PDA

View Full Version : Guild Bonuses and Walls

The Big Weezy
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I know everybody's having a great time getting stones and increasing bonus and upgrades for their guilds, but I want to start a thread about what exactly the guild upgrade/increase/decrease/regeneration hierarchy looks like.

We're all pumping untold (told) tens of millions of gold into these upgrades with the good faith that they're doing the things that need doing, but maybe - for the benefit of the guild members who can't see the map to greatness - people in the forum here can give a fair explanation of how things work!

Not to mention walls...

doomnosee
02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Would also be helpful if someone could post costs of locked bonuses :-)

VileDoom
02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Walls will be used during the crusade events to protect your members. Once a wall is destroyed by your attacker each successful attack thereafter against a member of your guild will result in double points.

Edit: as a guild member you can view the bonus tier tree. Click on the donate tab in your guild window then click the bonuses tab.

Ratma2001
02-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Walls will be used during the crusade events to protect your members. Once a wall is destroyed by your attacker each successful attack thereafter against a member of your guild will result in double points.

Edit: as a guild member you can view the bonus tier tree. Click on the donate tab in your guild window then click the bonuses tab.

Very valid response Vile, appreciate your insight and openess to other members on what to achieve.

VileDoom
02-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Saturday I'm going to make a post describing how the World Domination (WD) events function in Modern War. I'm guessing the format will be similar in Kingdom Age. I think this will help everyone's learning curve prior to participating in the first crusade.

Battle Mage
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
That would be very much appreciated VileDoom.

Can I put a special request in too, for a bit of info regarding whether 'camper/crawler guilds' have to participate in the wars, how they can protect themselves, stay out of it completely, etc?
Thanks in advance.

The Big Weezy
02-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Saturday I'm going to make a post describing how the World Domination (WD) events function in Modern War...

That would be awesome. Thank you Vile!

kruppe
02-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Saturday I'm going to make a post describing how the World Domination (WD) events function in Modern War. I'm guessing the format will be similar in Kingdom Age. I think this will help everyone's learning curve prior to participating in the first crusade.

Good stuff viledoom it will be most appreciated by those of us who have not played the other games

VileDoom
02-21-2013, 08:43 PM
That would be very much appreciated VileDoom.

Can I put a special request in too, for a bit of info regarding whether 'camper/crawler guilds' have to participate in the wars, how they can protect themselves, stay out of it completely, etc?
Thanks in advance.

Your guild will not be forced to participate in the events. You will be given the option to declare war followed by a confirmation that you did intend to declare war. The only fear you have of being pulled into a battle would be from a member of your guild following through on the declaration of war.

There are camper factions in modern war, much like kingdom age, that simply take advantage of the guild/faction bonuses.

Proprioc3ption
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure too since the battle for Greenland, that only the leaders/commanders can now declare war.

Battle Mage
02-21-2013, 08:59 PM
You're guild will not be forced to participate in the events.

Excellent! Cheers Vile

VileDoom
02-21-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty sure too since the battle for Greenland, that only the leaders/commanders can now declare war.

That feature makes me very happy. :)

echus14
02-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Amazing that GREE has not posted educational info on the KA app itself. I mean, even with the great help that will be coming form VileDoom and others on the forum, there must be lots of players outside the forum who do not play CC/MW and are going to be lost. I can already see some messages on Walls about "Guild? What Guild?"

VileDoom
02-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Amazing that GREE has not posted educational info on the KA app itself. I mean, even with the great help that will be coming form VileDoom and others on the forum, there must be lots of players outside the forum who do not play CC/MW and are going to be lost. I can already see some messages on Walls about "Guild? What Guild?"

The post I have planned to make will be very detailed including screen shots. I know going into my first WD event in MW I was very frustrated learning on the fly. Hopefully I can help everyone enjoy their first event with a little less stress and uncertainty.

The Big Weezy
02-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Vile, based on your MW experience, what's going to be at stake in the Guild Crusades?

What kinds of prizes and benefits can guilds and their members look forward to for attaining a decent overall rank?

Thanks in advance.

VileDoom
02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Vile, based on your MW experience, what's going to be at stake in the Guild Crusades?

What kinds of prizes and benefits can guilds and their members look forward to for attaining a decent overall rank?

