PDA

View Full Version : Has the pre-Egypt PVP Event been canceled?

Generik79
02-27-2013, 04:18 PM
The dates for the PVP Event were listed during Lt. Isus early this afternoon as 2/28-3/1. Now, the WD user interface has removed the PVP Event and placed another crate event in its stead.....thoughts?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/generik79/MW%20Images/nopvp.png

Timbathia
02-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Maybe they are finally taking notice of how burnt out most of us are, especially with syndicates starting?

Maestro
02-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Pvp is still on andriod

Generik79
02-27-2013, 04:31 PM
This just updated in the last hour on iOS. On my iPhone and iPad.

Jhenry02
02-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Shows ammo crate for me as well.

procsyzarc
02-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Hope not PVP events are the best ones

nic4msu
02-27-2013, 04:48 PM
We really need to know! It's bad enough that they wait until a few hours before each eve t to announce start & end times, but we have players re-arranging schedules for this.

Dudebot121256
02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Pvp is still on andriodNew dataset removes it from android and replaces it with Ammo Box event. I'm fine with the change, I have lots of money to burn and at the same time, I don't level up much.

nic4msu
02-27-2013, 04:54 PM
PvP is a great way to test-run new players in your faction, though.

Richie.
02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Thank god...usually go up at least three levels doing pvp event...much prefer not to have to do it.

Hondo
02-27-2013, 05:24 PM
The crates make more money.
The End

Alpha dog
02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Maybe we will get a PvP before Egypt anyway!

Maybe Gree will listen to their customers and make the WD events a month apart like they first said.

Maybe not

nic4msu
02-27-2013, 06:09 PM
CJ - do we still have a PvP event starting tomorrow?

CplJC
02-27-2013, 06:40 PM
CJ answer haha! Yeah ok..I'm just sit here and lite some marshmallows!

puffypete
02-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Maybe we will get a PvP before Egypt anyway!

Maybe Gree will listen to their customers and make the WD events a month apart like they first said.

Maybe not

How is GREE not listening to their customers? How has there been more than one event per month? Brazil? Happened in January. Greenland? Happened in February! Egypt? Happening in March. That would equate to one event a month. they could've done Greenland on the last weekend in February and Egypt the first weekend of March and it'd still be one per month? Why are you and everyone else complaining? What you should say - "The events should be 45 days apart" or "every 5-6 weeks".

wowfiend1207
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
It maybe be delayed but as soon as cj know 100% he will post something

marebear
02-27-2013, 08:44 PM
How is GREE not listening to their customers? Oh good lord, where do we start...

nic4msu
02-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Even an idea of whether this has been cancelled or not would be helpful considering the # of timezones we need to coordinate.

As we all know from experience, the in-game info & schedule is the LEAST reliable source of information we have.

Wai
02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
How is GREE not listening to their customers? How has there been more than one event per month? Brazil? Happened in January. Greenland? Happened in February! Egypt? Happening in March. That would equate to one event a month. they could've done Greenland on the last weekend in February and Egypt the first weekend of March and it'd still be one per month? Why are you and everyone else complaining? What you should say - "The events should be 45 days apart" or "every 5-6 weeks".

I think the words used were 'a month apart' and the intention was to convey that they should be the same weekend every calendar month. eg the second weekend or similar. If we all knew that then we could take it into consideration when planning a personal calendar many months in advance. It currently just serves to aggravates when it could be just so easy.

I don't understand why we make things so difficult when they don't need to be. I would have thought that side of the scheduling would have been well researched and thought out. It may be, but it just doesn't seem that way.

I would have thought knowing months in advance with the ability to plan for these things rather than being taken constantly by surprise would increase participation and therefore the potential $ spend. Sometimes less = more and too much = a lot less.

It seems that we are told of the following event dates at the conclusion of the current event. That to me doesn't make a lot of sense if you are wanting to attract the greatest level of particpation. Can you imagine your favorite sport or even TV series where you never know when the next game or episiode was going to be on until the end of the last. Do you think that is an attendance/ratings improver or would it detract.

Too frequent and ppl and Factions will make their own choices how often and at what level they will participate. Faction shells may become commonplace if the frequency continues to be pushed forward, effectively defeating the purpose of its design.

