PDA

View Full Version : Hacker guilds

emcee
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Apparently someone in our guild is suspected of cheating. It was brought to my attention yesterday evening what has occurred on other people's wall asking for donation to our guild. My teammate felt an obligation to help with the gold donations as he has pretty low iph and I told him not to donate and just to reinvest his gold back to his economy and boost buildings.

Even with my request he still felt an obligation to help our guild as we have many players donating over a million to date. As such, he worked out a creative way to earn gold for our group; basically, he will lower the level of farming of specific players and in exchange a so called tribute will be dropped off in our guild.

I explained to him that its not a good idea to have non guild members to join and just leave a donation as there are security implications not to mention potential flaming on our guild wall. Also, I explained farming is a completely legitimate way to play and he needs to not worry about any impact to our guild as we don't dictate how members play their own game in TBC.

Unfortunately, some have been targeted and it will most likely continue with the allegations mentioned today. Some will think this is not an honorable way to play. I'm not going to be a moral barometer for our guild. However, things like racist comments will never be tolerated; which is not the case in this situation.

Anyone who knows me and have read my posts is aware that I don't condone cheating. I have reported countless number of hackers over the last year or so playing MW, CC and KA. I am aware some leaders look the other way as long as donations are coming in. I assure you, this will never be the case with me. If a hacker is in our group we will find out sooner or later if somehow they slip through the vetting process. I will be first to report it to Gree and they will be booted from our group. Cheaters cheapen the gaming experience for all. I don't want to have a year's worth of diligent play/planning to throw it away IMO by harboring a cheater.

Gree should be aware of how many thousands that our guild member has spent so far so unless something else develops then its much ado about nothing.

GreenGuru
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
"Paying for protection" in Kingdom Age? That is some unethical bullying, might make since more in Crime City but here...

[DW] Black Adder
03-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Apparently someone in our guild is suspected of cheating. It was brought to my attention yesterday evening what has occurred on other people's wall asking for donation to our guild. My teammate felt an obligation to help with the gold donations as he has pretty low iph and I told him not to donate and just to reinvest his gold back to his economy and boost buildings.

Even with my request he still felt an obligation to help our guild as we have many players donating over a million to date. As such, he worked out a creative way to earn gold for our group; basically, he will lower the level of farming of specific players and in exchange a so called tribute will be dropped off in our guild.

I explained to him that its not a good idea to have non guild members to join and just leave a donation as there are security implications not to mention potential flaming on our guild wall. Also, I explained farming is a completely legitimate way to play and he needs to not worry about any impact to our guild as we don't dictate how members play their own game in TBC.

Unfortunately, some have been targeted and it will most likely continue with the allegations mentioned today. Some will think this is not an honorable way to play. I'm not going to be a moral barometer for our guild. However, things like racist comments will never be tolerated; which is not the case in this situation.

Anyone who knows me and have read my posts is aware that I don't condone cheating. I have reported countless number of hackers over the last year or so playing MW, CC and KA. I am aware some leaders look the other way as long as donations are coming in. I assure you, this will never be the case with me. If a hacker is in our group we will find out sooner or later if somehow they slip through the vetting process. I will be first to report it to Gree and they will be booted from our group. Cheaters cheapen the gaming experience for all. I don't want to have a year's worth of diligent play/planning to throw it away IMO by harboring a cheater.

Gree should be aware of how many thousands that our guild member has spent so far so unless something else develops then its much ado about nothing.

Wow!!!! I had heard senior forum members refer to you as an honest legit player of the game, I even wrote you a PM outlining what had happened, but sir you MUST be a politician in real life because you just wrote the biggest piece of horse manure I have read in a long time. Your player, we shall call him player X, or GfyPiker for those that prefer, bullied a kA player, he admitted to only playing for 10 days & is at level 102. He only has high cost gem players. If he is a cash player then show him where the "buy gold" button is. AND found a creative way to collect gold? How dare you? He told me his terms for not attacking DW players was to deposit 250,000 gold into his guild, YOUR Guild! You advised him against it. Today you call it creative farming? Shame on you. I disagree with the honorable members of this forum & fined your actions shameful.

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 05:26 PM
I saw the person in question suggest this on our guild wall yesterday. Ever person said no don't do it, but it seems he went and did it anyway. If i could get into game would see what has happened since......but i can't :(

vitus79
03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
it is a pvp game after all. you guys are free to use ur stamina as well, yet you prefer to type novels. protect your cash or make up for the losses by using stamina on other players. its ridiculous you guys start a war on the forums for getting attacked in a game. and everyone stronger or smarter has to be a cheater and is getting reported by all clan members, pathetic. and we wonder why support is so slow these days..

Perfuzzie
03-04-2013, 05:45 PM
if he plays for 10 days and he is level 102 he is a hacker. u cant get to that level in 10 days not even by spending a ton of money. having only gem units that involves spending a lot of money again, i came across him at level 85 i think he tried to attack me but he lost . now he is 102 im 90 . how he got that far i dont know . i leveled that much doing the heroic LTQ and im attacking and raiding at least 200 times a day. better double check him emcee . you are a honorable member of this forum. if he proves he is a legit player we will apologize to him.