Thanks in advance.

The post I'll be making will have screen shots of the prizes in the current MW event to give everyone an idea of what they might be here.

Rastlin
02-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Thank you! That will be very helpful to us that have ONLY played KA.

Proprioc3ption
02-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Here is an example of what the in-battles look like in Modern War: World Domination (I'll leave the rest up to Vile).

*Notice the oppositions wall defenses have been destroyed. You get roughly double points when the defense wall is destroyed.
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2528/worlddominationbattle.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/worlddominationbattle.jpg/)

Mulder79
02-22-2013, 02:17 AM
When you attack another guild, do you use stamina or how does it work?

Proprioc3ption
02-22-2013, 02:49 AM
When you attack another guild, do you use stamina or how does it work?

Yes, but its separate to normal or even boss stamina. you need to click on the Battle List (see above pic), select your target and you only get 4 shots with full stamina. You can't get more than 6 shots without gemsKA/goldMW.

rsd007
02-22-2013, 03:05 AM
So the only use of stones is for building walls? or it will be useful during wars?

Proprioc3ption
02-22-2013, 03:11 AM
So the only use of stones is for building walls? or it will be useful during wars?

Just to build wall defenses, nothing more.

EiZ
02-22-2013, 03:19 AM

If you run out of gems you should be able to thow them at the enemies!

Proprioc3ption
02-22-2013, 03:31 AM

lol! Then our enemies would look like this...
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4629/gemface.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/gemface.jpg/)

...my wife spends enough on make-up let alone gem someone gems to assist with the job.

rsd007
02-22-2013, 03:33 AM
This will be a useful feature :p

Angry dad
02-22-2013, 04:42 AM
I can see where to join a guild or make a new one, but have no idea what to do next. How do i know if i am in a guild, how do i donate to it, do i join more than one, and what is the little thing in the top right hand corner that looks like a small dark pastry? It says i have one of them. Thanks in advance.

Proprioc3ption
02-22-2013, 04:52 AM
I can see where to join a guild or make a new one, but have no idea what to do next. How do i know if i am in a guild, how do i donate to it, do i join more than one, and what is the little thing in the top right hand corner that looks like a small dark pastry? It says i have one of them. Thanks in advance.

:rolleyes:lol! Sorry to giggle but don't get angry dad! Go to recruitment threads and throw your stats out there for someone to pick you up. Simply add there code

The Big Weezy
02-22-2013, 05:06 AM
Here is an example of what the in-battles look like in Modern War: World Domination (I'll leave the rest up to Vile).

*Notice the oppositions wall defenses have been destroyed. You get roughly double points when the defense wall is destroyed.
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2528/worlddominationbattle.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/worlddominationbattle.jpg/)

Wow, your Hammer account on MW destroys, huh? :D

Proprioc3ption
02-22-2013, 05:17 AM
@The Big Weezy lol, we're not bad for a camping faction. We never participated in the battle for Brazil but we decided to give this one a go. Fortunately I'm in the top 1% of players around my level so it helps. ;)

Angry dad
02-22-2013, 07:02 AM
:rolleyes:lol! Sorry to giggle but don't get angry dad! Go to recruitment threads and throw your stats out there for someone to pick you up. Simply add there code

Someone let me in. I can donate now. The pastries are the stones. Thanks. Im not really that angry...only at bed time when i am trying to get kids in bed ;)

doomnosee
02-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Can someone confirm cost of guild increase II level 1 please? Would be hugely helpful :-)

VVolf
02-22-2013, 09:03 AM
@The Big Weezy lol, we're not bad for a camping faction. We never participated in the battle for Brazil but we decided to give this one a go. Fortunately I'm in the top 1% of players around my level so it helps. ;)

So really, its not about absolute strength, its about relative strength? If so, that would even the playing field for lower level players, as long as you are strong compared to people around your level...

VileDoom
02-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Ive got another 12 hour work day today, I promise a detailed post for tomorrow that hopefully will answer most questions.

In Modern War there are a serious of themed events prior to each WD event, box, boss, shorter pvp etc. We quite possibly wont have our first scheduled crusade event for another month as GREE allows guilds to establish themselves and we participate in the pre-events.

