PDA

View Full Version : Faction Alert

Jhenry02
03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Anyone see this new feature?
Floods your in game forum with alerts of donations. Great in theory, but 40 people donating multiple times a day, we can no longer chat there.
Can we have a forum action wall where this information is posted?

Thanks for listening cj54, but needs slight alteration.

-Jason

Dutchie
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
How the fook am I supposed to read those amounts with all those zeros. It now makes my job of recording the amounts a lot harder as I have to work out whether that is 100K or 1M or 10M

Never heard of formatting GREE? You know, using the thousand separator so that it is easier to read, especially with those numbers that we have to work with.

Thanks for listening but please add the THOUSAND separator so that it is easier to read. Now it is going to take twice as long to record the info to our spreadsheet :(

Dutchie
03-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Floods your in game forum with alerts of donations. Great in theory, but 40 people donating multiple times a day, we can no longer chat there.

-Jason

To be honest, the in-game forum is pants anyway and we only use it for donations these days. We have other methods of communication which are soooooooooo much better.

I understand that might not be the case for other factions but my suggestion is to move away from this.

People might counter argue that they have to leave the game in order to communicate but there are other tools out there that work on multiple platforms and people usually have more than one device or PC that they use for communication whilst still playing the game.

I have heard that some factions actually have a conference call with each other during each battle.

alphacharlie
03-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Agree, need other comms forum, ideally accessible through WD (globe) portal.
Dons written out by system is good, no more typos (errr... no bluffs)!

Dudebot121256
03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Hm, I just donated and it's normal. Just faction chat.

Dutchie
03-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Hm, I just donated and it's normal. Just faction chat.

Well Mr Android... this is an iOS update!

Dudebot121256
03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Well Mr Android... this is an iOS update!Ha, for once, I'm glad we're behind :)

Dutchie
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Ha, for once, I'm glad we're behind :)

Different platform, different development team hence the huge variance between the two platforms.

Sometimes I do wonder what the developers at GREE are thinking and whether they actually think it through before they push these updates through. I am beginning to find out a lot on how this game actually works and more importantly what doesn't work and how some are taking advantage of that.

herrrie
03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
It seems to make accounting more, um accountable, minus the formatting. It seems like it'll clog the forum, and discourage dialogue. For those of us on just a phone, the forum has been a still useful tool because of the time lag to switch apps. *But if it comes with a "xxx has pushed the declare war button"...

CJ54
03-04-2013, 04:33 PM
There's a limit to what we have to work with short of a client update, and that takes awhile since the feature has to be spec'd/mocked up/implemented by an engineer/art has to do the UI changes/etc. and then it has to be added to a version submission which may not go out for another week or two or three (depending on how much important stuff we need to stuff in there, plus Apple's required review process). That being the case, this is a stopgap using what we have at our disposal to address a valid concern you guys brought up.

I'll check what the status is Android-side.

Dudebot121256
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I'll check what the status is Android-side.Thanks. By any chance, will there be an option to disable this feature?

Jhenry02
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Dutchie,
I only have one device, so we use the in game forum for bs and fun chat. We use external forums tracking donations and other info. I never liked this idea of having an ingame tracker, but I understand a lot like it. I'd rather have a specific activities wall for stuff like this.

-J

pick_sax
03-04-2013, 04:37 PM
no so bad. will replace manual messages with automatic.

CJ, just increase the number of messages that come back in forum query. and add a refresh button to the forum.

put a similar message about who declared war and you'll be cooking with gas!!!!

Richie.
03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Working for me on android cash and bricks too :)

asdfasdfasdf
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Not a fan, I'd rather have players manually report, or have this stored so I can see a total. I just finally got everyone to stop cluttering the forum with brick donations and now they can't help it. Would be nice to disable this feature.

Milspec1
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Works fine on Android for me

Milspec1
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Simple Solution maybe allow Faction leader to turn reporting on or off

BigD@wg
03-04-2013, 04:49 PM
I like it. Now commas would a huge benefit but at least we got something we had requested. Good job Gree! :D

Jhenry02
03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Thanks CJ,
I understand it takes a while to update UI and that this is a stop gap fix.
Thank you again for listening. But a separate page for donations would be my preference.