JBearden13
03-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Ya I would look into him.

sleazius
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I hit a few DW members on the way up who had 4 times my allies, I wonder if I got called a hacker too?

That said if the 10 days thing is true there is a good chance he could be a hacker. I'm sure you guys have reported him by now so we should know soon enough.

For the record, hes donated practically nothing to the guild either (I don't know if hes donated anything full stop).

emcee
03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm not going to have this played out here much longer as its going no where. I am aware of the issues and Gree is investigating.
When the player in question originally joined TBC he told me he was playing for 10 days. Its been about 2 weeks now and he may still be saying that. The only thing I can potentially fault him for is perhaps not getting the start date correct.

Some may brag and say I've only played so long and look at what I achieved in such a short time. Not saying this is the case. But lets just drop this back and forth.

Farming perhaps bullying is not my play style in Gree games but it seems the norm where I still play Storm8 games. This player was one of the top players from that game so I can understand his play style. At the end of the day I am not going to be a tyrant and bully people in my guild to fit my play style. It would be hypocritcal of me.
The last time I checked there is no playbook on how to play KA. As long as you don't cheat and contravene Gree's code of conduct then there isn't much more to discuss.

[DW] Black Adder
03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I hit a few DW members on the way up who had 4 times my allies, I wonder if I got called a hacker too?

That said if the 10 days thing is true there is a good chance he could be a hacker. I'm sure you guys have reported him by now so we should know soon enough.

For the record, hes donated practically nothing to the guild either (I don't know if hes donated anything full stop).

Lord Sleazius I have not heard a single bad thing said about your attacks so I assume them to be honorable & within the spirit of the game, so for that I thank you.
Ambassador Black Adder

[DW] Black Adder
03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I saw the person in question suggest this on our guild wall yesterday. Ever person said no don't do it, but it seems he went and did it anyway. If i could get into game would see what has happened since......but i can't :(
Mmmm hmmmm...

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Black Adder;627551']Mmmm hmmmm...

To clarify I am refering to the comment about asking them to donate money and he will stop attacking.

I for one play these games for pvp (well MQ and MW) I hardly play CC anymore and am still semi camping in KA. If someone has enough buildings worth raiding it is not uncommon for me to spend over 100 stam on a person in one go, if people don't like this style and want to just build up without being attack then go play dragonvale or smurfs. I do however draw the line at paying for protection which I would consider morally wrong.

Lunacy79
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
it is a pvp game after all. you guys are free to use ur stamina as well, yet you prefer to type novels. protect your cash or make up for the losses by using stamina on other players. its ridiculous you guys start a war on the forums for getting attacked in a game. and everyone stronger or smarter has to be a cheater and is getting reported by all clan members, pathetic. and we wonder why support is so slow these days..cant be more true than that

Seryna
03-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah I wouldn't assume that anyone with better stats than me is a hacker. From reading the forums, it seems there are plenty of people who spend ridiculous amounts of money on this game. Just because you spend a lot doesn't mean someone else isn't willing to spend more. It is possible to level up quickly in 10 days and have a ton of gem units if you spend money. If you are suspicious, just report to support. I am sure they have records on who spends money and can quickly weed out hackers once reported. It's in their best interest to get rid of those players too as they lose money if real payers quit the game from too much hacking.

As far as his strategy of paying for protection, while I find that behavior questionable, there are no rules against it as far as i am aware. One might even say it is a creative solution. Anyways this is just my humble opinion as a bystander with no affiliation to either side.

Rinkled4
03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I have been watching the comments in game regarding this player over the last few days. That player has attacked me also. After reading this thread I have come to a conclusion...
DW has no credibility left and appears to not have an understanding of the KA gameplay objectives.

GfyPiker
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I will only address this once as I don't like to get involved in forum drama. If u think I'm a cheater report it to gree and let them address it. If I'm not banned u will have your answer. To accuse clans of cheating is the weak way out and dw clan is a sad group if they can't take on one player.

I am a veteran of storm games and a farmer there. I'm a farmer in this game. I pay to play how I want. Whether u think thatnis ethical or moral or not is irrelevant to me. If u have cash and I can beat u I consider it mine for the taking. I loved my idea of contributing to our guild to get me to lay off dw. I assumed it was a widely used tactic as it seems like such an obvious solutuion.

The player who started these claims of me cheating left out that she called me a moron for trying to attack her. So I got stronger until I could win. Now she claims that as cheating.

Dw clan is a joke and I would be embarrassed to be a clan of a bunch of cry babies who report anyone anytime they r attacked. If you want revenge come and get it. I'm on your hit list taking your gold and ruining your record.

