PDA

View Full Version : WARNING to all LLPs... Them pirates are coming!

Dutchie
02-24-2013, 07:25 AM
If you are playing at the lower levels and you thought you were safe from them Pirates... arrrrr.... think again!

They will be coming soon... and they will be after you. Make sure you stash your cash and bury your gold before it is too late!

Also I would recommend that you hide your wives, your bits on the side, your favourite children and your pesky pets because if you don't, you will live to regret it!

You have been warned, .so please take note, but if you don't want to believe me, then you will lose your groats.

Nuff said!

Octavian
02-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Whoa. That's really scary stuff. Thanks so much for the warning.

I really hope I don't lose sleep over this.

johnnybravoo77
02-24-2013, 07:35 AM
No pirates around here, I guess they dont like the snow!

It's all a dream
02-24-2013, 07:41 AM
The Flying Dutchman will protect us :)

NakedCherryPie
02-24-2013, 08:11 AM
The Flying Dutchman ain't got nuthin' on dis.

Dutchie
02-24-2013, 08:18 AM
The Flying Dutchman ain't got nuthin' on dis.

LOL

I certainly ain't flying... I'm just a little Dutch boy who sticks his finger in the dyke ;)

It's all a dream
02-24-2013, 08:28 AM
LOL

I certainly ain't flying... I'm just a little Dutch boy who sticks his finger in the dyke ;)

Too bad the sea is rising. :)

4Nik8R
02-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Good for you!

johnnybravoo77
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
(Reuters) - Vigorous action by navies including pre-emptive strikes helped cut global pirate attacks by almost a third in the first quarter of this year

According to the news, pirates are running scared!

Pakmom1
02-24-2013, 11:07 AM
You pirates just need to stay in your own part of the ocean, let us LLP's duke it out on our own, lol.

Colonel Jessup
02-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Come get some

jay_usher
02-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Starting to realise there is a lot more than they let in.. They work with the greed to capitalise on others spending money and they scam an hack the game! The
Making people believe tey actually spend that much money! How certain pun can attack allies yet you can retaliate fr your loss of funds! It's a joke and they have you hook line and sinker with bringing new accounts through to stir up the game!

Mr Reaper
02-24-2013, 03:18 PM
I,m already here, there and everywhere !!

Poopenshire
02-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Ok is this really news?

Urbz
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Are this pirates midgets ? ...what happened with mighty PUN ? ....going low?

Jahootie
02-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Ok is this really news?
So maybe youl be a el presidente .hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Pirates?

There are no pirates in this game.

I have seen a few tree snipers, but never a pirate.

Wait, they have a pirate skiff, but no pirates.

Is that a new mission or something?

Bart
02-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Pirates will own all the seas and oceans if not already. I want to be a pirate too, but their requirement is too high posted by new_pirate few weeks ago.

PIRATE JUSTICE
02-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Pirates will own all the seas and oceans if not already. I want to be a pirate too, but their requirement is too high posted by new_pirate few weeks ago.

How can this be, posting requirements for a group that doesn't exist?

Why not just start calling yourself a pirate?

If everyone changed their name to "pirate" or "PUN", if there were pirates, they'd be so confused they wouldn't know who to attack.

However, that presumes there are pirates, but I've never seen one in this game.

People say all sorts of odd things like Bigfoot sightings, alien abductions and probings, and Area 51, too.

Bart
02-24-2013, 07:24 PM

If everyone changed their name to "pirate" or "PUN", if there were pirates, they'd be so confused they wouldn't know who to attack.

People say all sorts of odd things like Bigfoot sightings, alien abductions and probings, and Area 51, too.

Okay, maybe he is a pretender, but new pirate did post something like that, search his posts. Something like 10 vaults of gold or $1000 every month, and he mentioned using the ping pong rolling on the tommie scheme to select member and named commander boom boom in charge of the selection process; so it looked legit to me at that point.

Wai
02-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Starting to realise there is a lot more than they let in.. They work with the greed to capitalise on others spending money and they scam an hack the game! The
Making people believe tey actually spend that much money! How certain pun can attack allies yet you can retaliate fr your loss of funds! It's a joke and they have you hook line and sinker with bringing new accounts through to stir up the game!

Don't worry Jay, it was just chest beating. He should be keel hauled because 'loose lips sink ships'.

