PDA

View Full Version : Milspec Will be Boycotting the Raid on Egypt Event

Milspec1
03-05-2013, 09:21 AM
After alot of thought, after alot of reaching out to Gree via CJ, Tickets etc

We have decided to sit out this event

As a Top 25 Faction we spend Alot of time & money on the game, not to mention within events

Few Reasons

Total disregard for us as customers has disgusted me
The sense of enetitlement and oh they will keep spending money we don't have to address issues stance
The lack of transparency
The lack of communication
The total disregard for the wishes of the community to shorten event and have them spaced a minimum of 30 days, firing off event after event shows GREED
Not fixing known problems
Not treating the 2 platforms equally ios & android it should be a level & equal playing field
The Greenland SCAM you pulled starting it over a weekend where you knew you'd have to extend the event because of a so called holiday
Allowing hackers to run rampant in the game and not doing anything about it because your internal discussions deemed it forces us to spend more gold and upgrade our units
Giving extreme special treatment to a select few factions & players allowing them to RESET get refunded all of their gold and start all over buying new current stronger units
Ignoring the fact that some users have found a way to abuse the system and attack the same people over & over & over multiple times a day for weeks straight costing people units, cash and their valuable time
Events are designed to cause mass casualties in order to get you to spend more on units, cash and to desire indestructible units
No live fixes or support during events, Android users had a massive glitch giving ios players a big advantage

Bottom line is things need to change. I've personally spent ALOT of money on this game and I have put a full stop on that until some of these issues are addressed and FIXED!

My Entire Faction 30 + Players will NOT be spending any money with you Gree during this event. I estimate this will cost you between 25k-50k

We will play free hits only, and hope for a top 100. It pains me greatly and is a tough decision considering how competitive I am, ask anyone in my Faction.

I hope if anything this opens some eyes, and maybe some you will join us

cook976
03-05-2013, 09:28 AM
that is a weak boycott...sitting out completely would at least show them you mean it.

Milspec1
03-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Why would they care one way or the other, sit out or play free makes no diff. It's ALL ABOUT the money to them, EVERYTHING they do, every event is carefully and tactically created to make you spend money, and we will not.

TYR_Rune
03-05-2013, 09:34 AM
RESET??? is this true? Reset to a few selected faction?
That would be unfair... How true is this?

Deskjockey
03-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Cook--I don't agree with you. Milspec has it right. He's hitting Gree where it hurts them most, in their bottom line. Gree doesn't care if you play the game for free when you boycott, it cares if you stop spending money. In fact, not playing only hurts the players, since they lose the source of enjoyment they derive from the game. By playing for free, they get to keep it while still using Gree's resources. Now, the real question is if a single faction boycotting is going to make a difference. Bottom line, it won't. Milspec will need a lot of others to join him before Gree notices a dent in their revenue stream. If that happens, then he will have succeeded.

Vegaman
03-05-2013, 09:37 AM
As much as i respect your reasons and decisions to boycott the Egypt War, there is little evidence it will have any effect on what GREE does. From what i read MW seems to be at the end of its shelf life. I don't think they ever designed this game to be a long term buy in. More a few levels. Spend money because you want to build up quickly and then drop out. Its a good cash generation model. I don't think they anticipated so many long term players, thus turning off many lower level start up players, due to the super players who dominate everything. (Hence revenues drop and game shelved).
What has worked is then re-coded and next game born... And the cycle begins again. We all know we are the 'guinea pigs' for Crime City. and Crime City will be the model for the next and so on.....

cook976
03-05-2013, 09:40 AM
you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

TYR_Rune
03-05-2013, 09:44 AM
If u will use only free health dont expect youll land top 10, its impossible unless each of your members will buy a few hundred gold..
Youll probably land top-1K or 4K..

Anyway.. If all those reasons mentioned above are true then I think all factions (aside from top 3) should join the boycott..

Deskjockey
03-05-2013, 09:49 AM
As much as i respect your reasons and decisions to boycott the Egypt War, there is little evidence it will have any effect on what GREE does. From what i read MW seems to be at the end of its shelf life. I don't think they ever designed this game to be a long term buy in. More a few levels. Spend money because you want to build up quickly and then drop out. Its a good cash generation model. I don't think they anticipated so many long term players, thus turning off many lower level start up players, due to the super players who dominate everything. (Hence revenues drop and game shelved).
What has worked is then re-coded and next game born... And the cycle begins again. We all know we are the 'guinea pigs' for Crime City. and Crime City will be the model for the next and so on.....

Ummm... Crime city was the first game in the series. MW came second, then KA, then MQ. Just correcting the record.

Web323
03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I know of a couple of factions that have gone to free hits only during this event. I recieved a response stating that I am now in the bonus program after being in it for months. I have yet to recieve my bonus for February and have now stopped buying gold.

steveo127
03-05-2013, 10:54 AM
25-50K? you think each player in your faction will spend on average $1,667 buying a total of 25,000 gold, on this event?? If that were true, then why boycott? you could easily get top 3.

$50,000/42 players in faction=1.9K per faction member

1.19K/$100 per vault = 11.9 vaults...*1500 gold per vault = 17857 gold (mind you this is assuming there's NOT a sale, in which case the total would be even greater)

17857 gold/25 gold per refill= 714.2 refills. 714.2 refills*4 hits/refill = 2,856.8 hits per member.

2,856.8 hits/member * 42 members = 120,000 hits.

120,000 * 225 points per hit = 27,000,000 WD Points, enough to overtake Ferr's Emperors, and enough to give PUN a run for their money, in the last two battles.

again, this is assuming you have ONLY 30 members, that there is NO sale, and that you have NO bonus gold being used.

of course, this entire post could have been summarized in a few words: 1) your estimations for the "dent" in GREE's paycheck they will receive based on your "boycott" is incredibly inflated; 2) your "boycott" can hardly be taken seriously by GREE, as with 1000's of competing factions, even if only a fraction of them spend gold, their cumulative total will make your boycott look like nothing.

my advice, quit complaining about GREE

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
$50,000/42 = $1,190 / member in gold purchases.