Sincerely,
GfyPiker

[DW] Black Adder
03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Lots of strong words & opinions I see, people finding money extortion acceptable, yes GfyPiker was called a name & an apology was offered, which he declined. I guess we will find out if he is a cash player or not. If he is He should expect a big Christmas card from Gree. I do not oppose PVP battles, it's what the game is based upon, it's the extortion I oppose. All of you have your views, but I guarantee you would be asking "why are you attacking me non stop" & " you want me to pay you what into your guild?" If it was you. I see it all the time on the walls of the powerhouses of the game, so don't come high & mighty. Even the strong get testy when their kingdom is raided. & faulting a Clan for rallying around one of its own? Wow...so from now on if I see any of you complaining on a wall about being attacked do in call you a sissy? Or can we agree that sometimes it's nice to have allies to back you up, not leave you swinging in the wind. Btw we tried to talk to him several times instead of bullying him back but he wanted gold. The shame is not on the DW Clan my friends.

[DW] Black Adder
03-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I will only address this once as I don't like to get involved in forum drama. If u think I'm a cheater report it to gree and let them address it. If I'm not banned u will have your answer. To accuse clans of cheating is the weak way out and dw clan is a sad group if they can't take on one player.

I am a veteran of storm games and a farmer there. I'm a farmer in this game. I pay to play how I want. Whether u think thatnis ethical or moral or not is irrelevant to me. If u have cash and I can beat u I consider it mine for the taking. I loved my idea of contributing to our guild to get me to lay off dw. I assumed it was a widely used tactic as it seems like such an obvious solutuion.

The player who started these claims of me cheating left out that she called me a moron for trying to attack her. So I got stronger until I could win. Now she claims that as cheating.

Dw clan is a joke and I would be embarrassed to be a clan of a bunch of cry babies who report anyone anytime they r attacked. If you want revenge come and get it. I'm on your hit list taking your gold and ruining your record.

Sincerely,
GfyPiker

You love the idea of telling people that if they don't pay you gold you will beat them up? Nice...Emcee?

GfyPiker
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Beat them up? This is an online game that you obviously take way too seriously. Your clan is a joke.

yuk
03-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Dear GfyPiker,

Looking forward to meet you in battle :) I am lvl 118 now, so hope to meet you in 2-3 days.
Let's fight for fun as well as fight to understand each other :cool:

Dum
03-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Dear GfyPiker,

Looking forward to meet you in battle :) I am lvl 118 now, so hope to meet you in 2-3 days.
Let's fight for fun as well as fight to understand each other :cool:

Hey Yuk,
My sentiments exactly
I wish I could hang around long enough to see this extortionist in battle.
I might come up with a few new concepts of extortion for him to consider.
I wonder he might like to play with someone like me,
I would probably use a stronger word than moron.
Dum

Ak-Manin
03-05-2013, 04:23 AM
First, my stats were 50K GREATER than my attackers. He lost. And left me some money, because he attacked with unvaulted gold. After seeing his stats, I posted a funny note, saying that I'm sure it came a surprise to him to lose, but he should check stats before attacking.
I saw his IPH at 1800, and almost all buildings at level 1 and 2. I left another funny note "Dude, Seriously? IPH 1800?"
Later, I commented on a friends wall that he was a moron. Attacking someone so much stronger, with unvaulted gold is not the move of a smart player.

There was no point in wasting my time or energy attacking him. He had nothing of value, and with an Army of only indestructible units, he would lose nothing if I attacked him.

His reaction was irrational, and NOT THAT OF A FARMER. (I mean what farmer is level 102 with 153 raids under his belt?)

His stats rose 12K within one hour and he continued hitting me. My gold was all vaulted. Again, not the strategy of a brilliant farmer, right? He started winning about half the time...and when he lost, he left me more gold. Again, brilliant or moronic? You decide.

He posted rants and threats on my wall. I took the high road and neither returned the attacks, nor the insults. He said that within 24 hours his stats would be double and he would wipe me out, and everyone in my clan. Rational?

He started hunting everyone who commented on my wall, and attacking them. Again, getting no gold. I'm thinking this is a really brilliant farmer, right?

Within four hours his stats had gone up 50K and he was still only winning half the time he attacked me. The only gold he got was that which he lost to me in his previous attack.

I asked my Clan Ambassador to talk to him. In my mind, I was dealing with someone who was either extremely immature, or emotionally unbalanced. HIs rage, and his rants over minor things are not the hallmarks of the emotionally stable.

I also hear that his extortion scheme was not accepted by his clan, but he pursued it anyway. Great team member.

The Chief of Staff of the Army once told me that as a leader, every time you walk by a piece of trash, you set your standards. Calling extortion creative financing is a shifting of the moral values that I find lowers standards.

DW clan acted with honor, and within the standards of this game. I'm proud to be associated with my clan mates. I know my clan leader would not accept or condone such shifty behavior.

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 04:24 AM
Hey Yuk,
My sentiments exactly
I wish I could hang around long enough to see this extortionist in battle.
I might come up with a few new concepts of extortion for him to consider.
I wonder he might like to play with someone like me,
I would probably use a stronger word than moron.
Dum

Ahhhh Dum, truly a pleasure to see you on the forum. You are always missed.
BA

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 04:28 AM
First, my stats were 50K GREATER than my attackers. He lost. And left me some money, because he attacked with unvaulted gold. After seeing his stats, I posted a funny note, saying that I'm sure it came a surprise to him to lose, but he should check stats before attacking.
I saw his IPH at 1800, and almost all buildings at level 1 and 2. I left another funny note "Dude, Seriously? IPH 1800?"
Later, I commented on a friends wall that he was a moron. Attacking someone so much stronger, with unvaulted gold is not the move of a smart player.

