PDA

View Full Version : New level cap: 250

manbeast
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr230/mango259/07DEB86B-6D3C-4BD0-BB88-42D9230D95DE-6718-0000048AA61D08B1.jpg

Trebor
03-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Something else ill never see unless its attacking my base

soulnmysole
03-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Dope!

Hopefully the new level cap means a restructuring of the current Epic Boss tiers (more specifically level 151+)

That's an amazing unit, not amazing enough to stop me from camping though :)

ertrifo
03-06-2013, 12:15 AM
What is it? What does it means???

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 12:34 AM
The stats on this thing is crazy! WTF! This clearly is turning into a two tier game alienating newcomers to the game who clearly don't stand a chance. I will discuss further later as I have to drop the kids off at school!

HGF69
03-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Very unfair on LLPs. Not that I am one, just saying.

HGF69
03-06-2013, 12:38 AM
The stats on this thing is crazy! WTF! This clearly is turning into a two tier game alienating newcomers to the game who clearly don't stand a chance. I will discuss further later as I have to drop the kids off at school!

Gree is so out of touch with its customer base. They will alienate people so much soon there will only be a hundred or so players who will keep this alive. Gree can't live off them. Think bigger picture Gree.

Bob Lee Swagger
03-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Great unit to bad I'll never see it..

It's all a dream
03-06-2013, 12:52 AM
nice unit, great stats. but no way ill be leveling 6 levels a day to get it. and entering whale zone in the process.

Baraka
03-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Hopefully like people say it may help with tiering and 150 plus level will be easier in bosses.

procsyzarc
03-06-2013, 01:08 AM
Very unfair on LLPs. Not that I am one, just saying.

You are kidding right? The amount of advantages LLP's have this doesn't come close to closing the gap.

Can see us getting screwed even more as we pass L200

Sillybeans
03-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Boss tier's are based on current stats of people 'within' the tier (as far as I can tell that's the case). Hackers will now continue to 250 is theres a good chance 151-200 boss will be considerably easier but for awhile I 'Hope' the HLP can get some bosses done in the 201-250 tier.

Mcdoc
03-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Go Hackers Go! - Go HACKERS Go!

Let's see how many hackers can make it before March 31 - because It has taken me all this time to get near Spec Ops - I can't imagine anyone legitimately getting to 250 in 24 days with out script or stamina hack - but I could be wrong - half the pirates could be there before Easter :?

Also saw a level 202 player a few minutes ago. I heard beta is seeing new levels - I guess this isn't all we can expect.

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Boss tier's are based on current stats of people 'within' the tier (as far as I can tell that's the case). Hackers will now continue to 250 is theres a good chance 151-200 boss will be considerably easier but for awhile I 'Hope' the HLP can get some bosses done in the 201-250 tier.That's based on the assumption a new tier has been created. Probably has.

Lawyer
03-06-2013, 01:33 AM
As a LLP , this is certainly not an incentive for me to continue playing this game. I am now suspending my gold buying ( bought over 10 vaults last month.... Was and I stress was going to exceed that number this month...not no more ).

soulnmysole
03-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Anybody have a guesstimation of how much XP would have to be gained to go from 200 to 250? Just to put it in some kind of perspective of how difficult a task it is.

waffles
03-06-2013, 01:47 AM
can i just ask...how is it possible to rise by 50 levels in 25 days even if you are a HLP at level 200. the only obvious answer is with gold and lots of it. They would have just been better off assigning a gold price tag to this.

Sillybeans
03-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Comparing gold per stat... the mig is worth approx 4.5k gold since crates on an AVG are close to 2/1.9 per 1 gold. With that in mind @ 100 stamina 4.5k gold is 45k battles with stamina refills... who knows maybe you can jump a new BP rank while rushing to 250?

@ lv 63, 6201 fights won and 427 raids... I have 250k BP

250886 BP / 6628 total raids/fights = 37.85 BP Avg (more when higher obv) 45k battles for me should reward 1703359.98* BP.

Okay after the maths.. goodluck any crazy mofos going for higher ranks :D

soulnmysole
03-06-2013, 01:54 AM
can i just ask...how is it possible to rise by 50 levels in 25 days even if you are a HLP at level 200. the only obvious answer is with gold and lots of it. They would have just been better off assigning a gold price tag to this.
I mean what do you expect?