-Jason

Dudebot121256
03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Yep, I can confirm. Works on android.

S&H Max
03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
I dont know Y some of your ar complaining I find that its a good feature!

Tanks gree, fuzio, Cj who ever made that happen after a lot of request!

Dutchie
03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
There's a limit to what we have to work with short of a client update, and that takes awhile since the feature has to be spec'd/mocked up/implemented by an engineer/art has to do the UI changes/etc. and then it has to be added to a version submission which may not go out for another week or two or three (depending on how much important stuff we need to stuff in there, plus Apple's required review process). That being the case, this is a stopgap using what we have at our disposal to address a valid concern you guys brought up.

Don't get me wrong, the actual idea is a good one but the implementation is poor.

So you are restricted as to what they can do without going through a new client push and this is a server side update but surely using a thousand separator for formatting purposes can be done server side!!!

Actually, I take that last sentence back as you don't use the thousand separator anywhere in the game, so maybe it does require a client push and switching the feature on/off will also require a client push. Also if you want a new UI for donations logging, again this cannot be done without a client push.

Talking about client pushes, the CC team can do iPhone 5 screen support, I assume the MW team have that lined up with the next client push.

Let's hope it is on the cards soon because I will go zero crazy within a few days if I don't see this fixed. No doubt the thousand separator will cause formatting issues on other screens... You can never win can you CJ... LOL

Goodnight!

stealyourface
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
God, It does this for concrete also, this is spam central! Hopefully it will do it for war declarations also, I can look past this poor implementation if we can finally get some insight into that.

hoho
03-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for this feature. still can be improved.

been doing accountant job for the team who donate how much which ended up not tally - budget deficit

VileDoom
03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
This feature is awesome! Hope it's added to Kingdom Age as well. ;)

k-9
03-04-2013, 06:12 PM
My team is having great fun with this feature. They are donating a million dollars each......one dollar at a time, lol. Thanks gree, lol.

ertrifo
03-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Agreed, is certanly an improvement for the forum but still would be nice to provide a donation tracking interface to the leaders, may be the last 2-4 weeks for each member? Something like the faction list tab, a list of members with the donations made daily, weekly, etc...

Mcdoc
03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
There's a limit to what we have to work with short of a client update, and that takes awhile since the feature has to be spec'd/mocked up/implemented by an engineer/art has to do the UI changes/etc. and then it has to be added to a version submission which may not go out for another week or two or three (depending on how much important stuff we need to stuff in there, plus Apple's required review process). That being the case, this is a stopgap using what we have at our disposal to address a valid concern you guys brought up.I'll check what the status is Android-side.You know - all we really want to know is like a daily average - so say you did a last 7 day average listed in that user's profile - then you wouldn't make the in-game forum so flooded with spam :)

brandygee
03-04-2013, 07:48 PM
What I'd like to see is a way to message from the faction pages and have it push out to all members without visiting their individual walls to leave a comment. Alternatively, if there could be a way that a notification is received like when you are attacked, robbed or a comment is left on your wall...that would work too.

trickpat16
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Please add the comma separator! Thanks :)

Maestro
03-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Commas would be great, also moving action items to its own window/tab/2nd forum would be great. Thanks

PuckinWebGuy
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM

CJ54, thanks to the developers. This is a good stopgap that I find helpful. Any idea if/when this will be coming to Crime City? Thanks again!

HGF69
03-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Just have a separate tab in the faction menu with the following table.

Name. Cash. Amount. Last donation. Bricks. Amount. Last donation.

Simple

Big John
03-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Just have a separate tab in the faction menu with the following table.

Name. Cash. Amount. Last donation. Bricks. Amount. Last donation.

Simple
If they included the battle stats if would be even better rather than somebody having to take screenshots.

krabbie
03-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Very irritating this new flood of donations in the forum! Luckely we have a different forum where we talk about strategies and other fun talk. An overview of last weeks donations for every member in the member section of the faction screen would be more useful!

Fuzzyky
03-05-2013, 04:46 AM
TWO WORDS... Running totals!! On a Seperate tab!!! Damn computer geeks... How hard it that???

It's all a dream
03-05-2013, 05:27 AM
The idea is perfect. Is it a problem to have it in the forum? I dont think so, most of you already did this by yourselves.
What would help with all the donation lines in forum is saving up your donations to make once or twice a donation per day.

