PDA

View Full Version : Pvp miscounted ??

Cas
02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
First of congratulations to all the top 50 syndicates .. Now does any one else feel like their syndicate earned more then 15k in pvp wins n not make the list ?? Lol cause I know I feel that way n so do a bunch of others on my syndicate .. I'm not trying to take anything away from the winners but I think their should b some sort of counter or something .. We had about half our team keeping record of their wins and earned over 15k with that alone ?? Just wanted to see if anyone else shares this frustration??

Plumbernick9
02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Maybe some of your teammates made a miscalculation or two on their attack count.

ottootto
02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
are you sure about right count of all member of your syndicate?
or they were just claim numbers

Cas
02-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Some posted pics of their stats b4 and after , some just claimed it .. Kina of one of my points it would b nice if their was a counter on the syn page that everyone could see..

dudeman
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Defense wins do not count. If you didn't use your own stamina to earn a win, it's lost to the ether of time.

If one person in your syndicate doesn't know that, you have at least one serious miscalculation in your estimate. If more than one person in your group is unaware that defense wins do not count, you likely have a major miscalculation in your estimates.

I could tell you how to figure it out, but....

Figure out yer own darn strategy! :p

Some posted pics of their stats b4 and after , some just claimed it .. Kina of one of my points it would b nice if their was a counter on the syn page that everyone could see..

The fact that there is no counter is part of the challenge. It's not even that big of a challenge, really.

Cas
02-27-2013, 05:41 PM
We were all attacking away I would estimate their was 20 of us with 600-900 attacks each a few had 1k-2k ..

Cas
02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah but it would be nice to see if the error is on Gree's side or if people in the team are not doing what they say

Steve0
02-27-2013, 05:44 PM
You could of barley missed it.

Cas
02-27-2013, 05:45 PM
You could of barley missed it.

That's true too

jobadass
02-27-2013, 05:58 PM
You could of barley missed it.your new avy=hot

OP: I suggest taking screen shots of all your members before and immediately following PvP events. Deduct 5% for defensive wins, and there's your count.

Full syndicate of active players is anyone's best chance

Guiltfeeder
02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
I feel the same, no disrespect to all the winners but I would really like to see an extended list(#51-100ish) because our syn felt the exact same, some used gold for refills but we had to be close to 14k.

CJ54
02-27-2013, 06:01 PM

We're working on an in-game framework for this.

One thing we noticed over in MW was that people get confused by the attacks won/lost on the profile, since those count defenses (i.e. someone attacks you rather than the other way around) and successful defenses aren't counted on the wins. The trick there is that multiple attacks in succession in a short space of time only leave one newsfeed item. So someone might attack you 5-10 times in quick succession, your wins go up by that number on the profile, but it only leaves one newsfeed item so you think you were only attacked once. This can actually become really significant since if you are intentionally attacking more people than normal, you're also provoking more potential counter-attacks just as a consequence.

Obviously if someone's paying close attention and knows about this, it is something that you can account for. But when people are just going by their profile numbers, the above combination of factors created some pretty large discrepancies reported.

We also had three reporting issues on our end in the MW events; one basically shaved numbers off everyone faction's totals but by the same amount (so the winners list order was still correct, but the exact numbers for each were not correct. Caused a lot of tickets even though everyone's standing relative to each other was actually correct), and it's possible that happened again but I wouldn't know without a LOT more info from multiple factions. Another was a result of what was called the "ghost member" issue over there which was specific to Modern War only (we fixed that and made sure it wouldn't happen in Crime City, and it didn't). The third one appeared to have been caused by a name change to a faction, which was very weird but hasn't happened again (we had a couple of name-changed factions in the winners list that we kept an eye on this time).

So basically the short version is, a counter would be good. Right now not having one is just a consequence of the fact that people like these kind of events but we don't have the in-game framework ready.

Cas
02-27-2013, 06:10 PM

One thing we noticed over in MW was that people get confused by the attacks won/lost on the profile, since those count defenses (i.e. someone attacks you rather than the other way around) and successful defenses aren't counted on the wins. The trick there is that multiple attacks in succession in a short space of time only leave one newsfeed item. So someone might attack you 5-10 times in quick succession, your wins go up by that number on the profile, but it only leaves one newsfeed item so you think you were only attacked once. This can actually become really significant since if you are intentionally attacking more people than normal, you're also provoking more potential counter-attacks just as a consequence.

Obviously if someone's paying close attention and knows about this, it is something that you can account for. But when people are just going by their profile numbers, the above combination of factors created some pretty large discrepancies reported.