It's not for the purpose you think, it's born of Faction play. I seriously doubt any are hacking. I'm sure the truth is they are just spending more $ which they are entitled to do. Good luck to them.

On a different topic not related to this:
You mentioned 'hackers'. It's mentioned many times here in the historical negative sense. Not all hackers are illegal or unethical. It really is a slur on the ethical hackers, although nothing to get wildly upset about. I guess very broadly speaking there are three groups. The first are the unethical, made up of standard low level hackers and criminals. The second group is made up of those who practice it as part of their ethical profession. In regard to the second group, they ensure your security in a number of areas. Then there is a third broad category that is just developing.

The ones here are very low level and anyone who can operate a keyboard and mouse, can do it. However they use those tools at extreme risk to themselves. The professionals require a degree and additional study and training. Gree would be doing everything they can to keep the criminals out of critical systems and would be making all reasonable efforts to sweep as many 'low level illegal hackers' as possible, out of here.

So don't concern yourself too much. Some people just like to chest beat.

I hope this helps a little. What would really help would be to take this thread down. It's just an error that may have felt like a good idea at the time, but it's totally unnessesary for current & potential customers.

Q Raider
02-24-2013, 10:42 PM
To be precise the correct term for those that alter the ame mechanics is "crackers".

The term "hackers" was originally given (by those that did it I believe) to those people who took on a programming problem and solved it, with kudos being awarded to those that provided the most "elegant" solutions.

Blame the media for taking the term and sullying it.....

Maybe we should keep it simple.....cheats works for me :-)

Dutchie
02-24-2013, 11:09 PM
What would really help would be to take this thread down. It's just an error that may have felt like a good idea at the time, but it's totally unnessesary for current & potential customers.

Why? In my OP, I never mentioned anything about hackers. Fact is PUN if anything are white hats, not black hats and certainly no script kiddies. I never said anything about hacking nor did I accuse anyone of hacking in my OP.

Many are getting the wrong end of the stick. If you don't understand what the post is about, then don't comment on it!

PJ is just acting dumb again :)

Wai
02-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Why? In my OP, I never mentioned anything about hackers....(edited)... I never said anything about hacking nor did I accuse anyone of hacking....

With respect, I never said you did. I was trying my best to put an end to any allegations like that. This is what I said,

"I'm sure the truth is they are just spending more $ which they are entitled to do. Good luck to them."

Many are getting the wrong end of the stick. If you don't understand what the post is about, then don't comment on it!

What you said was reasonably straight forward and clear and posted on an open discussion forum. Your headline and message was designed to provoke emotion from LLPs; in fact it seemed to be successful. It was the reply to it I was addressing. You may find I commenced the hacking paragraphs with this,

"On a different topic not related to this:" (edited)

Don't worry; getting the wrong end of the stick in this place is common. Most of it has to do with the fact there is no inflection in the written word unlike the voice. Just have another read of it (including the passage quoted) and try not to read anything into what I have said. I am certain you will find that I was not relating you or anybody else at all to unethical hacking or any allegation of such.

If you don't want people to reasonably comment on a post in an open discussion forum then may I recommend not posting it, particularly when it's inflammatory; you will likely receive emotional responses and then as we know, it all gets out of hand.

I purposely made no comment on any of your message. I was, on any reasonable read, trying to calm before LLPs or others did start to make those allegations.

As to true professional hackers playing games unethically here, is just nonsense. They run the risk of their entire career. The only ethical hackers that may be here, would be working under a strict contract, not to play.

I hope this helps to clarify rather than provoke.

Chuck Nuts
02-25-2013, 04:12 AM
If you are playing at the lower levels and you thought you were safe from them Pirates... arrrrr.... think again!

They will be coming soon... and they will be after you. Make sure you stash your cash and bury your gold before it is too late!

Also I would recommend that you hide your wives, your bits on the side, your favourite children and your pesky pets because if you don't, you will live to regret it!

You have been warned, .so please take note, but if you don't want to believe me, then you will lose your groats.

Nuff said!

Hey Dutchie, why don't you explain to everyone how you are accomplishing the onslaught of the lower levels. I doubt that anyone will be happy to hear about this latest pirate technique.

