PDA

View Full Version : Is Crime City Getting Too Repetitive?

MrWiggles
02-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Perhaps a poll would be nice to see what the majority thinks. Do you think that Crime City is too repetitive? The devs recycle a few photos, just changing the names of each of them, and slap 'em down for us on each event. Even the events are the same, the same cycle of collect 20, collect 10, and boss events.

I mean, come on, at least do something new. The new syndicates seem pretty nice, but what about the general gist of the game? Some of the aspects of the game need some serious revamping in my opinion.

Or, how about something that's tuned to free players? They have a amazingly-large disadvantage to those who donate. Which makes sense, until you see that the amount of people who play for free is far greater than those who donate.

Ericinico
02-24-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm wondering where those turf wars went with bullets and switch notes

Munch on it
02-24-2013, 09:23 PM
They are probably coming back very soon

corbaman
02-24-2013, 09:25 PM
It'd be nice if there was some kind of skill or twitch response involved - not just clicking on stuff.

steamboatwilly
02-25-2013, 05:45 AM
Maybe if they did not have everything related to gold purchases that would be nice.

Amber_
02-25-2013, 06:43 AM
The syndicate thing is definitely a step in the right direction, but otherwise, yes it's too repetitive. Most of the events are mainly for gold spenders (in the meaning it's impossible to win, or even get to the score board without tons of gold). Also they need to make the game longer, if you've been playing for a year you're probably at level 200 (or near), have unlocked every building, weapon and area. Thinking of how much money gree makes (and believe me, it's A LOT!) they can at least increase the level cap to 300, make some more high end buildings and, most importantly, make better weapons available by in game cash. I don't care if they are super expensive, but they should at least be available to buy. Right now there's not really a point in making lots of money, you only do it to be able to upgrade your buildings and, right, make more money.

hoochie77
02-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Also gotta keep in mind, the "free" players don't keep the game afloat, it is the gold spenders. They don't make the game for free if you know what I mean.

This is a silly thing to say. There is a middle ground of people who support the game by paying modest amounts for some gold here and there and even they'll never be able to compete for event leaderboards with people who seemingly are independently wealthy enough to buy thousands and thousands of gold.

If I buy the 79.99 (sale price) bundle of gold, that might get me onto the leaderboards for 2 events, maybe. That's more than the price of a console or PC game right there and all it does is let me compete for 2 events, maybe buy a building with the leftover if I'm lucky?

Having an event here and there that isn't dependent on gold isnt going to kill the game.

Amber_
02-25-2013, 08:27 AM
This is a silly thing to say. There is a middle ground of people who support the game by paying modest amounts for some gold here and there and even they'll never be able to compete for event leaderboards with people who seemingly are independently wealthy enough to buy thousands and thousands of gold.

If I buy the 79.99 (sale price) bundle of gold, that might get me onto the leaderboards for 2 events, maybe. That's more than the price of a console or PC game right there and all it does is let me compete for 2 events, maybe buy a building with the leftover if I'm lucky?

Having an event here and there that isn't dependent on gold isnt going to kill the game.

Word. texttexttext

Zeman
02-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Although the gold spenders are the profit gains for the company, but do NOT forget the power of the free players. Majority are the free players and if they stop, the game is done. Simply the free players gives name to the game. More players bigger name also without us weak free players the gold players wouldnt feel all so mighty. So in a way free players gives Gree indirect profit. Like highest download/ so many players playing the game etc.

MrWiggles
02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Although the gold spenders are the profit gains for the company, but do NOT forget the power of the free players. Majority are the free players and if they stop, the game is done. Simply the free players gives name to the game. More players bigger name also without us weak free players the gold players wouldnt feel all so mighty. So in a way free players gives Gree indirect profit. Like highest download/ so many players playing the game etc.

Agreed. Just like the power of the masses in real life. Sounds like we need a revolution =D