PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Spring 2013

budman68
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Ok as a reminder of how fall 2012 messed with everyone associated with daylight savings. How will Gree handle this situation? Will our normal sync times be established or will we be robbed until we get our collection syncs back in order like last fall?

CJ any comments on how we should prepare? I know you have a full plate with everything else.

BTW times go forward this Saturday at 2am as a reminder.:)

dudeman
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Collections will most likely happen one hour LATER than normal. So collect one hour later, or re-synch your hood.

iteachem
03-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I just want a new free item hell the syncs...maybe the nighttime runner this time

Or the moonlight runner

TRAZ
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Can we all just get one free syndicate upgrade? :)

iteachem
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Can we all just get one free syndicate upgrade? :)

Plus 1000000

CodeX777
03-03-2013, 04:41 PM
I just want a new free item hell the syncs...maybe the nighttime runner this time

Or the moonlight runner
ya a moonlight runner sounds good

ianmac
03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Ok as a reminder of how fall 2012 messed with everyone associated with daylight savings. How will Gree handle this situation? Will our normal sync times be established or will we be robbed until we get our collection syncs back in order like last fall?

CJ any comments on how we should prepare? I know you have a full plate with everything else.

BTW times go forward this Saturday at 2am as a reminder.:)

Clocks change on Saturday 30th March in UK...

budman68
03-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Clocks change on Saturday 30th March in UK...

I don't know the patterns of all the different countries. But here in Maine, USA it is this Saturday.

CJ54
03-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Technically it's on Sunday. I let the team know.

budman68
03-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Technically it's on Sunday. I let the team know.

True, I am just never up at 2 am unless I have to do collections ;-)
Thanks for responding.

It's all a dream
03-04-2013, 03:10 AM
in MW they planned the big event in this weekend. Recepy for chaos IMO.

cooch
03-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Was this always a problem or just last fall?

safdsgbhf
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
please screw this up again and give me another free item

Sunsets
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
To be honest, I just want more free stuff.

PawnXIIX
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
There is no point of getting another free weapon. It's the same case whether it was the daylight runner or the close combat MG. Everybody got them (well, if you logged in for the MG) so every bodies stats went up by the same amount. There was no bonus in getting this it D:

Although it is nice to have 2 bright orange Lamborghini's in my garage ;D

It was only this time they messed up with it. I'm not a betting man but I don't believe they're going to have the same issue as last year.

dudeman
03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
It was only this time they messed up with it. I'm not a betting man but I don't believe they're going to have the same issue as last year.

They've had the same "issue" every time change. It's not really an issue, in my opinion. The server time appears to remain unchanged, which makes sense to me because different regions change their clocks at different times, and in some regions the clocks aren't changed at all.

So really all that's happening is people become inconvenienced because their time relative to the server time has changed, causing collections to appear as though they happen either an hour early or an hour late. When the clocks are moved back at the end of daylight savings time, the server clocks just keep on rolling. This leaves your hood an hour "ahead" of you, so if you don't adjust your alarms you risk missing your collection.

In contrast, when moving the clocks ahead, your hood falls an hour behind because the building payout times do not change. For example, 24 hour buildings do not suddenly make an exception and decide to pay out after only 23 hours, just because you changed your clock. 24 hours is 24 hours, so people should either collect an hour later, or take the "inconvenience" as an opportunity to re-synch their collection times.

If you could affect building payout times just by changing your clock.... Well, that would be a huge problem.

Just my 5 cents.

Ben Weston
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
its a huge issue dudeman, when the clocks change I see the collections at the right local time but they are available to rob an hour earlier to those in a different time zone meaning that whatever I do its impossible to collect my buildings before they are robbed, I've sat there watching the seconds tick down and when the collect tag appears over the building its the robbed tag and i'm out of pocket. I know my IPH isn't ground breaking at just over 1.5M but it still means I lose around 15-20mil a day in income with nothing I can do about it.

dudeman
03-06-2013, 12:22 PM
its a huge issue dudeman, when the clocks change I see the collections at the right local time

This makes no sense. If this were true, building collection times would be changing by +/- one hour when the clocks change, and that doesn't happen. 1 hour in game is 1 hour in game. Speeding up or slowing down your local time will not affect that.

Unless, apparently, you're on android. I'm not, so I can't say anything about that platform.

ianmac
03-06-2013, 01:36 PM
I think a lot of the problems were due to USA changing their clocks on diferent dates to UK etc.
I was getting notifications to say that buildings had been robbed up to 1 hour before they were even due to be collected & I remember losing an hour on the Boss event.
Like everything was showing ok in USA but we were still that 1 hour behind on the CC servers.

Ben Weston
03-07-2013, 09:30 AM
This makes no sense. If this were true, building collection times would be changing by +/- one hour when the clocks change, and that doesn't happen. 1 hour in game is 1 hour in game. Speeding up or slowing down your local time will not affect that.

Unless, apparently, you're on android. I'm not, so I can't say anything about that platform.

which ever way round makes no difference, the fact is the buildings are up to be robbed before they are up for collection leaving the player with no chance to collect from buildings before they are already robbed.

added to the frankly unfair robbing where 20% of the earning disappear and this is very frustrating!

TRAZ
03-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Reminder....DST for those that have it will be forward tonight before turning in