The rest flows nicely.

Let's call it 12 vaults / player. 12*1500 g = 18,000 g, but you forgot the 4 FREE hits, and maybe a few "regen" hits.

As far as giving PUN a run for our money, bloody unlikely sonny.

Why do we worry with an 8,000,000 point lead?

Heck, we slow down when we're up by 4,000,000.

You also assume a very difficult per hit total - 225 per hit is often impossible.

Otherwise, your premise is sound.

Your last sentence summed it up rather succinctly, unfortunately your advice won't be heeded, it'll be hated!!!!

25-50K? you think each player in your faction will spend on average $1,667 buying a total of 25,000 gold, on this event?? If that were true, then why boycott? you could easily get top 3.$50,000/42 players in faction=1.9K per faction member1.19K/$100 per vault = 11.9 vaults...*1500 gold per vault = 17857 gold (mind you this is assuming there's NOT a sale, in which case the total would be even greater)17857 gold/25 gold per refill= 714.2 refills. 714.2 refills*4 hits/refill = 2,856.8 hits per member.2,856.8 hits/member * 42 members = 120,000 hits.120,000 * 225 points per hit = 27,000,000 WD Points, enough to overtake Ferr's Emperors, and enough to give PUN a run for their money, in the last two battles.again, this is assuming you have ONLY 30 members, that there is NO sale, and that you have NO bonus gold being used.of course, this entire post could have been summarized in a few words: 1) your estimations for the "dent" in GREE's paycheck they will receive based on your "boycott" is incredibly inflated; 2) your "boycott" can hardly be taken seriously by GREE, as with 1000's of competing factions, even if only a fraction of them spend gold, their cumulative total will make your boycott look like nothing. my advice, quit complaining about GREE

HGF69
03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Total respect for all your points, I hope it does some good.

Some Random Clown
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Youll probably land top-1K or 4K...

Nope with 42 members, all the bonuses bought, and actually playing a full series of matches they will easily slide into top 500 by my guess. More likely top 250 if you play the entire war and not coast at all. My bunch does not use gold, I only had 12 active members last war and we only ran 40 matches. We got squeezed out of the top 1000 in the final closing hours because we all have jobs.

Reutdog
03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Cook--I don't agree with you. Milspec has it right. He's hitting Gree where it hurts them most, in their bottom line. Gree doesn't care if you play the game for free when you boycott, it cares if you stop spending money. In fact, not playing only hurts the players, since they lose the source of enjoyment they derive from the game. By playing for free, they get to keep it while still using Gree's resources. Now, the real question is if a single faction boycotting is going to make a difference. Bottom line, it won't. Milspec will need a lot of others to join him before Gree notices a dent in their revenue stream. If that happens, then he will have succeeded.

The only way to hit them in their wallet is to have PUN, Ferr, AND super faction all sit out this war. Now we are talking about a dent. NOW you're talking about $50k. But good luck doing that.

Some Random Clown
03-05-2013, 12:27 PM
The only way to hit them in their wallet is to have PUN, Ferr, AND super faction all sit out this war. Now we are talking about a dent. NOW you're talking about $50k. But good luck doing that.

I dont think PUN would like letting another group get thier name on the winners board. They own two sections of the map and are planning on coloring in the spaces in between with thier flag as well.:rolleyes:

Lunacy79
03-05-2013, 12:31 PM

As a Top 25 Faction we spend Alot of time & money on the game, not to mention within events

Few Reasons

The sense of enetitlement and oh they will keep spending money we don't have to address issues stance
The lack of transparency
The total disregard for the wishes of the community to shorten event and have them spaced a minimum of 30 days, firing off event after event shows GREED
Not treating the 2 platforms equally ios & android it should be a level & equal playing field
The Greenland SCAM you pulled starting it over a weekend where you knew you'd have to extend the event because of a so called holiday
Allowing hackers to run rampant in the game and not doing anything about it because your internal discussions deemed it forces us to spend more gold and upgrade our units
Giving extreme special treatment to a select few factions & players allowing them to RESET get refunded all of their gold and start all over buying new current stronger units
Ignoring the fact that some users have found a way to abuse the system and attack the same people over & over & over multiple times a day for weeks straight costing people units, cash and their valuable time
Events are designed to cause mass casualties in order to get you to spend more on units, cash and to desire indestructible units
No live fixes or support during events, Android users had a massive glitch giving ios players a big advantage

Bottom line is things need to change. I've personally spent ALOT of money on this game and I have put a full stop on that until some of these issues are addressed and FIXED!

My Entire Faction 30 + Players will NOT be spending any money with you Gree during this event. I estimate this will cost you between 25k-50k

We will play free hits only, and hope for a top 100. It pains me greatly and is a tough decision considering how competitive I am, ask anyone in my Faction.

I hope if anything this opens some eyes, and maybe some you will join usi salute you and your faction !!!!! Much respect !!!

spitfire
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
If the top 3 and top 10 factions all boycott the event, the other factions will spend a crap load just to make it to the top 3 or 10. Boycotting wont do any good but gain you respect while the same people are glad you are no longer a threat.

HGF69
03-05-2013, 12:47 PM
If the top 3 and top 10 factions all boycott the event, the other factions will spend a crap load just to make it to the top 3 or 10.

I wouldn't change a thing about the way I play trust me, I play within my means and so doe most people here.

anonymousMW
03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Hello ...
Changes are needed.
Personally, would increase levels. 200-500
Reduce construction time. reduce land costs.
All units act, without building a base and a super army. the game loses coherence of the military strategy. etc....
ban. ip block cheaters.

The game needs to grow, many sharks in a fishbowl. the game has a future, but you have to make it bigger.

