PDA

View Full Version : Boss Event Dilemma

Da_Boss
03-02-2013, 08:41 PM
So I just completed boss 40 on my camper account and reached level 30 in the process therefore pushing me into tier 2; currently in tier 1. My attack per hit using cash is now 18075 (which is awesome btw) and I could go further into this event. I've calculated that to beat level 40 in tier 2 it requires 27693 attack (13 hits, all cash).

With all this information, my dilemma is whether to continue with this boss or not. On one hand, the potential rare items would bring me closer to the attack amount I need. On the other hand, the xp gained going forward will be pretty high and therefore pushing me further into tier 2 which means less opportunity to beat multiple 40 bosses in this tier.

What would you do?

Dudebot121256
03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Couple things to note:
1) Tiers don't change mid boss so until the event ends, you could level up to level 200 and still be in tier 1 as long as the current boss event didn't end.
2) Levels in between tiers don't affect how hard the tier is. Tier 2 is the same difficulty for a level 40 as it is for a level 49.

If it was me, I'd keep hitting him until 50. Then, I would stop and wait for the next boss event.

bald zeemer
03-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Are any of the new items available at your level? If you have enough available that you're confident you can boost your stats enough, then lay off. If you aren't, then grab the items off the current boss.

It seems we'll have another boss event in a couple of weeks, so you'll have to bear that in mind.

Da_Boss
03-03-2013, 08:59 AM
The only new items I have access to are the explosives and they are respect and A LOT of respect at that. I might do the bosses until I reach level 31 and then stop (Dominican opens up at level 31)

The Billionaire
03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Stay where you are and leave this boss event alone.

I've managed to complete all the boss events so far without it costing me any gold because as soon as i win the grand prize i stop playing the boss event and start camping again. You'll find you might get an extra boss event in tier 2 using that tactic.

Also the boss levels continue to get harder after boss #40 until you reach #50 which is where it levels out and continues with the same amount of points needed to beat the boss. Check out my boss event thread which shows the XP gain for all levels which might help you make a decision.

If i was you though i would not continue with this event.

Watoosy
03-03-2013, 10:42 AM

I've managed to complete all the boss events so far without it costing me any gold because as soon as i win the grand prize i stop playing the boss event and start camping again. You'll find you might get an extra boss event in tier 2 using that tactic.

Also the boss levels continue to get harder after boss #40 until you reach #50 which is where it levels out and continues with the same amount of points needed to beat the boss. Check out my boss event thread which shows the XP gain for all levels which might help you make a decision.

Billionaire, I followed your suggestion by hitting him first 3 times with cash only. I waited 26 minutes and hit him two more times. But I waited 26 minutes again and only had enough juice to hit him once. Same thing happened when I waited another 26 minutes and so on. As clock was running out to last 10 secs I hit him once and again and lost. I expect you will say my attack skill points are too low and/or my attack score overall is too low, which I will continue to work on. But justwantto be sure I'm not overlooking anything. Much appreciate all you do to help and educate us!!

Ballerado
03-03-2013, 12:17 PM

If i was you though i would not continue with this event. What about the weapons being the same for all tiers right now? Is that a trend that will continue? also will the boss items keep getting stronger or level here or go back to normal? Do the answers to any of these questions change any thing?

the_dude
03-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Billionaire, I followed your suggestion by hitting him first 3 times with cash only. I waited 26 minutes and hit him two more times. But I waited 26 minutes again and only had enough juice to hit him once. Same thing happened when I waited another 26 minutes and so on. As clock was running out to last 10 secs I hit him once and again and lost. I expect you will say my attack skill points are too low and/or my attack score overall is too low, which I will continue to work on. But justwantto be sure I'm not overlooking anything. Much appreciate all you do to help and educate us!!

Pay attention to your health when you attack him. Occasionally it will take off 26 instead of 25. If this is happening, you are going to have to wait 27 minutes instead of 26 to regenerate 2 more hits.

Also I just noticed you are waiting 26 mins on the first round of attacks. You hit him 3 times, WAIT 1 MINUTE, then hit him 2 more times.

Watoosy
03-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks Dude!

Barkevious
03-04-2013, 08:09 AM

Great post! I was having the same conflict myself and couldn't make a topic to ask since I don't have 10 posts yet.

murf
03-04-2013, 11:11 AM

I agree completely with this. I'm level 74 now and I'm regretting all the 5-10 extra attempts at earlier bosses. I'll get 1 (maybe 2) more attempts until I make the big jump to L76-100, where it will be much harder to get to 40. Adding a few dozen 50/50 to 200/200 items, in exchange for a 2,000/2,000 (40th boss) item was very short-sighted on my part.

Da_Boss
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback bill and others. I will stop. I did do 3 more to push me into level 31 so I can start on Dominicans which I don't regret. I got 2 uncommons and 1 rare. Not too bad.

Swedevil
03-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback bill and others. I will stop. I did do 3 more to push me into level 31 so I can start on Dominicans which I don't regret. I got 2 uncommons and 1 rare. Not too bad.

That's about where I'm at...I am newly a level 23, and am only doing one more level for this boss because it'll leave me at a tier 1 for the next boss event. Hopefully I'm stronger and richer then and can afford to buy the attack to make it to level 40 boss (about to do level 33 and I think that's as far as I'll be able to make it anyway...)...