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 04:29 AM
I created the thread with a bit of humour just to let LLPs know that they shouldn't be alarmed at seeing very high stats players at these lower levels. There are some pirates who are LLPs anyway such as Pirate Enforcer. It seems that it is custom to create a ticket for GREE complaining that these people are hackers when they simply are not. With their current one month backlog, I would prefer if people stopped creating these tickets without doing some actual research first but it seems the jerks prefer the knee-jerk reaction.

I was cryptic in my writing for many reasons as I don't see any wrong in what some of the Pirates are doing and I fully understand why they are doing it. Let me be clear on this point, it certainly is not cheating nor hacking.

They play very clever, have access to a lot of information to the actual game mechanics that some of us only dream of and use their groats very wisely unlike some particular players, especially my Dutch friend... I just don't get it! I will have to ask him in private because I am completely baffled.

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Hey Dutchie, why don't you explain to everyone how you are accomplishing the onslaught of the lower levels. I doubt that anyone will be happy to hear about this latest pirate technique.

For exactly that reason, I don't, but it is all above board.

Nuff said.

Drama Llama
02-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Mini pirates for maximum points these vagabonds be thinking tactically methinks!

Drama Llama certainly approves this move as it be sure to result in oodles of drama. Lets just hope for these mini eyepatch wearing parrot befriending souls sake that funzio doesn't change the game mechanics in time for battle for Egypt or their dastardly points maximising plan might not work out so well!

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 05:16 AM
I'm honoured that people think I am a Pirate or part of the PUN faction reading some of these posts again from Wai and Chuck Nuts but with a bit more care. I simply don't have the stats nor the resources and if I did, who knows!

I am a proud officer of the faction Ranger's LLP's where in the B4G we had 38 wins and 0 losses (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46381-Thank-goodness-Thank-Gree!&p=606035&viewfull=1#post606035). We only battled for 3 days :)

Here comes the marketing bit... PM me if you are interested in joining :) - LOL, couldn't resist ;)

Wai
02-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Sounds like you did very well in GL. Congrats

Its all cool.

And a good add to finish LOL.

Ssne
02-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Nothing is more boring than hanging out in LLP-land farming groats. At level 86 there is nothing, I repeat nothing to hit, ever. Overvaulting is extremely rare as no one has any high level buildings. Level 2 Oil Rigs and Level 4 (if you're lucky) Ore Mines. Maybe see an AC or AMR every 200 bases.

If that's the PUN play it must be REALLY boring at the top.

nothing2seehere
02-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Yes, but the difference is that those things are REAL!!!

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Sounds like you did very well in GL. Congrats

Its all cool.

And a good add to finish LOL.

Thanks Wai! Wishing you success in any future events you participate in.

Mini pirates for maximum points these vagabonds be thinking tactically methinks!

Drama Llama certainly approves this move as it be sure to result in oodles of drama. Lets just hope for these mini eyepatch wearing parrot befriending souls sake that funzio doesn't change the game mechanics in time for battle for Egypt or their dastardly points maximising plan might not work out so well!

The WD points system was skewed in favour of LLPs in the B4G, although this might be changed with other issues as posted here -

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46469-World-Domination-Official-Feedback-Thread&p=607163#post607163

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46074-Absolutely-bonkers-WD-point-returns-from-attacks!&p=599969#post599969
(http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46074-Absolutely-bonkers-WD-point-returns-from-attacks!&p=599969#post599969)
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46469-World-Domination-Official-Feedback-Thread&p=610979#post610979

As they say, always expect the unexpected. I am sure that they will tweak the game mechanics again before the Raid on Egypt and I hope CJ keeps to his word and publishes the info before the WD event. :)

procsyzarc
02-25-2013, 12:04 PM
I was cryptic in my writing for many reasons as I don't see any wrong in what some of the Pirates are doing and I fully understand why they are doing it. Let me be clear on this point, it certainly is not cheating nor hacking.

Assuming we are talking about the same thing here, my only issue with it and its with Gree not PUN is they are allowing them to do it at will but telling everyone else no this is not something we can do.

Gree dropped the ball big time on many of the mechanics of the game and should be equal accross all paying customers in allowing a way around it. I certainly do not spend as much as most PUN members but have spent $5000 in the last 4 months which although not their top customer would think would still be a valued customer and get more than piss off as a response.

mxz
02-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Assuming we are talking about the same thing here, my only issue with it and its with Gree not PUN is they are allowing them to do it at will but telling everyone else no this is not something we can do.