You think Gree would put out it's strongest unit to date without requiring players to spend gold to acquire it?

I'm just curious how much gold it would take doing stamina refills to increase 50 levels in 24 days.

Sillybeans
03-06-2013, 01:57 AM
If someone could supply me with 3-4 level's I could probably work out an exp 'curve' with that and estimate exp required...

waffles
03-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Comparing gold per stat... the mig is worth approx 4.5k gold since crates on an AVG are close to 2/1.9 per 1 gold. With that in mind @ 100 stamina 4.5k gold is 45k battles with stamina refills... who knows maybe you can jump a new BP rank while rushing to 250?

fair enough im sure there're quite a number of players who can afford it, im just questioning the motive of introducing such a unit. They're obviously gravitating even more to a pay-to-play system...might be that people will be put off by this as seen by the initial response above

Apco
03-06-2013, 02:10 AM
For a light gold spender or a free player in mid way to ops rank, this rank up will take them 10 years to reach death ops...yes like the name say, u might be dead by then

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 02:29 AM
After some careful consideration and reading other's posts, to reach lvl 250 in 24 days due to the XP required to get there, it will require some serious gameplay that probably will require some gold purchases in order to refill the stamina. So I suspect not many players in this game will be able to reach this target and acquire this unit with inflated stats.

There some advantages to increasing the max level to 250. For one, it will move the whale zone further up so that players can level up further now without fear of entering the zone and therefore prolong their game where they don't get beaten up all day, every day, although somehow I don't think that really happens up there.

Considering that these whales now have stats of 1 million+, the stats on this unit are quite small. For sure to us LLPs, these stats are eye watering but in the grand of scheme of things with the new game inflation, these kind of stats will soon become the norm.

The timing of this also means that players who had their accounts reset because of technical issues causing a broken game now don't stand a chance of gaining this unit, unless they spend some serious time and gold to achieve it. For them, money is no object, but everyone is on a level playing field when it comes to time and the time invested in this game.

Although this new game inflation is turning this into a two tiered game, this new max level is extending the life of this game for the higher level players. Let's be honest, all games have a certain lifespan, although online games have the ability to extend the life of the game compared to the traditional off the shelf game. They have their own ways of extending the life of a game by having versioning. EA Sports being the classic way of doing this and getting punters to part with their money with each new year by tweaking the graphics and gameplay but more importantly ensuring the content is bang up to date to encapture the movement of sports persons between teams.

As stated before, GREE might be alienating new entrants to the game and existing players who have made the decision to go slow as well as those players who spent some serious money on purchasing old indestructible units whose stats have now been devalued through this game inflation, but naturally they will focus on providing the best service to those 5% of players who generate 95% of the revenues. They want to ensure that those players continue to spend that will extend the life of this game for all of us. This is the freemium model and it is here to stay as it works really well once you have captured that small audience that is willing to pay where money is no object.

Sillybeans
03-06-2013, 02:40 AM
I'm thankful I level through PvP only....

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 02:46 AM
I'm thankful I level through PvP only....

and EB events, the greatest leveller at these lower levels ;D

waffles
03-06-2013, 02:47 AM
After some careful consideration and reading other's posts, to reach lvl 250 in 24 days due to the XP required to get there, it will require some serious gameplay that probably will require some gold purchases in order to refill the stamina. So I suspect not many players in this game will be able to reach this target and acquire this unit with inflated stats.

There some advantages to increasing the max level to 250. For one, it will move the whale zone further up so that players can level up further now without fear of entering the zone and therefore prolong their game where they don't get beaten up all day, every day, although somehow I don't think that really happens up there.

Considering that these whales now have stats of 1 million+, the stats on this unit are quite small. For sure to us LLPs, these stats are eye watering but in the grand of scheme of things with the new game inflation, these kind of stats will soon become the norm.

The timing of this also means that players who had their accounts reset because of technical issues causing a broken game now don't stand a chance of gaining this unit, unless they spend some serious time and gold to achieve it. For them, money is no object, but everyone is on a level playing field when it comes to time and the time invested in this game.

