PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get 10th crate w/o gold?

johnnybravoo77
03-06-2013, 05:49 AM
What do you think?

LagBolt
03-06-2013, 05:52 AM
If you get to 9 crates in the first 12 hours, and use cash opens every hour for at least 12 hours a day you have a small chance. Im stuck on 8 right now. The box might "open" but you end up with mountain of concrete.

Richie.
03-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Yes..at least one member from our faction has done it with out using gold

BigD@wg
03-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Very very very very very small chance. But yes it is possible.

Grand Overlord
03-06-2013, 06:09 AM
In a year of play I've done it twice without gold. It's interesting now that factions have started. It seems to be about 1/500 that u will open and hit the 1oth unit. This is based on observation only, not hard data, so please ignore entirely.

Tournai
03-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Very very very very very small chance. But yes it is possible.

Did it yesterday! with no gold, but with a free option!!!, rest I used Medium chance.

I was sick of the medium chance so I decided to go for free, and some how my 10th shell appeared!

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/14/33/66/spectr11.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14&u=18143366)

Alo
03-06-2013, 06:28 AM
What do you think?

since the quota is passed (1 guy got it), then rest of us dont have a chance :D

johnnybravoo77
03-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Good to know theres a chance. I've got a little gold, bu t i have opened about 20 crates since the 9th, hoping i get lucky today!

Alo
03-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Good to know theres a chance. I've got a little gold, bu t i have opened about 20 crates since the 9th, hoping i get lucky today!

last 45 hours already I've opened ~37 crates and no luck....so its getting on the edge right now :(

Sakki
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm not even sure there's a possibility of getting it with gold.

Its all stupid! I got to 9 without and i bought gold just to get the 10th one and i've opened over 20 crates, all to know avail...

This is the second time this is happening.
In kingdom age, same thing happened with the cupid bow.

They want you to spend the total gold cost for the entire unit...!!

LagBolt
03-06-2013, 07:10 AM
I'm not even sure there's a possibility of getting it with gold.

Its all stupid! I got to 9 without and i bought gold just to get the 10th one and i've opened over 20 crates, all to know avail...

Exactly, although gold means a certain open, the percentages are drastically reduced after the 9th box of getting a shell. Gold simply eliminates the "sorry, better luck next time" message but in no way will give you the unit. People have spent a vault of gold and still havent got it.

Jhoemel
03-06-2013, 07:16 AM
As ccm told me before, its possible but not probable

onlinetick
03-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Think this is an absolute rip offf. I have opened 70+ crates, and still not the 10th shell. The last time it was this, i opened 40+, and never recieved the 10th item. I think this is set up to rip people off. Would love to know how many crates have to be opened to obtain it, or if it is actually possible. Beginning to believe this is FRAUD from funzio.

Alo
03-06-2013, 07:22 AM
ffs, 4,5hrs left, again got 1,25mil, but no 10th shell :(

LagBolt
03-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Think this is an absolute rip offf. I have opened 70+ crates, and still not the 10th shell. The last time it was this, i opened 40+, and never recieved the 10th item. I think this is set up to rip people off. Would love to know how many crates have to be opened to obtain it, or if it is actually possible. Beginning to believe this is FRAUD from funzio.

Are you using free opens or cash opens? Cash should be able to get you to 9 if you open every hour.

But yes, the 10th box is almost impossible with cash. I once got the 10th with 3 tries with gold, but that was a while ago. For a unit with those stats, you have about a 1% chance. Gree isnt giving them away lightly, they know people will pay gold to have a go at getting it.

So unless you want to break the bank and sell your kids, just use cash and prey you are lucky.

NTM
03-06-2013, 07:28 AM
sure.... in crime city i got many time for free....

or realy poor gold.. the last event like this i'm stuck at 9 all $ options, after many BLNT, i use 15 gold and got the last lol...

u can for sure but u need to open all hours..

freeradical
03-06-2013, 08:55 AM
I got to 8 artillery shells in the first couple of days.. since then, nada, absolutely nothing other than very occasional concrete block or small amount of cash. :(

In the last 3 days with the help of a family member, I've played every hour on the hour, 24/7, and not only are there no shells left but nearly every crate is empty!! :( :mad:
On this particular round I didn't use any free opens.. spent almost 10 million in cash in previous 72 hours to recieve 3 concrete blocks, 500,000 cash and 3 fairly low value infantry units.