There was no point in wasting my time or energy attacking him. He had nothing of value, and with an Army of only indestructible units, he would lose nothing if I attacked him.

His reaction was irrational, and NOT THAT OF A FARMER. (I mean what farmer is level 102 with 153 raids under his belt?)

His stats rose 12K within one hour and he continued hitting me. My gold was all vaulted. Again, not the strategy of a brilliant farmer, right? He started winning about half the time...and when he lost, he left me more gold. Again, brilliant or moronic? You decide.

He posted rants and threats on my wall. I took the high road and neither returned the attacks, nor the insults. He said that within 24 hours his stats would be double and he would wipe me out, and everyone in my clan. Rational?

He started hunting everyone who commented on my wall, and attacking them. Again, getting no gold. I'm thinking this is a really brilliant farmer, right?

Within four hours his stats had gone up 50K and he was still only winning half the time he attacked me. The only gold he got was that which he lost to me in his previous attack.

I asked my Clan Ambassador to talk to him. In my mind, I was dealing with someone who was either extremely immature, or emotionally unbalanced. HIs rage, and his rants over minor things are not the hallmarks of the emotionally stable.

I also hear that his extortion scheme was not accepted by his clan, but he pursued it anyway. Great team member.

The Chief of Staff of the Army once told me that as a leader, every time you walk by a piece of trash, you set your standards. Calling extortion creative financing is a shifting of the moral values that I find lowers standards.

DW clan acted with honor, and within the standards of this game. I'm proud to be associated with my clan mates. I know my clan leader would not accept or condone such shifty behavior.

Well said Lady AK, & you know we stand beside you all the way.
BA

Dexter Morgan
03-05-2013, 05:08 AM
This thread is fun!!!

Jixx
03-05-2013, 05:10 AM
This thread is fun!!!

its a good read for when you're bored

P4TR1C14N
03-05-2013, 05:16 AM
I think both parties did comment here now. Ticket(s) were sent to GREE by multiple sources about this person. We'll see what the result is.

@CJ54: I know (or I think at least) the GREE policy is to not inform anyone about a hacker being banned or removed etc... to be honest, that's questionnable and only shows imho that GREE wants to hide serious issues with their game and security. By saying this, i don't say/blame/accuse mentioned player above but talk in general when speaking about glitching/hacking in the GREE games.

@Gyfpiker: How you get your money into the guild, fine by me... it's a game. On the other hand, i would never do it myself or want to be part of it. How you raise your stats within the time span mentioned, respect... you must have invested loads of real money in that very short time. I'm happy for you that money is apparently no problem at all for you in real life. GREE will be happy with players as you :)

YLL
03-05-2013, 05:23 AM
He posted rants and threats on my wall. I took the high road and neither returned the attacks, nor the insults. He said that within 24 hours his stats would be double and he would wipe me out, and everyone in my clan.

He started hunting everyone who commented on my wall, and attacking them.

@emcee: I was appalled to read that Ak-Manin had experienced. Disregarding the other question marks, as a player with a reputation for honorable conduct, surely you would concur that the above constitute unacceptable and indefensible conduct?

Sir Marcus
03-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Beat them up? This is an online game that you obviously take way too seriously. Your clan is a joke.

It is fascinating to watch people say things like "Its only a game" or "No offense" or "Just sayin" as if it is somehow an excuse that relieves them of all responsibility for bad behavior.

Dhusagar
03-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Wonder what stats this guy has, that has everyone mythered?

It's all a dream
03-05-2013, 05:49 AM
A really good read this thread :)

In MW we had a thread on who was reported most as a hacker. Funny thing was he just threw in so much money people in the beginning of MW could not believe someone would put in so much money in a game. Now he isnt that special anymore (although still one of the biggest spenders).

Is the guy here in KA hacking? I wouldnt know, but let Gree decide.

I agree with YLL that the tactic of hunting for the people that commented on your wall is wrong, but still if he wants to play that way, he can. Remember it is just a game. I also say that name calling is not done, one way or the other.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 06:10 AM
This is the most ridiculous thread ever. Ak manin called me a moron so I farmed her. That's it. Farming does not need to be about gold. I'd post more here on farming but it's not worth it. Dw and all clan will be farmed by me as long as I want. Nothing u do will stop that. I pay to play the game how I want. If u don't like the results get stronger. Not my problem. This isn't a morality test in life. It's a game to be played how you want within the rules.

Instead of dw fighting back they make threads like this. Bc if you can't beat em...accuse them of cheating. Weak.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 06:16 AM
On another note..when I'm not banned..will I see an apology thread by ak-manin? She didn't apologize in game about calling me names until AFTER I could beat her. Funny how that works.

This thread should be called dw's tears just like my wall in the game. Maybe dw should petition gree to not allow attacks without permission from the other player first and only if dw is stronger will they be allowed.

Instead of crying all the time do something about it. U have stamina. Use it. Quit blaming others for your clan sucking.