Although this new game inflation is turning this into a two tiered game, this new max level is extending the life of this game for the higher level players. Let's be honest, all games have a certain lifespan, although online games have the ability to extend the life of the game compared to the traditional off the shelf game. They have their own ways of extending the life of a game by having versioning. EA Sports being the classic way of doing this and getting punters to part with their money with each new year by tweaking the graphics and gameplay but more importantly ensuring the content is bang up to date to encapture the movement of sports persons between teams.

As stated before, GREE might be alienating new entrants to the game and existing players who have made the decision to go slow as well as those players who spent some serious money on purchasing old indestructible units whose stats have now been devalued through this game inflation, but naturally they will focus on providing the best service to those 5% of players who generate 95% of the revenues. They want to ensure that those players continue to spend that will extend the life of this game for all of us. This is the freemium model and it is here to stay as it works really well once you have captured that small audience that is willing to pay where money is no object.

well said. You cant please everyone and this freemium model would be the way to go...

Wai
03-06-2013, 02:57 AM
.....(edited).... but naturally they will focus on providing the best service to those 5% of players who generate 95% of the revenues. They want to ensure that those players continue to spend that will extend the life of this game for all of us. This is the freemium model and it is here to stay as it works really well once you have captured that small audience that is willing to pay where money is no object.

Dutchie I respect your point of view. That could not be a logical and long term successful business model. If you are aware that is true, then they are destined to fail. Those that are locked in don't need all the time and effort because they are locked in. It's the 'churn' of any business sector where the market is and needs the most focus. I don't know the stats for gaming churn but would expect it to be very high. That's where the market is. The die hards that love the product will remain. Attracting and retaining a percentage of the churn is the key. So the marketing buck is not spent on the die hards but those that form part of the churn. I would be very surprised if the real money is not from those outside the 5%. I'm certain Gree would be 'pulling their hair' out if it is as you say. I hope its not.

Giedrybe
03-06-2013, 03:42 AM
How everybody reads the content of this task? Popular belief is that player200 should become player 250 level.

It also says "all COMMANDERS" - any chance they mean rank level? Commanders who become First Sergeants get the prize?

Major Silverback
03-06-2013, 03:54 AM
Can't even imagine the stats the Lvl 250s will have.

TYR_Rune
03-06-2013, 04:14 AM
How much ammo/stamina are needed for each level up?

Alo
03-06-2013, 04:19 AM
question is, when ppl reached lvl 200, did their experience gain stop or not (if not, then maybe someone got directly 200->210)?

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Dutchie I respect your point of view. That could not be a logical and long term successful business model. If you are aware that is true, then they are destined to fail. Those that are locked in don't need all the time and effort because they are locked in. It's the 'churn' of any business sector where the market is and needs the most focus. I don't know the stats for gaming churn but would expect it to be very high. That's where the market is. The die hards that love the product will remain. Attracting and retaining a percentage of the churn is the key. So the marketing buck is not spent on the die hards but those that form part of the churn. I would be very surprised if the real money is not from those outside the 5%. I'm certain Gree would be 'pulling their hair' out if it is as you say. I hope its not.

You could well be right in that the developers don't specifically focus on 'the' 5%, but they try to make the game enjoyable for all levels of customer, whether they are heavy spenders, light spenders and free players.

The game was probably getting stale for those players on level 200 whether they were gold spenders or not and so they have extended the max cap as well as adding new rankings to the game to bring new life to it for those players.

They can see how many 'active' players are at level 200 and maybe they did see some churn at this level because there was nothing left to achieve within the game for them.

With new content and improvements to this game as well as working through the issues raised by us, the players and their customers, it does seem that the MW development team have been burning the candle at both ends to make it happen. Of course there are still outstanding issues and improvements we would like to see, but I can see improvements, I can see issues being resolved and I can see them adding new content to extend the life of this game for those players who had attained all goals within the game and that is a good thing!

Dudebot121256
03-06-2013, 04:42 AM
Geez, I have to climb over 200 levels in less than a month to get that -_-

Chairman Han
03-06-2013, 05:03 AM
It is not a bad thing to move the whales to the other end with this monster unit. When you have over 100K stats, this is only less than 10% increase of your stats. I don't think many people will rush to it.

