PDA

View Full Version : Feature suggestion: Trades

corbaman
02-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Now that we've got syndicates and more of a social atmosphere inside the game, I'd like to suggest player-to-player trading as a next big thing feature.

For example, trading could consist of two consenting players exchanging some combination of cash and items.

That would make sense for a few difference scenarios:

1) Two players want to buy/sell items for cash.
2) Two players want to barter for more desirable items.
3) Player wants to help gear up their syndicate noobs.
4) Player wants to gift a bunch of gear or cash to a friend.

Tommy Two Toes
02-27-2013, 09:13 PM
I'd like to suggest player-to-player trading as a next big thing feature.

That sounds awesome. You could trade your top items from a level 200 account to a level 10 account, and just pwn people all day long.

Also, Asian children can be forced into near-slave-labor to play the game 24/7 to allow criminals to sell farmed game items on a grey market.

There has to be a down-side to this idea, though...so let's think it through.

RijilV
02-27-2013, 09:19 PM
what would be awesome is you could create yourself a new character, move all of your rocking event items with bonuses to it, then pwn everyone at level 12!

corbaman
02-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Ya you've got a point about how trading up and down between levels would cause game imbalance because of the way the Rivals are matched. Maybe trading could be restricted to a narrow level range to address that?

Also, Farmville of course has all kinds of "gifting" of buyable items to other players, which has been super popular and profitable. Something like that in CC could be another revenue stream for GREE. People who aren't willing to spend US dollars on their own account might spend a buck to send their friend an item.

PawnXIIX
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
The event top prizes are easier to get. If you were to trade them up to higher accounts, you'd be unstoppable. The players in the lowest bracket have a 30% chance of getting an item going from 9 - 10. Even though the item is much less powerful, it still has all the stat boosting effects.

You'd basically break the game. You'd be getting players who didn't even win the event with free bank deposits, +20 respect per fight, +20 per robbery, and then maybe somewhere along the lines of 40% reductions of building times.

It's far too unfair of an advantage to allow trading.

NTM
02-27-2013, 11:18 PM
trade and hold buiding in a case for rebuild our Hood...

important for rebuild Hood.

Cricket
02-27-2013, 11:39 PM
maybe offer trading for within 5 levels of yourself, or have a specified trade list that is maxed out on value based on level?
Unlikely to happen regardless.

Dope
02-28-2013, 12:23 AM
It would be nice if you could sell excess equipment for in game money. If you sell/trade items with other players, eventually the in game would fall or rise, either money, gold or frequency of success opening creates and defeating boss. Gree has to keep their monopoly and
competitive edge.

corbaman
02-28-2013, 12:28 AM
It would be nice if you could sell excess equipment for in game money.

Thats true. Even just being able to sell back excess gear would be nice. Although the new, lower prices on the old gear have seriously devalued all the old gear.

MoarKrabs
02-28-2013, 12:46 AM
It would be nice if you could sell excess equipment for in game money. If you sell/trade items with other players, eventually the in game would fall or rise, either money, gold or frequency of success opening creates and defeating boss. Gree has to keep their monopoly and
competitive edge.

This. There's so much old gear that I want to get rid of just as a means of clearing up the loot screen.

sister morphine
02-28-2013, 02:39 AM
This. There's so much old gear that I want to get rid of just as a means of clearing up the loot screen.
Oh yes, anybody wanna buy a job lot of Steyrs? 😂😂

As for moving stuff between two accounts belonging to the same person, that's possible if you ask nicely I believe.

AK-47
02-28-2013, 02:54 AM
As for moving stuff between two accounts belonging to the same person, that's possible if you ask nicely I believe.
Whoa whoa, that is a huge statement... If this is true, screw my low level camper that has the final boss items... I want that stuff on my main!

corbaman
02-28-2013, 01:04 PM

Really?? Any confirmation of this? I think they'll transfer characters between devices, but transfering items is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

sister morphine
02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Really?? Any confirmation of this? I think they'll transfer characters between devices, but transfering items is a whole 'nother ball of wax.
A friend - who will remain anonymous, so don't ask - won the evidence burner on their low level account but had it transferred to their higher level one. They are now considering having it moved back as the low level account has become so much stronger in absolute terms.

It's entirely possible that might be a unique happening and I'm sure support would not look kindly on wholesale transferring of stuff - are you listening AK-47? - but an occasional request for a single item.... who knows!

Dipstik
02-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Give it up, guys... there is ABSOLUTELY no way this could be implemented without being abused. And that's ignoring the fact that it would give a free pass to cheaters. Bad idea.

