PDA

View Full Version : Swapping accounts between 2 devices

Oceanz
02-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Not a huge deal, but I figured I'd ask

My main account is on my phone, but I started another account on my tablet just to enjoy this app on a much larger screen. The issue is, my phone is kind of old and for whatever reason (maybe the version of Android OS) I get a lot of force close errors for seemingly no reason, whereas the tablet has Jellybean and is a lot more reliable.

Is there a SAFE way to login to 2 different funzio accounts, 1 on each device, and transfer the phone account to the tablet, and the tablet account to the phone? I wouldn't care about losing the tablet account, but I definitely don't want to lose my phone account.

Has anyone done anything similar to his? Again its not a huge deal, but I am skeptical about the possibility that using the Funzio transfer feature might mess up both accounts since I'm not transferring either to a "new" device.

Thanks!

Dudebot121256
02-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Not a huge deal, but I figured I'd ask

My main account is on my phone, but I started another account on my tablet just to enjoy this app on a much larger screen. The issue is, my phone is kind of old and for whatever reason (maybe the version of Android OS) I get a lot of force close errors for seemingly no reason, whereas the tablet has Jellybean and is a lot more reliable.

Is there a SAFE way to login to 2 different funzio accounts, 1 on each device, and transfer the phone account to the tablet, and the tablet account to the phone? I wouldn't care about losing the tablet account, but I definitely don't want to lose my phone account.

Has anyone done anything similar to his? Again its not a huge deal, but I am skeptical about the possibility that using the Funzio transfer feature might mess up both accounts since I'm not transferring either to a "new" device.

Thanks!As far as I know, you can't swap 2 accounts onto each other's device. If you wan to transfer your phone account to the tablet, log on your phone and label that as old device. Then log in on the tablet and click new device. Let the transfer complete and keep playing. You can keep moving one account between the phone and tablet but you can't do 2. If you need help, I have a tutorial link in my signature. Remember to write down your invite code and name for both accounts incase.

Alternately, if you use BlueStacks (http://www.bluestacks.com/), you can use your PC for a 3rd device which could allow you to keep both your tablet and phone account. My PC is so much better at running Crime City opposed to my android and I highly recommend using BlueStacks.

Oceanz
02-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll check out your tutorial. And BlueStacks? Sounds interesting. Thanks again.

Dudebot121256
02-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll check out your tutorial. And BlueStacks? Sounds interesting. Thanks again.Yep, credit goes to SillyBeans. He introduced me to BlueStacks. Download it and if you get stuck, feel free to shoot me a pm or reply to this thread.

Oceanz
02-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Ha, I got an error while installing BlueStacks saying my graphics card (on my laptop) wasn't up to par. Yet another piece of hardware of mine with subpar specs! I might try on my desktop tomorrow.

But again, thanks for your input and willingness to assist.

Oceanz
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Have you had any experience with WindowsAndroid? Supposedly its less hardware intensive, but kind of spotty itself.

Dudebot121256
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Ha, I got an error while installing BlueStacks saying my graphics card (on my laptop) wasn't up to par. Yet another piece of hardware of mine with subpar specs! I might try on my desktop tomorrow.

But again, thanks for your input and willingness to assist.Darn graphics cards always gotta be the problem. I'm thankful that it could run on my laptop. Try the desktop and let me know if it works please :)

CobraStrike
05-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Just stumbled across this thread. I have tried WindowsAndroid and as far as being a simulator for android it is great, BUT you can't install any apps you want (Such as MW and CC, etc). You can only install the apps that it has in its built in custom "app store", and there aren't many choices AT ALL.

Oceanz
05-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Cobra, try BlueStacks. If your video card will allow it, you can pretty much install any app in the Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, etc

I was able to use BlueStacks for what I needed.

stuartb
05-12-2013, 05:21 AM
Cobra, try BlueStacks. If your video card will allow it, you can pretty much install any app in the Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, etc

I was able to use BlueStacks for what I needed.

I concur with Oceanz. BlueStacks isn't perfect, but it gets the job done, assuming your video card is up to the task.

CobraStrike
07-29-2013, 08:15 PM
What a strange turn of events!

I did end up using Bluestacks, and it works great. Very fast compared to a phone and its a free account so what the heck! Eventually though, My bluestacks account became my main account as I put more work into it, and I found myself wanting to swap accounts with my phone, Bringing my phone account to bluestacks, and my bluestacks to my phone (Galaxy s3). I stumbled accross this thread while searching for a way to swap and saw my old reply before I had gotten bluestacks, HA.

Anyone now I am wondering if its possible? Im almost 100% sure it is, because Ive recovered an account out of the blue onto a new phone after the old one was deactivated. So it should essentially just be 2 game transfers on supports end..Right