PDA

View Full Version : Mw level cap increased

Bala82
03-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Good news for those people in crime city - level cap will be increased 250 in the future

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47652-New-level-cap-250

PawnXIIX
03-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Should definitely be interesting. Now this makes me wonder if the shark tank is going to move up and leave players behind...

Demoni696
03-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Man that will be a crazy push to get 50 levels in less than 30 days for the bonus item. If I remember correctly going from 199 to 200 took me like 4 days in it's self.

It will be a great tool to separate the people that stopped playing and are currently lvl 200.

In addition it will open back up the attack x players 2xx and above challenge = more RP for the new cool items.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 12:33 AM
if you do last map you should be able to level up very fast ?

PawnXIIX
03-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Man that will be a crazy push to get 50 levels in less than 30 days for the bonus item. If I remember correctly going from 199 to 200 took me like 4 days in it's self.

Is there some kind of level up event going on or something in MW?

dudeman
03-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Is there some kind of level up event going on or something in MW?

Get to 250 by noon March 31st, win an item with ridiculous stats.

If energy works the same in that game as it does in CC, refills will probably be required regardless of what map jobs you do.

corbaman
03-06-2013, 01:53 AM
If energy works the same in that game as it does in CC, refills will probably be required regardless of what map jobs you do.

Ya I can't imagine spending gold to get that many resets. Even if you had a crazy high energy limit and pick a great map to farm, you are still talking about thousands of resets.

bald zeemer
03-06-2013, 02:24 AM
Or stamina resets during pvp. Bear in mind that this is for a 9k-ish item. Especially for guys who have limited spare room in their armories these items are awesome.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 03:04 AM
I wonder crime city item will be ?

AK-47
03-06-2013, 05:23 AM
I wonder crime city item will be ?
I hope they don't offer one here... I like the idea of raising the level cap, but when they do, it shouldn't be a race to just make it to the new level cap. Then after a month people will b!tch and moan about now the level cap needs to be 300... At least when they do raise the cap, there will be no more whiners about needing a stat reset because they didn't put in enough energy or whatever else.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 05:34 AM
I hope they don't offer one here... I like the idea of raising the level cap, but when they do, it shouldn't be a race to just make it to the new level cap. Then after a month people will b!tch and moan about now the level cap needs to be 300... At least when they do raise the cap, there will be no more whiners about needing a stat reset because they didn't put in enough energy or whatever else.

I agree but than some players will say it's so unfair that MW get so many stuff while crime city suffers. :(. Personally i don't care either way because i am camper it won't affect but this help move shark tank further up as result .

Dipstik
03-06-2013, 05:37 AM
I agree but than some players will say it's so unfair that MW get so many stuff while crime city suffers. :(.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say that.

honeybadger
03-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Does anyone know how this might work?

Imagine alot of players currently on lvl 200 have enough XP to be pushed right to whatever the cap levels will set at for 250.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 06:01 AM

Imagine alot of players currently on lvl 200 have enough XP to be pushed right to whatever the cap levels will set at for 250.

As soon cap become available the player will start getting experience so no matter how long a player has been at level 200. All level 200 player will start at the same place.

RijilV
03-06-2013, 06:57 AM

At level 200 currently any EXP you get above 1,364,312 is removed so everyone at level 200 would start from the same spot. But yes, otherwise most of us would have more than enough experience from farming for the past year.

Illuminati
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Increasing the level cap means absolutely nothing as long as Gree keeps rewarding the lower level campers. Just look at the epic boss events, for a level 200 player to get 40 boss kills with significant amounts of gold, they would need like 350k attack or something in that area. Meanwhile, the lower level campers get to 40 kills with ease and without gold...and they end up with the same end reward. How is that even remotely fair??

Other than giving a skill point at each level increase, which frankly doesn't mean much, they should reward 200+ players with +1000 attack or maybe a new item with signficant stats for each new level. Because as of right now, there's absolutely no incentive for the lower level campers to level up.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Did you see the item MW get for reaching level 250 end of this month ?

9000 stats

Illuminati
03-06-2013, 10:36 AM

9000 stats

Ok and? How much stats do you think the lower level campers have from all the epic boss event items they've collected? And the 9000 stats item for level 250 isn't a guarantee for anyone. As people have already discussed in this thread, it's probably going to require quite a bit of gold for either energy or stam resets.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 10:40 AM
You can't be sore about this as it's a strategy - Campers benefit so what .