The Big Weezy
02-22-2013, 10:01 AM
We quite possibly wont have our first scheduled crusade event for another month as GREE allows guilds to establish themselves and we participate in the pre-events.

That'd be pretty amazing if they let guilds prepare for so long. I was thinking they gave everybody ten days at the end of this month in anticipation of a 1st week in March Crusades start...

And again, Vile, you are a gentleman (I presume) and a scholar for doing this.

Niv
02-22-2013, 10:14 AM
What do the column headings mean in the Wallls screen?

Level #owned Health Gold Stones

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
02-22-2013, 10:30 AM
I have a camper account that currently has bonuses building. However, the numbers don't actually add up. While it was explained in theory that seems to match the numbers and how they are added, I just want to see if anyone has data from Gree them self about the following:

Each boost is 5% cost reduction, upgrade time reduction, etc.

But by the 3rd upgrade, the total is 14%. This leads me to believe the 4th will be 18%, and the 5th will be closer to 21% than hitting 22%.

So the question is, how does Gree figure that out?

Oso bear
02-22-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm guessing they are stacking (multiplying) the bonus, not adding them.

Example - three 5 % bonuses added would be 15% less.
Taking .95 * .95 * .95 would equal 85.7375% or a 14% reduction (they may round it off to whole numbers as well).

Iron Oregon
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Any thoughts on the merits of simply building many lower level walls versus a few higher level walls? I only play KA so don't have the experience with guilds that others might have.

Fukter: 921-667-897

level = 116
a/d = 83/84
iph = 9300
allies = 268

The Big Weezy
02-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Any thoughts on the merits of simply building many lower level walls versus a few higher level walls?

I'm wondering about this too.

Really looking forward to VileDoom's thread tomorrow covering all of this!

Metsrock9931
02-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Join my guild 933454091

My profile
Attack 84478
Def 85473
Lvl 94

Dorjee
02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Hello started a Guild Upgrade spreadsheet in google docs.

The Owner of the Collection is Michael Jakobsen to give credit.
I just created this one spreadsheet, in the collection.
Lots of other good spreadsheets on there for Kingdom Age.

I have started filling in the spreadsheet I ask that you folks help contribute to completing it.
Of course feel free to browse through it for information as well.
It is set for share and is for the community to use.

Here is the link -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE#gid=120

Thank You and enjoy :)

The Big Weezy
02-26-2013, 10:49 PM
That's great, Dorjee! Thanks for sharing that. And thanks Michael Jakobsen for putting it together!

Battle Mage
02-27-2013, 06:31 AM
That's an updated copy of Itzkekarot's old sheet yeah?

Nice update with the guild bonus details though! :-)

Shinazueli
02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Any thoughts on the merits of simply building many lower level walls versus a few higher level walls? I only play KA so don't have the experience with guilds that others might have.

Fukter: 921-667-897

level = 116
a/d = 83/84
iph = 9300
allies = 268

You only get to use one wall per "war" which lasts like 2 hours. It will automatically select the highest level wall you possess. Therefore, the only point of building multiple walls is to engage in multiple "wars" over the 2 day or so "Crusade". I dont think that they were required in order to declare war. They do not give your guild any more points, only reduce the available points another guild could obtain when battling with your guild. (Remember, the only thing they do is halve the points an attacking guild receives while they are up.) This increases your "relative" strength at the end of the event by helping you to rank higher. By the time Gree got "most" of the bugs sorted out, it became clear (shocker) that in order to place in the top 50 you needed to have a guild full of moderate to heavy gem spenders, for purchasing stamina refills.

Also, it was said before but worth repeating: the Wars do not use normal stamina or boss health, but War Stamina, of which the most you could obtain for free in a two hour period was six.

Walls: do not last more than 5 or 10 minutes into a war. If you do not intend on seriously competing for rank, they are a HUGE sink of resources that could have been spent on bonuses.

Also worth noting is that all of this info was from MW, so YMMV in KA.

Sgt Maj
02-27-2013, 12:32 PM
It has guild increase lvl 2 starting at 1.5million, mine is 2million... are we getting different numbers here?

The Big Weezy
02-27-2013, 01:06 PM
It has guild increase lvl 2 starting at 1.5million, mine is 2million... are we getting different numbers here?