It is the ppl in the core group of factions that will determine the success or demise of this and not the ones at the very top. It ought to be highly successful for player and company, but it could just as easlily turn around and bite everyone especially the company, if not managed properly.

Pretty sure the consistent once a calendar month is the common thread throughout.

Luck.E
02-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Gree can change an event by just a simple dataset update, but can't postpone WD for 1-2 week...

I am a cow
02-27-2013, 09:19 PM
And like a boss i say that we scrap the PvP event and bring on the crates. Bring it GREE :D

Bart
02-27-2013, 09:25 PM
It should follow last month's format like the Greenland, do 2 crates and 2 boss events, 1 PVP event, 1 big WD event. So like 1 1/2 months between locations

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Please, some of you aren't properly assimilating. Please, let's all just follw our instructions. I feel much better being compliant.

Generik79
02-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Assimilate, people....the time has come.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/generik79/fd871501d8d6eb09da2bd399f0907f0e.jpg

nic4msu
02-28-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm trying to assimilate, but just when I've learned to ignore all in-game info and timers in favor of this forum, they stop giving info on this forum and start giving only in-game. Head. Ex. Plo. Ding.

aod
02-28-2013, 01:11 AM
What's going on ? Please give us a PVP event ! Crates again .. this is getting a little bit boring !

I am a cow
02-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Crates are the best got 25 of em open for free

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
02-28-2013, 01:43 AM

This could be the most brilliant post I've ever seen here. You are truly amazing in you apt dissection of the English language. You are 100% correct.. Gree listens to it's customer base.. it hangs on our every word. And yes they could have had one on the last day in Feb and first day of Mar.. That would only be once per month-- EXCELLENT observation. I pay my rent once a month.. unfortunately, my landlords are not as smart as you. They set up my payments one month apart instead of "once per month". I'm glad you used context and simple logic to determine he was talking about "once per month" and not "one month apart". You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 02:13 AM
I say... Just go with the flow, GREE keeps us on our toes.

In the end it is for you to decide whether you will participate or not in any event.

Communication from GREE still need to improve but since CJ has joined the forums it has got better. I don't know who makes the decisions to change events but it feels that CJ is at times not kept in the loop.

If you are reading this CJ, please be so kind and provide us with an update as to whether the WD event is still scheduled to start on Thu 7th March as we all have our daily lives that we need to plan around these events!

Muchos gracias!

CJ54
02-28-2013, 02:28 AM
No, I was in the loop but just forgot that we have a lead-up screen in the game with the events listed now (previous to that feature, I didn't have cause to tell you guys when something got cancelled before the fact. "Hey guys we were planning this thing you didn't know about but decided not to" makes a lame conversational opener). My understanding is that this one was nixed for technical reasons. Sometimes that happens.

I'll check on the WD date tomorrow but it's not been changed as far as I'm aware, this current event being changed isn't going to impact that.

nic4msu
02-28-2013, 02:47 AM
LOL ... So I can STILL trust what I've learned -- ignore everything I see in-game unless it's been confirmed here by CJ! Honestly, this is reassuring.

Thank you, CJ, for confirming that the PvP event announced in-game is cancelled.

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 02:53 AM
LOL ... So I can STILL trust what I've learned -- ignore everything I see in-game unless it's been confirmed here by CJ! Honestly, this is reassuring.

Thank you, CJ, for confirming that the PvP event announced in-game is cancelled.

Well, the in-game schedule was changed to reflect the change. What would have been worse is if they hadn't updated the in-game schedule, so at least GREE are trying to prevent any surprises by making the necessary change in the in-game schedule, which is a good thing!

GREE are listening, they are learning and they are improving, but as always it could be better! Only downside right now is the huge backlog and the long response times but I am sure they will get on top of that too as time progresses. Of course the other BIG issue is with hackers but I do believe they are comitted to dealing with this problem. Trouble is, finding, fixing and preventing these hacks is easier said than done. I say that with a technical background in IT.

Mcdoc
02-28-2013, 02:57 AM
No, I was in the loop but just forgot that we have a lead-up screen in the game with the events listed now (previous to that feature, I didn't have cause to tell you guys when something got cancelled before the fact. "Hey guys we were planning this thing you didn't know about but decided not to" makes a lame conversational opener). My understanding is that this one was nixed for technical reasons. Sometimes that happens.