We also had three reporting issues on our end in the MW events; one basically shaved numbers off everyone faction's totals but by the same amount (so the winners list order was still correct, but the exact numbers for each were not correct. Caused a lot of tickets even though everyone's standing relative to each other was actually correct), and it's possible that happened again but I wouldn't know without a LOT more info from multiple factions. Another was a result of what was called the "ghost member" issue over there which was specific to Modern War only (we fixed that and made sure it wouldn't happen in Crime City, and it didn't). The third one appeared to have been caused by a name change to a faction, which was very weird but hasn't happened again (we had a couple of name-changed factions in the winners list that we kept an eye on this time).

So basically the short version is, a counter would be good. Right now not having one is just a consequence of the fact that people like these kind of events but we don't have the in-game framework ready.

Thanx for the informative response , I think that should help clear up a bunch of confusion with my teammates ..I forget that it groups all the attacks as one news headline..

Tommy Two Toes
02-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Always such a nice reply, CJ. Wish Gree had 20 of you (working in ticket resolution :-)

Butt Futter
02-27-2013, 06:26 PM
I tracked my syndicate attack at the start and then finish to see what we had.

Shizzy
02-27-2013, 07:23 PM
I feel the same, no disrespect to all the winners but I would really like to see an extended list(#51-100ish) because our syn felt the exact same, some used gold for refills but we had to be close to 14k.

Anyone know the drop rate of bricks? My syndicate found itself on the outside looking in and we accumulated over 3000 bricks in that 48 hour span. Since you can only get attacks from PVP wins, I would think we hit the 15k threshold with ease. Bare minimum we hit 20-22k. Personally I thought the threshold was low...figured it would have been 25k with that gold sale running at the same time. Congrats to the winners...

corbaman
02-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Would be nice if there was some kind of leaderboard or stats that could be checked in-game.

Would also be nice if there was a summary stats page for syndicate members, instead of having to click into each player to check their stats. That way it would be 100 times easier to see whose active and whose slacking.

PawnXIIX
02-27-2013, 08:13 PM
...The trick there is that multiple attacks in succession in a short space of time only leave one newsfeed item. So someone might attack you 5-10 times in quick succession, your wins go up by that number on the profile, but it only leaves one newsfeed item so you think you were only attacked once.

For those of you who lose 60 of the PvP explosives in 1 newsfeed even though you won every single attack/robbery, this is your answer.

wan960
02-28-2013, 06:03 AM
i don't know how can i start pvp,how scale

mofisto
02-28-2013, 06:07 AM
i don't know how can i start pvp,how scale
Syndicate pvp is over now.

Winners at the top of the forum

kimberleyj
02-28-2013, 06:44 AM

if the was a counter i would actually make an effort of doing the syndicate pvp event, i didn't bother because i didn't think the other members would be able to attack enough to make it worth while. it is okay doing a solo pvp without a counter but when you got to put faith in your team mates it is another question.

Tommy Gun
02-28-2013, 07:04 AM
We had the same issue. We counted low 20,000 wins total, then subtracted losses to get mid 16,000. Never heard of subtracting losses, but one of the syn officers said that is how it's done. Either way, we should have been in. The counts were done by screen shot of all members. So there might be a loss of wins counted from defense wins. CJ, are losses subtracted from wins?

Swearengen
02-28-2013, 07:31 AM
U don't subtract losses you subtract wins (green print in your news feed), successful defending against atks. those are counted in your screen shot but are not counted as PvP scores. And like CJ said, if you see one green feed it may represent 10 successful defenses not just one...so it is almost impossible to get a 100% accurate count

Gary RG
02-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Make successfully defended attacks count as PvP wins!! No??

Mobster.
02-28-2013, 10:32 PM

CJ54 - Can you also add one more point in the splash screen for PvP Events. "Robs do not count" if robs do not count or "PVP attacks/robs" if robs also count, explicitly on the splash screen, so we are aware that we are supposed to attack and not rob. I guess in MW, raids were also counted. Not sure if robs were counted in CC.

Thanks.

corbaman
02-28-2013, 10:42 PM

I'd love a stats page for my syndicate, tracking all syndicate related activities.

Donations. Last activity. Fight stats. etc.

That way it would be easy to see at a glance whose slacking and whose on the ball.

thevlad
02-28-2013, 11:07 PM
I'd love a stats page for my syndicate, tracking all syndicate related activities.

Donations. Last activity. Fight stats. etc.

That way it would be easy to see at a glance whose slacking and whose on the ball.

If they ever do this certain things should only be viewable by select officers and the leader of course.
They should make a privacy settings page where you can choose who sees what