Good question Sgt. I assume the bonuses are the same for all guilds. Has anyone else run into any inconcruencies with Bonus Purchase amounts?

GreenGuru
02-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Good question Sgt. I assume the bonuses are the same for all guilds. Has anyone else run into any inconcruencies with Bonus Purchase amounts?

Could the upgrade cost reduction affect guild bonus prices as well? Technically they are upgrades and 1.5mil is missing 25% of 2mil. Just a thought, I haven't payed attention to it

Shinazueli
02-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Could the upgrade cost reduction affect guild bonus prices as well? Technically they are upgrades and 1.5mil is missing 25% of 2mil. Just a thought, I haven't payed attention to it

Almost correct. It's not -25% off. It's (-5%) ^ 5. = .95^5 =~ .77378 => ~-22%.

It's multiplicative, not additive. Otherwise with the amount of reductions one player (with enough money) could have, you'd end up with near zero upgrade cost/times.

GreenGuru
02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Almost correct. It's not -25% off. It's (-5%) ^ 5. = .95^5 =~ .77378 => ~-22%.

It's multiplicative, not additive. Otherwise with the amount of reductions one player (with enough money) could have, you'd end up with near zero upgrade cost/times.

It's capped at 5 times for each so if it were additive that would only be a possible total reduction cost of 37% and a time reduction of 25%. That's no where near zero

Shinazueli
02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
It's capped at 5 times for each so if it were additive that would only be a possible total reduction cost of 37% and a time reduction of 25%. That's no where near zero

For just the guild bonuses only, yes. However, there have been multiple top 50 and boss event prizes that also affect upgrade timers/costs. Also, those aren't the only boni that will ever exist for guilds.

Eliysiam
02-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Hello,

I had a question regarding whether it is possible to view what donations are made by which members in the guild.
I am a guild founder and I know some people contribute well but for the others I don't know if they contribute.
I don't think it is fair to other contributing members to have people who just enjoy the benefits of the bonuses without earning it.

Thanks in advance :D.

lilhilke
02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Hello,

I had a question regarding whether it is possible to view what donations are made by which members in the guild.
I am a guild founder and I know some people contribute well but for the others I don't know if they contribute.
I don't think it is fair to other contributing members to have people who just enjoy the benefits of the bonuses without earning it.

Thanks in advance :D.

There is no way to tell unless you require members to post on the chat what their donations are. Even then you have to "balance the books" and make sure the numbers add up. If your members are honest the numbers should add up but if they aren't then you won't be able to tell who is being honest and who isn't.

Dorjee
02-28-2013, 03:26 AM

I have started filling in the spreadsheet I ask that you folks help contribute to completing it.

Here is the link -> Spreadsheet for Guild Upgrades and Walls (http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s599/Warner_Savage/Wall_zps2fd6e37e.jpg)

Here are some photos of what we have so far please help fill out the rest.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s599/Warner_Savage/BonusUpgrades_zps730d1adc.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s599/Warner_Savage/Wall_zps2fd6e37e.jpg

Please help finish it :)

Here is the link: ---> Spreadsheet for Guild Upgrades and Walls
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE#gid=120)
Contributors: rsd007, dbailey30

Thank You
Tempus

rsd007
02-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Anyone got guild increase II for 1.5Mil ? for me it was 2.0Mil

Shinazueli
02-28-2013, 03:32 PM
There is no way to tell unless you require members to post on the chat what their donations are. Even then you have to "balance the books" and make sure the numbers add up. If your members are honest the numbers should add up but if they aren't then you won't be able to tell who is being honest and who isn't.

In MW we set up a faction forum subpage here. We then required members to post before and after screenshots of their Donate page. This prevents freeloaders. I know you are thinking "but what if I donate and someone else happens to SS my donation?". Well, Timmy, then on the forum page, you'd see two people uploading the exact same screenshots of before and after, and you now only have to figure out which one of them is the one with pants on fire.

After that, one of the officers would keep a (locked) google doc of everyone's donations up to date, and the founder would boot anyone who refused to participate. They'd get one warning. And his saying was my favorite : " screen shot or it didn't happen."

