PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Feature and Support Policy Change: Name Changes

CJ54
03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Hello all,

We understand that changing account names is an aspect of the game that players enjoy. As many of you know, it has been our policy to allow account name changes upon request since the launch of the game. Due to increased popularity of our games and the addition of factions/guilds/syndicates, the volume of requests for name changes has risen dramatically in the last several months. This is currently a manual process and impacts our ability to address all inquiries in a timely manner.

It is our goal to improve player experience by offering our players more control over their accounts. As a result, we plan to allow players to change account names in app (following the normal rules for name changes, i.e. they have to fit our guidelines for acceptable names). This will provide players with the ability to update their account at a time of their choosing immediately.

To support this transition, we’ve updated our policy to no longer offer name changes via support request, effective MONDAY 3-11-13. We will honor all requests that have been submitted to the support system on or prior to MONDAY 3-11-13. Once the ability to change account names in app is available we will make announcement in our forums.

Thank you for your understanding,

Team GREE

Ajk
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Fantastic idea CJ. Can you also fix the block player feature as well. Some players are accidentally blocking faction members and friends, me included. A way for this to be unblocked in app would be great addition also.

soulnmysole
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9jZt7AFgxBk/TkUfL12P5XI/AAAAAAAAAnM/NyZHqKTngDo/s1600/guinness-brilliant.jpg

Some Random Clown
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Will there be a limit on how many times you can change your name though? Suspect things might start getting a little confusing if everyone changes their name to Bruce.... Monty Python fans are rolling on the floor right now. The rest of you just move along, nothing to see here...

ohwhatafinish
03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
I agree with this in principal but your system should be set up so you can't take a name that's already taken

Durt McGurt
03-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for listening and adding.

Will this cost? or be a free name change?

thunder
03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Dont make it too cheap where people will be changing their names all the time so we cant find them

bbprofitz
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Dont make it too cheap where people will be changing their names all the time so we cant find them

they don't know how to do it any other way!! :p

CosmicSquirrel
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Of course it goes without saying that this feature should be no cost to users. Funzio's win in providing the feature is that it will drastically cut down on support requests (and support overhead).

Name change requests and unblock-my-friend requests are undoubtedly their two 500 lb. gorillas in the support dept.

Along the lines of blocking friends, Funzio should switch the positions of the buttons on the block popup, and also the colors. Most people are right-handed and tapping the screen with their right hand. Putting the Confirm button on the right side is the logical choice for the majority of users and is very easy to do when playing late at night before going to bed when people aren't that alert. It's also the brighter of the two buttons and attracts the most attention, and thus, gets clicked...

CosmicSquirrel
03-07-2013, 01:09 PM
ps: Where do we submit forum name change requests?

;)

Grand Overlord
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm not a fan of this idea. Can it at least be limited somehow. Perhaps 2 changes per year, or once each year on the anniversary of the day you started.

All credit to the factions that changed their names to be the same, it was a cunning idea. However, I don't think it's in the spirit of the game - it's more like exploiting a glitch - not cheating, but not right either. Rather than making this more accessible to everyone, I think u should put an end to it. Of course that's just my opinion, and now I'll get abused by someone called alex, or some angry fork for expressing it.

Ajk
03-07-2013, 03:21 PM
I think it should be limited also, but since it is now going to be an in app feature it shouldn't be limited too much. Maybe once a month would be perfect.

CJ54
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
All credit to the factions that changed their names to be the same, it was a cunning idea. However, I don't think it's in the spirit of the game - it's more like exploiting a glitch - not cheating, but not right either. Rather than making this more accessible to everyone, I think u should put an end to it. Of course that's just my opinion, and now I'll get abused by someone called alex, or some angry fork for expressing it.

Name changes were one of the most common requests for a long, long time before the introduction of factions. This has been on the table for awhile. The most popular thing currently seems to be adding tags to the front of the name, actually.

Dudebot121256
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Thank you, CJ. Hopefully this will speed up ticket responses by a lot. Do you have an ETA for the name change feature?

PieGuy18
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Name changes were one of the most common requests for a long, long time before the introduction of factions. This has been on the table for awhile. The most popular thing currently seems to be adding tags to the front of the name, actually.

thats something that should be added as well, your factions tag should be placed infront of your name. but when you can change your own name, i guess you could just do it yourself...

mxz
03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
I think it should be limited also, but since it is now going to be an in app feature it shouldn't be limited too much. Maybe once a month would be perfect.That's kind of an interesting idea...have a building that pays out every 720 hours (30 days) that allows you a free name change. You can use gold to rush it and get it as often as you like.

CplJC
03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
While this seems to be a good thing and it is...This course of event occurred due to people abusing the system..So when the Update rolls in where it lets you CHANGE YOUR NAMe FOR FEE!!!! Dont complaint! Because that is what will happen..