Using gold just isn't worth it..my experience here is that it's never worth the expense.
15 gold (approx £1 or $1.50) to acquire a concrete block or low value unit is a joke.

I have learnt a very valuable lesson here : unless you have more money than sense, the free option is really the only option if you want bonuses as opposed to taxes. :)

Add me : 490 585 672

qq1972
03-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Yes it is possible to get the 10th without gold.
I did it twice already. I have never spent gold on collect 10 events since it is not guaranteed you will get the item. I better spend the gold on boss events.
But I don't think I am gonna get this one, I have 2 tries left, unless I am super lucky LOL.

britton
03-06-2013, 10:08 AM
I received my 10th shell with a free open. I did not start using cash until after my 4th crate. No gold was spent to open the crates.

This was a first for me. Usually I get no crates but this time they dropped like flies.

Mjm78mjm
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
This contest kinda ticked me off. I got 9 also and then the last two days I've tried using over 200 free gold and a bunch of medium chances and didn't get the 10th one....what a crock. They obviously change the decrease the odds of getting ammo cartridges as you get higher and higher instead of just keeping the odds the same. I think it was a great tactic of Gree to get campers/farmers to level up a little too. I went from 28 to 33...dang it! I don't think I'll be doing those anymore since they manipulate the odds. Whoever said their going to alienate LLP from the whales is spot on. Just lost a little respect for the game makers and could see not playing this way down the road if they keep this crap up.

LagBolt
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
This contest kinda ticked me off. I got 9 also and then the last two days I've tried using over 200 free gold and a bunch of medium chances and didn't get the 10th one....what a crock. They obviously change the decrease the odds of getting ammo cartridges as you get higher and higher instead of just keeping the odds the same. I think it was a great tactic of Gree to get campers/farmers to level up a little too. I went from 28 to 33...dang it! I don't think I'll be doing those anymore since they manipulate the odds. Whoever said their going to alienate LLP from the whales is spot on. Just lost a little respect for the game makers and could see not playing this way down the road if they keep this crap up.

Yeah, i wont be doing anymore of these events, ill just stick to camping as well. The chances should be more like 10% for the last one, but also at lower stats. The inflation needs to stop.

Gonads
03-06-2013, 10:30 AM
since the quota is passed (1 guy got it), then rest of us dont have a chance :D
My faction buddy got his this morning with all cash... And I picked mine up 2 hrs ago. Used gold once to open 9th shell. Was happy making it that far so just went with cash and got the 10th shell very next go with cash. Same for him too, he got 10th very next go after getting 9th. Won the Tempest destroyer a few months ago with just cash too.

rutty
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I got mine just now - all cash openings and no gold spent, with two hours to go

*happy dance*

:D

LagBolt
03-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I got mine just now - all cash openings and no gold spent, with two hours to go

*happy dance*

:D

Nice, my HLP is on 6 with one open left

How many boxes did you have to use to get it?

alanng
03-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Let me tell you the odds for the last 3 shells.
8th is 17%, 9th is 7%, 10th is 2%.
So for the 10th shell, in average, you need 50 attempts to get the shell, less if you are lucky.

Dudebot121256
03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Hard, but possible. I've done it twice. Hoping to do it this time too.

sherlock123
03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I will NEVER EVER EVER do these SCAM money-grubbing events by GREEd in MW ever again.

Opened more than 60 crates and still no 9th shell.

This event was completely rigged in favor of heavy gold spenders.

I don't believe all these other people who come on this forum and say they got the 10 shell. Sometimes people are paid to lie.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Hard, but possible. I've done it twice. Hoping to do it this time too.
Can i PLEASE co-sign your android gif?!!!! lol

Devin
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I will NEVER EVER EVER do these SCAM money-grubbing events by GREEd in MW ever again.

Opened more than 60 crates and still no 9th shell.

This event was completely rigged in favor of heavy gold spenders.

I don't believe all these other people who come on this forum and say they got the 10 shell. Sometimes people are paid to lie.