I'll check on the WD date tomorrow but it's not been changed as far as I'm aware, this current event being changed isn't going to impact that.

Really is TOO bad about the PvP tournament being cancelled - it is one of the FEW ways we can measure the game participation of a new recruit and test out his performance before getting locked in for a War.

CJ54
02-28-2013, 03:02 AM
Really is TOO bad about the PvP tournament being cancelled - it is one of the FEW ways we can measure the game participation of a new recruit and test out his performance before getting locked in for a War.

Any other ideas as to how you could do that? Or a situation that would be helpful to that? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on what would make recruitment easier in that regard.

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 03:05 AM

If there are technical issues, would you want an event that would screw the game up? I understand where you are coming from and this is a one-off change because of technical issues. People need to collect concrete before a WD event as well as test new recruits and I am sure GREE are aware of this... so like the man said because of technical issues it has been cancelled and it will be a one off, I am sure of it or at least I hope so :)

Oh and CJ has humour too, which I find endearing!

Richie.
02-28-2013, 03:15 AM
There must be aother way to measure new members than having to do 1000's of mindless attacks, forcing people to level up quickly with a poor stat unit as a reward at the end.

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 03:15 AM
A pretend PvP tourney for new recruits during the crate event to show they are committed maybe? They should be collecting many crates and concrete during the event then!

Hassleham
02-28-2013, 03:20 AM
Any other ideas as to how you could do that? Or a situation that would be helpful to that? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on what would make recruitment easier in that regard.

Let us add and remove players during an event.. That would sort it!

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 03:22 AM
There must be aother way to measure new members than having to do 1000's of mindless attacks, forcing people to level up quickly with a poor stat unit as a reward at the end.

So what is your proposed solution then? Hassleham has come up with an idea!

nic4msu
02-28-2013, 03:39 AM
One thing wold be to allow access to our individual WD scores beyond the events. If you won't allow the factions to keep access, perhaps you could add this as another stat on our individual pages. Along with attacks and raids, why not show WD wins, losses and points? You could make these private or public (my vote is public), but at least the info would survive the end of each battle and be accessible by players once they've left their faction.

nic4msu
02-28-2013, 03:42 AM
also, finally giving us access to stat pages of players requesting admission without having to accept them would be great!!! KA has this feature, so it must be possible.

Richie.
02-28-2013, 03:43 AM
Being able to remove new members if they are not performing and in for a free ride would be a solution.

Or for the leader to have an accept button for rewards to be issued out to each member....don't perform no reward.

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 03:49 AM
One thing wold be to allow access to our individual WD scores beyond the events. If you won't allow the factions to keep access, perhaps you could add this as another stat on our individual pages. Along with attacks and raids, why not show WD wins, losses and points? You could make these private or public (my vote is public), but at least the info would survive the end of each battle and be accessible by players once they've left their faction.

We already keep individual WD scores in a separate spreadsheet. Screenshot the individual points at the end of the event after your last battle and collect them in a spreadsheet. This really isn't rocket science.

Would be nice if they could differentiate between winning/losing fights and hitting the wall/command centre as not all players can attack other players.

Then possibly add this information to an individual's profile but just because someone has many losses in WD events or doesn't have many WD points, doesn't mean that they didn't have an active role in the event!

Richie.
02-28-2013, 03:52 AM
I like the idea of being able to view new applicants before accepting...with their previous WD score displayed.

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 03:53 AM
also, finally giving us access to stat pages of players requesting admission without having to accept them would be great!!! KA has this feature, so it must be possible.

Yeah, that is broke but hopefully will be fixed soon!

James_mac
02-28-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the update CJ

HGF69
02-28-2013, 04:48 AM

Well if the check stats option worked before we accept people into the faction that would be one way.

We need tables for current only faction members (previous members stats should drop off, new recruits will show 0 or show their WD averages from previous factions - danger tho that this becomes a higher stats game the better)

The tables must show averages

We need a way of auto tracking donations, cash and cc

An activity log (when last logged on etc)

An online traffic light system during war

A chat facility for during war within the WD screens, jumping out of the WD menu to the faction menu then Forum is too long

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 05:01 AM
Well if the check stats option worked before we accept people into the faction that would be one way.