You guys get new respect weapons and you are still complaining ?

JacksonvilleKringle
03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I agree but than some players will say it's so unfair that MW get so many stuff while crime city suffers. :(. Personally i don't care either way because i am camper it won't affect but this help move shark tank further up as result .

I always heard it was the other way around??

Bala82
03-06-2013, 10:51 AM
I always heard it was the other way around??

Think about

MW was first game that had Faction - Synicate in crime city came 2 months afterwards
MW has had 3 domination event while Crime city has just started first one.
MW released new money building during each of events
MW has special offers buy a set of items and get free bonus item prize
MW players recently got awarded 50 free gold and 200stats item

Beardy
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM

9000 stats

The items in MW have higher stats compared to CC anyway, don't they?

So 9000 attack would be comparable to a 3000 attack weapon in CC.

Ben Weston
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I've got 1,364,471 XP :)

Illuminati
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
You can't be sore about this as it's a strategy - Campers benefit so what .

You guys get new respect weapons and you are still complaining ?

I personally wouldn't care about the camper strategy if Gree actually offered a good reason to level up. Since lower level campers can get 40 boss kills without any gold, why not make it only 20 boss kills for level 200 players, like with the first Cheif OMalley event? Even then, a level 200 player with average stats will still have to spend some gold to get the 20th kill.

Or in the alternative, there should be no "tiers" of bosses. There should be one set of bosses for everyone. If you're a lower level and can't beat him, then level up. This is the ONLY game I've ever played where gaining experience and leveling up is a BAD thing.

As for the new respect weapons, have you seen the costs of them? It would take considerable time to save up enough respect for 1 item, whose stats are comparable to a "common" item from a boss event. So not only is there no incentive to level up in this game, but if you do, you actually have to work more to get an item with less stats than one that a lower level can get easier through a boss event.

corbaman
03-06-2013, 01:57 PM
I hope they wait a month... if I don't make it to 200 before the level-up event starts, there's that much less chance I could ever beat it.

realsavior
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
I wonder if/when the cap is raised in CC if the mafia size would be increased also?

Ty1on
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm thinking the increasing the levels in CC from 200 to 250 have to do with how many players are at level 200... So, those of you on the cusp, Come to the Dark Side....

THCraul
03-06-2013, 10:15 PM
I personally wouldn't care about the camper strategy if Gree actually offered a good reason to level up. Since lower level campers can get 40 boss kills without any gold, why not make it only 20 boss kills for level 200 players, like with the first Cheif OMalley event? Even then, a level 200 player with average stats will still have to spend some gold to get the 20th kill.

Or in the alternative, there should be no "tiers" of bosses. There should be one set of bosses for everyone. If you're a lower level and can't beat him, then level up. This is the ONLY game I've ever played where gaining experience and leveling up is a BAD thing.

As for the new respect weapons, have you seen the costs of them? It would take considerable time to save up enough respect for 1 item, whose stats are comparable to a "common" item from a boss event. So not only is there no incentive to level up in this game, but if you do, you actually have to work more to get an item with less stats than one that a lower level can get easier through a boss event.

I agree with Illuminati..... There must be no tier for epic boss, lower levels must built there stats as we higher levels build it with our sweat and blood :P
Its totally unfair to give lower level this amount of advantage......
Or gree could do one thing reset the boss event for everyone and start counting if you beat one epic boss to 40 next event it must get tougher for the person...... In this way the more a player beat (any player irrespective of the level and tier) the epic boss the difficult it becomes...... provided they must consider heavy stat players i.e. there must be some cut off limit in toughness of beating the boss (my point is heavy stat players must be able to beat the boss till level 40 more times (i.e. more boss event wins) than normal stat players).....

dudeman
03-06-2013, 10:33 PM
What they should do regarding the epic boss "issue" (easier for LL than HL), is leave the event alone because they seem to have worked out a lot of the bugs and it seems to function properly, and release limited time quests as they have in KA.

I used to camp for bosses in KA (still never got to the grand prize), but the last couple "LTQs" have been so good that anyone who camps through them is really just plain ignorant. Or stupid. :p :cool:

I know that's not a perfect fix for the boss issue being discussed here, but if they release something new that offers better rewards than a boss event and forces players to level up in the process, it pretty much takes care of the problem because it makes the camping strategy very pointless.

