PDA

View Full Version : Android, loot, and you. We all have questions....

AK-47
02-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Anyone on Android have any new info from support on our looting problem? Maybe there is a random success story out there? My pleas go unanswered.....

4Nik8R
02-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Define your looting problem...

TriBeCa99
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Is this about jobs that used to drop loot 100% of the time on completion now seem to never drop? I actually stopped farming at some point and when I went back to it it didn't work and I just haven't paid it any mind. But as I was leveling up I framed 100 fire trucks and 75 devilish taxis, but I can't farm anymore....

kenneth2001
02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Dude, I've had the same problem now for about 2 months. I forget which event it was ... want to say it was when the exploding turkeys came out ... I couldn't farm anymore.

For us Android users, we are just hosed. I also submitted a support ticket to which Gree said "We are aware of the problem, and are working towards a resolution" ... blah blah ... whatever.

Don't waste your energy on things that should give you some sort of loot item, especially multi-click jobs ... just doesn' work at all anymore.

Kind of frustrating as IOS users don't have the same problem. I pointed out to an IOS user where to get the Last Call in cartel compound while I couldn't, he messaged me back and confirmed that he was still getting them to drop about 40% of the time he completed the limo job.

I have no idea if they are ever going to fix it.

AK-47
02-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Define your looting problem...
The complete lack of loot is the problem. We Android users have no multi-click loot available at the moment. Been like that for months...

Dude, I've had the same problem now for about 2 months. I forget which event it was ... want to say it was when the exploding turkeys came out ... I couldn't farm anymore. For us Android users, we are just hosed. I also submitted a support ticket to which Gree said "We are aware of the problem, and are working towards a resolution" ... blah blah ... whatever. Don't waste your energy on things that should give you some sort of loot item, especially multi-click jobs ... just doesn' work at all anymore. Kind of frustrating as IOS users don't have the same problem. I pointed out to an IOS user where to get the Last Call in cartel compound while I couldn't, he messaged me back and confirmed that he was still getting them to drop about 40% of the time he completed the limo job. I have no idea if they are ever going to fix it.
I got the same generic response just this morning actually. At least they are "aware of the issue" now. Before our brief 100% drop rate couple weeks there, it was more of a "the loot system is working as intended, you must have bad luck" response. Complete garbage answer when we ALL knew better. Oh well... That's the life of an Android player.

And I must say, no "get an iPhone" responses yet. Thanks I guess... That's almost as played out as the no loot Haha.

Jekevoy
02-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Android user here. The writing is on the wall. PVE loot is almost obsolete, look at the stats from recent event items. I got my 150 DD buses when the drop rate was 100% and I no longer care. Waste of XP IMO, and if you're at level 200 trying to get meaningful stats from PVE loot, you might as well quit.

Hutch
02-24-2013, 03:31 PM
I submitted a ticket regarding the job loot problem yesterday (for Android). Only the "boss" of each map drops an item for me. The response I received today is that they are aware of this specific issue and currently in the process of fixing.

the problem is that they've been aware of this issue since the Thanksgiving PVP event. Many threads have been posted on this forum disclosing this issue and nothing has been done. I even saw a posts from a developer (or employee) that there have been discussions at meeting about this, but still nothing done.

It is a slap in the face to the Android users and a bold statement that they don't care about supporting the Android players.

AK-47
02-24-2013, 05:43 PM
I submitted a ticket regarding the job loot problem yesterday (for Android). Only the "boss" of each map drops an item for me. The response I received today is that they are aware of this specific issue and currently in the process of fixing. the problem is that they've been aware of this issue since the Thanksgiving PVP event. Many threads have been posted on this forum disclosing this issue and nothing has been done. I even saw a posts from a developer (or employee) that there have been discussions at meeting about this, but still nothing done. It is a slap in the face to the Android users and a bold statement that they don't care about supporting the Android players.
Agreed. We are 2nd class for sure. Its not like we want special treatment or anything just a level playing field. Although when the gettin' WAS good I went and got for sure, so no complaints on that end. Its just frustrating is all to see a bunch of TLC's or whatever else in an iOS user that I attack... I do love this game, and would be willing to spend some money on it now(Tapjoy player to date), but not when this HUGE issue remains.

rezzen
02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
And I must say, no "get an iPhone" responses yet. Thanks I guess... That's almost as played out as the no loot Haha.

Oh yea? Get an iPhone.

PawnXIIX
02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Maybe there is a legitamite logic error somewhere that they cannot find. I'm not trying to defend anybody here, but personally there's times where you have a program work perfectly fine but just because one statement of the 50,000 that are there says "x + y" instead of "x - y" it doesn't work the way it was intended. It may compile correctly, but there could be that statement that throws it off and nobody would be any of the wiser unless somebody came back with poor results.

On the other side, come on it's been almost a year now. We've known this error for a while now, so either pay your staff more or clean house and fire the devs because they couldn't debug a clean room.

I'm not saying don't be angry, but there could actually be a legitimate problem as opposed to some developer dragging their feet.

robertsuk
02-25-2013, 05:36 AM
If there is a problem with loot drops Gree should have the commom courtesey to make an announcement.

Better still, if we got 100% loot drops one week a month I am sure Android users would not complain, but why should we be spending money when no one at Gree even considers it a problem.

I Have had no loot drops since November.

Gree you are rubbish at customer support on Android.

gambet1234
02-25-2013, 10:58 PM
I just now, reading this, realized how few items I've been seeing dropped while I finish Little San Juan to lvl 5. Now I'm pissed that I have 4020 energy and 80 stamina. I thought I had a nice balance where I could get a massive amount of indestructible explosives someday and still do plenty of PvP. I've been #$%^&* out of hundreds of points of weapons over the past months at the cost of a @#$%ton of experience for nothing! I couldn't figure out why my atk was lagging so far behind my level.

I want to reparations! TAKE ME BACK TO LEVEL 175!

bimmer kid
02-26-2013, 06:35 AM
dont some jobs work tho? i defeat the boss in the project site after 20 hits and always get a drop.
but no luck with the TLC in cartel compound, or anything else in that matter.

does anybody have luck farming TLC's or ANYTHING? this is pretty rediculous. i wanna get TLC's!!!

i really hope CJ chimes in:confused:

Dipstik
02-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Android user here... I got my 150 DD buses when the drop rate was 100% and I no longer care.

eyeroll.jpg

Lonestoner
02-26-2013, 11:14 AM
dont some jobs work tho? i defeat the boss in the project site after 20 hits and always get a drop.
but no luck with the TLC in cartel compound, or anything else in that matter.

does anybody have luck farming TLC's or ANYTHING? this is pretty rediculous. i wanna get TLC's!!!

i really hope CJ chimes in:confused:

All the bosses work, just none of the other multi-click jobs... I know, it makes no sense to me either.

daystardawg
02-26-2013, 03:55 PM
All the bosses work, just none of the other multi-click jobs... I know, it makes no sense to me either.

the bosses (most of them) are a 100% drop job, the only variable is which item drops.

since november i've only been doing bosses (japan town, 5th ave) but it takes me about 3 days to finish those bosses. i would much rather farm the explosives and some mid 20s melee & armor for 500 pts per job.