Gree dropped the ball big time on many of the mechanics of the game and should be equal accross all paying customers in allowing a way around it. I certainly do not spend as much as most PUN members but have spent $5000 in the last 4 months which although not their top customer would think would still be a valued customer and get more than piss off as a response.I guess this is sort of a frustration I have with their attitude towards customer service...I don't necessarily fault them for their decision - but I fault them for their lack of transparency on it and the downright lies.

They appear to only consider the top x% of spenders (where x may be .01-.5%) their customers. I understand the thinking, since they're probably accounting for 95% of revenue. I just don't understand why they go out of their way to give the impression that they care about anyone else.

I think most support problems would go away if they spelled out how much you need to spend to get your ticket answered in x hours/days and what you're likely to get from the outcome. Instead of pretending we're all equal, give us the hard truth...we're big boys. I had a mentor that had a great phrase for similar situations: "You can report the weather to me, just don't piss on me and tell me its raining."

Chuck Nuts
02-25-2013, 01:00 PM

Yes, my issue is also with Gree. Can't blame the pirates for taking advantage of what Gree is allowing them to do.

Sexc_Jess
02-25-2013, 02:09 PM

Nuff said!

oh noes. dont steal my virtual money and virtual gold (which you have no actual way of taking FYI, no need ot "bury" it).

I'll make sure to change my knickers because u scared me so bad. knob

marko101
02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
What about MLP??

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 02:33 PM
What about MLP??

You're fooked!

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM

Gree dropped the ball big time on many of the mechanics of the game and should be equal accross all paying customers in allowing a way around it. I certainly do not spend as much as most PUN members but have spent $5000 in the last 4 months which although not their top customer would think would still be a valued customer and get more than piss off as a response.

Yes, my issue is also with Gree. Can't blame the pirates for taking advantage of what Gree is allowing them to do.

In any business you are always going to look after your top customers, you'd be daft not to. It is the same for the company I work for who bend over backwards for their top customers that pay over $100m a year and they are actually trying to get rid of the smaller customers because they are "too much hassle for what it's worth".

I don't know the ins and outs, so I cannot really comment on it any further. Unless you know the actual facts, it is best not to speculate on what has actually been done and to leave it as is.

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
oh noes. he called my a noob. you must be better at using your credit card than me lol

Thanks for your trolling comments. Nice way to start life on this forum!

SNAKEEYEZ
02-25-2013, 03:00 PM
azz pirates more like it

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
I guess this is sort of a frustration I have with their attitude towards customer service...I don't necessarily fault them for their decision - but I fault them for their lack of transparency on it and the downright lies.

They appear to only consider the top x% of spenders (where x may be .01-.5%) their customers. I understand the thinking, since they're probably accounting for 95% of revenue. I just don't understand why they go out of their way to give the impression that they care about anyone else.

I think most support problems would go away if they spelled out how much you need to spend to get your ticket answered in x hours/days and what you're likely to get from the outcome. Instead of pretending we're all equal, give us the hard truth...we're big boys. I had a mentor that had a great phrase for similar situations: "You can report the weather to me, just don't piss on me and tell me its raining."

Again, our top paying customers get the top service in support. That's how business work. It is a fact of life. No company spells it out because they want every customer to think they are king but in reality that is not the way it works.

Before anyone gets any ideas, I don't work for GREE but I work for another business software company that provides services to the telecommunications industry.

camper killer
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
I can say for a fact that I deal with the exact same support issues everyone here does. I get no special treatment and in fact have the same problems of tickets never being read, never looked at, and basically ignored.

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I can say for a fact that I deal with the exact same support issues everyone here does. I get no special treatment and in fact have the same problems of tickets never being read, never looked at, and basically ignored.

Thank you for the clarification CK!

As CJ posted - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46961-Frustrated-Support-Wait-Times&p=616607&viewfull=1#post616607

GREE support currently have a serious backlog due to the new faction feature, so response times are painfully slow as they work through this backlog.

