONDAY 3-11-13. We will honor all requests that have been submitted to the support system on or prior to MONDAY 3-11-13. Once the ability to change account names in app is available we will make announcement in our forums.

Thank you for your understanding,

Team GREE

jobadass
03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Obvious question: When will the player be able to manually change his name? Hopefully before Mid-town.

I think this is great if it frees support to address more serious tickets, and applaud your effort.

Dipstik
03-07-2013, 12:41 PM
I think name changes should be discouraged. If you can change your name every day, this will be abused. If you think in-game rivalries are good for the game, you shouldn't give people the option of changing their name as easily as they change their avatar.

If you really wanted to reduce tickets, how about you just stop giving people name changes and put your coders to work giving us a confirmation button for gold spending?

Lonestoner
03-07-2013, 05:24 PM
I think name changes should be discouraged. If you can change your name every day, this will be abused. If you think in-game rivalries are good for the game, you shouldn't give people the option of changing their name as easily as they change their avatar.

If you really wanted to reduce tickets, how about you just stop giving people name changes and put your coders to work giving us a confirmation button for gold spending?

I've said multiple times how this issue clogs up support, and now I'm glad to see something being done about it.

That said, I completely agree with you dippy; some sort of cooldown should definitely be implemented where you can only change it once in a certain period of time.. Personally, I'd think once a month would be plenty.. I can't see a legitimate reason for people wanting to change names that often, unless there's something suspicious involved.

dragon001
03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
there was a non-serious talk of all of my syndicate changing our names to Alex for the upcoming contest.... would have caused confusion on our end as well. I can see this being abused by the hackers especially. how could you possibly report them? Here is a thought, have the id code viewable for anyone who changes their name more than once.

Semi-automatic
03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
If there's gonna be a way to change our account names in the app there should be a limit to how many times we can change names and a time interval between name changes. ie if I changed my name to something and I wanted to change it again, I would have to wait at least 30 days before I am able to do so. I think that sounds fair, does anyone else agree?

Lonestoner
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
If there's gonna be a way to change our account names in the app there should be a limit to how many times we can change names and a time interval between name changes. ie if I changed my name to something and I wanted to change it again, I would have to wait at least 30 days before I am able to do so. I think that sounds fair, does anyone else agree?

Man I wish I would've thought of that first! :rolleyes:

Killshot-CC
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Man I wish I would've thought of that first! :rolleyes:

Or an even better idea would be to have some kind of cooling off period where you can only change your name once in, say, a calendar month. I haven't worked out all the details yet.

Lonestoner
03-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Or an even better idea would be to have some kind of cooling off period where you can only change your name once in, say, a calendar month. I haven't worked out all the details yet.

Biggest laugh I've had yet today. Thank you :)

AppleMacGuy
03-08-2013, 01:46 AM
To support this transition, we’ve updated our policy to no longer offer name changes via support request, effective MONDAY 3-11-13. We will honor all requests that have been submitted to the support system on or prior to MONDAY 3-11-13. Once the ability to change account names in app is available we will make announcement in our forums.

How much gold will an in-game name change cost?

AK-47
03-08-2013, 02:02 AM
YES!! I like this solution. I personally have no reason/desire for a name change, but I have no problem with people that do want one. This solution MAY help with those hacker chameleons who would manage to evade support by abusing a non-restricted name change system, unless of course they are hacking gold lol. Also regardless whether it costs gold or not, there should be a 30 day waiting period.

TZora
03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
and what if hackers hack gold and change their name? u can't stop hackers doing that, can u? and what about free players, what will they do if they wish to change name?

another question, what if i change my name to your name and then give a round of kicks to all of your friends and then change my name back :rolleyes:

Sunsets
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Keep it free with a 30-day limit. There also needs to be a second confirmation option with the exact spelling that the player entered. If you can't spell your own name twice in a row - That's your own fault.

lsjs41
03-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I agree name changes could be good,but you need to make peoples ids visible to report cheaters, it would make grees job easier aswell if you could give them the suspect id so they could check for possible cheaters.

derchef
03-12-2013, 04:42 AM
interesting

Motorcityme
03-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Hello all,

we plan to allow players to change account names in app

Will we be able to change our syndicate names too?

eka6484
03-15-2013, 04:09 AM

Lol, exactly what I was thinking. Another way for greed to make money but it might stop people constantly changing their name.

