PDA

View Full Version : Attack/Defense variations

Tylersdad
02-21-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
Say my A/D is 45/44, and I'm attacking in the game. Why does my attack strength drop to 33k sometimes. I understand that what I see is boosted numbers, but shouldn't that be what shows up as my attack strength? It drives me nuts that one attack will be 49k then the very next will be 33k. What is the theory by gree on this?

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-21-2013, 09:19 AM
skill points and an additional random factor that is included in the formula for determining the result of the battle.

Tylersdad
02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the reply, But I'll see the variation while battling the same person. So the variables are the same.

jon_funzio
02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
No the random number is inherently random - so changes with every attack on the same person.

Tylersdad
02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
So what you are saying is everybody sees as much as a 25% up and down variation? That makes things very difficult to account for.

JMC
02-21-2013, 09:49 AM
So what you are saying is everybody sees as much as a 25% up and down variation? That makes things very difficult to account for.

Yes, although for some reason i haven't been seeing any "up" variation. Attacker is always at disadvantage and i guess this is why. Either the up variation doesn't come as often or it's just that everyone has more defense skill points than attack points.

I've got a 35000 variation downwards and only a 5000 variation upwards.

Web323
02-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I get around a 30% variation

James_mac
02-21-2013, 09:50 AM
there are several points to take into account. your boosted and raw stats, skill points and general luck, basically somebody throws a dice and generates a random number and that number also plays a part in the formula to decide what your attack and defence will be for that attack. the next time you press attack this number will more than likely be different and that why you see the variation.
thats the general gist of it, im sure somebody will be able to explain it better than me.

SevenO9
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
I am currently doing some testing. Here is my variation:

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/AndyNeeb/f2114ff818fc187870a90dcaf38ea4d6_zps93b06d5a.jpg

The average I get is close to my calculated attack including building, unit and faction boosts. Comparing data with other faction members I think the variance is a function of the skillpoint difference between attacker and defender. I will get more data as I level up and allocate skill points.

mikebarth1955
02-21-2013, 11:28 AM

I have been testing this, and what I have found is that the profile Defense score for my opponent and the average Defense score that actually comes up during an attack are about the same, but my Profile Attack score is much higher than the average that pops up on the attack screen. Given that I put a lot of skill points towards attack, and given that I have a bunch of boosts, I would think it would be higher. It isn't. I think the formula is using the unboosted attack, is what I think. The attachment shows my summary stats for 334 attacks.