Finally, you may be thinking "but that sounds like work! I didn't sign up for that!" Yes, you did. When you Founded your Guild, or accepted your appointment to Officership. Leading humans sucks. Anyone that's done it knows it. Either suck it up or step off. Or have a poorly run, disorganized group of people that hate each other but especially you.

arober11
02-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Anyone got guild increase II for 1.5Mil ? for me it was 2.0Mil

Same here, have Guild II increase costs of: 2M, 4M

FisK
03-01-2013, 01:00 AM

Here is the link -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE#gid=120

Nice to see that the KA comunity have been keeping the KA spreadsheet alive that I started back when KA was released.
Even when I havn't looked at it since Monster Quest was released :)
Guilds has gotten me back to actively playing KA again.
I have been zombie (just collecting monay and start upgrades) playing KA since was MQ release.

Guilds will make it a whole new game - like Faction did for MW

TempusDA
03-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Looks like we are almost there on the Guild Upgrades just 8 more spots to fill.

Walls are done up to 8.

Cleaned up the look a little.

As soon as I get 10 posts I will throw together my whole collection of spread sheets. :)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y530/TempusDA/GuildUpgrade_zpsf75c7a7c.png

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y530/TempusDA/GuildWalls_zps04562667.png

Anyone know what the max level of walls are?

Don't forget to add your name to the wall if you are contributing.

Jean marc
03-03-2013, 01:16 PM

The Paladin Warriors Guild, say Thank You for all this info. it is appreciated.

Will see in battle, we will fight with honor and respect.

Jean marc
03-03-2013, 01:18 PM
For the wall if it follow the same as in MW the maximum level should be 10

P4TR1C14N
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Max lvl of walls is 10.

P4TR1C14N
03-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Energy Rec. First upgrade = 200 million
Guild upgrade iv. 3rd upgrade = 375 million
Cant remember rest at the moment...

Zenobia
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Energy Rec. First upgrade = 200 million
Guild upgrade iv. 3rd upgrade = 375 million
Cant remember rest at the moment...]
Holy cow!

rsd007
03-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Those new members better donate their cars and jewelry 375mil is crazy

Proprioc3ption
03-03-2013, 04:11 PM
That's why I garruntee you that the guilds that are already maxed on every guild upgrade in the first few days to a week are hacker guilds. There is NO way that they could have done it that quickly, believe me. All the genuine high income guilds are still only at 36 - 56 in size with all or most other upgrades at max. These hacker lead guilds won't affect the top gem spending guilds, but it will any free spenders or moderate spenders which is totally unfair. It would be in all our best interest to report these 60/60 members guilds from the first few weeks of the guilds opening.

Raid, attack, raid attack... Dont just rely on your members IPH. There is no way that more than 2% of guilds will have everything open before the guild wars start. The cost of upgrades as you move up are HUGE! I would suggest you only purchase bonuses that are suited to your guild and its members currently. You will also need to cater for your defences...as a guild in battles without defences will open themselves up to slaughter.

Good luck peeps, hope all is going well with your guilds so far.

a glory a
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
That's why I garruntee you that the guilds that are already maxed on every guild upgrade in the first few days to a week are hacker guilds. There is NO way that they could have done it that quickly, believe me. All the genuine high income guilds are still only at 36 - 56 in size with all or most other upgrades at max. These hacker lead guilds won't affect the top gem spending guilds, but it will any free spenders or moderate spenders which is totally unfair. It would be in all our best interest to report these 60/60 members guilds from the first few weeks of the guilds opening.

Raid, attack, raid attack... Dont just rely on your members IPH. There is no way that more than 2% of guilds will have everything open before the guild wars start. The cost of upgrades as you move up are HUGE! I would suggest you only purchase bonuses that are suited to your guild and its members currently. You will also need to cater for your defences...as a guild in battles without defences will open themselves up to slaughter.

I was looking for a guild before MoC... was in a guild called 'everyone here poops' or something... level 200 founder who had nothing more than a couple of silo's and bazaars at level 1... many hundreds of millions in donations kept coming in... i saw him get reset to level 1, but the guild still exists.

i see GREE are keeping and eye on it but that doesnt help us out much. I'm just happy to be away from dodgy dealings. Even if it does mean i dont get all the bonuses available

The Big Weezy
03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
It would be in all our best interest to report these 60/60 members guilds from the first few weeks of the guilds opening.