BADMARKX
03-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Cool mahn :-)

ertrifo
03-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I don't think changing name is appropriate after the introduction of factions as we need a meaning of keeping track of unwanted members!
YMO, it would be more appropriate to automatically add the faction tag to the name as every faction has its own!

Tournai
03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Just make a TAG option available and you make me and my Faction Happy!

Mcdoc
03-08-2013, 01:42 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it 50 Gold to change a name. Win - win - win. Those who REALLY want it will pay for it - those who are trolls who change names like underwear & don't support the game with any real money anyway - well - we all win. OK - So maybe ONE Free name change every 3 months :)

Dutchie
03-08-2013, 03:21 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it 50 Gold to change a name. Win - win - win. Those who REALLY want it will pay for it - those who are trolls who change names like underwear & don't support the game with any real money anyway - well - we all win. OK - So maybe ONE Free name change every 3 months :)

That sounds like a well balanced solution. Let's see what GREE can come up with but I hope it is along the lines of what you have just posted here that includes ONE FREE name change EVERY 3 months.

commander Don
03-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Dont make it cheep, I dont want my targets dissappearing after I hit them twice. Farming will be wiped out of the game this change is not conducted properly.

Ajk
03-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Dont make it cheep, I dont want my targets dissappearing after I hit them twice. Farming will be wiped out of the game this change is not conducted properly.
Well this is what most were using for anyway, to hide in their faction. What's wrong with doing outside the faction? Sounds like a double standard to me.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point. I think it should be a monthly thing and no gold.

Blackstone
03-09-2013, 08:04 AM

Nope. Please don't charge gold. That would be a d-bag move in my opinion. I would be fine with in game cash or a limit per month.

CJ - Great update to the game (if it's free)

thedarkprince
03-10-2013, 12:15 AM
If not gold, make it hideously expensive. On a par with Anniversary building, Alexandria Villa and Arctic Rigs. Otherwise people will just change name after every attack and will ruin the game IMO.

socomloser
03-10-2013, 09:19 AM
So what request already sent in ?

CplJC
03-10-2013, 09:22 AM
No such thing as a free lunch.

RobertoP
03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
This is great news and also bad news!

I think this option should be free and everyone should be a able to change their name as often as they like.

I'm still waiting for my support ticket from during Battle for Brazil to be answered so hopefully now, someone might get around to replying to me.

The bad news is that it will encourage bad sportsmanship during Events and confusion in Factions.
Faction Alert - Alex donated 2,000,000 cash. Errrm which Alex was that?

The only fair solution here would be that no two people in a Faction can have the same name. So the first person in the faction called Alex keeps his/her name, then the second Alex is Alex (2), the third Alex (3).

I hope someone at Gree reads this and realises that this idea of mine will resolve a big problem before they create it.

Thanks Gree for a great game, and feel free to throw a few units and Gold my way.

Col Matt
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Could you come up with a promotion/ranking structure, so leaders can reward top faction players, other than officer? Leaders then can promote/reward members. Makes it more exciting.

Major Silverback
03-11-2013, 06:04 PM
That's kind of an interesting idea...have a building that pays out every 720 hours (30 days) that allows you a free name change. You can use gold to rush it and get it as often as you like.

I really like that idea Mxz! But I'd make it 3 months, just my preference.

BigD@wg
03-11-2013, 06:42 PM
There is not even a .0000000000000001% chance this will be a free option. It will cost a minimum of 100 gold. Wait and see. Lol :)

Mastert55
03-11-2013, 08:09 PM
There is not even a .0000000000000001% chance this will be a free option. It will cost a minimum of 100 gold. Wait and see. Lol :)

I agree, Gree is definatley going to capitalize off of this.

Werhner
03-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Could you come up with a promotion/ranking structure, so leaders can reward top faction players, other than officer? Leaders then can promote/reward members. Makes it more exciting.

Totally agree sir Col.Matt,atleast there would be rewards to team members who's actively participating,not sabotaging .a member who gains like 10 wins or so will be rewarded automatically by the leader.the leader could suspend not remove abruptly who doesn't follow instructions in 3strikes for example.kinda hard to imagine that some of my team members,would just declare war,without even fighting,sabotage! Atleast a disciplinary action would be imposed by the leader.just some insights during the last WD.

GuyInLobsterSuit
03-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Only one name change should be allowed per week.

MadFox
03-12-2013, 02:46 AM
I'll bet you can change the name how often you want....

Just a little fee
Cause nothing in life is free
And so is it with GREE

Wow. A short poem.... :)

Wufnu
03-12-2013, 06:26 AM
CJ PLEASE don't allow players to change names at their whim. We have ejected 5 players from our faction for various reasons after BF China. What's to stop these guys from simply changing their names and re-applying to create more mischief?

Put a time delay on it at the very least, say 2 in a year? One?