Reutdog
03-05-2013, 01:19 PM
If the top 3 and top 10 factions all boycott the event, the other factions will spend a crap load just to make it to the top 3 or 10. Boycotting wont do any good but gain you respect while the same people are glad you are no longer a threat.

There is no way any other teams on here spend that much even if they tried.

Jhenry02
03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Good luck milspec.
We are tapering back.
We are still spending gold, but not nearly as much as before.

-J

Товарищ
03-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Few Reasons

The lack of transparency

I hope if anything this opens some eyes, and maybe some you will join us
Very good points and much respect for your sacrifice!

Though, I think GREE killed the two following birds with one stone being the introduction of factions:
One is make more money.
Second one is that they countered the boycott threat as it was when everybody were lone-wolves. Sadly, I think PJ and Ferr (and anyone else in a top faction) now have much less free will and influence to start a boycott,
partly because they have to answer to the rest of the faction
(so does every individual in every faction now),
and partly because the top is so competitive and the top spots will simply be lost to someone else!
So, hurrah GREEd! That's definitely a "check".
And it might even not be too far fetched to call it "checkmate"... :/

I've had the exact same thoughts ever since the super-imbalanced money buildings appeared, followed by events with 3-4x the usual unit stats, shamelessly prolonged BfG, shamelessly close Egypt, replacing faction PvP with a crate event having a 8x the usual stats grand prize...
...all I see is a last spurt of a money grab, with absolutely no care about long-term sustainability, as if they already decided that this is a closed venture, but delaying the shut-down until the money-flow dries up, in the meantime squeezing as much out as possible.

I think we should get used to the idea that:
"This week might be the last week that modern war loads and shows my base - instead of an error dialog"
Think of how much time, effort (and money) you've put in this game, what if it all suddenly was gone?

GREEd's last, ultimate and grandest money-making scheme could be "holding our games as hostages from us, demanding ransom for access..."!

soulnmysole
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Say you're going to boycott... then once the event starts, your faction is competing for top 25, while simultaneously complaining during the whole event. Only to get yourself banned for spamming the board with thread after thread. Then threaten to leave the board and never post again.

Either stick to your guns, or don't start a thread like this.

Hope it works out for ya. :)

Rayda
03-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I totally agree with this boycott although I think it should be a bit more far reaching and not do the event at all.

If just the top 100 factions did this .... well.... WOOP WOOP... be great for the rest of us!!!!

BSG123
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Nordic Gods Marching (top 100) is not using gold this event.

When it came to deciding whether to fight at all, I figure we can still get a few sweet units—just, maybe not the top 100 prize

Blest@iBOB!.mw
03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
"This week might be the last week that modern war loads and shows my base - instead of an error dialog"
Think of how much time, effort (and money) you've put in this game, what if it all suddenly was gone?

GREEd's last, ultimate and grandest money-making scheme could be "holding our games as hostages from us, demanding ransom for access..."![/QUOTE]

What an utterly depressing thought...:(

CJ54
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM

It's also utterly ridiculous.

Kot
03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Care to comment what milspec are saying?
Not that easy?

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Milspec, goodbye, we'll carry on without you.

sherlock123
03-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Boycott hardly ever works in a capitalist system where money is the king/god and many other people are still willing to buy products.

More than 4000 guys play MW and many of them spend money on gold. A boycott by a mere 30 players won't bring any change.

Товарищ
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
To not have any out of context misunderstandings, here's the full of it...

I've had the exact same thoughts ever since the super-imbalanced money buildings appeared, followed by events with 3-4x the usual unit stats, shamelessly prolonged BfG, shamelessly close Egypt, replacing faction PvP with a crate event having a 8x the usual stats grand prize...
...all I see is a last spurt of a money grab, with absolutely no care about long-term sustainability, as if they already decided that this is a closed venture, but delaying the shut-down until the money-flow dries up, in the meantime squeezing as much out as possible.

GREEd's last, ultimate and grandest money-making scheme could be "holding our games as hostages from us, demanding ransom for access..."!

I really do hope that's the truth CJ!
I'm really enjoying this game and it's community, but I'm also aware that I'm investing huge amounts of time and effort into MW (for good and for bad).

Pass it along to the highest-ups that they need to be friends with the players/customers, not enemies nor indifferent to everything but money. That's when GREEd can get rid of the "d" and get the "AT", also that's how long-term survival works...
(hope this isn't words in the wind..)

Speed ump
03-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Ok, newsflash. Gree is a for profit business. Everything they do is to generate money. I was not aware that they ever said anything different. Unless you work for a non profit corporation, you are employed to help your company produce money. If not, there's a resolution for that, a going out of business sale. Is three weeks to soon, yes. There are a few things I would like to see changed too, such as shorter events. Having said that, it's the same for everyone. Hackers? They have made strides and the skill point hackers are gone, yes there are still other types, but far less than before, and not as intrusive. I'm happier today with the efforts being made than I was when the wd event was first announced. Just noticed they once again have changed the dates for the event, this time for the better. Guess they could not figure out what day Friday was on the calendar.lol. This game has never been perfect, and probably never will. I believe we may see some further improvements in the near future. Look at the new cash counter. Cj said its a stopgap, but again, an effort. I would have thought they might get less grief if they let us know more about what they are working on, but I'd say recent Events have led me to believe that no matter what improvements they would discuss, they would catch grief anyway. Try looking at the positives, and at least give some praise where it's due. I have yet to see any positive comments about the cash counter, just complaints about all the notices, about how long it shows up, etc. my lord, they nerfed the skill point hackers. Where's the thread " skill point hackers nerfed, praise gree". Everything is always negative. Sit out the event. Look for all the negatives, I'm sure you can find plenty. I'd prefer to say thanks, gree for fixing some big deal things. Why do you thing they started a thread for our input on changes. No need to do that if they never planned on making any. We have seen signs that hey are indeed working on things, yet we chose to ignore these signs. I see everyone worrying about what everyone else is doing, instead of what they can do to improve their own factions, instead of tring to bring down other teams. Most of the factions could do so much more for themselves with a few simple changes, yet I see their efforts spent on negatives instead of positives. If members don't agree and want to leave, they are not evil, and it's better that they did leave. Your goals and theirs do not match, why try to force them, or call them names. Spend your efforts finding other players that fit the rest of your faction. Maybe you take a step back, before you can take a step forward. Enjoy the game and the event. Don't make it so life and death. We have been accused of this, but you know what? I know we have more fun than any other faction. And it has nothing to do with being in first place. I have called this a social game. We have interactions with each other. I can see talking smack to opponents, but why are you p,aging with a team, of you don't enjoy it, or the people that you play with. Don't let it get too serious, the guy you're playing against this event just might be your teammate in the next.

