PDA

View Full Version : Beta?

corbaman
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM
I received a Beta invite from GREE, but it doesn't really go into much detail about how their Beta program works. Any advice from other players on the Beta?

What does it actually mean to the game? Would I have to create a second account to play the Beta version? Are Syndicates affected? Would my account be thrown into some weird "Beta Universe" where content happens a few days earlier than the regular CC universe?

Dipstik
02-28-2013, 05:03 PM
From what I understand, you get to glitch yourself a bunch of free stuff and call it "testing." Then when the features go live, you get to keep all the stuff you got by "testing" glitches.

Seems like a good deal if you can get it.

Dudebot121256
02-28-2013, 05:09 PM
How'd you get a beta invite? Email?

Edit: I don't think I got one :'(

dudeman
02-28-2013, 05:29 PM
I declined the invitation I got over a year ago.

I may consider it if I ever get another one... With all the problems I find in the live version, maybe they could use a sharp eye to catch that stuff before release.

:)

cooch
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
cost avoidance i guess as they are looking for QA folks at Gree...

CJ54
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
cost avoidance i guess as they are looking for QA folks at Gree...

Seriously? Dude, every game has beta testers. A QA team of any reasonable size, no matter how good, won't find every issue that a group of hundreds of people could (nor provide objective feedback).

In turn, a group of several hundred people won't find every bug that a group of several thousand can, unfortunately. But they find a LOT of stuff.

Babytway
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
lmao this is the funniest thread of the day just by the responses here. thanks for the good laugh mafioso's

Steve0
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
I wish they would send me an invite.

cooch
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Seriously? Dude, every game has beta testers. A QA team of any reasonable size, no matter how good, won't find every issue that a group of hundreds of people could (nor provide objective feedback).

In turn, a group of several hundred people won't find every bug that a group of several thousand can, unfortunately. But they find a LOT of stuff.

CJ: KIDDING! Yes I know as I've been a Beta tester but on consumer stuff not app stuff. BTW that's not true about QA. I'm in pharma and those that have bad or inadequate QA eventually get shut down. Testing is literally every vial visually sometimes. It's that six sigma thing.. if we goof you sometimes die which is far worst than an app crashing.

On a lighter note maybe Gree should increase the beta testers especially for our Android brethren. Cheers and keep up the good work!:cool:

cooch
02-28-2013, 06:02 PM
How about this for QA? Workers at a Chivas Regal factory accidentally dumped 6,000 gallons of 80 proof down the drain in Scotland! A lot of whiskey drinkers are SOL. How's that for QA??!!:p

Dudebot121256
02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
On a lighter note maybe Gree should increase the beta testers especially for our Android brethren. Cheers and keep up the good work!:cool:Perhaps even more for BlueStacks ;)

Gary RG
02-28-2013, 09:09 PM
I'd be more than happy doing my bit; do let me know!

Denerio9
02-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Beta ..... I am unhappy i gave my ifo to Beta
On one of my games i sent my alliance code & ever since then
I cant play the game ' with that said i am glad i didnt give out all
My game ids out

thevlad
02-28-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm down for beta testing too CJ, Gold spender as well

cooch
02-28-2013, 09:55 PM
I think they pick you and not the other way around based on the appropriate demographics to insure they get the range of lvls, A/D, etc... CJ can weigh in but the guy who started thread was approached and not other way around. Could also do something with tickets submitted especially if you have a really wonky device or platform.

mxz
To get into beta you need the right mix of tickets sent and gold spent. I've heard reports that if you've thrown down medium/high levels of gold you can just send a support ticket to ask if you can be in it. That's a rumor, but I've heard it from multiple people.

Good luck!

Tommy Two Toes
I thought this was the Android Beta. When does CC Android go live environment? :p

Joeycool
03-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Beta doesn't even exist... Its just a rumour! :cool: