PDA

View Full Version : is there any point in defense buildings

dag16
03-05-2013, 01:51 PM
when people attacking me have atk >50k, what's a building with defense of 100 really matter?
or is building defense multiplied like skill points are?

Hivesy
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Think of defence buildings like gold units. You can't lose them in battle and they add their stats to your defence score. If someone raids them you can fix them easily enough. I don't think their radius of effect does much, forget that, if someone with 20k - 50k more attack than your defence decides to raid you then 5 rail guns all around your article rig ain't going to help.

However if you've got the space, and you don't mind upgrading them, defence buildings will help you out. Every level 1 detention centre for example is like having a gold stealth surveillance drone.

BSG123
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't think their radius of effect does much, forget that, if someone with 20k - 50k more attack than your defence decides to raid you then 5 rail guns all around your article rig ain't going to help.

Those rail guns may be the reason your rival just lost a unit during his raid, though, so to the contrary, those rail guns do make a difference. Your rival may, then, think twice about a second visit.

Defense buildings make a difference—when they are used effectively (overlapped around objects of special interest/i.e. boost buildings, high output money buildings)

BSG123
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
For instance, my rival just invested in some new defense, I believe. I've been raiding his ACs and AMRs almost daily, because I'm apparently a better hunter than he is a diligent collector. So last visit, I dropped a Transport Raider during my attack. Make a difference? Yes. I may raid him more infrequently. Now, I'll probably just wait till he overvaults ^_^

SuperSonic Chimp
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Uhhh...in my experience, when the avatar is walking the base and you attack him, if he is in the radius of a boost building, his defense stats are increased...you are more likely to lose a fight if you attack in a defense building area...that is, if your stats are borderline of beating them in the first place. I never attack around a defense building. I wait until he walks out of the zone.

Example...you know when you attack someone 3 times in a row and all of a sudden lose one or two fights, check the area, Im sure he walked into the range of a defense building. Also, keep in mind, I think the game counts his projected path as well. As the avatar stops moving when you highlight him to attack, I think he is in fact still walking in and out of zones. the bigger the range of the defensive building, the bigger the area you may lose that fight. Try it and get back to me. :-)

rsd007
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Those rail guns may be the reason your rival just lost a unit during his raid, though, so to the contrary, those rail guns do make a difference. Your rival may, then, think twice about a second visit.

Defense buildings make a difference—when they are used effectively (overlapped around objects of special interest/i.e. boost buildings, high output money buildings)
What happens if someone attacks your boost building?

BSG123
03-05-2013, 02:55 PM
What happens if someone attacks your boost building?

Defense weakens...

But if you're attacking someone and it's not going well, where you feel you need to take out a boost building, you're generally going to need to take out more than one, entirely, and then that's (-)6 or 9 stamina. Could be you're better off finding an easier target. Unless it's a composite factory making the difference. That one boost makes a lot of difference.

rsd007
03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
thanks for the info, I was wondering what was the point of attacking buildings other than money buildings

bbprofitz
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Uhhh...in my experience, when the avatar is walking the base and you attack him, if he is in the radius of a boost building, his defense stats are increased...you are more likely to lose a fight if you attack in a defense building area...that is, if your stats are borderline of beating them in the first place. I never attack around a defense building. I wait until he walks out of the zone.

ROFL are you serious??? lolololol

Major Ed Rush
03-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Example...you know when you attack someone 3 times in a row and all of a sudden lose one or two fights, check the area, Im sure he walked into the range of a defense building. Also, keep in mind, I think the game counts his projected path as well. As the avatar stops moving when you highlight him to attack, I think he is in fact still walking in and out of zones. the bigger the range of the defensive building, the bigger the area you may lose that fight. Try it and get back to me. :-)

No joke i have noticed the same thing (if it is a real mechanic or just coincidence i dont know) but if i am border line with the opponent and i attack when they are near defensive building i lose more than win.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
ROFL are you serious??? lolololol

As a heart attack.....

Starling
03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
How important is the composite factory and what does it boost?

SuperSonic Chimp
03-05-2013, 03:50 PM

I believe it's 2% per upgrade level of OVERALL defensive stats...that's pretty damn important.....

BSG123
03-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Take your defense stat multiplied by 0.2, and there you have what a level 10 CF would give you.

Starling
03-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Thank you Supersonic chimp. Here's a banana. BSG thanks as well, here's some 'baco for your pipe. Really though I do appreciate the answers.

BigD@wg
03-05-2013, 05:13 PM

It's the only Gold building worth buying. And yes it can make a difference.

General Maximus
03-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Thank you Supersonic chimp. Here's a banana. BSG thanks as well, here's some 'baco for your pipe. Really though I do appreciate the answers.

Starling... Your sense of humor is awesome! You clearly surround yourself every 3 days with outstanding people! 343 brother!

Starling
03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Why thank you General Minimus! My family really looks forward to that 3rd day Hahaha. Good luck in Egypt!

Always 343.