Hello Hammer! Hope you fair well as well.

We've gotten word through the gra.pevine of these guild leaders getting reset and just doing it all over again without missing a beat. A recent addition to MoC defected because of the shady nature of the upgrade rate/guild vault numbers, and told us of the leader's unfazed demeanour and ability to adjust accordingly.

So they're getting reported already and it's not enough.

emcee
03-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Here are some photos of what we have so far please help fill out the rest.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s599/Warner_Savage/BonusUpgrades_zps730d1adc.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s599/Warner_Savage/Wall_zps2fd6e37e.jpg

Please help finish it :)

Here is the link: ---> Spreadsheet for Guild Upgrades and Walls
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE#gid=120)
Contributors: rsd007, dbailey30

Thank You
Tempus

Guild 2 first cost was 2 mil and second bonus was 4 mil from what I recall. Third is 10 mil

RotoMan
03-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Anyone know what a level 10 wall costs? It looks like someone decided to delete most of the information on the spreadsheet that is referenced.

The Big Weezy
03-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Anyone know what a level 10 wall costs? It looks like someone decided to delete most of the information on the spreadsheet that is referenced.

A lvl 10 wall costs just over 2mil in total.

P4TR1C14N
03-13-2013, 12:12 PM
A lvl 10 wall costs just over 2mil in total.

And about 108 stones.

darknite
03-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Would also be helpful if someone could post costs of locked bonuses :-)

in k.a. bonuses are so limited not comparable modern war's bonuses,im preety not happy about it! in mw they offer at least 20 bonuses but in k.a. why only 9 bonuses and 4 of them are just guild increases"no benefit to players or stats " i dont know why they didnt add any iph bonus or beast,machine... a&d bonuses. only upgrade time-cost and health regen look worthy.

Speedvo
04-09-2013, 08:09 AM
What benefit have Your guild by building walls. You get no extra points when the other guild hit Your wall. The only thing is That you give the other guild not the double points. Or are there other benefits. My guild want to make a lot of walls but I think it is beter for the bonus becausse it give us no extra points in war.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
04-09-2013, 08:22 AM
My personal opinion is: walls are more beneficial to guilds in the top 25 rankings. At that level most of the battles are between each other. Since overall points is the deciding factor, then anything to keep your total points higher than the next guild could mean the difference between position 3 & 4 or 10 & 11.

Valsta
04-09-2013, 11:52 AM
You only get to use one wall per "war" which lasts like 2 hours. It will automatically select the highest level wall you possess. Therefore, the only point of building multiple walls is to engage in multiple "wars" over the 2 day or so "Crusade". I dont think that they were required in order to declare war. They do not give your guild any more points, only reduce the available points another guild could obtain when battling with your guild. (Remember, the only thing they do is halve the points an attacking guild receives while they are up.) This increases your "relative" strength at the end of the event by helping you to rank higher. By the time Gree got "most" of the bugs sorted out, it became clear (shocker) that in order to place in the top 50 you needed to have a guild full of moderate to heavy gem spenders, for purchasing stamina refills.

Also, it was said before but worth repeating: the Wars do not use normal stamina or boss health, but War Stamina, of which the most you could obtain for free in a two hour period was six.

Walls: do not last more than 5 or 10 minutes into a war. If you do not intend on seriously competing for rank, they are a HUGE sink of resources that could have been spent on bonuses.

Also worth noting is that all of this info was from MW, so YMMV in KA.

My guild and I have been wondering about this. We don't see the point in building walls at all. Granted it allows the opposing guild to acquire more points and thus may diminish a guilds chance for ranking, but how many guilds would actually think "not" to build walls.
We do recognize that the walls take up opponents hits that may be spent on us and that getting hit in battles still causes casualties, but if that is a problem for a member they shouldn't be in the guild to begin with.

To sum up, is it your opinion that a guild should NOT build walls? Rather spend the gold on upgrades? Which upgrade would you recommend? I'm leaning towards the "cost" upgrade because I want to make a run for dragons soon.

One more thing… if a member leaves a guild will they keep those upgrades? If not are Guilds now a permanent fixture of the game.