Defender11
03-05-2013, 06:43 AM
On another note..when I'm not banned..will I see an apology thread by ak-manin? She didn't apologize in game about calling me names until AFTER I could beat her. Funny how that works.

That you Lupo?

Muddy
03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Not funny.
Here is example of not smart hacker. I think we have more hackers in the game but they use holes and bugs carefully.

DIrishB
03-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Well, KA has now morphed into Crime City. *sigh*

Dexter Morgan
03-05-2013, 08:43 AM
That you Lupo?

Now that is funny. Bravo!!!

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 09:17 AM

This thread should be called dw's tears just like my wall in the game. Maybe dw should petition gree to not allow attacks without permission from the other player first and only if dw is stronger will they be allowed.

Instead of crying all the time do something about it. U have stamina. Use it. Quit blaming others for your clan sucking.

GfyPiker I will be the first to apologize for calling you a hacker, if Gree doesnt ban you, I still do not agree with your attempt to extort gold in return for not attacking. If you are a cash player then game on & good luck, we just currently find it futile to battle a player that increases their stats 50k in one hour, but if its cash that got you that high we will oblige your desire for battle...with big smiles...
Best of luck,
Black Adder

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 09:20 AM

I'm still not sure why you keep blaming the entire DW Clan, it would be like me blaming the entire The Buckwheat Guild for your actions, when we know them to be yours...

The Big Weezy
03-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Quit blaming others for your clan sucking.

I can't imagine your life ingame or outside of it could be all that gratifying, Pikey. Despite what vapid materialism may have you believe, you'll never fill the vacuous void in your personality with all that RL money. But by all means, keep tryin'. <neighborly wave>

RandomUser
03-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Cyber-bulling. How noble.

YLL
03-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Dw and all clan will be farmed by me as long as I want. Nothing u do will stop that. I pay to play the game how I want. If u don't like the results get stronger. Not my problem. This isn't a morality test in life. It's a game to be played how you want within the rules.

There is a big difference between what you are able to do that's within the letter of the law, and what you should do or what society regards as acceptable.

To give you a real life analogy: a rich spoilt kid can go around playing gangster, using his wealth to intimidate other kids in a neighbourhood without breaking laws, saying by flashing knives or guns as opposed to using them. But aside from hangers-on who benefit from his largesse, such loutish behaviour would not be regarded as positive, desirable or tolerable to the rest of his community.

So yes, you can certainly spend as much as you want to beat up everyone else in the game. But if you choose to do so in the manner of a jerk, the bulk of the KA forum community can and will ostracise you. Of course, you could try and terrorise society into bowing to you, but that still won't make people like you. So, if it matters to you what others think, play nice. Otherwise, bully away but don't then cry about what people say about you.

The Big Weezy
03-05-2013, 10:45 AM
There is a big difference between what you are able to do that's within the letter of the law, and what you should do or what society regards as acceptable.

...Otherwise, bully away but don't then cry about what people say about you.

Very well said, YLL.

[MoC] Ian McGrath
03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Wait...there is extortion in Crime City? My whole world has turned upside down!

Hopefully Gree comes out with an option to buy other players Kingdoms with gems - then we can control our enemies and not have to threaten them.

Dhusagar
03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
"Even with my request he still felt an obligation to help our guild as we have many players donating over a million to date. As such, he worked out a creative way to earn gold for our group; basically, he will lower the level of farming of specific players and in exchange a so called tribute will be dropped off in our guild".

Emcee - you. Are a longstanding member of this forum - do you condone this style of play?

Isn't this what the mafia say when they extort money from businesses?

I don't blame the player - his warped moral values are still within the "rules". However, a guild that not only excuses, but endorses this style of play leaves many questions.

Rationalise the values of this player any way you want - but beware sleeping with wolves - they have a tendency to turn round and attack their brethren!

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I didn't realize when I signed up that if I didn't play by all your rules the morality police would go on a crusade here. Get a grip people. This is a game that u r letting affect your real life. U know how to find me in game. U have reported me for cheating. Now u are going on a morality trip. I won't post anymore bc forum wars are pretty pointless. But I welcome all challengers in game.

Winstrol
03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/489/405/078.gif

Zenobia
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
It is fascinating to watch people say things like "Its only a game" or "No offense" or "Just sayin" as if it is somehow an excuse that relieves them of all responsibility for bad behavior.

Here here.

On the one hand, it is just a game, just a bunch of pixels on your screen, a bunch of lines of code behind them; it's not "real" battle or buildings or units or anything... but it is real people who are playing with or against you.

I co-created and run/moderate a forum (it's totally unrelated to this game or gaming in any way, but the concept is still relevant). When I have to step in and take mod action, often the people who were censured / censored will come back in anger that "it's a free country" and they "have a right" to say nasty things about other people or otherwise treat them without the respect we ask that our members show each other. My answer to that is a very simple phrase I came up with (though I'm sure I'm not the first to do so):

Just because you have the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do.