MadFox
03-12-2013, 06:56 AM
More players with the name Alex, Kraken, Hulk....hundreds and thousands of Pirates, Ferrs
In faction battles everyone has its clantag before the name or all are fighting with the same name....
This will be funny...

bigR
03-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Add ID # 994 837 275

bigR
03-14-2013, 08:19 AM
I really like that idea Mxz! But I'd make it 3 months, just my preference.

Add ID # 994 837 275

Dudebot121256
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Add ID # 994 837 275

Add ID # 994 837 275
This is not the right sub-forum for getting allies. Please go to the ally center (http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?34-Add-Me) and find allies there.

bigR
03-15-2013, 10:55 AM
bigR
lvl 65
35k defence
35k attack
ADD 994 837 275
thx

It's all a dream
03-22-2013, 04:06 AM
So we had an update. Where is the new feature?

Durt McGurt
03-22-2013, 05:56 AM
So we had an update. Where is the new feature?

I was searching for it as well, with nothing found. Perhaps it will arrive before China.

raider
03-22-2013, 10:38 AM
So where is this new feature? I have updated to the latest version, but I see no option to change my name? When will we be able to do this? Any ideas?

Some Random Clown
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Yup not there. My guess is that it was all set to go and then everyone started talking about making it a paid feature. Gree read this and now they need to gp back and add that pay wall funtion to it.

Dogs Pizza
03-25-2013, 12:49 PM
In KA you can change your name for 50gems

War lord
03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
So do ya think its gonna cost us to change our name?

Ghost Recon
03-26-2013, 11:52 AM
So do ya think its gonna cost us to change our name?So far, CJ has not announced whether it will cost gold or not but I'm thinking it will be free until they see how much it's used, then they'll make it cost gold.

JMC
03-26-2013, 10:11 PM
So far, CJ has not announced whether it will cost gold or not but I'm thinking it will be free until they see how much it's used, then they'll make it cost gold.

They already know how much it's used from the support tickets they get flooded with between every war. They will make it cost as the name change in KA already proves.

They make money out of it and support doesn't have to do anything. Hopefully they will fix some other issues with the extra money and extra time.

Ascent
03-26-2013, 11:51 PM
And how much does a name change cost in KA?

Modern War is cool
03-27-2013, 03:38 AM
Yay finally :)
Also I have blocked players and hope that u can fix that too =)

Ghost Recon
03-27-2013, 04:21 AM
And how much does a name change cost in KA?According to other posts, 50 gems.

It's all a dream
03-27-2013, 06:04 AM
it does indeed cost 50gems. so sorry not interested.

alphacharlie
03-27-2013, 06:22 AM
To support this transition, we’ve updated our policy to no longer offer name changes via support request, effective MONDAY 3-11-13. We will honor all requests that have been submitted to the support system on or prior to MONDAY 3-11-13.
Team GREE

CJ,

My request I sent Feb.22 (ticket #401139) has been NOT been completed,
and support team has just closed it saying it has been resolved.:mad:
I fear the support team will ignore my follow-up request email reply altogether,
as GREE no longer accepts name change requests.
Please keep to your word, and complete the request submitted well within deadline.

Thanks for your help in advance.
AC

lv_phish
03-27-2013, 09:12 PM
CJ - I sent a request in March 7th and it hasn't been handled yet either.

Kingdom Age Issue Report (ticket #426571)
Timestamp: 2013-03-07 23:30
Player ID: 201952094

Can you help me as well?

sawnoff69
03-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Hello all,

We understand that changing account names is an aspect of the game that players enjoy. As many of you know, it has been our policy to allow account name changes upon request since the launch of the game. Due to increased popularity of our games and the addition of factions/guilds/syndicates, the volume of requests for name changes has risen dramatically in the last several months. This is currently a manual process and impacts our ability to address all inquiries in a timely manner.

It is our goal to improve player experience by offering our players more control over their accounts. As a result, we plan to allow players to change account names in app (following the normal rules for name changes, i.e. they have to fit our guidelines for acceptable names). This will provide players with the ability to update their account at a time of their choosing immediately.

To support this transition, we’ve updated our policy to no longer offer name changes via support request, effective MONDAY 3-11-13. We will honor all requests that have been submitted to the support system on or prior to MONDAY 3-11-13. Once the ability to change account names in app is available we will make announcement in our forums.

Team GREE
i cant transfer game to new phone hav tried to contact support and my friend tried but stuffed up my password. can u msg me a link on www.sawnoff69@gmail.com.au

Ghost Recon
03-28-2013, 08:11 AM
i cant transfer game to new phone hav tried to contact support and my friend tried but stuffed up my password. can u msg me a link on www.sawnoff69@gmail.com.au (http://www.sawnoff69@gmail.com.au)do you have access to both your old and new device?

Sillybeans
03-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Make it cash, but like 50-100m per name change... they will sort them out :P

Bobar
04-17-2013, 06:17 AM
Hello all,

Team GREE

I can see high level players with Faction Tag, can´t be new players. So do you still do name changes?? When will it be affective? Still working on it?