But i would prefer to have it posted in millions of dollars rather in just dollars. Or better yet have a seperate tab where all the donations of members are logged automatically.

mickymacirl
03-05-2013, 05:36 AM

Love the additions, keep up the good work!

SGT Rud
03-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Just wondering if we can keep the forum alerts to just money and not concrete, or having the donations in a seperate tab in the forums tab. My faction still uses and will probably always use the forum to communicate. I can continue to delete the donation alert, so it isnt that big of a deal.

Alo
03-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Very irritating this new flood of donations in the forum! Luckely we have a different forum where we talk about strategies and other fun talk. An overview of last weeks donations for every member in the member section of the faction screen would be more useful!

word on that

TWO WORDS... Running totals!! On a Seperate tab!!! Damn computer geeks... How hard it that???

word on that too

Alltherage
03-05-2013, 10:31 AM
If worse comes to worse I guess we can live with this change (and have officers clean up the forum at the end of the day), but Nanny Cam does cause a lot of clutter. If brick donations were removed (since there is no other use for them anyway) and we could keep up to 100 forum posts it would be more tolerable.

I'm hoping this is temporary.

Acid Reflux
03-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I agree with this, would make tracking donations and using the in game board 100X better

Thanks CJ,
I understand it takes a while to update UI and that this is a stop gap fix.
Thank you again for listening. But a separate page for donations would be my preference.

-Jason

trickpat16
03-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Looks like they added commas. Thanks!

CJ54
03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
The devs read the forums, and we really do fix what we can when we can. The vast majority of the time, when we don't fix something right away it is either what I mentioned earlier in the thread, or else the "fix" would break something else and we need to find a way around that.

Zach3432
03-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Being a new player and seeing the activity of the devs in improving the game gives me many hopes that I'll be able to play for a long time. I have high hopes that more issues that are raised on the forums will be fixed. Commas were asked for and we received. Good job and I hope the problems continue to be resolved and continue to grow

Dutchie
03-06-2013, 03:24 AM
A BIG thank you to CJ AND the MW developer team for adding the thousand separator! I thought it was doable server side and apologies for the rant. It was late at night (for me), I was tired and it was a knee jerk reaction, but that is no excuse.

Alltherage
03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Thanks CJ for the VERY fast fix! It did actually make it tolerable for us.

Paisthecoolest
03-06-2013, 06:19 AM
Thank you for the commas

It's all a dream
03-06-2013, 06:25 AM
and we keep on saying they don't listen to us :D

LisaM
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Oh thank goodness. All the zeros were making my eyes hurt.

alanng
03-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Just add a tab button for donation records, so simple.

Bala82
03-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Oh thank goodness. All the zeros were making my eyes hurt.

At least they add thousand's separators ( 100,000 instead of 100000)

Vegaman
03-06-2013, 12:57 PM
PLEASE PLEASE switch off the new donation alert. Its ruined the faction chat and taken away the fun. Many of us play on mobile phones and don't want to keep closing and opening applications, (for those about to post, set up an external forum)... The whole timeline is useless with a large faction. Before we posted cash and bricks in one post. Now 2 posts (1 for bricks and 1 for cash), x 40+ members = a mess.

Once again its rushed through and not thought through properly.. Why doesn't anybody test anything first.

Oh yes we are the beta testers i forgot. and we pay dearly for the privilege...

Lastly bricks in ammo crates is another lazy cop out.

Vegaman
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks for listening and turning it off.

It's appriciated gree and cj.

Sexypieface
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
You have a good point. All of our chat is lost because of all of the messages. I would personally like to see some sort of way to IM between the entire faction and also have private messages.

Dudebot121256
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
You have a good point. All of our chat is lost because of all of the messages. I would personally like to see some sort of way to IM between the entire faction and also have private messages.External sites a great for that if you don't want to wait until GREE adds those features (That is, if they ever add it at all).

Beamer
03-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Didn't know it told you who declared war!

Bobble64
03-17-2013, 04:53 AM
This was terribly poor planning on GREE's part. Has anyone received a response from support? At the very minimum they should turn this feature off until an "Alerts" tab has been created next to forum.