I choose to play this game with honor and respect for all the other REAL PEOPLE also playing. I choose to play this game with guild mates who feel the same. The digital medium and the fact that the game itself really is just pixels and code, that tricks the brain into thinking of the game as "just a game" in every way. It's not - it's a real life game. The other players are not a computer. They are real people. I ask you all, do you treat the real people in your life in whatever way you have a legal "right" to? Or do you do the right thing by them? I mean not just friends and family, but people like co-workers you could be considered in competition with (like a game is a competition). "Just a game" is not a valid excuse for any bad behavior when the other players in the game are real people.

ETA: I should have read page 5 of this thread before posting. I pretty much said the same exact thing YLL did but with a different aspect of it used as an example. * Tips hat to YLL. *

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM
I hate when I feel the need to reply when I say I won't anymore but the above post is maybe the stupidest thing I've ever read. When u play monopoly and u take someone's property are u really making them bankrupt in real life? Even if it is a game and u rnt really stealing their home do u consider it immoral if they get mad or would u say it's part of the game? If u play risk and take over a continent and they other player gets mad due u consider this unethical? Do u liken the game of risk and the person who wins as a dictator in real life. Again maybe the stupidest thing I've ever read. U have no grip on reality. This is a GAME. If u dont like how people play email gree and ask them to change it instead of crying about how life isn't fair bc someone is stronger or makes more money than u on forums.

Free players will always complain. U forget it's us whomspend that allow u to play these games for free. Do u think gree has this game out as a charity and should abide by all your opinions if u don't like something? If don't like it join another game or stop complaining about this one.

Zenobia
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I hate when I feel the need to reply when I say I won't anymore but the above post is maybe the stupidest thing I've ever read. When u play monopoly and u take someone's property are u really making them bankrupt in real life? Even if it is a game and u rnt really stealing their home do u consider it immoral if they get mad or would u say it's part of the game? If u play risk and take over a continent and they other player gets mad due u consider this unethical? Do u liken the game of risk and the person who wins as a dictator in real life. Again maybe the stupidest thing I've ever read. U have no grip on reality. This is a GAME. If u dont like how people play email gree and ask them to change it instead of crying about how life isn't fair bc someone is stronger or makes more money than u on forums.

Free players will always complain. U forget it's us whomspend that allow u to play these games for free. Do u think gree has this game out as a charity and should abide by all your opinions if u don't like something? If don't like it join another game or stop complaining about this one.
You obviously are incapable of understanding any aspect my post at all. Therefore I see no reason to try to explain it in another manner, nor to refute your absurdly erroneous assertions about my intelligence, ethical code, grip on reality, emotional state, free vs. gem playing status, my stats, and whether I like the game itself as it is or not, because you are extremely unlikely to comprehend no matter how I elucidate it.

JoKeRjr
03-05-2013, 09:23 PM
You obviously are incapable of understanding any aspect my post at all. Therefore I see no reason to try to explain it in another manner, nor to refute your absurdly erroneous assertions about my intelligence, ethical code, grip on reality, emotional state, free vs. gem playing status, my stats, and whether I like the game itself as it is or not, because you are extremely unlikely to comprehend no matter how I elucidate it.

Lucid elucidation, Zenobia.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
What u r saying is u choose to play with respect and honor bc u r playing with real people correct? Is any part of what I have done against the rules? My goal of the game may be diff from yours. Why is it not honorable if I play within rules the way I want? U completely ignored the risk analogy. Is taking over someone's continent immoral if that's the goal of the game for someone? Just bc u dont like it or agree with it doesn't make it wrong. Why would u let a game like this get you worked up in real life?

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Also since everyone has diff opinions on what is right or wrong please let me know who I need to ask permission from to play the game I pay a lot for how I want.

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 09:36 PM

I do play & enjoy Monopoly, but I have yet to pull a player aside & demand their money or I will crush them.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Do u never negotiate trades in monopoly? Say u owe them money u can't afford. Isn't it typical to offer them properties in exchange? If they ask u for properties or else they will force u to pay is it immoral? Same strategy here.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 09:49 PM
By the way since I haven't been banned when is my apology thread coming? Your clan said they reported me a hundred times so why haven't I been banned yet. Next u will say I'm some super hacker that gree can't detect instead of just owning up to the fact that your entire clan is crying over one player.

Shinazueli
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I just wanted to say, with all that money, you couldn't pay someone to type in English for you?

Edit: I'll propose a trade. I'll edit your posts into proper English for the low low price of a vault of gems per post. That's not immoral, right? Just a trade between willing adults....

You should look up the definition of "consent". I'm sure some of the ladies can help you out with that. Hint: "No, don't, stop" doesn't mean they were willing.

Also, I snorted Coke out my nose when I read the Lupo comment. For those that are unfamiliar, step over to the cc forums and check out Lupo. Or go search Pirate on the MW forum. This kind of behavior isn't new, it's just new to these forums. Nothing you can say or do will change their minds, the dollar reigns supreme. Just ignore them, and pity their victims, because even deities coming down from the heavens won't stop them from clicking attack. Just be grateful they haven't banded together into PUN yet and clear your base every two hours for kicks.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 09:56 PM
He is right. Some of the devs came from storm where I was a big farmer. I'm shocked this is new to the game but it's pretty funny watching the reactions of players who have never seen this before.