Oh calm down. You've read the posts, you know the odds. I've done both cash only (twice) and gold myself. Course you could say I'm paid to lie. The odds are around 1-2% of an opened crate being the 10th item (I.e. sorry try again doesn't even count as an attempt). As stated, that means you need 50 opened crates on average.

Also as stated each open is independent, just like flipping a coin and getting 3 heads in a row has no bearing on if your next flip will be heads or tails. In the same way, it's entirely possible to open several hundred and not win - its called bad luck, but absolutely statistically possible.

Did you open 50-100? Probably not... Now you know for next time... Unless you're lucky you will need 50-100 attempts at #10, where an attempt is a crate opening. If you get a sorry try again, that's not an attempt. If you have bad luck, you may need hundreds of opens.

Oh, and to avoid the anger... All gree events are biased in favor of gold spenders. That's how gree makes money. That's like going to Vegas and being mad because the odds are in the house favor - yes, yes they are.

Now that you know that, there should be no surprises.

Dudebot121256
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Can i PLEASE co-sign your android gif?!!!! lolYou want the coding for it?

Arizona
03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
What do you think?

I've got the 10 item twice without gold

Sevchenko
03-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Yup its possible! i got mine with a day and 4 hrs in hand. this crate had only 2% chance to open that shell. I got it on my 5th try with cash and it was my first time i get 10/10.
2 other members got them with 2 hrs to spare :)

Rapg635
03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Hey all. About three crate events ago I used 250 gold, plus game cash trying for number 10. Like most got a few concrete block, and some very low end units, but never number 10. I was upset about it since I wasn't much of a gold player. So I sent a ticket in. Gree did respond. Basically they said you have to open the crates very early on since the units are limited. The longer it takes to get to even number 9, but especially 10, your chances are worse than slim or none. So, next crate event, buy a lot of gold early and use it in the first couple of days to (only) raise your chances on getting there. There still is no guarantee. Or, you could do what I have been doing, game cash early on for a couple of days, then all free thereafter. I only got eight, but I still have $50 that gree didn't get, along with that special unit I probably wasn't getting anyway. Good luck!

Bob Lee Swagger
03-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Did it yesterday! with no gold, but with a free option!!!, rest I used Medium chance.

I was sick of the medium chance so I decided to go for free, and some how my 10th shell appeared!

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/14/33/66/spectr11.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14&u=18143366)

How in the world did you get it without using any money is beyond me..I dropped gold and I was still stuck on 7/10..

General Soviet
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I got the First Strike Tomcat with cash. It was 6am and I was really tired. I went to open, and I got my tenth satellite. That certainly woke me up, haha.

johnnybravoo77
03-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Congrats to those folks who got the 10th shell! I wasted some gold, never got it.

rutty
03-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Nice, my HLP is on 6 with one open left

How many boxes did you have to use to get it?

I wasn't counting, but it must have been about 20-25 tries and around 7-8 successful opens.

I was just really, really lucky

Intrance
03-07-2013, 07:25 AM
It's all a gamble. I have spent 2000 and not get it and got 10 without gold. So you never know...

Barrettdenver
03-07-2013, 08:02 AM
The game has to be fixed, to win that last bullet. Yes I had over 140 crates to work with. When I got my ninth award, I had the whole day off. So I had about 16 hours to play with. I would win other things, and got a lot better luck time.
And based on the other comments I have heard, its the same.
The makers of this game have stacked the Deck. They have made it very very hard to win that last one.
I got to 1 thru 9 in 2 days, I could not get that last one over 2. I even used gold on one try.....
And for the gold players, it a easy way to suck your money away from you, like hanging the carrot in front of you....

Tournai
03-07-2013, 08:04 AM
How in the world did you get it without using any money is beyond me..I dropped gold and I was still stuck on 7/10..

because I did 16 maybe 17 openings a day!
I knew Gold is a waste, because I dont want to receive concrete with 20 gold!
Valor or low casualty rate units with gold! well not for me.
So I only go with a medium chance! and the last one i did with a free chance, because I did not expect to get it anymore.

vitus79
03-07-2013, 12:14 PM
i just got my 10th shell in overtime with 15 crates left. it is possible to win but i dont spend gold on those events anymore after a few similar experiences like the players posted above. was lucky this time that my app didnt crash.