PDA

View Full Version : How does someone with 28k A&D beat someone with 36k A&D in an attack?

Corporal Denney
03-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Forget the fact that it said I lost 11 million when I didn't. I have almost 33% more A&D, I have boost buildings to match and I am in a faction that is supposed to be giving me boosts to my defense. So how does this screwed up battle engine award a victory to someone who is so much weaker than me?

Thief
03-01-2013, 08:10 AM
There is a random Factor in there.

You also don't know what his Faction Bonuses are, Unit Bonuses are, Skill Points etc etc.

Finally did he Attack you or Raid you? Raiding is much easier and he can have almost half your attack

Corporal Denney
03-01-2013, 08:13 AM
It was an attack, I would be understanding if it was a raid. But I have bonus buildings and faction bonuses. Is there a faction bonus that gives 33% more attack? Actually, it would have to be more than that since I am getting boosts on my defense from his attacks.

Alo
03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
It was an attack, I would be understanding if it was a raid. But I have bonus buildings and faction bonuses. Is there a faction bonus that gives 33% more attack? Actually, it would have to be more than that since I am getting boosts on my defense from his attacks.

well attack and defence fluctuates, I've seen fluctuates 20+%, so if Ur defence is 20+% less and his attack 20+% more, then its easy to beat...but then again...it takes luck :D

Web323
03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
I get swings of 35% on mine and even go below my standard A/D

BigD@wg
03-01-2013, 09:46 AM
When you view their profile all you see are their raw stats. So you would need to factor in their boosts from factions, any special boost units, boost building levels, skill points, "strong against" units, and of course the random unknown multiplier factor (which no one knows exactly how it works).

In short, completely plausible assuming his total boosts are higher. Even if they aren't higher its still possible because the random multiplier could be positive in his/her favor and a negative multiplier for you during the same attack.

SevenO9
03-01-2013, 10:11 AM
The other day I attacked a player with 48k profile def. Having 60k attack I felt confident. The battle screen showed 50k vs. 110k ! And I have solid boosts.

The point is: Never underestimate the power of the randomizer combined with the enemies boosts. The swings can be massive.

Товарищ
03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the faction bonuses are bugged.
Infact I suspect they are non-working!
Because the same things happened to me...

One player had 22k AA and my profile said 28.5k AD, she won all 10 times in a row attacking me! (300k cash every attack :/)
Interesting thing is she claimed I didn't have higher def cos she always checks before attacking.
(I had ofc accused "her" of being a skillpoint hacker..)

Some time after that, a guy with 30k AA beat my 50k AD.
(Luckily I didn't lose as much money that time...)

I know that for myself, I can almost never beat a 1:1 stat player, his def needs to be 75% of my attack for me to very reliably win!

BringIt
03-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Skill point hacker?

Luck.E
03-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I assume you are using android.
but def in android profile is wrong...(way higher than your real def)
I think that's why she saw she had higher stats than you.

It wouldn't surprise me if the faction bonuses are bugged.
Infact I suspect they are non-working!
Because the same things happened to me...

One player had 22k AA and my profile said 28.5k AD, she won all 10 times in a row attacking me! (300k cash every attack :/)
Interesting thing is she claimed I didn't have higher def cos she always checks before attacking.
(I had ofc accused "her" of being a skillpoint hacker..)

Some time after that, a guy with 30k AA beat my 50k AD.
(Luckily I didn't lose as much money that time...)

I know that for myself, I can almost never beat a 1:1 stat player, his def needs to be 75% of my attack for me to very reliably win!

Kara T
03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
When you view their profile all you see are their raw stats. So you would need to factor in their boosts from factions, any special boost units, boost building levels, skill points, "strong against" units, and of course the random unknown multiplier factor (which no one knows exactly how it works).

In short, completely plausible assuming his total boosts are higher. Even if they aren't higher its still possible because
the random multiplier could be positive in his/her favor and a negative multiplier for you during the same attack.

This about covers it.....most likely the mix of units boosts and skill points along with a Lucky random multiplier factor applied to the raids. Next time look at the battle results screen to see what his final defense stats were for the raid. If the defense numbers are in the millions, then he is a hack....if just a bit higher, then no issue.