-War Priest
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
The thrill of the battle, the anticipation and the adrenaline rush that's what I live for. Boycott all you want its your loss. For me I love the rush.. I live for war

Trebor
03-05-2013, 07:11 PM
After the world is dominated the game is done ! Save ya boycott til

CplJC
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Go for it bro! Do it! Stick it to these bums!

Luck.E
03-05-2013, 08:32 PM
It's been utterly ridiculous to android players since the first day it became available to android.

I wonder have those developers ever tried to play on android themselves.
It seems it took them 4-5 months to realize there indeed are some tiny glitches on android.

It is getting better now. But can they not working that hard to push new events one after one, instead fixing some existed problems? The A/D stats, the most important stats, are still utterly ridiculously wrong in android profile. Is there any other game in the world that messed up these? don't need to mention those disappeared buildings, the long matches to rival bases.

Baraka
03-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Complete respect to you Milspec for doing it. We had a chat about it but there's too much pride and gold wanting to be thrown about. You should just do it for free and pick up a few units.

Grand Overlord
03-06-2013, 03:32 AM

Regardless of my own views about the grievances aired in this thread, it seems a shame that you've chosen this one to respond to, rather than one of the less sensationalist posts - unless......

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 04:02 AM
... Where's the thread " skill point hackers nerfed, praise gree". Everything is always negative. Sit out the event. Look for all the negatives, I'm sure you can find plenty. I'd prefer to say thanks, gree for fixing some big deal things....

So why didn't you create this thread then?

I agree, GREE have been working very hard behind the scenes, listening to their customers to improve the game and not enough praise is given. CJ's job is a thankless one but customer services has always been about dealing with customer complaints.

Blest@iBOB!.mw
03-06-2013, 08:27 AM

THANK YOU CJ!!!!!... i feel so much better... Tavarish's post hit me like punch in the gut!... PLUS i saw you guys rolled out an upgrade that breathed new life into the game... I LOVE MW!

thunder
03-06-2013, 11:18 AM
No one cares that you weak faction is sitting out.

LagBolt
03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
No one cares that you weak faction is sitting out.

Small pebbles start avalanches.

If they want to sit out paying for this event, all power to them. Think what you could buy instead of what would be invested in this event.

syltaylor
03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
I am all for it being every 2 weeks. maybe it will break the bank on the top ones enought make make it a little more competetive for the rest of us instead of the same ones always landing in the top because they have more money to blow.

go ahead sit it out. no skin off my back.

2nd dan
03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I have been waiting over 1.5- almost 2 months for my support ticket to get sorted...

Vegaman
03-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I'LL EAT THIS FORUM Thread IF MILSPEC SIT IT OUT.
IT'S A TACTICAL BLUFF.

WE'LL BE GOING FOR IT FULL ON. WHOO HOO.......

IT'S A GAME.....

GET IT A GAME. !!!!

Milspec1
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Appreciate the support guys. Found it amusing "Gree" checked into the thread but avoided responding to even one issue or point. Just wanted to assure you they'd be around for you to keep spending money on it. Somedude you're absolutely right it's simply an ATM machine when it comes to these games very little strategy and no skill what so ever, I'd like to see some human element come into play versus who can spend the most, and this is coming from someone who can spend whatever it takes. Bottom line is anyone who has bought gold is a PAYING Customer and deserves to be treated as such, if your local store, restaurant or manufacturer treated you this way.. not only would you NEVER buy their product again but you'd bash them and let all your friends know what crap customer service they provide. This is a PRODUCT that you spend your hard earned money on and your valuable time, and I believe we all have the right to expect more.

Again thanks for all of the support, pm's etc.

goldenarchie
03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
alright so lets get the poll up....will they end up
A top 100
B top 250
C top 500
D top 1000
E Above top 50 cause they couldn't stand not spending gold and dropped a few hundies each on the Sunday.

Milspec1
03-06-2013, 01:55 PM
lol @ option E

Web323
03-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I say option C

Milspec1
03-06-2013, 02:01 PM
We'd like to get top 100 but honestly it's irrelevant where we wind up, the point is none of us will be buying any new vaults for this event

The bigger point is no response, no action, no solutions and still could care less paying customers aren't happy

CplJC
03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
We'd like to get top 100 but honestly it's irrelevant where we wind up, the point is none of us will be buying any new vaults for this event

The bigger point is no response, no action, no solutions and still could care less paying customers aren't happy
Amen brother! Only way to create a response and a motion from them is through us! We have the power.. but only in masses

ThaBoom
03-06-2013, 03:35 PM
i'm going to select option b and i'm going to go all math on you fools. in a three day event without gold i don't think you can score much more than 30k points per member, so let's say an average of 25k. for 42 players that's 1,050,000. if greenland had been three days top 100 would have required 1,272,360. qed.

