PDA

View Full Version : Level Restrict High Stat Respect Explosives?

Ins0mn1ac
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I've noticed that the high stat respect explosives are not lvl restricted like the other categories. I've been recently stalked by a player that has more than a million rp invested in these alone, and around lvl 76 I think it is probably not possible, and a hack is being used. As much as I like having the opportunity to buy the items, I think it has opened an avenue for hackers to boost stats while making it harder to catch.

Since these explosives are found in the equipment purchase screen between cash items that are lvl locked, do you think Gree just overlooked this, and would anybody really be opposed to lvl locking these explosives (Mobile Trigger, Disease Grenade, Doomsday Frag; even Nice Surprise, Extra Security, TNT Bundle for lower lvls)?

dudeman
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM
It takes a lot of fights/robs to even afford those things. At low levels that's next to impossible if you rule out scratcher wins. Should actually make spotting low level hackers easier, no? It literally takes months of being fully active to earn a million respect points, and in doing so levelling up is inevitable.

Having access to those might also provide some incentive to level up. It has been mentioned (in blue writing no less) that while Gree is not against the camping strategy, they do not intentionally support that play style.

Ins0mn1ac
03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
It takes a lot of fights/robs to even afford those things. At low levels that's next to impossible if you rule out scratcher wins. Should actually make spotting low level hackers easier, no? It literally takes months of being fully active to earn a million respect points, and in doing so levelling up is inevitable.

Having access to those might also provide some incentive to level up. It has been mentioned (in blue writing no less) that while Gree is not against the camping strategy, they do not intentionally support that play style.

Completely agree with you. The problem with identifying a hack now with the epic boss fights going on, is that it's not unusual for a person to have 4-5 quantity of a higher stat item. If you saw someone with 4 or 5 of each of these explosives, at a glance most people wouldn't think twice about it. You take that total rp and apply it to NVB, Combat Suits, chained whips, etc. then you have a noticeable amount. This person had between 15 and 30 of each explosive, not so noticeable unless you really know the value of rp.

It seems much easier reporting people who have considerable rp items outside their levels.

dudeman
03-06-2013, 12:52 PM
For anyone who doesn't know the value of RP, worrying about hacker is probably the least of their concerns. Those people probably wouldn't be able to spot a hacker anyways, regardless of their inventory.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Has anyone won 6X respect on a scratcher ?

PawnXIIX
03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I never even won a 4x RP scratcher. Everybody is like 'ewww respect' but I guarantee I would certainly like to win respect off that wheel!

Just to get in the ballpark of ONE of the new respect items with no bonus items takes me about 10 or more TL goals and on top of that days which would level him up so quickly that he'd be in RPG land in no time.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I am not greedy i would mind 4X respect or even 5X but if i ever got 6X it mostly likely going to be cash :(.

Ins0mn1ac
03-06-2013, 01:01 PM
For anyone who doesn't know the value of RP, worrying about hacker is probably the least of their concerns. Those people probably wouldn't be able to spot a hacker anyways, regardless of their inventory.

Yeah, you got a point. I would hope that somebody would report these people before they aggro on me, no such luck.

Has anyone won 6X respect on a scratcher ?

How much is the respect jackpot, 1 mil rp?

Pudgy Pumpkin
03-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Since these explosives are found in the equipment purchase screen between cash items that are lvl locked, do you think Gree just overlooked this, and would anybody really be opposed to lvl locking these explosives (Mobile Trigger, Disease Grenade, Doomsday Frag; even Nice Surprise, Extra Security, TNT Bundle for lower lvls)?

I would object to level locking them. If you are a long term player with high stats on a level below 100, it is nice to have items worth going for. I would rather save RP for a week and get a 43 attack explosive than pickup chain whips or full body armor every day that barely help my stats anyway.