Also look at his base, his defense buildings could also have come into play.

lastmast2
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
I think too that there are some boost bugs and as always it seems to be mostly on android -.-
Some days ago I was attacked by someone about 15 times and alway lost. His a:11k my def 33k
And yestwrday the same happend twice, one guy 14k the other like 9k

And those guys werent like heavy campers or gold spenders with a lot of boost buildings or units
And my boosts arent too weak as well...

Im getting mad about all those glitches >.<

Jonmutley
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
There is a huge swing effect. Iv seen it in action. There is good reason to ask if the faction boosts actually work. I don't think they do to be honest. Let me share my recent anomaly. I attacked some one who had 2300 defence and Iv got 46000 attack. I won but lost 2 attack drones, 1 rapid fire attack vehicles, 2 hardened marines and 3 snipers. Now that is messed up! So, I'm 20 times stronger but loss units? Alot of units at that! Can anyone explain, I want to here people's view on this. Also, when I attack people they never seem to lose any units but I'm hitting the pure weak, 20 times plus weaker people every time. But, when I get attacked (very rarely as my defence is 65k at level 99) I seem to lose a shed load of units? There's one guy who I just can't find in the list who attacks me every 5 days who anihalates my army. He must have a massive attack score for me to lose so much in such a short time? Any thoughts on this? :)

Jonmutley
03-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I think too that there are some boost bugs and as always it seems to be mostly on android -.-
Some days ago I was attacked by someone about 15 times and alway lost. His a:11k my def 33k
And yestwrday the same happend twice, one guy 14k the other like 9k

And those guys werent like heavy campers or gold spenders with a lot of boost buildings or units
And my boosts arent too weak as well...

Im getting mad about all those glitches >.<the guys who are attacking you have stacked skill points on there attack score. This gives a clue that they may not have stacked there defence so heavily. Hit them back and see what happens. You may have the upper hand if tables are turned bud. :)

4Nik8R
03-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I haven't been able to see defense scores YET with my android. Crime city I can and I get a complete different (lower) score from fight screen than profile. I have read these forums and invested all my skill points in a & d. I don't have s single RED mark on my news feed. I'm not a big fan of this "random" factor, but oh well. Just buy items with better defense.

Jonmutley
03-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I haven't been able to see defense scores YET with my android. Crime city I can and I get a complete different (lower) score from fight screen than profile. I have read these forums and invested all my skill points in a & d. I don't have s single RED mark on my news feed. I'm not a big fan of this "random" factor, but oh well. Just buy items with better defense.not seeing the defence score must make it even harder to work out. I can imagine that's quite frustrating to be honest. The random factor is there anyway but you have a disadvantage there bro by not seeing the full stats. Hope gree sort this bit out for you android users. It will Level the playing field a bit. :)

Corporal Denney
03-01-2013, 02:30 PM
I assume you are using android.
but def in android profile is wrong...(way higher than your real def)
I think that's why she saw she had higher stats than you.

I am using an iPad II. Also I have almost all of the defense buildings, mine fileds, etc. He has 1 mine field, 1 bunker and 4 missile pods. And again, this was an attack - not a raid. I didn't lose any money (though it reported I did), but I did lose an aircraft carrier and some other units, so I was out about 8 million in units.

I personally think Gree is letting people win big to build up anger and hope everyone will go postal on everyone. I see a lot of complaints about unfair losses and it's impossible to track anything with all the faction bonuses, special units with bonuses, etc. I think the programming for battles with all these items factored in is too complicated for the programmers, so they basically do a crap shoot to determine the output anymore unless you are massively overpowing the victim in an attack.

Товарищ
03-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Nobody has said that stats affect casualties, though it's an assumption many people make.
On the contrary, it has been officially stated (by CCM and a while back though) that stats DO NOT affect casualties!

The new thing that affects casualties is relative rank;
same vs same is regular casualties,
attacking a lower rank will dramatically decrease,
attacking a higher rank will dramatically increase,

My own theory is: each unit has a small chance to die each use - the consumption rate variable.
That's why the more units you use and the more uses - the more casualties!

I am a cow
03-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Thats sad but i can say one thing... you just got trolled by a skill point hacker!!!