AK-47
02-28-2013, 02:19 PM
A friend - who will remain anonymous, so don't ask - won the evidence burner on their low level account but had it transferred to their higher level one. They are now considering having it moved back as the low level account has become so much stronger in absolute terms. It's entirely possible that might be a unique happening and I'm sure support would not look kindly on wholesale transferring of stuff - are you listening AK-47? - but an occasional request for a single item.... who knows!
When did I say I wanted to do "wholesale transferring"? I would want the lone modifier weapon, and the 2k stats last boss item off my camper. Screw the other stuff....

Dipstik
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
When did I say I wanted to do "wholesale transferring"? I would want the lone modifier weapon, and the 2k stats last boss item off my camper. Screw the other stuff....

If this is happening, I have a HUGE problem with it. It's really not fair to have twice the chance to get collect 10 event items and then put all the modifier items on the same account. I suppose if they want to charge money for the privilege and make it available to everyone it wouldn't be more unfair than any other "pay to win" features, but if it's just done for a few people under the table it's wrong.

sister morphine
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok, guess I read a bit too much into your previous...

Whoa whoa, that is a huge statement... If this is true, screw my low level camper that has the final boss items... I want that stuff on my main!

PawnXIIX
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM
If this is happening, I have a HUGE problem with it. It's really not fair to have twice the chance to get collect 10 event items and then put all the modifier items on the same account. I suppose if they want to charge money for the privilege and make it available to everyone it wouldn't be more unfair than any other "pay to win" features, but if it's just done for a few people under the table it's wrong.

Data shows that the item rate for the 10th items is WAY higher for the lower level accounts. How is this fair for the rest of the people if you just pile on items from multiple accounts. What's stopping you from winning the final prizes on two level 20 accounts and then passing them both onto the same main?

Ericinico
02-28-2013, 07:36 PM
The problem is that if you had an 8 million income on your iPad, and your iPhone had an 80k income, you could send a billion bucks to your other game and be set for a couple months.

AK-47
02-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't want this implemented either. At all. I wouldn't even want it to be a purchasable feature. They might as well just charge straight up for the event item. That would save a lot of time. I highly doubt this has ever happened before. There would be an uproar for sure.

Tommy Two Toes
02-28-2013, 09:37 PM
I am willing trade all of my hechmen's !!! any takers?? :D

Dibs!

Mafia will turn on you, henchmen are forever!

sister morphine
02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Data shows that the item rate for the 10th items is WAY higher for the lower level accounts. How is this fair for the rest of the people if you just pile on items from multiple accounts. What's stopping you from winning the final prizes on two level 20 accounts and then passing them both onto the same main?
I'd refer you to my earlier answer about wholesale transfers (and the same applies to Ericinico's billion dollar idea). I don't know all the ins and outs; my friend lost access to main account for I think nearly a week after the Android bad data incident recently, so it's entirely possible the transfer was done as a kind of compensation for that rather like a few people are given some free gold as compo for long running issues

4Nik8R
03-01-2013, 05:30 AM
I ran into a guy at lvl 56 that had some interesting buildings...two modern lofts and a couple others. I quickly checked my money bld menu jist to see and it was locked for later levels. I went through his inventory, WOW! Napalm, landmines, numberous cars and even the boat which are LOCKED ITEMS (for me anyway)! I called him on it and his reply was he synced his device with new device and between two accounts.
Is this possible? Or just a hacker?

sister morphine
03-01-2013, 05:35 AM
I ran into a guy at lvl 56 that had some interesting buildings...two modern lofts and a couple others. I quickly checked my money bld menu jist to see and it was locked for later levels. I went through his inventory, WOW! Napalm, landmines, numberous cars and even the boat which are LOCKED ITEMS (for me anyway)! I called him on it and his reply was he synced his device with new device and between two accounts.
Is this possible? Or just a hacker?
More than likely a hacker. Report him to be safe

PawnXIIX
03-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd refer you to my earlier answer about wholesale transfers (and the same applies to Ericinico's billion dollar idea). I don't know all the ins and outs; my friend lost access to main account for I think nearly a week after the Android bad data incident recently, so it's entirely possible the transfer was done as a kind of compensation for that rather like a few people are given some free gold as compo for long running issues

The only thing I find insteresting about that is that there are two words that are usually never used in a sentence.

"GREE" and "Compensation"

http://i.qkme.me/3quqau.jpg

Now I know you didn't use the word GREE but they don't give compensation for things :( They still haven't fixed the android mutli-click drop loot and even as an IOS user I wish they'd give some kind of compensation for that. Maybe like a month of doubled loot rates or something that would help them out.

I think we should be able to transfer non-stat boosting items and any items that aren't event final prizes. At that, make a cap so that way players under a certain level aren't able to receive items above a certain rating. Example, a player who is level 10 doesn't get to receive a APR 20X (720/398) so that way you have a decimating camper account. IF trading ever goes into effect, these are two things that would make it balanced so we don't have stupid accounts down in the lower levels.