Hopefully players will learn not to create multiple tickets for the same issue and for factions only to create one ticket (Leader or an officer) for a faction issue as multiple tickets for the same issue only exacerbates the issue with response times. No doubt this will still fall on deaf ears for some making it worse for all of us.

NWOslave
02-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Again, our top paying customers get the top service in support. That's how business work. It is a fact of life. No company spells it out because they want every customer to think they are king but in reality that is not the way it works.

Before anyone gets any ideas, I don't work for GREE but I work for another business software company that provides services to the telecommunications industry.

so this game is what they call a wallet warrior game. you pay to win it. wow. novel idea. regardless of how much $$$$ money drop on your game you should treat them with more consideration. glad i never
dropped a single penny on you all the game or benifits are not worth it unless someone considers special
treatment as getting a BJ from the devs.

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 03:44 PM
so this game is what they call a wallet warrior game. you pay to win it. wow. novel idea. regardless of how much $$$$ money drop on your game you should treat them with more consideration. glad i never
dropped a single penny on you all the game or benifits are not worth it unless someone considers special
treatment as getting a BJ from the devs.

You obviously never heard of freemium games then. This business model is working really well, so next time you see a decent free gaming app in-store, you can bet your bottom $ that it is based on this model.

mxz
02-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Again, our top paying customers get the top service in support. That's how business work. It is a fact of life. No company spells it out because they want every customer to think they are king but in reality that is not the way it works.Either you're just trying to troll me or you don't even know your own industry. Ever hear of a company called Red Hat? If not, they make "business software" that provides services to many different industries.

Their whole model, or really any GNU model in software, is built around paying for support. Isn't that your supposed specialty? :confused:

And to think, I'm not even an expert in "business software companies" and I can rattle that off the top of my head. :)

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Either you're just trying to troll me or you don't even know your own industry. Ever hear of a company called Red Hat? If not, they make "business software" that provides services to many different industries.

Their whole model, or really any GNU model in software, is built around paying for support. Isn't that your supposed specialty? :confused:

And to think, I'm not even an expert in business software companies. :)

LOL

Support is tiered, certainly is in my company, so the more you pay, the better the service you receive. At the basic level, you get basic support. At the next level you get a dedicated Support Account Manager and it goes all the way to a Managed Services contract where we are permanently based at the customer's site.

Support (or maintenance) is usually based on the number of licenses but this is changing especially with the new model of SAAS (Software as a Service) where you pay a fix amount per person, per month.

There are multiple support models in existance.

One of the platforms that our software runs on is RHL, so I know the platform well. I am sure that they have different levels of support too but I cannot comment on which model they use as I have never raised a ticket with them nor looked at the support packages that they offer :)

mxz
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
So if you were aware of the model (and heck, even using it) - why did you try explaining to me how it didn't exist? I realize I'm not the smartest dude out there...but that was a pretty feeble attempt at sounding like you understand support models.

It's certainly Gree's choice to use whatever model they want, I just don't understand the mindset that there's only one way to make it work.

Captain America
02-25-2013, 04:25 PM
They can'twin based on skill,if they had no gold they would be useless..pathetic attempt at glory..and its only a game..sorry posers..

Poopenshire
02-25-2013, 04:28 PM
They can'twin based on skill,if they had no gold they would be useless..pathetic attempt at glory..and its only a game..sorry posers..

Not every Pirate is an all Gold monster. Some of us have worked long and hard over the last year or more to build a strong army and base. Such generalizations are very demeaning and non-productive. There are many good strong forum members who be offended by such a statement.

procsyzarc
02-25-2013, 04:39 PM
In any business you are always going to look after your top customers, you'd be daft not to. It is the same for the company I work for who bend over backwards for their top customers that pay over $100m a year and they are actually trying to get rid of the smaller customers because they are "too much hassle for what it's worth".

I don't know the ins and outs, so I cannot really comment on it any further. Unless you know the actual facts, it is best not to speculate on what has actually been done and to leave it as is.

Yes of course you are going to look after your top customers and I would not be surprised if they said no to free players but when you start ****ting on those who spend $10-20k per year as well and treating them like their business is irrelevant too and only look after one faction then they will be hurting their profits since if all the people spending 10-20k per year stop spending there is no need for those spending more to keep spending since their completion is disappearing.

