PDA

View Full Version : Thread supporting dudeman

Holicaholic
02-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Dudeman, just wanted to show my support for you in this (former) time. Funzio taking away your mossbergs was just wrong. People accusing you of photoshopping screenshots saying you didn't know how you got them was just absurd. If there's anything I can do to help ease the lingering pain please let me know. If you just want to talk, well, you know how to get in touch with me. Love ya, brudda.

/makes more popcorn
/watches flood begin

Dudebot121256
02-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Dudeman, just wanted to show my support for you in this (former) time. Funzio taking away your mossbergs was just wrong. People accusing you of photoshopping screenshots saying you didn't know how you got them was just absurd. If there's anything I can do to help ease the lingering pain please let me know. If you just want to talk, well, you know how to get in touch with me. Love ya, brudda.

/makes more popcorn
/watches flood beginIt seems the table have turned. Now I'm asking you what's the story? ^_^

Holicaholic
02-23-2013, 12:03 PM
It seems the table have turned. Now I'm asking you what's the story? ^_^

Back in the yesteryear of CC, before events and syndicates and decent loot items there was an item; the M4A1. It could be looted from a few places and had/has stats of 20/22. Back then that was top of the line aside from RP and gold items. I don't remember when, but a few months after the game came out a new item was found; the mossberg. It had stats of 50/50 if I remember right. The only problem was that no one knew where to get it. Except dudeman. Though he claimed otherwise at first. It took a few hours for some forums members to notice that he had them in his inventory in growing numbers and then everyone was asking him where to get them. He photoshopped some pics when people asked and tried to lure them off the trail but eventually he was outed. The sadness really came when he (I think it was him) started a thread with a picture of the item with modified stats by Funzio, something to the effect of 15/15. A breath of relief and sadness swept across the forum when everyone realized this game-changer could no longer be gotten. I think it made someone sell all their buildings and quit actually. Anyway, that's the story.

Holicaholic
02-23-2013, 07:39 PM
I definitely expected more copycat threads to appear. Hmmm......

Well, at least now some people have a CC history snippet.

dudeman
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Lol... The timing of this thread could not be more perfect. I'm currently working on mastering Pier 13, the map where Sal what's-his-name still drops those M590s.

The story isn't entirely accurate though, however, I don"t really want to go into it. Short version of my version, the Mossies started dropping before I finished the job, which was the discovery of multi click loot. I neither denied nor confirmed which job was dropping the loot, but there was a list posted of different possibilities and no two jobs were from the same map. They did all drop the Mossbergs though, so people were free to experiment using their own energy the same as I did.

The only photo shopping I did was to write my name above my toon (in very crudely drawn letters). I did that thinking it would be a clear give away. I was clearly at Pier 13, with Sal standing next to me and a Mossberg laying on the ground. Still, nobody figured it out.

Then CCM PMed me saying I was a liar or something to that effect, and the stats were nerfed. They pulled the exact same stunt with several loot items both then and since, and I won't be surprised when it happens again.

That's all I have to say re: THAT. :o

PawnXIIX
02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
How did you get CCM to PM you? The planets aligned and I saw him face to face and that still didn't get him to PM me later that day.

Update - CJ has the gears working and I'm finally getting that exclusive item supposedly :)

dudeman
02-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Things were different "back then"... I can't really explain it any better than that. Some things different for the better, others for the worse. So, just different.

Ram
02-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Holy $hit! I remember this story. so much drama on the forums!

PawnXIIX
02-23-2013, 09:55 PM
I remember hearing stories about the mossberg. For those of you guys out there now, you need to hope that the people who can read the scriptures of GREE (the data) aren't keeping anything secret ;)

Vince the Fist
02-24-2013, 05:19 AM
You have my commiserations Dudeman, and for sharing FC with so many looney tunes. I also remember how Xclusiv had amazing stats because of the Mossberg, and then didnt when it got nerfed. That was one of the many times he quit, until he finally did quit only a few weeks ago.

Holicaholic
02-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Yeah, this whole scenario had you on tramp's crap list for like a week didn't it? I think that's when he changed his sig and everything :P

Good times though, back when CCM was more forthcoming. I think this instance was the point in time when us forum members realized that Funzio didn't care about much other than money. Shortly after that is when the M4s got nerfed :(

dudeman
02-24-2013, 09:06 AM
You have my commiserations Dudeman, and for sharing FC with so many looney tunes. I also remember how Xclusiv had amazing stats because of the Mossberg, and then didnt when it got nerfed. That was one of the many times he quit, until he finally did quit only a few weeks ago.

Didn't X rage-quit after spending gold on energy trills to farm some SA-80 from the graveyard? I remember that only because of his thread asking people to help him remember where his decorations were because Conzio could only restore his buildings.

@Holic, I agree that this incident was roughly the point when we (mostly) realized that "the company" cares mostly about the money... And also that some things should not be discussed on this forum.

Holicaholic
02-24-2013, 10:51 AM
This thread was mostly meant to be a joke, playing off of the bea thread. You were the member I could think of that got screwed over the most by Funzio. That seemed the best fit for a copycat topic. Anyway....