PDA

View Full Version : Next Epic Boss: Boss will pop up before the goal

CJ54
02-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey all, a little later today (and by "later today" I apparently mean now), we'll be releasing the next Epic Boss. Due to peculiarities of the data push, the boss will start showing up before the actual goal to defeat the boss shows up. Wins happening before the goal appears won't count towards the goal when it does show up.

Ericinico
02-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Hey all, a little later today, we'll be releasing the next Epic Boss. Due to peculiarities of the data push, the boss will start showing up before the actual goal to defeat the boss shows up. Wins happening before the goal appears won't count towards the goal when it does show up.Thanks for the info. I'll never get all 30 or 35 anyway.

Ranger4Life
02-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up CJ!

So everyone make sure you don't start attacking the boss until you see it in your goals.

General Soviet
02-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the warning.

Kjctnorris
02-25-2013, 12:16 PM
So, you're saying if it shows up in our goals, we are good to go, correct?

Ivo
02-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Which means more loot without tiering up?

-edit- alas, doesn't work this way.

SGT Rud
02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Does that mean hey will remain level one boss until the first battle with the goal posted, or will he continue to get harder? Will it re-set after the goal gets posted? How long until the goal gets posted?

dredogg14
02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
CJ - does this mean that wins before will still give the units, but no going up the tier, thus extra indestructibles for those that start early?

Ivo
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Does that mean hey will remain level one boss until the first battle with the goal posted, or will he continue to get harder? Will it re-set after the goal gets posted? How long until the goal gets posted?
I can confirm the boss is still going up in level and strenght.

atretes1
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Wish I would have known before I started.

CJ54
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Which means more loot without tiering up?

Don't quote me on this as I may be wrong, but my understanding based on previous boss events is that boss difficulty (the boss's number) and the goal number are separate.

ochr0961
02-25-2013, 12:23 PM
This is going to cause a lot of problems for people. I already for one beat the boss 3 times before seeing this. Meaning I will now have to get to lvl 38 for the unit? Also is there going to be a unit I just got the pop up and it doesn't have a unit for this boss

KizbotBro
02-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Well it's just as well that every player that plays this game reads the forums. Other wise things like this would probably cause unnecessary confusion and a back log of tickets.

SGT Rud
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Sweet I will hold off then. Do you think his level will re-set back to one when the goal gets posted? Probably not huh? How about the level when he reaches 35?

Dudebot121256
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks, CJ. Good to know that we should wait until the goal arrives.

Thief
02-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Sigh....Read this too late :(. Not sure i was going to be making it to lvl 35 anyways....but still

CJ54
02-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Well it's just as well that every player that plays this game reads the forums. Other wise things like this would probably cause unnecessary confusion and a back log of tickets.

If we had the ability to push out news to the entire game easily, we would do so for things like this. Since we can't, we do what we can do.

soulnmysole
02-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I have the goal in my goal list, am I go to go?

Sillybeans
02-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Lucky i only killed her once.... *phew*

Ranger4Life
02-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Guys- DON'T START THE BOSS if you are planning on going for level 35!!!!

This is what happens:

Every time you attack a boss the boss will get harder and harder to beat and it will show that you are beating boss X. Then when the boss goal shows up it will show that you are on boss 1. Now you will have to beat 35 bosses plus the number you beat before hand before the mega prize will drop.

Sillybeans
02-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Cant see the mega prize either :P rares look fancy tho

Generik79
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Ditto what ranger said. I did it with Brazilian Warlord. Learned my lesson. Took 41 level wins to get 35 goal...DO NOT DO IT!

El Cid
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
I was at at boss 7 already when I read this.
Planning to get to 35.

CJ, I really hope this won't equal boss #42 when I get to #35.

Spanish Fly
02-25-2013, 12:32 PM
In the past, tickets were honored on the CJ. I assume this will again be the case? If we have the total number of units to demonstrate we've reached the goal, we should be awarded the unit.