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 04:49 PM
So if you were aware of the model (and heck, even using it) - why did you try explaining to me how it didn't exist? I realize I'm not the smartest dude out there...but that was a pretty feeble attempt at sounding like you understand support models.

It's certainly Gree's choice to use whatever model they want, I just don't understand the mindset that there's only one way to make it work.

I apologise for any confusion and I certainly didn't mean to create confusion. I am not being clear but that is because I am also doing a million other things at the same time :)

I come from a B2B IT background and not B2C which is what GREE are. I have been mixing the two which was naughty of me, so let's look at GREE and my initial response to your post which you seem to have taken as an act of trolling, but that was never my intention.

We, the customers don't pay for any support. The purchase of this game, comes with free support, but in this instance the game is free so how can any gaming company sustain this? By using the freemium model as evident with the purchase of gold in this game.

Now in my initial response to you I said -

I made the assumption that gold users got preferential treatement as they actually pay money and in some cases serious money to GREE, but CK says that gold users don't get any preferential treatment, so it could be the case where GREE don't have any tiered levels of support and everyone is treated with the same level of service, although I find that hard to believe.

So I don't understand where you thought I was trying to make out that it didn't exist. You are confusing me now... LOL

EDIT: Reading your initial post again, my response was in actual agreement to your post, but I didn't make that very clear, but now I have come to the conclusion that no preferential treatment is given as several of the top spenders have stated.

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes of course you are going to look after your top customers and I would not be surprised if they said no to free players but when you start ****ting on those who spend $10-20k per year as well and treating them like their business is irrelevant too and only look after one faction then they will be hurting their profits since if all the people spending 10-20k per year stop spending there is no need for those spending more to keep spending since their completion is disappearing.

I think we are all making the assumption that the top spenders get preferential treatment but this might not be the case. CJ has clearly explained that there is a huge backlog of tickets since the introduction of the faction feature and we are all, including the top spenders, in the same boat with long waiting times for our tickets to be answered.

If I cast my mind back now, even Ferr, who is one of the top spenders in this game, stated quite clearly that he did not get any preferential treatment, something which had escaped my mind. Now I have caused a stir... me bad :)

Dutchie
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
On that note, I am going to bed now and this thread can be considered as closed :)

Lawyer
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Pirates and rangers do not exist. Never have. Never will. Case closed.

mxz
02-25-2013, 05:47 PM
I think we are all making the assumption that the top spenders get preferential treatment but this might not be the case. CJ has clearly explained that there is a huge backlog of tickets since the introduction of the faction feature and we are all, including the top spenders, in the same boat with long waiting times for our tickets to be answered.

If I cast my mind back now, even Ferr, who is one of the top spenders in this game, stated quite clearly that he did not get any preferential treatment, something which had escaped my mind. Now I have caused a stir... me bad :)It's been tested...there are tiers. What would be interesting is if we could figure out the cutoffs for each tier.

Another fun fact: there's a column in their database for each player titled "is_goldspender". If you know what you're doing you can even see how much gold a rival or friend has spent, to date.

procsyzarc
02-25-2013, 06:18 PM

If I cast my mind back now, even Ferr, who is one of the top spenders in this game, stated quite clearly that he did not get any preferential treatment, something which had escaped my mind. Now I have caused a stir... me bad :)

They probably aren't going to admit it but there are 100% tiers to surport, not going to go into details but I know myself I am in the 6th tier in MQ and MW and 3rd in CC while in KA where I haven't spent any money I am in the first.

As far as I am aware there are 10 total tiers.

For my tickets i wasn't about them not being anwsered, since they were anwsered they just said no its not something they do

Speed ump
02-25-2013, 09:40 PM
I see a few of the old hate for people who spend gold popping up here and there. Those people want excuses for what they lose, it's not their fault of course. Even if no gold could be bought, you would continue to lose. And by the way, there would be no game for you to play in the first place, since I don't think anyone could do all this for free. Send your money to gree now, do that you may continue to have a game to play. And customer support? Those people work for free too, right? Grow up children. This is the real world. Is our Internet free? How about your cell phone? Tv, right? That's free, or is it. Who uses rabbit ears any more? And tv isn't free, you get to enjoy commercials in order to pay for it. Do you work for free? I don't . My employees don't. You know, the world is so messed up. People expecting me to pay for services or goods. Why should I be required to work, I order to pay for these things. It's not right, and the ones who require payment for something I think should be my birthright are idiots. I'd like to know where you're going to find his fantasy world you live in. We can't have any real competition because some weak minded ones might get their feelings hurt. Lets just play friends. Then no one has to lose. On the other hand, naw, lets not. Lets war. I like that.

