PDA

View Full Version : Plan your syndicate battles in private

Trev
03-01-2013, 09:14 AM
For those who do not know:

I would suggest groups install ‘kakaotalk’ a real time chat app.
Using this app at least you can plan your strategy in private. Don’t all thank me at once ;)

http://www.kakao.com/talk/en

if using an ipad, you download it from the iphone section, this will work ;)

Killshot-CC
03-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Good tip. What's your Kakao ID in case I want to lurk?

Butt Futter
03-01-2013, 09:45 AM
parlingo works also

Rocky35
03-01-2013, 09:58 AM
So does Kik, and 10 other chat apps out there.

sister morphine
03-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Or groupme

Paulio
03-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Or grope me

All you had to do was ask. LOL, j/k Sis :cool:

Fluffanutta
05-02-2013, 12:17 PM

Using this app at least you can plan your strategy in private. Don’t all thank me at once ;)

Kakao would be head-and-shoulders above the rest that we've tried but it has one major drawback: you can't remove a user from a group chat if they leave the syndicate. Has anyone come up with a workaround? Blocking a user only seems to apply to direct communication, not groups.

Holicaholic
05-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Kakao would be head-and-shoulders above the rest that we've tried but it has one major drawback: you can't remove a user from a group chat if they leave the syndicate. Has anyone come up with a workaround? Blocking a user only seems to apply to direct communication, not groups.

Make a new chat and don't invite them?

Fluffanutta
05-02-2013, 12:37 PM
That is the obvious choice, yes, but 60 members makes that a rather unpleasant undertaking every time door meets ass.

I know there are syndicates already using kakao, how is it working out for you with this flaw?

dudeman
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM

The first time you run Kakao it will ask for a phone number for a device capable of receiving text messages. Enter your number and you will receive an activation code to enable your kakao account.

I know this may not be a common issue, but what if you don't have a device capable of receiving text messages? Well, there's an app for that! It's called Text Me! 2 (or just TextMe) and works on iPad and iPhone (though if you have an iPhone you shouldn't need it!). I don't know if that works globally, but it will work in North America. You can use your home phone number to generate a unique number for your device, and presto, your iPad is now a text message device.

Take that unique Text Me! 2 number, enter it into Kakao, receive activation text, and you're all set.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/text-me!-2-free-texting-+/id514485964?mt=8

Deuces914135880
05-02-2013, 02:28 PM
lol do you even Line?

MattThomas08
05-02-2013, 02:45 PM

I've used Palringo and Kik and both of them are inferior to Groupme. It has iPad, iPhone, and web interface. It's easy to add and remove members. The size of a chat room is limited to 50 people, but you just send an email to support and ask for an increase and it's usually handled in a few hours (go figure - and it's free...).

Bluedood
05-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I second that Groupme is very easy to use and also works with members overseas. My KA guild has people from four different countries who real time chat with no issue. You can easily post screen shots for intel from the game and post into the group.

Smoothie
05-02-2013, 03:21 PM
I third that. We use Groupme to communicate. We have several different conversations. One for the whole group, one for the leader and officers, one for various team material (recruitment messages, rules etc - stored in a chat for easy access) and one for posting screenshots of final points scored and identifying inactive members after battle.

Fluffanutta
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I've used Palringo and Kik and both of them are inferior to Groupme. It has iPad, iPhone, and web interface. It's easy to add and remove members. The size of a chat room is limited to 50 people, but you just send an email to support and ask for an increase and it's usually handled in a few hours (go figure - and it's free...).

Consider my face palmed. Thank you, Kind Sir.

mxz
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Agree with MT - GroupMe is the best app of the bunch I've seen. The only real downside is it crashes on occasion.

Grimmy11
05-03-2013, 01:41 AM
or you could just use the in game forum.

Bluedood
05-03-2013, 07:10 AM
The in game forum has limitations. First off, if everyone is actively donating that fills up the screen with donation alerts. Secondly, there are no push notifications when a member does post something. The final thing the in game does not allow for is posting pictures/screen captures of weak opponents during the war. You absolutely can just coordinate in game, but Groupme will give you a huge advantage over those who do.

BigMoney
05-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Why do you need screenshots of weak players? What's wrong with typing name/level/defense stat?

I mean, unless they all had the same name, level, rival number, and appearance. Which would be genius, by the way.

Fizoli
05-05-2013, 04:09 AM
So we set up a groupme group. We could only get 24 of our 53 members to join after making an enormous push for
several days. We do have quite a few international players but many just showed no interest. It sure is better than the forum for planning and just getting to know one another.

Crime Time
05-05-2013, 12:22 PM
or you could just use the in game forum.

Leave it to grimmy to put the brakes on an informative and useful thread .

hawkeye_9
05-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks for posting all of the options available. I'm unfamiliar with these apps, but have had similar issues with the in game forum as others have mentioned. From what I'm reading on here, groupme sounds like the best option to go across iOS - Android platforms.

-Hawkeye