Sillybeans
02-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Going to start boss on camper, goals are there not panning on getting past 15 (dont use gold on it) if the boss shows up i will tell u if it starts counting

El Cid
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Actually it's getting harder.
According to the game, I am at boss 2 but it took me 2 free hits to beat him, so it's really like if I was at boss #8.
This means I would have to beat boss 42 to get the nice unit...

And now, I quit and come back to the game, the boss goal disapeared...

atretes1
02-25-2013, 12:36 PM
its in my goals now

Kot
02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
This is fuc...kd up.
When will gree do it right?

LeBarticus
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Wow that's frustrating. I killed 5 bosses before I read this.

So when I defeat #30 on my goals (35 in game), ill send a ticket and you guys will reward me with the prize?

krztov
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Actually it's getting harder.
According to the game, I am at boss 2 but it took me 2 free hits to beat him, so it's really like if I was at boss #8.
This means I would have to beat boss 42 to get the nice unit...

Same here, 2 free hits on boss 6 (which is technically boss 1 according to goals)..

this sucks.

El Cid
02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
CJ, can you just erase and start boss over from scratch? I think that there are a lot among us who would simply prefer that option

groovdog
02-25-2013, 12:42 PM
If we had the ability to push out news to the entire game easily, we would do so for things like this. Since we can't, we do what we can do.
Then push the goal first?? 8 FING kills. How about pushing a reset???

Slippo
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
I was at at boss 7 already when I read this.
Planning to get to 35.

CJ, I really hope this won't equal boss #42 when I get to #35.

Exactly the same for me!!

Now boss 1 is strength of boss 8, i was planning on going to Level 35 too.

If i have to now go to boss 42 this is completely wrong, especially given the strength compared to Boss Level 1-8 and the gold that will be needed.

What should i do? Any suggestions

Sc00ba5t3v3
02-25-2013, 12:51 PM

I see what you did there ;)

KizbotBro
02-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Sorry cj that was a bit sarcastic of me. Support has been very helpful to me in the past but they do seem massively over worked already with the time it takes to answer tickets.

This is presumably just down to my lack of knowledge on the topic but why can't both parts just be pushed out at the same time?

dredogg14
02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
CJ - boss splash screen also hasn't come up for me yet. Playing on iOS and player ID is 111 473 644 if that helps

Acidist
02-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Hmm too late for me.I have defeated the boss 8X, but in my goals have i only 5X

junkkicker
02-25-2013, 01:06 PM

I still get a monsoon jet and 50 gold bar notice, so it is possible... I was going to spend gold to get to 35 but not going to do it to get to 43.

Kot
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM
8bosses down, shows as 1/35.
You need to do somthing about it. I gues if I send a ticket I will resive the top unit in 3-4 weeks.
CJ, youneed to give us an answer, what will happend?

krztov
02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
I will say one thing, this top ten greenland bonus is awesome, 13 mins to wait for another hit is nice :)

Sillybeans
02-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Anyone tell me the lv35 loot stats? isnt showing up for android....

LeBarticus
02-25-2013, 01:20 PM
So since I started with 5 down at only 1 in goals, does this means the rares won't drop as easy? Like when I'm on #20 the rares will drop like I am on #15?

CJ54
02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I still get a monsoon jet and 50 gold bar notice, so it is possible... I was going to spend gold to get to 35 but not going to do it to get to 43.

The key word is "easily". All pop-ups have to be mocked up and then actually drawn by an artist, including the text, so that doesn't work for things that need to go out asap. They also can't be turned off quickly (note the monsoon jet/50 gold pop-up, which will be turned off in a data push pretty soon). So that makes them unsuitable for things that are immediate and short-term.

We CAN do push notifications, but A: a lot of people have those turned off anyway and B: they're super-resource-intensive and have to be monitored carefully, excepting the automatic ones. The push notification we sent out for the first WD was actually what caused a bunch of the server errors.

