PDA

View Full Version : Valor unit theory

asdfasdfasdf
02-27-2013, 07:57 AM
With all the new high ranking valor units, I'm wondering if there could be a discussion on that theory or how it may have changed after the new units came in. I am typically 100% super hornet, but at the same time there should be a break from there for higher stat troops at some point I believe. Any input on strategies is welcome!

jon_funzio
02-27-2013, 08:34 AM
100% SH will become pointless as your army gets stronger. Consider the situation whereby you can afford to improve your base cash unit (i.e. the cheapest unit in your army from a frigate (5/8) to a cruiser (12/16). This means that the added stats of the super hornet (36/26) changes from 31/18 to 24/10 (i.e. the hornet stats minus the unit stats).

At this level you then need to consider the fact that there may be a better value unit out there for you - the hornet is then returning a meagre 24/10 - meaning that for every 1000 valour spent you gain 97.1 in stats. At this level, the Experimental Soldier with stats of 64/61/1000V returns 97 points of stat gain per 1000 valour - making it a similar addition to your army, exclusive of casualty rates.

One would also need to consider the effect of boost buildings, nation boost, faction boost etc. etc.

Why not start the discussion yourself next time? Explain the rationale behind why you use super hornets (I wouldn't touch them personally) and then suggest why you might consider changing strategy?

Jhenry02
02-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Uhm what theory do you want?
10 of the 13 best valor units for casualty rates are new.
The new 10 best valor units aren't worth the value of the 3 originals in the 13 best.

But if you are pushing the upper boundaries of a/d statistics and have no choice but to upgrade, 10 of the new units are great on consumption.

-J

Edit: Added that second paragraph, felt it was pertinent after someone beat me to the second post.

Trebor
02-27-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm sitting on 30k valor! I was going to go all in on the new boat stealth assault cruiser, should I rethink this now and just get double the super hornets ? I fly the British flag so I was thinking the sea route !

Jhenry02
02-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Trebor,
Well, with your UK flag, the stealth assault cruiser costs 10 valor per stat point versus 6 valor per stat point for super hornet.
It also has a casualty rate 2/3 that of a super hornet.
To me I go with the super hornet, since it has 2 less stat points and costs half as much.

-Jason

jon_funzio
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
You need to factor in all of your boosts, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Work it out as follows:
Unit stats = base stats x (nation boost (10%) + faction boosts + building boosts + unit boosts)

For example, a player who is Germany with a maxed electronics factory and composites, has 25% faction boosts and was in a top 10 faction in Greenland giving a 5% boost to ground defence would have, for ground units:

Base stats x (1+0.1+0.25+0.2+0.2+0.05) for defence and
Base stats x (1+0.1+0.25+0.2) for attack
OR these modifiers: 1.8/1.55

Or, to put it simply, the Expert Attack Drone is boosted from stats of 46/30 to a respectable 71/54.

This means that all ground units are that much stronger for them, making them better value - this can be extrapolated to any other flag/unit type.

You also need to consider the fact that the units that you get from gaining rank tend to be much better value than the ones that you can buy straight out; the Elite Water Cruiser has stats of 41/65/800v versus the Stealth Assault Cruiser which has 40/34/840v.

Trebor
02-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Thank you ! I'm going to get both more hornets tho I do like those guys

asdfasdfasdf
02-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Ok, thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to hear opinions, nothing specific. As for my theory, yes SH units are the best bang for buck for quite some time, I'm around 400 right now yet I also have a high enough IPH to buy the Titan Attack ship which is 20/22 very low casualty rate and I buy around 20 of them a day when I'm fully producing units from my IPH. So now the 36/26 SH is actually only a 16/4 unit assuming I build up everything to the 20/22 mark (my defense is close to 18 right now I believe, the attack much lower).

Knowing this, and with all the units made, I was wanting to be lazy and not have to crunch all the individual statistics to really get a gauge on what works best, wah wah. I wave the American flag so no boost there, and my other boost buildings are pretty equal across the board. Knowing that, from a balanced perspective, what would the next efficiency unit be given the valor points? Once again, I could do this, but if someone had already done it why reinvent the wheel. Though I know sometimes people like to hide their strategy and that's ok, but no harm asking.

Jhenry02
02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Titan attack ship has the same consumption rate as a super hornet.