We need tables for current only faction members (previous members stats should drop off, new recruits will show 0 or show their WD averages from previous factions - danger tho that this becomes a higher stats game the better)

The tables must show averages

We need a way of auto tracking donations, cash and cc

An activity log (when last logged on etc)

An online traffic light system during war

A chat facility for during war within the WD screens, jumping out of the WD menu to the faction menu then Forum is too long

Great ideas Grant and I think many others have requested similar or the same but shouldn't they fix the glitches first? Also, how about numbering them in preference of order, so they know which ones to work on first or is that list in that order?

Tournai
02-28-2013, 05:14 AM
We already keep individual WD scores in a separate spreadsheet. Screenshot the individual points at the end of the event after your last battle and collect them in a spreadsheet. This really isn't rocket science.

Would be nice if they could differentiate between winning/losing fights and hitting the wall/command centre as not all players can attack other players.

Then possibly add this information to an individual's profile but just because someone has many losses in WD events or doesn't have many WD points, doesn't mean that they didn't have an active role in the event!

All True!, My problem was that when I wanted to take screenshots of all the individual points from my faction, we had a battle going on untill the last minute of the event.
Actually our battle should take 2 minutes longer then the event.

So when I was out of hits/health 1 minute before the end of the event, ( to take screenshots ),60 seconds later the whole screen disappeared, and all the WD points of my members where gone!

So it would be great as a leader to check all these thats, but Only as a leader I should have that info available in the future.

I hope GREE will change that!

BenTheTiger
02-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Being able to view accurate statistics would greatly help in faction maintenance. One of the biggest issues that I have seen is that the members screen displays false stats no matter what operating system that you are on. Also, Android users see different stats than iOS users. If you view on Android, it seems to show stats with all bonuses, while iOS only shows stats with some bonuses applied.

Dutchie
02-28-2013, 06:50 AM
Being able to view accurate statistics would greatly help in faction maintenance. One of the biggest issues that I have seen is that the members screen displays false stats no matter what operating system that you are on. Also, Android users see different stats than iOS users. If you view on Android, it seems to show stats with all bonuses, while iOS only shows stats with some bonuses applied.

Android and iOS are two different platforms with two different IDEs (development tools - iOS is Cocoa, not to sure with Android) and hence two different development teams. Hence the differences between platforms!

CplJC
02-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Moral of the story is simple...A change occurs, Make a popular thread, Put CJ on BLAST. and he will answer! Sounds like a plan!

jon_funzio
02-28-2013, 09:43 AM

Perhaps a *faction* collect 10 event or something along similar lines - crates are collected through PvP/PvE with the more crates collected per day per person the greater the chance of opening them at a pre-defined time (I'd suggest midnight/midday PST). For example 15 crates pp = 100% chance, 10 crates pp = 66% etc. the reward (unit/faction boost) is dependent on the number of crates successfully opened. This would have to be per person rather than total, to make it a level playing field for all factions.

The guilds would need a log of who collected how many crates, so that we could measure participation.

If you wanted to make it more interesting then you could add an element of FvF (faction v faction) into it, with a chance of stealing X% of their crates for a successful raid (which would cost faction cash) OR losing some of yours for a failed raid. Walls could then serve an extra purpose, perhaps with each LvL 10 wall adding 1% to the faction defence - which is a blended average of the defence score of the faction members.

This obviously needs work, but is hopefully food for thought.

Pakmom1
02-28-2013, 11:37 AM
I agree with what you're saying. The point difference from Brazil to Greenland was crazy for us, as we had a lot of missing players, so the few playing lost tons on hitting DLs. I think there are still too many people who just don't get it yet, and assume non participation, and don't communicate well enough to find put for sure before someone screams "boot 'em".

Jhenry02
02-28-2013, 12:04 PM

Obviously being able to see an applicants stats before adding them is necessary. Especially, I would like to see their wall before adding them. This way if I see 100 days of people trying to add them to factions or allies, I can tell they aren't social on their wall. And definately a shoot down for anyone who claims to have the gold cheat by being developers with 500 ally code posts. A donation tracker in game would be nice. It's not necessary but nice.

-J

General Nu
03-05-2013, 03:48 PM

How about keeping their WD points on their profile or their WD war wins/losses? That would speak for itself.