Acidist
02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
8bosses down, shows as 1/35.
You need to do somthing about it. I gues if I send a ticket I will resive the top unit in 3-4 weeks.
CJ, youneed to give us an answer, what will happend?
Hmm, good question buddy.
CJ can u look on my Account please?
Acidist: 894-734-289
Thank you

El Cid
02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
CJ,

Can we assume that when we get to boss 35 on the screen (only will be 29th on the goal screen in my case), that we will get the Khet Desert Striker if we send a ticket?

I would certainly hope so.

sacromyces
02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm in the same boat as El Cid.

CJ54
02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
CJ,

Can we assume that when we get to boss 35 on the screen (only will be 29th on the goal screen in my case), that we will get the Khet Desert Striker if we send a ticket?

I would certainly hope so.

If we verify that you defeated 35 bosses like the goal required, yes (about half the tickets we get when this kind of thing happens, people are a couple short and just counted wrong). Support has access to an internal tracker that shows the number of bosses defeated regardless of goal.

Kot
02-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanx for the answer JC.
How fast can support handel it?
I will have my unit before the next batle?

CJ54
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanx for the answer JC.
How fast can support handel it?
I will have my unit before the next batle?

We're doing a hard push on MW tickets this week, but it depends on other factors.

El Cid
02-25-2013, 01:47 PM
If we verify that you defeated 35 bosses like the goal required, yes (about half the tickets we get when this kind of thing happens, people are a couple short and just counted wrong). Support has access to an internal tracker that shows the number of bosses defeated regardless of goal.

CJ,
This is the answer I wanted to hear (or read :) )
Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers!!!

Slippo
02-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Thank you for that prompt reply CJ. This is good to hear.

I shall now continue on Boss 10 [Boss 3 in goals Haha]

mgriss
02-25-2013, 02:09 PM
In the same boat as everyone else, beat Isis 6 times before the goal showed up.

It's good to know that my gold won't be spent in vain, just have to wait for the unit.

Thanks CJ!!

Grand Overlord
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Hey all, a little later today (and by "later today" I apparently mean now), we'll be releasing the next Epic Boss. Due to peculiarities of the data push, the boss will start showing up before the actual goal to defeat the boss shows up. Wins happening before the goal appears won't count towards the goal when it does show up.

CJ, it would be really helpful if information like this went in the "Announcements" section of the forum. As I write this there are 22 threads above yours, and it's about to go onto the next page. This is VERY important information and I only found it because every few days I do a search for posts by you.

If you aren't going to use the "Announcements" section, please remove it.

Thanks for reading to my mini rant. :o

aphroKEN
02-25-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm thinking less than 1% of players participate in the forums. The other 99% are going to wonder why their goal progress don't match with the number of bosses they've beaten. Luckily Gree has an awesome an support team so the flood of tickets demanding explanations will be handled quickly and professionally!

Dudebot121256
02-25-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking less than 1% of players participate in the forums. The other 99% are going to wonder why their goal progress don't match with the number of bosses they've beaten. Luckily Gree has an awesome an support team so the flood of tickets demanding explanations will be handled quickly and professionally!Actually, my goal automatically updated so either just android scripts are working like their supposed to or all scripts work.

aphroKEN
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Well then support is going to be disappointed that the flood of juicy JUICY tickets won't be submitted.

I am a cow
02-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Well that was fun beating the boss 10 times and then realising that there wasnt a goal for it im loving how i never will make it to boss 35 ever meh! :D

ghh
03-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Thank you for that prompt reply CJ. This is good to hear.

I shall now continue on Boss 10 [Boss 3 in goals Haha]

I've hit lvl 35 it was hard going and took nearly a vault of gold I am very disappointed in GREE this sort of thing keeps happening. I have sent in a ticket with some screen shots but how quick will they act. If I go for the next 3 bosses to release the prize will they refund me the gold required or am I going to have to hope they sort it out?
This forum is very useful but does take some trawling through.