mickymacirl
02-26-2013, 01:15 AM
Another fun fact: there's a column in their database for each player titled "is_goldspender". If you know what you're doing you can even see how much gold a rival or friend has spent, to date.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh L:P

mickymacirl
02-26-2013, 01:16 AM
I see a few of the old hate for people who spend gold popping up here and there. Those people want excuses for what they lose, it's not their fault of course. Even if no gold could be bought, you would continue to lose. And by the way, there would be no game for you to play in the first place, since I don't think anyone could do all this for free. Send your money to gree now, do that you may continue to have a game to play. And customer support? Those people work for free too, right? Grow up children. This is the real world. Is our Internet free? How about your cell phone? Tv, right? That's free, or is it. Who uses rabbit ears any more? And tv isn't free, you get to enjoy commercials in order to pay for it. Do you work for free? I don't . My employees don't. You know, the world is so messed up. People expecting me to pay for services or goods. Why should I be required to work, I order to pay for these things. It's not right, and the ones who require payment for something I think should be my birthright are idiots. I'd like to know where you're going to find his fantasy world you live in. We can't have any real competition because some weak minded ones might get their feelings hurt. Lets just play friends. Then no one has to lose. On the other hand, naw, lets not. Lets war. I like that.

As I always say, to surprise of some people, this world doesn't owe you a living.

Alo
02-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Thank you for the clarification CK!

As CJ posted - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46961-Frustrated-Support-Wait-Times&p=616607&viewfull=1#post616607

GREE support currently have a serious backlog due to the new faction feature, so response times are painfully slow as they work through this backlog.

Hopefully players will learn not to create multiple tickets for the same issue and for factions only to create one ticket (Leader or an officer) for a faction issue as multiple tickets for the same issue only exacerbates the issue with response times. No doubt this will still fall on deaf ears for some making it worse for all of us.

and whose fault is that they have so big backlog? Its all their own doing. I know its software, it has bugs, they need to be fixed. But before making ANOTHER big event (greenland) they should have fixed the big problems and bugs that where in the first event (error messages when trying to attack some ppl like U must be in faction, updating event data etc). Cause they didnt fix it (OK, it was much less of it than in first battle but still they where there), then they get 1000-s of tickets about those errors (and those tickets got closed FAST, basically next day while hacker tickets havent got a response for weeks). Fix KNOWN bugs, kick KNOWN hackers, then make another big event. Right now another event is coming, hackers run freely and I dont know, will the U must be in faction, updating event data errors still be there or not. I hope not, otherwise backlog will be too long for gree to handle.

Dutchie
02-26-2013, 02:57 AM

It is a shame that you have to come on here to defend your spending every time a jealous troll flames the people who spend money on this game. If it wasn't for the gold spenders, these trolls wouldn't have a game to play. These trolls clearly do not understand the freemium model and they should be grateful for people like you that allow them to play this game for free.

I blame Google for introducing this notion of having 'free' software but you pay for it via their advertising model. The same could be said for the original Napster, Pirate Bay and many other P2P sites where people expect digital content to be free, especially with the younger generation. They now expect things to be free and anyone who pays for it is a fool. What they don't realise is that someone has to pay for it down the line.

It is a sad state of affairs that gold spenders have to put up with this abuse. Best to ignore these idiots. There are many of them, but there are also people on here who do understand.

Dutchie
02-26-2013, 03:12 AM
It's been tested...there are tiers. What would be interesting is if we could figure out the cutoffs for each tier.

They probably aren't going to admit it but there are 100% tiers to surport, not going to go into details but I know myself I am in the 6th tier in MQ and MW and 3rd in CC while in KA where I haven't spent any money I am in the first.

As far as I am aware there are 10 total tiers.

For my tickets i wasn't about them not being anwsered, since they were anwsered they just said no its not something they do

The penny has finally dropped!

It seems we were comparing apples and pears hence the confusion! I was discussing ticket response times where there doesn't seem to be any tiers whereas you were talking about ticket resolutions and what GREE would/wouldn't do based on the gold spending tiers. Thanks for the clarification.

