PDA

View Full Version : ***Help****

KingTig18
03-05-2013, 08:35 AM
I know there has been problems with the new IOS update, but has anyone else had trouble loading their CC? My phone will show the crime city loading screen, but won't show the connecting to server in the bottome left corner and the loading circle in the middle. I get a screen, and then the app crashes. I also have the problem with the greyed out wifi button as well. I am in a top 50 syndicate named 'The Ripes' and I haven't been able to play In about a week. I have restored twice and done multiple resets. If anybody has any tips/hints that they would like to share, they are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Dipstik
03-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Is your device's battery fully charged? Have you tried plugging it into a power source? Try resetting the device. You might also want to try "defragmenting" the device's hard drive... to do this you'll want to partition your device into tiny fragments. This can be accomplished with the use of a hammer or any other heavy instrument you have lying around such as a brick. Simply place the device on any flat, solid surface and pound it until Crime City works.

Hope this has been helpful.

KingTig18
03-05-2013, 09:09 AM
I have tried all but the "defragmenting" part. I think I will give it a shot if it doesn't start to work soon.
Thank you haha

Butt Futter
03-05-2013, 10:20 AM
get a droid.....;)

Sorry King. I hope you get it resolved quickly.

Opinvu
03-05-2013, 10:49 AM
You said resetting?.. Did you delete the app, saving your data, then re downloading the app?

KingTig18
03-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Opinvu- i have deleted and reinstalled it for the fourth time this morning. The reason i haven't tried it more times is because I can't connect to a wifi source due to the greyed out wifi button, and all the Internet data gets charged to my bill directly, instead of through wifi.

Tommy Two Toes
03-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Where's your Steve Jobs now, fanboys?!?!?! <Insert maniacal laughter here>

Killshot-CC
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Do you keep your phone in your pocket? Sometimes pocket lint will get stuck in the vents and bog things down. Hold it under a cold tap for about 5 minutes to rinse it out and you should be all set.

KansasMac
03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Do you keep your phone in your pocket? Sometimes pocket lint will get stuck in the vents and bog things down. Hold it under a cold tap for about 5 minutes to rinse it out and you should be all set.

I've heard this works. Usually better than factory afterwards.

corbaman
03-05-2013, 02:36 PM

If its a lint problem the only way to really address the problem is to put the phone in the drier for a full cycle. For best results, make sure to clean the lint trap.

gcfreem
03-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Sorry for being off topic, but its not letting me start a new thread so I'll post here since it falls under the broad topic of "***Help***"

Is anyone else unable to see their rivals attack and defense stats? All I see is:

Total Mafia Attack: ???
Total Mafia Defense: ???

It has been this way for at least a week, through several updates and restarts. Is this a new feature I was not aware of or some glitch specific to me.

corbaman
03-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Is anyone else unable to see their rivals attack and defense stats? All I see is:

Total Mafia Attack: ???
Total Mafia Defense: ???

Same. I can no longer see stats except in my syndicate or friends. I assume it was a change related to a game update.

BBQ
03-05-2013, 04:46 PM
I know there has been problems with the new IOS update, but has anyone else had trouble loading their CC? My phone will show the crime city loading screen, but won't show the connecting to server in the bottome left corner and the loading circle in the middle. I get a screen, and then the app crashes. I also have the problem with the greyed out wifi button as well. I am in a top 50 syndicate named 'The Ripes' and I haven't been able to play In about a week. I have restored twice and done multiple resets. If anybody has any tips/hints that they would like to share, they are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem since the last update, never had any problems with Crime City. I'm on a HTC One X and my friends are playing just fine on their iOS. I've tried reinstalling and rebooting and none of that has worked.

safdsgbhf
03-05-2013, 04:47 PM
i had this problem the game was unplayable for two days. happens often to me when there is a new update. normally it fixes itself.

name
03-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Thanks.

Seems like a general problem with WIFI, resulting in a problem with crime city. If you google it a lot of users are complaining about greyed out wifi after upgrading to the new iOS version. Numerous reported fixes are:
- Downgrading back to an older iOS version.
- Turning Siri off
- Resetting all network settings
- Turning all connectivity futures off and only on after turning on wifi connection
- Putting your phone in the freezer for 15 minutes. IMO there would be a big chance of watercondense forming in your phone and ruining it forever.

I would personally try to downgrade the phone, see this guide (http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_downgrade_back_ios_5), but whether or not it works, I wouldn't know. I'm a pretty happy S3 user right now.

JacksonvilleKringle
03-06-2013, 06:36 AM
If its a lint problem the only way to really address the problem is to put the phone in the drier for a full cycle. For best results, make sure to clean the lint trap.

Could he just rub the phone in your hair?

Dipstik
03-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi Joaquim!

JacksonvilleKringle
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi Joaquim!

Yo no es Juaquim

Dipstik
03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
no habla espanol tampoco.

safdsgbhf
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
i need help too. my account isnt being credited with the gold i earn from tapjoy. I email tapjoy about it and they claim they are crediting my account my account but nothing shows up. Ive emailed in to support but of course i got no response. Ive had a claim in for about a month with no answer.

Lonestoner
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
i need help too. my account isnt being credited with the gold i earn from tapjoy. I email tapjoy about it and they claim they are crediting my account my account but nothing shows up. Ive emailed in to support but of course i got no response. Ive had a claim in for about a month with no answer.

GREE doesn't offer any support for their promotions.. If tapjoy said they tried, there's nothing else you can do. I went through the same thing for quite a long time, never getting a resolution for it. I'm probably "owed" 400-500 gold from all the offers I've done that I didn't receive credit for.

Just chalk it up as a loss. :(

corbaman
03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
GREE doesn't offer any support for their promotions.. If tapjoy said they tried, there's nothing else you can do. I went through the same thing for quite a long time, never getting a resolution for it. I'm probably "owed" 400-500 gold from all the offers I've done that I didn't receive credit for.

Just chalk it up as a loss. :(

Some of those promotions require you to use the product and meet some not-too-easy goals, for example in the case of a game promotion you might have to complete the full tutorial or make it to a certain level. While other promotions only require you to install the app and run it once.

Lonestoner
03-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Some of those promotions require you to use the product and meet some not-too-easy goals, for example in the case of a game promotion you might have to complete the full tutorial or make it to a certain level. While other promotions only require you to install the app and run it once.

Right, I completely understand that. Every offer I did, I completed, and still got no credit for them. Either way, GREE themselves would not offer any support for any of their offer partners, such as Aarki, Tapjoy, Sponsorpay, etc. I have used all these systems (in-game), and all of them have had offers that didn't work.

It may be a different situation now though, since GREE has their own offers page built in.