A3OT
03-02-2013, 02:01 AM
It is good that I am not at that time when boss events starts, lol
Nothing like that will happen with me:rolleyes:

Tctiger
03-02-2013, 05:00 AM
I was already in the game when the boss popped up so I beat 9 before I shut the game and opened again to get the goal let alone come on here to read your post , this is not my fault so I expect the unit , ticket sent . What is more worrying than me not getting a unit I should is all the non forum players spending gold and not winning the unit what about all of those customers CJ ? I have taken a pic of boss 36 that I will send from pc next week just incase I get a poor response .i would have thought you would be saying sorry and please send a picture to show you did it and we will give you the unit , but again what about people not on forum? This is really bad PR for gree , I know you prob don't want all the ticket hassle and I know you may not be able to stop this happening but still .

BringIt
03-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Hopefully they don't lose tickets...

No Retreat No Surrender
03-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks CJ

I will confirm to two of my faction members that they just have to beat the boss 35 times to win prize...

Correct yes?

Thanks for this

No Retreat No Surrender
03-02-2013, 10:11 AM
As a few have motioned above half my faction is not on the forum so didnt know, is there anything else they need to do, take picture, Id number etc when sending in a request?

They are spending real money to get these prizes and don't have a clue whats happening.

Cheers

Dudebot121256
03-02-2013, 10:13 AM
As a few have motioned above half my faction is not on the forum so didnt know, is there anything else they need to do, take picture, Id number etc when sending in a request?

They are spending real money to get these prizes and don't have a clue whats happening.

CheersFrom what I've read, you can send a ticket in even if you don't have a screenshot but it's a good idea to attach a screenshot of the completed goal.

No Retreat No Surrender
03-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Cheers dudebot,

Hopefully CJ you might look again at this...

My guys don't want to wait a month for something they have worked and paid for to achieve this prize, would it be possible that any gold they spend between the level 35 and above only to achieve the prize could be given back, this way they get there prize right away and they get back the gold that they wouldn't of had to spend if the event was started correctly.

I understand all sides, only having played the game for a month and now having 20 faction members all moaning about three or four problems we are having, I just want to be able to gave them one resolution....

Cheers

kwansu dude
03-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Just beat the elite 35x to get the khet desert attacker...didn't get it...then noticed on goals 27/35 so wtf right? I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to find y and googled and signed up for the forum looked at a million posts and now find this issue...like someone else said y wasn't there an announcement!? Was excited to get item then didn't get and wasted time wondering y! Thought I was being scammed again don't know how many times I've spent $ to buy gold to my final items and not to receive them....I've spent about $300-400...that's going to change real quick....I sent in a ticket...so if my screen shows a level 36 Isis I am good? If not I will attack more to get this item I've been working so hard for not to receive it

jon_funzio
03-04-2013, 05:39 AM
No biggy - I beat four before I got the goal, so just beat 39 bosses instead to get the prize which gave me another 4 uncommon/rares as a little extra sweetener. That said, those extra four were a little more expensive in cash and gold than I would have liked.

Sometimes it's better to take matters into your own hands rather than rely on support...

Archer59
03-04-2013, 06:11 AM
One of my strongest players is so angry he is selling his base and dropping the game entirely. He is not a forum member but he is....WAS...a gold spender. If an event is accessible on the players device, then whatever they gain through their efforts should be honored by Gree. Not every player has the desire to spend time on this forum, and they should not be penalized for it. One would hope that PRIOR TO something being rolled out that it would work correctly....wait, I'm a Senior Memeber....I should know better by now.

jon_funzio
03-04-2013, 08:49 AM
LOL - read the thread, specifically this:

There's no need for your faction member to throw their toys out of the pram.

I'd also recommend sending a screen shot of the triggered boss #36 - that way YOU know that you have beaten the correct number of bosses!

No Retreat No Surrender
03-04-2013, 04:04 PM
My guys spent the extra and beat the boss another three times each to ensure they got there prize, can't rely on support and plus my guys and girls have spent money to win this prize why should they wait a day, week or month to receive.

Such a shame...