Milspec1
03-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Well we shall see whatever it is, is what ever it is, I'm sure some people still have some gold left over .. but who knows. Like I said it's a goal, but the bottom line it's not most important. Eliciting a reply, some action, some customer service would be the ultimate goal

Wufnu
03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Good one on ya Diesel. OTS has also decided to go no-gold/very light gold as this event just follows too closely after the last one. And the fact that so far we have got NOTHING we've asked for in that 120+ page thread on WD Suggestions. And we got NOTHING that we asked for after the first WD event.

Milspec1
03-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Glad to hear it Wufnu, it's the only way to make your voice heard. Def not an easy decision for the competitive side of us, but has to be done.

Sir Steveos
03-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I will be sitting out Egypt as well I have been waiting for my gold bonus of 50k for 15 days now. I won't be playing until I get it.

CplJC
03-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Well we shall see whatever it is, is what ever it is, I'm sure some people still have some gold left over .. but who knows. Like I said it's a goal, but the bottom line it's not most important. Eliciting a reply, some action, some customer service would be the ultimate goalRegardless of what your faction ultimately decides to do..It will be 100% interesting to see where you land as temptations are truly a mother trucker you know mate...If you guys truly do not spend gold..My man, My hat is off to you fellows..That is all

spitfire
03-07-2013, 12:32 AM
I will be sitting out Egypt as well I have been waiting for my gold bonus of 50k for 15 days now. I won't be playing until I get it.

I am in the same boat. Not 50k but still waiting for my bonus and won't be buying any more.

waffles
03-07-2013, 01:39 AM

lol congrats you finally managed to post on the forum...ya the rest of us we'll hold the fort until your bonus gets in!

Mcdoc
03-07-2013, 02:45 AM
The thrill of the battle, the anticipation and the adrenaline rush that's what I live for. Boycott all you want its your loss. For me I love the rush.. I live for war

Wow - War Priest AND BigFlan are back ? ? ? ? ? Time warp indeed :)

Sillybeans
03-07-2013, 07:31 AM
With active members 250+ is doable without gold trust me, the difference between 29th and 25th was almost double and between 25th and 100th was x4 difference

Milspec1
03-07-2013, 07:40 AM
We'll see Beans who knows where we will wind up, this is also a shorter event it may be different. Good luck!

Poopenshire
03-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Wow - War Priest AND BigFlan are back ? ? ? ? ? Time warp indeed :)

That is not the War Priest you know from the past...... trust me.

Some Random Clown
03-07-2013, 07:50 AM
alright so lets get the poll up....will they end up
A top 100
B top 250
C top 500
D top 1000
E Above top 50 cause they couldn't stand not spending gold and dropped a few hundies each on the Sunday.

I stick with my earlier prediction of B. I think it comes down to the determination to still play. Being down in the Kiddie pool, i can't tell what matchups you all get but it still all comes down to how many points you score, not how many times you get your butt handed to you by another group. Also, if you only face the same size/strength groups, do you still try to take out the maxed out fort without health packs or just score half point shots.

Milspec1
03-07-2013, 02:54 PM
We shall see, we shall see :) I just want everyone to have fun, for events to be fair to us, and not soley based on money. I'd like to see customer service, and as you can still see Gree could care less if paying customers are unhappy. Stop giving them your hard earned money and it may eventually open some eyes

Hupernikomen
03-07-2013, 03:21 PM
We shall see, we shall see :) I just want everyone to have fun, for events to be fair to us, and not soley based on money. I'd like to see customer service, and as you can still see Gree could care less if paying customers are unhappy. Stop giving them your hard earned money and it may eventually open some eyes

You spend up to 50k as a faction on an event and wonder why gree rushing on a new event?

Milspec1
03-07-2013, 04:15 PM
There's factions who spend alot more than that ;)

Товарищ
03-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I believe this thread caused the update of the posting guidelines, check em out :/
Almost as bad as ActiBlizzard now... goodbye free speech

Constructive part:
GREE, be good to your customers and make them happy, and you woun't need to forbid boycott talk... cos there wouldn't be any!

Milspec1
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
WOW!!!

You may not:

Discuss activities that violate our terms of service (this includes discussion of cheating, hacking, botting, etc.)

So you can't talk about people violating the games rules? We're just supposed to accept it? Or can't discuss whether someone is or isn't? Maybe they are legit just doing something new and we don't know. This is truly a cowardly move.

CJ54
03-07-2013, 05:03 PM
If you have any questions about the new guidelines, you may PM me or the admin directly.

Milspec1
03-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Will do CJ, thanks. Would be nice to get responses to all of the concerns I raised along with other people's concerns versus just rules related stuff

Milspec1
03-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Good luck everyone and have fun, remember if you're a paying customer you deserve to be treated like one.

Milspec1
03-08-2013, 08:05 AM
hahaha lol

Milspec1
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
How's the meaningless Gold for points game going? ;)

We are currently a proud 437th

Dutchie
03-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Sorry mate not to see you fight :(

We are in battle right now and we can confirm that they are sitting this one out!

They are gaining points... but you know what I mean!

Milspec1
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Enjoy the win ;)

Wish you guys would have attacked me more :p Free points! lol

SevenO9
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
No waisting gold on your level 10 fort mate :-)

Milspec1
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Hahaha awww come on, you know you want to

No waisting gold on your level 10 fort mate :-)

Dutchie
03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
No waisting gold on this silly game mate...

That is why we are a top 100 faction... top 25 requires way too much gold as you well know!

cuzen
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Soooo .... here we are a couple hours into b4e, and all of a sudden up pops a 20% off gold sale. Woohoo! Maybe Gree got nervous, I don't know, but as far as I'm concerned, they can shove their 20 %.I'll spend quite a lot on a 40% off sale, but NOTHING on a 20%. I bet there are a lot of us that way. GREE can have money, or they can have nothing. Their choice.

Web323
03-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I am just waiting until christmas again for the 50% off

Maddog11
03-08-2013, 04:30 PM
We were in top 250 and are not participating in Egypt at all for many of the reasons listed here. Our main reason was the short time between the two events as we did not want to have to spend thousands in gold just to rebuild after Greenland. I wish more would sit out totally in protest and make the developers wake up and listen.