Speed ump
02-26-2013, 05:18 AM
I'm a big gold spender, but If I'm in some special tier, I am unaware of it. I've had tickets that went unanswered for weeks at a time, and some witching minutes. I have found if you change the subject to more precisely describe what your ticket is about , it helps. Instead a making threats or jumping down their throats, be polite. Simply describe the issue, and what you think you would like to have done to resolve the issue. Compliment them on good things they have accomplished, and yes, there are some. We don't have skill point hackers anymore, that's huge for me. Everyone fires about the hackers, yet when gree resolves that issue, I see nothing more than passing comments. Give credit where it's due. They still have much to work on. There's still energy hackers, some of whom I've pointed out that are still in the game. Why? Don't have that answer. Thes still things they need to change about the wd event, I think we all want the declare button to be in control of just a few, and something to show who hit that button. The way the points are being scored now, by levels is ridiculous, and puts higher lvls at a big disadvantage. Having said that, look at quick and problem free getting the wd prizes was this time. Give credit where it's due, talk about the issues where we find them.

Q Raider
02-26-2013, 05:41 AM
Check the number alongside the word "Status" in the timestamp that is at the bottom of every email you send in.

Pretty sure the higher the number the more "status" the email has.

Giedrybe
02-26-2013, 05:59 AM
Interesting theory, worth to check :)

Dutchie
02-26-2013, 06:17 AM
I'm a big gold spender, but If I'm in some special tier, I am unaware of it. I've had tickets that went unanswered for weeks at a time, and some witching minutes.

We came to the conclusion that all new tickets have the same 'response time' priority regardless as to whether you are a free player or gold spender. I believe tickets are given 'response time' priority based on the actual reported issue rather than on the player who submitted them.

I have found if you change the subject to more precisely describe what your ticket is about , it helps. Instead a making threats or jumping down their throats, be polite. Simply describe the issue, and what you think you would like to have done to resolve the issue. Compliment them on good things they have accomplished, and yes, there are some.

Totally agree on all points and I have created posts and sent PMs to CJ to compliment him and the MW team on their hard work to resolve the issues. Working in support can be a thankless job at the best of times.

We don't have skill point hackers anymore, that's huge for me. Everyone fires about the hackers, yet when gree resolves that issue, I see nothing more than passing comments. Give credit where it's due. They still have much to work on. There's still energy hackers, some of whom I've pointed out that are still in the game. Why? Don't have that answer.

Some hacks are easier to identify and fix than others. Each hack can be unique in its own way, so maybe that could explain why the skill based hack was fixed whereas the energy hack is still outstanding. GREE do realise that hacks destroy the game for the honest paying customers, but fixing them can take up huge resources both in time and money.

Thes still things they need to change about the wd event, I think we all want the declare button to be in control of just a few, and something to show who hit that button. The way the points are being scored now, by levels is ridiculous, and puts higher lvls at a big disadvantage. Having said that, look at quick and problem free getting the wd prizes was this time. Give credit where it's due, talk about the issues where we find them.

Agreed, give credit where credit is due. GREE are fixing the issues that we have raised and they are listening to their customers as evident with the WD Feedback thread (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?46469-World-Domination-Official-Feedback-Thread). Fixing issues at the best of times is not an easy thing to do, especially the tricky ones which on the face of it, look simple, but underneath the hood and with the logic involved, are much harder to fix, especially if they cannot reproduce the issue at will.

There was a marked difference between Brazil and Greenland for the better. I am sure we will see further improvements with Egypt and subsequent WD events. Cannot fault GREE for trying but it is a shame that we, as customers, can be very demanding and impatient. That is just the way it is with some people.

Dutchie
02-26-2013, 06:52 AM
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh L:P

They really need to beef up their security!

mxz
02-26-2013, 11:37 AM
They really need to beef up their security!The newer clients have some more obfuscation, whether by design or accident. So its not as easy as it once was. It certainly became a bigger issue after Android came out because of the OS flexibility. From what I've seen, no one cared/cares enough in MW to really exploit it since there are easier hacks and glitches.

Thump3r
02-28-2013, 08:51 AM
bump ;) just a coincidence... maybe