Dipstik
03-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Anyone else think the whole "make everyone the same name" thing needs to stop?

steamboatwilly
03-20-2013, 12:56 PM

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

THCraul
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM
I didn't know GREE you also sponsor Naruto Shippuden...!!! That's Cooooooool :cool:

ThugLife
03-21-2013, 10:50 PM
I didn't know GREE you also sponsor Naruto Shippuden...!!! That's Cooooooool :cool:

I looked it up because I never heard about it. Looks like GREE is bringing the Japanese version of Naruto Shippuden card game to mobile phones. I watch Naruto Shippuden, so it just goes to show you that my life is ruined and that I need to study.

Munch on it
03-22-2013, 01:30 AM

A rivalry normally consist of two people so the revenge button will still work in this case, unless you mean that it will be harder to stalk people that don't attack back.

Dipstik
03-22-2013, 05:26 AM
A) of course that's what I'm talking about. You say that like its a bad thing.

B) my news usually holds a max of four to six hours, so revenge is useless anyway.

Munch on it
03-22-2013, 06:34 AM
A) of course that's what I'm talking about. You say that like its a bad thing.

B) my news usually holds a max of four to six hours, so revenge is useless anyway.

Na I don't mind doing a bit of stalking myself lol aswell as being stalked by others, but I'm still in favor of being able to change your name

Goody23
03-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Will you be giving a reward like you did in modern warfare for reaching 250 in certain time?

Hello all,

We understand that changing account names is an aspect of the game that players enjoy. As many of you know, it has been our policy to allow account name changes upon request since the launch of the game. Due to increased popularity of our games and the addition of factions/guilds/syndicates, the volume of requests for name changes has risen dramatically in the last several months. This is currently a manual process and impacts our ability to address all inquiries in a timely manner.

It is our goal to improve player experience by offering our players more control over their accounts. As a result, we plan to allow players to change account names in app (following the normal rules for name changes, i.e. they have to fit our guidelines for acceptable names). This will provide players with the ability to update their account at a time of their choosing immediately.

Team GREE

Carmine74
03-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Anyone else think the whole "make everyone the same name" thing needs to stop?

Why don't they implement the same system they do when registering on the forum? Make people choose a different name if there is already the same one in use.

Elastic Earl
03-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Any update regarding the in game name change functionality?

I have noticed some names changing recently. Are you still taking requests emailed to support?

Thank you

Irishhammer4671
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I get the fact that 90% of this game is based on waiting for something to happen. What I don't understand is why things are being announced so far in advance? For example what is with the name change policy?If support isn't dealing with name change requests any longer where is the in app feature? Why I am still waiting for the Android version of this game to stop crashing over and over all day long? I emailed support weeks ago. Not to mention re-downloading the game over 100 times since I got their response about some in game glitches. I also understand that with so much happening in the game it is bound to glitch. At the same time I dump between $50-$100 per week on gold into this game. I do not mind putting money into this game I actually enjoy it. I would like to at least try and get my money's worth out of it.

OneHoop
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Bueller? Bueller?

Bueller???

Bobar
04-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Hello all,

Team GREE

Still working on it?

archambeau
04-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Why is it Ive seen name changes since then in bulk. need I say TYLER DURDEN.... Indian.
Hello all,

Team GREE

Justsimply
04-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Why is it Ive seen name changes since then in bulk. need I say TYLER DURDEN.... Indian.

Because they were smart enough to put the request in before the cut off....

Desire
04-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I agree..name changes are needed on occasion when players are tagged, leave then rejoin new syndicates but there definitely needs to be restrictions so it isnt abused and used for wrong purposes. I think there should also be ability to change syndicate names in extreme issues such as past issues causing present problems like we in EA are now facing. Current team supports a no cheating policy whereas former leaders allowed rampant cheating. We were forced to boot many and now they run rampant causing issues, attracting undesired attention that is focused on us now.