PawnXIIX
03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
They shouldn't touch the bosses. What they should do in general is take the tier scheme that they have right now and in between the top and mid tiers there has to be a new tier added.

Something so that way the top tier becomes up to 250 and the current top tier becomes a little more manageable.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 11:49 PM
I think people are missing a small point the aim of this game is get new players to keep playing because if players quit at lower level they lose the customers. Let look at your suggestion of keep boss at one tier for all players . Lower players would get fed up and quit the game because they think it's not worth the effort. By making it easier for campers and you are encourage them play the game longer. If they do beat boss are you forgetting how much the experience is for beating 35 bosses - 3-5 level jump so eventually they push next tier over a time period.

Munch on it
03-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Or gree could do one thing reset the boss event for everyone and start counting if you beat one epic boss to 40 next event it must get tougher for the person...... In this way the more a player beat (any player irrespective of the level and tier) the epic boss the difficult it becomes...... provided they must consider heavy stat players i.e. there must be some cut off limit in toughness of beating the boss (my point is heavy stat players must be able to beat the boss till level 40 more times (i.e. more boss event wins) than normal stat players).....

I don't think that will work in the long run because the grand prize will increase in stats later on and then the people that can't get to 40 anymore will be crying then because their prizes that they got weren't as good as the what new players can get

TRAZ
03-07-2013, 05:02 AM
Race to a higher level...why not. Let's go!

Illuminati
03-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I think people are missing a small point the aim of this game is get new players to keep playing because if players quit at lower level they lose the customers. Let look at your suggestion of keep boss at one tier for all players . Lower players would get fed up and quit the game because they think it's not worth the effort. By making it easier for campers and you are encourage them play the game longer. If they do beat boss are you forgetting how much the experience is for beating 35 bosses - 3-5 level jump so eventually they push next tier over a time period.

Who do you think would be more inclined to spend money for gold on this game? A lower level player that's only been playing for a few months or a level 200 player that's invested a significant amount of time (and money) already? Like I said earlier, I'm not saying lower level players should be penalized or that I have anything against the camping strategy, but there has to be SOME incentive to leveling up in this game. There's absolutely no reason why a level 200player should have to spend considerable amounts of gold to get 40 boss kills when a lower level campers can do it without any gold whatsoever.

Bala82
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
It's their business model i assume they think player above certain level won't spend gold unless forced to .

A level 200 player wouldn't spend gold on crate item because it won't help them
A Level 200 player won't spend limited gold item because they know better

A level 10-40 player will spend gold on crate and gold item this where they make money - they know these player unlikely to spend gold on boss event but will gold item.

They know level 100 player will spend gold on leaderboard event and boss event.

If people stop spending gold they probably rethink the strategy.

So as long as Gree makes money they happy so why would they change it ?

I agree with you but it's their business unless majority of customer stop spending gold they won't listen.

bald zeemer
03-08-2013, 02:15 AM
I think that your assumption that level 200 players don't buy gold may be slightly incorrect.

Bala82
03-08-2013, 02:26 AM
I think that your assumption that level 200 players don't buy gold may be slightly incorrect.

I am not saying they don't i just saying it's unlikely.

Polarbear
03-08-2013, 02:38 AM
I am not saying they don't i just saying it's unlikely.

I'm pretty sure the bulk of spending comes from 200s, specifically the high rollers and players who still think higher stats will protect them from robs/attacks...

Campers/Crawlers are ones who think more about strategy, so their gold spending is usually very limited.

Polarbear
03-08-2013, 02:59 AM
@TRAZ

Though I also hate the fact LLP are getting free runs at the boss events, ultimately it brings players in and keeps the game alive, which is a good thing...

We now have fairly decent high level cash weapons which sort of compensates the boss events.

So until some boss event camper decides to complain that they have no chance of getting the max level prize, I think everything is dandy here :D

EDIT: If not, just blow all their explosives when the war starts!

Bala82
03-27-2013, 03:28 AM
Well look like race is on

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/MINKSTERMINATER/CC_RankIncrease_zpsdef64819.jpg

Polarbear
03-27-2013, 03:38 AM
Well look like race is on

Seriously they could given player longer to reach it not 4 days :(

Arent we in march at the moment?

Bala82
03-27-2013, 04:02 AM
Your right why did i think we were in April :(

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/4/6/2/2/2262264/image3xl.jpg