Mcdoc
03-06-2013, 05:13 AM
I think I will stay right here at level 200 for a while and let the Giants move on so I have a chance to become the Biggest Senior in High School when those guys rush off to college :)

LagBolt
03-06-2013, 05:13 AM
It is not a bad thing to move the whales to the other end with this monster unit. When you have over 100K stats, this is only less than 10% increase of your stats. I don't think many people will rush to it.

I agree with moving the whales away but this does lean towards a 2 tier game. These new units that are given to players like that 200 A/D unit the other week just put new players at an instant disadvantage to players that joined a month before.

Chairman Han
03-06-2013, 05:14 AM
The cap on 500 ally used for each battle is not changed. Therefore, any leveling passing 100 is still not good.

ohwhatafinish
03-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Well, i always thought that when I reach whale zone ill pack the game in, it's fun in the lower levels at least you win a few and a lose a few. When the rest of us get to L250 we won't stand a chance when units like that are brought into the game. At least I've got a another year of playing

Web323
03-06-2013, 07:36 AM
But what about everyone that has been at level 200 for a while and not being able to increase their exp because of the old cap. Most players by now would already be level 250. Gets even better with the new point system in the battles, say a weak level 250 might even be worth 1000 WD points now.

Ranger4Life
03-06-2013, 08:07 AM
question is, when ppl reached lvl 200, did their experience gain stop or not (if not, then maybe someone got directly 200->210)?

It stopped. My HLP has been sitting on level 200 for a few months and I've finally started gaining XP again.

Alo
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
It stopped. My HLP has been sitting on level 200 for a few months and I've finally started gaining XP again.

ok, then it sucks and is nearly impossible to get lvl 250 and that enormous prize for it for higher people :D

I'm not so jelaous any more :D

changing
03-06-2013, 08:17 AM
I think I will stay right here at level 200 for a while and let the Giants move on so I have a chance to become the Biggest Senior in High School when those guys rush off to college :)

You are very right

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
ok, then it sucks and is nearly impossible to get lvl 250 and that enormous prize for it for higher people :D

I'm not so jelaous any more :D

You can bet your bottom dollar that Ranger will get there! I know him too well :)

Tech2
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I am under the impression this carrot is not what it seems, and we should all just relax with why its being done and who is being alienated. Eagerly awaiting these results.

sbs2716g
03-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Saw some more with level of 211 earlier.

Jhoemel
03-07-2013, 01:46 AM
I already saw some level 222

Speed ump
03-07-2013, 05:12 AM
22 levels in 24 hours or less? I can level as fast or faster than most players, yet I could never do 22 levels, or even 12 in that time, and I assume they continue to take longer as you climb, as they have in the past. I would have to think these are energy hackers, or some other type of hacking. I do know that they can reset their levels where they wish too. I don't like to complain about others if their accomplishments are legit, and just are doing very well, but I've been around long enough, that I don't believe that's a realistic possibility. If someone here happens to have done that well, please explain your secret, as it takes nothing away from what you would earn.

digisyn
03-07-2013, 06:52 AM
I saw the 222 as well. Alot of gold and high end boss looting could explain it. I'm making a run at it in 24 hours I leveled once and half way to 202 on 10 stamina refills. Why so much crying about "whale zone"? There's big hitters in every tier of play. By the time you get to 200-250 you'll be just as prepared as you are now. You will continue to grow stronger and if your in a good ranking faction, hell you are probably elite in your rival list.

Alo
03-07-2013, 08:26 AM
You can bet your bottom dollar that Ranger will get there! I know him too well :)

well couple of players gets it no problem, but when 1000 gets it and when I get there sometime later dont get it...then its.....jelaousy :D

D3V
03-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Hackers you say??

I can't wait to see a guy with 36000 of these 10k/10k units in their stock :D

Alo
03-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Hackers you say??

I can't wait to see a guy with 36000 of these 10k/10k units in their stock :D

then U'll get answer, seems legit ;)

sbs2716g
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Already saw someone reach level 250

I am a cow
03-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Holy S$#%!!!!! Never gonna see that unit in my life should make it a permanent reward for making it to level 250