Trebor
03-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Currently getting pumelled by milspec. A war we didn't want but our weakest player declared war like a dummy and we are paying for it dearly

Trebor
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Wow simply wow

BADMARKX
03-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I've spent a lot of $ but nothing I can't afford. Happy EAGLE HOUSE should finish top 100 for the third time. Good luck Milspec, hope you guys finish well, but I doubt you'll be anywhere near top 100 not buying gold.

Trebor
03-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Whew, we got a lesson in war just now ! Tip of the hat to you guys at milspec we now see what it takes !
And thanks for not finding me !

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 01:22 AM
LOL Milspec Come at me brother gyhhy come at me if youve got courage. cos the ASSKICKERS say bringit

Milspec1
03-09-2013, 06:17 AM
LOL we're not even really playing, no coordinated efforts the guys are doing what they want to etc

Whew, we got a lesson in war just now ! Tip of the hat to you guys at milspec we now see what it takes !
And thanks for not finding me !

Milspec1
03-09-2013, 06:18 AM
ohhh how we talk a big game when you know we're ot really putting much into this lol :p Will have to keep an eye for the "Asskickers" though

LOL Milspec Come at me brother gyhhy come at me if youve got courage. cos the ASSKICKERS say bringit

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
ohhh how we talk a big game when you know we're ot really putting much into this lol :p Will have to keep an eye for the "Asskickers" though

Good so bring it on

gunny22
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Few Reasons

The game is very addictive and should be illegal under 18.

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Why? it is addictive... like cocaine... and weed.... and crystal meth... and ice.... and tobacco and alcohol but who gives a damn?

Dudebot121256
03-09-2013, 04:28 PM
How can you guys compare this (Modern War) to illegal drugs? Geez, they're so much different.

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
How can you guys compare this (Modern War) to illegal drugs? Geez, they're so much different.

Are they? I mean there both addictive and both have harmful side affects like your wife leaving you

Poopenshire
03-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Good so bring it on

My money is our Bovine Friend here. For some reason I think people are underestimating him.

Auspex
03-09-2013, 04:50 PM
A ramble with some real advice.

I boycotted Mc(probablycan'tsaytheirnamewithoutbeingbanned) for years. Posted online about their evil products did the whole 9 yards, I think I actually promoted their name, they accepted my efforts as 'helping get the name out their'.

I also played an online game for 7 years spent thousands and enjoyed it for at least 6 of the 7 years. Then I notice the game was on it's death throws with tons of pay for new content and cash grabs etc and I just didn't play anymore. Slowly I watched the online numbers shrink to super low and it died.

Boycotts don't seem to do much in my opinion but just stop spending and let others figure it out on their own. If the company feels it in the pocket they will try anything to pull it back on board, including listening to advice we have given for the last few years. If they shut it down... Highly unlikely... at least you didn't spend too much on it.

I've never regretted spending thousands on an online game as I played literally thousands of hours and loved it for years. I do regret not ending it sooner and trying the last year to milk fun out of something dead.

I don't think MW is dead or even in the throws of dying. I do think people will spend a lot less on WD this time round and the faster they put them back to back the less they will make. Looking @ Gree's financial status does show a different trend.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=3632:JP

I do think that this early in the faction era there will be someone else that wants to step up and fill you're vacancy spending more then they have before, we stopped spending this event as well as a faction, it'll cost us a few hundred places I'm sure but until we have our own faction issues resolved (our leader has lost access to his base and Gree is slow to fix it), we won't bother spending money as a group.

Now a bad unsolved ticket for 1 = no cash from 20-50. Factions may have milked cash from many but have created a new level of social bond that Gree may not be ready for.

I do respect your decision, I think it may be too early on to illicit a 'We should all boycott' response.

Dudebot121256
03-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Are they? I mean there both addictive and both have harmful side affects like your wife leaving youTrue but it's more complex than that. Yes, they're both addictive but drugs are way more addictive than a video game. You can get hooked on crystal meth by trying it once. Drugs also have much worse side effects like increased blood pressure, brain damage, organ failure, death, etc.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
So much for this boycott, Milspec is currently ripping us a new one, 141k points in 26 minutes? Really guys? lol

SuperSonic Chimp
03-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Milspec is not ripping you a new one. You know who is.

Well they just waltzed into the top 100 on us alone probably, 303506-2646, still 15 minutes to go...further proof the matching system matches by rank rather than overall team strength. Note for next month.

Trebor
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Milspec ripped us last night if that's a boycott I'm the new pope they put up 100k plus

Dudebot121256
03-09-2013, 06:49 PM
So much for this boycott, Milspec is currently ripping us a new one, 141k points in 26 minutes? Really guys? lol

Milspec ripped us last night if that's a boycott I'm the new pope they put up 100k plus

Milspec1 never said they would be fully sitting out. Just not spending gold.

We will play free hits only, and hope for a top 100.

Trebor
03-09-2013, 06:57 PM

They are spending gold and plenty of it ! No way in hell your top 100 with out vaults of gree gold no way no how

Trebor
03-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Staying top 250 is costing my faction more then We wanted to spend

No disrespect to milspec at all they beat us bad, they might boycott spending top 25 but they didn't boycott spending top 100

SuperSonic Chimp
03-09-2013, 07:15 PM

LMAO....42 players don't take out a level 8 fort in 6 minutes, then proceed to score 338464 points.....on free hits. You also don't score 1092457 points off free hits. If that were the case, we'd be top 10 AT LEAST! They are dropping nuggets for sure!

Sgt Z 0311
03-09-2013, 07:50 PM
funny. You have no power as a consumer. They cover stuff like this in business school. It's called the Five Forces Model. One of the elements is the strength of the consumer to impact pricing and other decisions of the firm.

