PDA

View Full Version : Farming Weapons VS Map Mastery

John0897
02-21-2013, 10:31 AM
I've been wondering which is a better use of my time/energy. Farming the highest level maps for weapons and armor, or mastering the lower maps for skill points?

What does everyone think?

Sprig
02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I've done both at different times. Currently I'm trying to get the lower level maps past level 4 for the skill points. Personally I think it best to hit a map where you can kill the monsters with 1 or 2 hits. You get through the map quicker and get more drops than if you have to hit each monster multiple times. Most mid-level maps give reasonable results when compared to the low level armor/weapons farmed at the cross roads. I hit map 1 hard until I had enough equipment for full allies then I've been replacing that with better stuff as I move through the maps for the skill points.

Sgt Maj
02-21-2013, 10:59 AM
I have beein doing the the same as Sprig - usually spend a few hundred energy a day slowly working my way up to lvl 4 in the areas (I would not bother with level five, the units are not worth it unless you are simply collecting different ones)

Me&You
02-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I took the first 16 maps through level 4 to get the skill points early on, but I've ignored that somewhat for a while. The maps past 16 are at various levels depending on whether it was a spot for 1-hit weapon/armour farming at some point or not. I would definitely leave the map until you can 1-hit most of it, then go back and plow through when the xp and energy are less impacting.

Seryna
02-21-2013, 04:10 PM
So I had the exact same question as you did and here is what I did. Because I had a lot of units without any armor/weapons I figured that my stats would be better boosted by quantity than quality so I started on the lower maps and finished level 4 to get the skill points. Then I found out that as you master each map, the health of the mobs increase so this is actually bad for when you do ltqs. So now I try to work towards the higher end of the maps but not the highest. Just the highest map where I can one hit. Then I try to even out the levels of each map.

Sc00ba5t3v3
02-21-2013, 06:03 PM
At level 5 mastery it seems you just get an item. Level 4 is for the skill point which is kind of different than what Im used to.

Battle Mage
02-21-2013, 07:29 PM
At level 5 mastery it seems you just get an item. Level 4 is for the skill point which is kind of different than what Im used to.

Yep and if you notice the stats on those level 5 mastery units, it basically ain't worth it once you've got any kind of strength in your army. IMHO anyway. Refer to the sticky link at the top of the forum detailing the units.

I work slowly towards level 4 mastery, to get the skill point which is valuable, but any level 5 hitting only occurs in LTQE now.

ezinap
02-22-2013, 02:14 AM
... as you master each map, the health of the mobs increase so this is actually bad for when you do ltqs.
+1!
So leave the lower maps... Work on higher maps.