The Big Weezy
03-05-2013, 09:56 PM
I just wanted to say, with all that money, you couldn't pay someone to type in English for you?

....Just be grateful they haven't banded together into PUN yet and clear your base every two hours for kicks.

This thread should be closed by that comment's sheer awesomeness alone.

Regarding the monopoly analogy. Such modes of equivocation know no bounds, Pike, but I think you're already aware of the absurdity of such comparisons.

Can we lock this thing now and moveon.org?

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
By the way since I haven't been banned when is my apology thread coming? Your clan said they reported me a hundred times so why haven't I been banned yet. Next u will say I'm some super hacker that gree can't detect instead of just owning up to the fact that your entire clan is crying over one player.

The speed things have been going with Gree I will give it a couple of days, but I will stand by my word & post an apology for calling you a hacker if it proves wrong. It will be a sincere apology because no one should be accused of something they didnt do...

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Thank you. That I can respect. In the future though u may want to email gree before accusing them of cheating. I don't care about the allegations but at least make an attempt to get it right first.

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 10:12 PM

& again with "the Clan", if the apology is due, it will fall upon my shoulders to make it, not the Clans. The DW Clan has done you no wrong, this is on me, either I am right or I am wrong, but the buck stops here. I alone am responsible for what I have said. I will however 100% stand by the extortion accusation, neither of us deny that that happened.
Black Adder

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Nor do I really need an apology as I could care less. It was just said to get the point across.

Shinazueli
03-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Honestly though, all if the forum regulars should really step on over to the MW and cc forums for a sec. KA forums are where I hang out precisely because this kind of thread doesn't happen here.

TL:DR don't feed the trolls.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:16 PM
No. I did try to extort and have admitted it on these threads. I think itsna good idea and would use it heavily if I was a clan leader. But I'm not. I would be a terrible clan leader.

Side note. Ifmu read my wall, it was many in ur clan accusing me of cheating. I deleted most posts as I prefer to keep a clean wall but some r still left.

Again, no apology necessary after u see me not banned. My point was just that bc someone can outspend u doesn't make them a cheat.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Don't u mean all OF? Loser.

Dhusagar
03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
What u r saying is u choose to play with respect and honor bc u r playing with real people correct? Is any part of what I have done against the rules? My goal of the game may be diff from yours. Why is it not honorable if I play within rules the way I want? U completely ignored the risk analogy. Is taking over someone's continent immoral if that's the goal of the game for someone? Just bc u dont like it or agree with it doesn't make it wrong. Why would u let a game like this get you worked up in real life?

Your level of comprehension leaves much to be desired so I will spell this out in simple terms:

In the game of risk, everyone is playing with chance and tactics.
However, if Blue team said to red team, "give me xyz, and I will only attack green team" what do you think both red and green team would say? Do you believe that this is playing the game? There are no rules banning this style of play in Risk, but is there anyone in this forum that believes people would continue to play with Blue team?

Your analogy is as flawed as your morals. Make no mistake, I have no problem with attacking a player that has attacked me - and attacking HARD.

BUT there is a difference between aggressive play and extortion!

Oh, and before you come back with your usual justification of "free players moaning" - I am a gem player with ATT/DEF in the 400k and climbing. There is no doubt that - if you spend enough - you can beat anyone. However, spending ability does not correlate with decent moral fibre and your actions would suggest you have money but no moral fibre.

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=GfyPiker;629369]No. I did try to extort and have admitted it on these threads. I think itsna good idea and would use it heavily if I was a clan leader. But I'm not. I would be a terrible clan leader.

Side note. Ifmu read my wall, it was many in ur clan accusing me of cheating. I deleted most posts as I prefer to keep a clean wall but some r still left.

Again, no apology necessary after u see me not banned. My point was just that bc someone can outspend u doesn't make them a cheat.[/

I am a Knight of my word, I will wait for Gree & deal with the chips as they fall. If I am wrong & you are a money player, may I suggest the purchase of some gold along with all those gems...Gree thinks its a good idea, lol

Shinazueli
03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
My point was that the prevailing opinion is that your actions were immoral. The heavily prevailing opinion. The extremely... However, having seen what happens in this situation before, I know that 274748393 pages of forumites saying so won't convince you. Nothing on this earth will convince you because Gree themselves endorse the behavior. We're not saying you (at least most of us) violated any of the rules of the game set forth by Gree. We're saying that, in spite of this glaring lack of a rule, it's still wrong. However, stating again, I know that you won't accept this, based on past experience with people of that personality. Go ahead, spend your dollars, we poor people will just trudge along and suffer like we always do.

Thought: people play games because they like to escape from life. Poor (or even middle class) people like to escape from the drudgery of day to day life. Rich people play so they can escape to a world without rules or consequences. And when they meet, we all suffer.

TL:DR Do not feed the trolls.

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Shin you are right on almost all your points. It's just a different style of play. I could care less whether people think it's moral or not. Everyone has a right to go play another game if they don't like it. Don't see why they don't if they r going tomcomplain so much. There are plenty of games my niece plays that would be more appropriate for most of these commentators.