Here's some news you're not going to like- you have NO power. Further, the loss to Gree to support demands from each player like this would be a headache. CJ and the forum is here to solicit your feedback. They do what they can. I'm also upset about some things that they do, but you will not change a corporate policy. Nor will your faction. Also keep in mind that Modern War is one of many Gree games.

Also, I am the one that kept attacking you. I am not a hacker.

Why did I keep attacking? Because I offered to ally with you, but instead of becoming my ally, you threatened me with your 50k bonus (which didn't work out so well for you, did it?), and then you cursed me out and then started a threat saying I was hacking.

And when I kept attacking you because you attacked me back, you spammed my wall, sending 30+ messages. I either saw you on my rivals list or in my news feed and made sure to be anything but nice because of how you acted. I didn't use some elaborate hack to find you.

A little bit of sugar goes a long way.

Jhenry02
03-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Also milspec said they had gold left over. They said they weren't buying more.
Makes sense to me.
-J

Trebor
03-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Also milspec said they had gold left over. They said they weren't buying more.
Makes sense to me.
-J
Agreed not complaining they are tough as hell and laying it down !

Milspec1
03-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Bro I can take out your level 10 by myself in 2 mins or less lol, we took it easy on you.. go kick some ass in your next battle

LMAO....42 players don't take out a level 8 fort in 6 minutes, then proceed to score 338464 points.....on free hits. You also don't score 1092457 points off free hits. If that were the case, we'd be top 10 AT LEAST! They are dropping nuggets for sure!

Milspec1
03-09-2013, 08:22 PM
And to clear the record not only did I have gold stored, but quite a few of my crew did too, nothing to it. Minimal spending and a top 100 commitment only. I could easily have handed over 5k personally to gree this event but I'm not end of story.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Just to clarify, I have total respect for Milspec, wanted to join their faction before mine started getting members. That said, I understood the boycott to be not using gold rather than not purchasing any new gold. That was my misinterpretation, so apologies there. But they did lay it on us HARD! lol Good job guys! Now hope to never see you again!

Milspec1
03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
it was our pleasure, now go kick some ass!

Just to clarify, I have total respect for Milspec, wanted to join their faction before mine started getting members. That said, I understood the boycott to be not using gold rather than not purchasing any new gold. That was my misinterpretation, so apologies there. But they did lay it on us HARD! lol Good job guys! Now hope to never see you again!

I am a cow
03-09-2013, 10:28 PM
My money is our Bovine Friend here. For some reason I think people are underestimating him.

Exactly so Milspec bring it on. Rain down on us hard

Coolio
03-10-2013, 01:15 AM
This thread really hit home. GREE have shown little or no respect to customers. I've sent in ticket, after ticket, after ticket and yet no response for days sometimes weeks. I'm growing tired of their arrogance. I've spent circa £3,000 on this game this year so far but no more until GREE up their game. Every point mentioned by milspec is right

Vegaman
03-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Talk is cheap. We came across "Asskickers" or lickers.. They were pathetic.. We'd past the 100,000 point mark in the battle and they hadn't got to 5,000 WDP.
Don't come on here and brag when you can't back it up.
We came across Milspec in the last war. I hope we never do again. Respect to them we were their "Arsekickers"... They anhilated us. Respect to Milspec.

TYR_Rune
03-10-2013, 06:05 AM

Just as I predicted on my previous post..:)

Milspec1
03-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks Vegaman appreciate that

Talk is cheap. We came across "Asskickers" or lickers.. They were pathetic.. We'd past the 100,000 point mark in the battle and they hadn't got to 5,000 WDP.
Don't come on here and brag when you can't back it up.
We came across Milspec in the last war. I hope we never do again. Respect to them we were their "Arsekickers"... They anhilated us. Respect to Milspec.

Dutchie
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
10 posts and you can open a new thread.. but somehow I don't think it will last long and you will get banned no doubt.

Jahootie
03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Shut up and go home, to many crybabies here

BringIt
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Milspec is sitting at 100 with 1.8 mil points. Yeh right they did a boycott...

Jhenry02
03-11-2013, 09:15 AM
If cows faction is so great why did he beg me to join Charlie?

spitfire
03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Someone open a new tread about this, this is goner shock everyone. i do not have the privilege to open a thread.

quit trolling the threads please, if you have info then post it on your twitter wall, you will be banned soon anyways because 1) you troll 2) you are causing anarchy and GREE staff dont like freedom of speech 3) read the rules, you broke them all 4) you have invaded most threads to send your message across, rule says not to go off topic and stick to the subject 5) by the time I think of a fifth reason, CJ will come back from his holiday and ban you so it doesnt matter

lots of us here dont like stuff about the company but we send tickets to them instead, if you have proof about them then post it on your own twitter page and leave the forums alone.

Thank you for the taking the time to read and be yelled at. Oh **** I broke a rule? I am not supposed to yell but hey I didnt use caps lock so I am good....

goldenarchie
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
sooo how did you guys do?

OwainCymro
03-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Mill spec I respect what you have done but I don't really see how you reached 1.8 mil pouts without gold?:/

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Read what I said before making posts like this thanks. We had more than 1.8 mil but it's a far cry from the 6+ mil we had in Greenland

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Top 100 & better than I wanted us to do though, the last battle and timer problems was a cluster f*ck. Total mess

sooo how did you guys do?

MadFox
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Congrats Milspec....
RESPECT for your boycott
RESPECT for your ranking
you have fougth a great war!

goldenarchie
03-11-2013, 04:09 PM
but I bet you had more fun and worked better as a team not using mad gold...

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 04:14 PM
FYI we just cleaned house and will be accepting applications prefer members with 100k or higher stats

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
1000% True was wayyyyyyy less stress, and felt good not to just be rining the button like an atm machine for Gree. We could have easily placed top 25 but choose not to and pocketed that money for the additionla 4-5 mil points

but I bet you had more fun and worked better as a team not using mad gold...

