PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my hero stronger?

Brugernavn
03-04-2013, 04:35 AM
I have bought the Astral Bow and the Hawkslayer Leather armor. I'm lvl 32 and have 12 hero strength points.

How do I actually make him stronger, is it only by using skill points on hero strength? I mean, I doesn't help to buy more weapons for him, right?

I'm a freeplayer

a glory a
03-04-2013, 04:42 AM
I have bought the Astral Bow and the Hawkslayer Leather armor. I'm lvl 32 and have 12 hero strength points.

How do I actually make him stronger, is it only by using skill points on hero strength? I mean, I doesn't help to buy more weapons for him, right?

I'm a freeplayer

You need a weapon and armor that is used by your class (ie. rogue) these are then shown as your 'best weapon/armor' add there attack stats together and your hero strength and that is the maximum your avatar can hit in PvE.

hope that helps clear things up

Brugernavn
03-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Used by my class? I just bought the best weapon and armor money could buy and that is what is shown as my best weapon and armor.
Why can I buy more than one of the same weapon/armor when it does nothing?

So I guess what you say is, the only way to make a hero stronger is by using skill points on hero strength?

Johnny Boy
03-04-2013, 04:57 AM
You have better weapons and armor than the ones in the store dropping as loot from monsters.

Your hero can only use one weapon and armor, so buying more than one hero weapon/armor won't help him but it WILL be used as normal army weapon.

So army weapon/armor are used by the army alone, and hero weapon/armor are used by your hero and your army.

In order to maximize your hero's strength, put your points into HS, and constantly try getting better loot armor/weapon.

Brugernavn
03-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Ok, thanks a lot guys...

Coog
03-04-2013, 07:21 AM
And to make you more powerful in fights against other players, add allies and equip them with armour and weapons. Very important.

GreenGuru
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
The weapons and armor you can buy with cash from the store for your hero are basically worthless to your hero but useful for your army. You can get much better weapons and armor by participating in these LTQ's and earning the strong items they have available as rewards. Unfortunately the best reward armor and weapons are usually award during PvE LTQ's which means in order to earn them to make you stronger in PvE you'll have to increase your HS stat in order to complete the necessary quest to earn them (or use a lot of gems).

JBearden13
03-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Your left over armour/weapons(ie your non-strongest ones) can be used by your army. So I have read.

MattThomas08
03-06-2013, 04:01 PM
How do you tell what your highest level Hero weapon is? I don't know how to differentiate them in my inventory.

GreenGuru
03-06-2013, 04:07 PM
How do you tell what your highest level Hero weapon is? I don't know how to differentiate them in my inventory.

in the stats tab in your profile it will say "best weapon" and "best armor" and those are your best weapon and armor that are being used by your hero in PvE

MattThomas08
03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
So those are definitely hero items and not army items?

Shinazueli
03-06-2013, 09:48 PM
So those are definitely hero items and not army items?

I'll clarify. There are three hero "classes". They differ only in their graphics and the weapons they can "equip". There are rogue weapons, typically daggers and bows. There are Mage weapons, typically staves and wands. And there are Warrior weapons, typically swords and maces. Your hero will automatically "equip" the best weapon and armor that he/she can wield. Note that there are some weapons that all three classes may equip, and also note that just because you think your hero should be able to equip something means nothing.

Each monster has a "loot table" of items that they are allowed to "drop" when you kill them. This information is posted elsewhere on these forums. You find the weapon that you want to "farm", and then you cross reference the table to find which monster(s) drop that weapon. Then you kill that monster repeatedly until it drops the item you want. Repeat as necessary.

One further point about class weapons. Just because your hero cannot equip them doesn't mean they are worthless. They will still be included in your army attack score, as we will see below.

Now, as for hero vs army weapons. Lets do army weapons first. Lets (just for example) assume that you have 5 allies. You can use 15 units(not including your hero), 15 armor items, and 15 weapon items. If you are attacking, the game will simply take the top 15 attack score weapons and the top 15 attack score armors into battle. This includes any hero weapons you may have, that are high enough to be in your top 15. They usually are some of your best equipment, so they are almost always included.

Now, hero items are different, they are used to calculate your hero's attack vs monsters on Pve maps. That's it. When you replace your hero's weapon or armor, chances are good that they will still be in your top "15", so now you'll have the "leftover" items AND your hero's current equipment included in your top "15".

I hope this clears things up.

XxGNUTxX
03-07-2013, 01:16 AM

I'm a freeplayer

This is how you stronger $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
There is no real strategy in none of GREEd games

Nxy
03-07-2013, 03:42 AM
I know what you mean i keep putting points into my str and i've bought the best weapon and armor for my character and even now when i put points into my str he still hits for the same. 110 damage seems to be a memorable number to me after seeing it for the last 5 lvls in this game with a total of 7 points added to my str making my str a total of 35 now still have not seen a change. Is that the cap for damage you can do?

Shinazueli
03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I know what you mean i keep putting points into my str and i've bought the best weapon and armor for my character and even now when i put points into my str he still hits for the same. 110 damage seems to be a memorable number to me after seeing it for the last 5 lvls in this game with a total of 7 points added to my str making my str a total of 35 now still have not seen a change. Is that the cap for damage you can do?

Sigh.

I'll clarify. Again.

The amount of damage you do to a monster in Pve works like this.
First, I'll lay out an approximate formula, then I'll explain it.
DamageDone = (HeroStrength + WeaponAttackScore + ArmorAttackScore - MonsterDefense)*RandomPercentageModifier

Now, that looks like a nasty equation, (not really, I'm just patronizing people who don't like math).
But, I'll break it down anyway. Lets say you have a hero strength of 70, a weapon with 20 attack score, and an armor with 20 attack score. (Made up numbers to make the math even easier). Also, lets say the monster you hit has a "defense" of 10. Note that this number is not displayed to you anywhere, but it's there, or you would do the same damage to every monster, which doesn't make sense.

So 70+ 20 + 20 - 10 = 100. Yay, you hit for 100. Or did you? Waiiiiiit, what's that random thing up there? That's the rub. There's a variance involved, and if you've ever played an RPG before you'll have noticed it before. I'm assuming that the random number is around plus or minus 10%. This means that you will now do Between 90 and 110 points of damage to a monster. Nobody but Gree knows the actual percentage(or the whole formula, to be honest) but this one explains almost all of what you see in the game.

A couple of notes. First, if you've ever done any work with statistics, you'll immediately see that if the multiplier is truly random, your average damage, with those numbers, will be 100. You will hit for 90 sometimes, and for 110 other times, but on average you will hit for 100.

Next, the monster defense number is quite elusive and hard to track down, because there are too many other variables changing. Basically, some monsters, always the same kind, you just hit for less.

Finally, I left out one detail. If I attack a monster who only has 110 hit points, I will never be able to deal more than 110 hit points to him no matter how much I upgrade my hero. That's the only "cap" on damage here. You will never hit the monster harder than they have health.

I hope this clears things up.