Shinazueli
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Black Adder;629380'][QUOTE=GfyPiker;629369]No. I did try to extort and have admitted it on these threads. I think itsna good idea and would use it heavily if I was a clan leader. But I'm not. I would be a terrible clan leader.

Again, no apology necessary after u see me not banned. My point was just that bc someone can outspend u doesn't make them a cheat.[/

I am a Knight of my word, I will wait for Gree & deal with the chips as they fall. If I am wrong & you are a money player, may I suggest the purchase of some gold along with all those gems...Gree thinks its a good idea, lol

You have missed the point. Completely. Allow me to clear your ignorance.

This player is not attacking for gold. He may have started out, but now he's fighting for pride. No amount of money will salve the wound of hurt pride. Also, he enjoys the attention of the community. Think Dennis Rodman if the NBA said he could punch the other NBA players, but they couldn't hit him back. Then add in a pinch of that crazy actor from the two dad show (Charlie?) saying "Winning!" Every post in this thread is him saying "winning!"

do not feed the trolls!

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Dh as u said no one will play with the blue team. By your own logic u do know u r free to leave at any time if u don't like the rules instead of crying about it on forums??

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Shin you are right on almost all your points. It's just a different style of play. I could care less whether people think it's moral or not. Everyone has a right to go play another game if they don't like it. Don't see why they don't if they r going tomcomplain so much. There are plenty of games my niece plays that would be more appropriate for most of these commentators.

Nahhhh, she would strong arm me in Candy Land, lol

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
That's how we roll in my family. Shed be making u do handstands to get the next roll of the dice. Amd she's 5.

Winstrol
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
12345 Spam

[DW] Black Adder
03-05-2013, 10:41 PM
That's how we roll in my family. Shed be making u do handstands to get the next roll of the dice. Amd she's 5.
Lol, I have no doubt...lets hope I owe you an apology...

GfyPiker
03-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Again. No apology needed when time comes. People can make accusations or judgements all they want. Gree will be the ultimate judge.

Dhusagar
03-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Dh as u said no one will play with the blue team. By your own logic u do know u r free to leave at any time if u don't like the rules instead of crying about it on forums??

Who said anything about "crying"? I am fully aware of my ability to leave at any time. Your flawed logic also seems to indicate that, because you "pay, so that others can play for free", you believe that you have some sort of superiority? Without free players there would be no game - that is why Gree use the Freemium model. Some of the best players of the game are free players, because they are forced to use far more skill.

I am a lazy player, so I pay to do so. I do NOT pay so others may play - I claim no such moral imperative. Free players cannot usually compete with me, therefore I (I said I) feel a moral obligation not to totally spoil their enjoyment, just to satisfy my own ego (fragile as that may be).

Irrespective - I find the whole notion of extortion repugnant. The reason governments create laws is because of the excesses of individuals who have no regard for others. Take a look at what is happening in the finance industry following the excesses there and the, "there is no rule banning this formofexploitation" mentality.

emcee
03-06-2013, 12:33 AM
This is way out of control. Let's settle some things here. Where have I stated that I agree or encouraged what Piker has proposed? I told him we will not be accepting any donations under these circumstances. If he wanted to donate gold then it will be either from his buildings, pve or pvp.
Anyways Piker is no longer with TBC by his choice. I wish him all the best.
Let's all get back to preparing for war.

Winstrol
03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Did you just create new account to support yourself ?

Zenobia
03-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Who said anything about "crying"? I am fully aware of my ability to leave at any time. Your flawed logic also seems to indicate that, because you "pay, so that others can play for free", you believe that you have some sort of superiority? Without free players there would be no game - that is why Gree use the Freemium model. Some of the best players of the game are free players, because they are forced to use far more skill.

I am a lazy player, so I pay to do so. I do NOT pay so others may play - I claim no such moral imperative. Free players cannot usually compete with me, therefore I (I said I) feel a moral obligation not to totally spoil their enjoyment, just to satisfy my own ego (fragile as that may be).

Irrespective - I find the whole notion of extortion repugnant. The reason governments create laws is because of the excesses of individuals who have no regard for others. Take a look at what is happening in the finance industry following the excesses there and the, "there is no rule banning this formofexploitation" mentality.
+100

(That is all from me. I wouldn't even be saying this but the forum told me +100 is too short a message to post. :) )

WinkadInk
03-06-2013, 09:27 AM
it is a pvp game after all. you guys are free to use ur stamina as well, yet you prefer to type novels. protect your cash or make up for the losses by using stamina on other players. its ridiculous you guys start a war on the forums for getting attacked in a game. and everyone stronger or smarter has to be a cheater and is getting reported by all clan members, pathetic. and we wonder why support is so slow these days..

Ain't that the truth vitus, u know me as I've been camping a long long time. In KA I camped for almost an entire year just building and building. I've now got 44/43k stats at lvl 44. When I hit 50...campy time! By the time I start leveling again I'll have my lvl 10 BD and full dragon army. It's called playing smart, not cheating and we know it lol

The Big Weezy
03-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Time to close this thread. :)

MaverickMunkey
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Time to close this thread. :)

And it was just starting to get fun.....!