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Congrats Milspec....
RESPECT for your boycott
RESPECT for your ranking
you have fougth a great war!

thanks fox

Baraka
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Either way greatest of respect you guys Did what you said.

WRekd
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Congrats for keeping your word. Now what did it accomplish?

madmax06
03-11-2013, 04:40 PM
You said in your guidelines members where not to buy new gold, is that what you actually did or did you just aim for top 100 regardless of the need to buy new gold and therefore not a boycott but just a lower participation?

AlexFoo
03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Damn nice finish. we had the same 10 or so spend moderately to heavy (myself included)... and 30 folks going free, but werent as active as we'd have liked.. we finished just outside the top 100. Ugh.

this event was crazy at how many factions went NUTS spending gold... point totals that were top 25 last event now barely got you into the top 60.

Not sure what our faction philosophy will be going forward or my own personal one.

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM
oh man sorry to hear that alex, we're considering allowing a faction to merge with us if you want to chat about it

AlexFoo
03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
oh man sorry to hear that alex, we're considering allowing a faction to merge with us if you want to chat about it

appreciate that. not sure who we'd "take" and who would not.. and how guilty i'd feel for abandoning. Been with this group since factions started. Wish the group was comprised a bit differently, but also dont want the obligation to HAVE to spend XYZ or be online for ABC number of hours. I happened to have the 2nd highest WD points for us for the 2nd straight event.. but that may not always be the case.

Ugh. Just worn out and seeing china starting up so close.. just irritating.

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Hard decisions to make. But thew goal should be more fun, less stress, less money spent for higher rankings.

We won't do this if it's not fun anymore, neither should you

AlexFoo
03-11-2013, 05:02 PM
lol our faction forum is BLOWING UP as the polite finger pointing and "who are we going to be" convo's start.

going to be interesting to see who stays, who leaves, who's forced out.

BringIt
03-11-2013, 05:38 PM
What a FAIL boycott!

BADMARKX
03-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I feel you Milspec,
EHU had gold left over too, but again we just tried to stay top 100. Even with 20+ gold players though, staying top 100 was tough. We even fell as much as 200k outside the top 100 and had doubts, but like many factions cut things close and poured it on in the end.
Congrats to my teammates, but unless we drop our free players and replace them all with gold players, might be the last top 100 we see for a while :-(

AlexFoo
03-11-2013, 07:01 PM
I feel you Milspec,
EHU had gold left over too, but again we just tried to stay top 100. Even with 20+ gold players though, staying top 100 was tough. We even fell as much as 200k outside the top 100 and had doubts, but like many factions cut things close and poured it on in the end.
Congrats to my teammates, but unless we drop our free players and replace them all with gold players, might be the last top 100 we see for a while :-(

exactly how we feel. *sigh*

gunny22
03-17-2013, 04:17 AM
I've spent circa £3,000 on this game this year so far
OMFG and we're only March?

Octavian
03-17-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you people spend so much money on this games. Step back and reevaluate your life.

1. There is 0 skill involved in this game. Zero. Time + money = win.

2. Hackers are everywhere. If I spend money to win at something, there better damn well be safeguards in place to ensure legitimacy. It would be like going to a casino, playing games with risk vs reward, but then someone runs in, steals chips, runs out, and nobody does a thing about it.

3. People like money. If someone figures out a way to get more money, they are likely to continue this trend. Yes, GREEd is totally obvious here. But it's you're own damn fault for spending money in the first place.

And all you big spenders, don't give me that "we pay for your game" crap. Buying a little gold here and there, fine. That supports the system. Spending the obscene amount of money just for bragging rights in a cheesy board game? That is downright pathetic.

WRekd
03-17-2013, 09:15 AM
i'm sorry, but i don't understand why you people spend so much money on this games. Step back and reevaluate your life.

1. There is 0 skill involved in this game. Zero. Time + money = win.

2. Hackers are everywhere. If i spend money to win at something, there better damn well be safeguards in place to ensure legitimacy. It would be like going to a casino, playing games with risk vs reward, but then someone runs in, steals chips, runs out, and nobody does a thing about it.

3. People like money. If someone figures out a way to get more money, they are likely to continue this trend. Yes, greed is totally obvious here. But it's you're own damn fault for spending money in the first place.

And all you big spenders, don't give me that "we pay for your game" crap. Buying a little gold here and there, fine. That supports the system. Spending the obscene amount of money just for bragging rights in a cheesy board game? That is downright pathetic.

respect +1

vNasty
03-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Congrats on the boycott. I've seen a few of these in my days here.... Hope it catches on. Good luck and much respect

kaix
04-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Sore losser

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-25-2013, 08:42 PM
They will boycott so they can HACK a bit longer!

Milspec1
04-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Wow mighty big of ya to chomp on some photoshopped crap and convos between people who aren't even in our faction LOL, and even make a sig out of it. Really represents your faction well Trollbot.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Mils, look up "Integrity" in the dictionary, then move on to Monster Quest. I here you can fuse units or something.

Busted.

Milspec1
04-25-2013, 09:32 PM
I looked it up, didn't see you there.. but did see you next to whiner jumping into something they don't even understand. You do understand this all happened because I REMOVED someone. Nor was I being accused of hacking, nor are those even convos with myself or anyone that I can tell from our faction. I think you're a bit too excited to try and bash someone over a nobody with no reputation, a hidden identity posted some crap. Makes u rather brilliant, and shows your true colors.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Mils, stop being so greedy and let a faction member get close to the trough.

fuzzlenutz
05-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Absolutely True !

RESET??? is this true? Reset to a few selected faction?
That would be unfair... How true is this?

BADMARKX
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Man, did this thread really resurface? Come on. Ill admit I got excited the first time I saw it, but really? I have heard of teams that beat Milspec in Ireland. Let it go.