I've said multiple times how this issue clogs up support, and now I'm glad to see something being done about it.

That said, I completely agree with you dippy; some sort of cooldown should definitely be implemented where you can only change it once in a certain period of time.. Personally, I'd think once a month would be plenty.. I can't see a legitimate reason for people wanting to change names that often, unless there's something suspicious involved.

Dominic"CC"
04-23-2013, 03:42 AM
Anyone else find with this latest upgrade with the name chage for 50gold button an seeing all bonus's seperatly etc that their stats dropped?????? Please if anyone has any info on this please add me asap 794 882 223 Dominic an let me know what you know....a10k drop is almost enough to make me quit! as its happened before with an earlyer upgrade too!

AK-47
04-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Anyone else find with this latest upgrade with the name chage for 50gold button an seeing all bonus's seperatly etc that their stats dropped?????? Please if anyone has any info on this please add me asap 794 882 223 Dominic an let me know what you know....a10k drop is almost enough to make me quit! as its happened before with an earlyer upgrade too!
Just saw the changes, noticed no drop in stats. I do like seeing what personal modifiers we now have. So far, so good IMO.

Mahidhar.
04-24-2013, 02:55 AM
i have reset my phone and now the game is again starting from level 1 .........is there any way i can get my previous game back ????

Kiley!
04-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Mahidhar - you need to send an email to support with the following:

If iOS phone:
Send in a support ticket with the following information:
- Your old character's invite code (if you have it)
- Your old character's name (case sensitive) and level
- The UDID of your new device
- The invite code of the new character showing up on your new device

If Android phone:
Send:
- Your old character's 9-digit player ID, if you have it.
- Your old character's name (case sensitive) and level
- The 9-digit player ID of the new character showing up on your new device.

It can take a little bit, so I'd do it ASAP.

sir don john
04-24-2013, 10:26 PM

50 gold to Change

killshot
04-25-2013, 08:54 PM
I think 50 is reasonable. It cuts down on non-stop, random changes but still doesn't make them cost-prohibitive.

lucky83
04-26-2013, 04:32 AM

I think it's way too much. I'd rather buy a limited edition gold weapon. I'd say that everything over 10 gold is beyond reasonable.

Cayman
04-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Bummer :( Hope it comes soon.

archambeau
05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
The Tyler's and Indians changed their names at different times but funzio changed them all at the same time. And the Indians did it way after the cutoff. Hmmmmm. I can't even get my syndicate leader unblocked after accidentally blocking him after midtown. The response time funzio should be better now no one is changing names they should have a little free time. The two top syndicates likely gave them the $ to create a department for unblocking players. Happens so often since syndicates started.

marcus...
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
So the question has been raised a few times but no reply...
Does the cut-off to account name changes applied by Gree also apply to syndicate name changes?
Our 29th placed team recently went through a merger that some of us were not happy about, so we stayed behind to rebuild our syndicate to where it once was; about enjoying CC and not cut-throat tactics to make top 25. We want a name change to have a fresh start (although keep the bonuses that we have spent billions on). If I send a ticket with our new name choice, will our name be changed or will I be immediately labelled a data clogger for not listening to this thread's instructions and my request ignored...?

dudeman
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Request to Gree:

Allow in game cash for name changes. Either make it costly, say $25,000,000 for example, or scale it to IPH the same way purchases of in game cash are scaled to IPH.

TZora
05-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Request to Gree:

Allow in game cash for name changes. Either make it costly, say $25,000,000 for example, or scale it to IPH the same way purchases of in game cash are scaled to IPH.
same request here. please allow ingame cash for name changes.

nytelock
05-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Request to Gree:

+1

I support this. Please GREE.

T20
05-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Request to Gree:

Good idea mate

Mr.T
05-15-2013, 06:59 AM
The new update is perfect

(CCK) Cam
05-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Request to Gree:

Allow in game cash for name changes. Either make it costly, say $25,000,000 for example, or scale it to IPH the same way purchases of in game cash are scaled to IPH.same. +1 and let us add the parentheses to our names, we can't do that anymore.