PDA

View Full Version : Android vs ISO!

Dcarrington
02-21-2013, 08:39 AM
I have been playing with ISO and no major complaints but I'm switching to a android. So what is everyone favorite when it comes to what system they are playing the game on?

Mongo
02-21-2013, 09:02 AM
This is an ongoing topic in our faction. I will not get into all the nuances, but a significant one is the droid battle results screen provides very paltry detail, such as no a/d stats for the participants. This is pretty critical info IMO esp since those stats can fluctuate 25% or so in the updated game version?

Interested to see what folks say here, I am thinking of playing on a droid too.

SGT Rud
02-21-2013, 09:07 AM
I am running Ios. I havent seen it run on an android. I have seen planty of screen shots of androids running Mw. I gotta say, I wish my Ios had some of those features. I cant see the faction info from my player profile, or the bonus section. On my Ios, bonus run invisible and I cant see them to know they are there. Some guys know what rank their faction is in at all times, my iphone doesn;t tell me that either.

spitfire
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
whatever you do, dont switch to android. Android graphics is poor compared to IOS. I play on both platforms and have decided to ditch the android and go for another IOS device, most probably another iphone 5.

Ph4ntom Stranger
02-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Don't switch to android unless you absolutely have to. They have been working to get android up to par with iOS (they've come along way - half the content was missing when they launched on android), but there is still work to be done.

Big O
02-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm on android. Stick with iOS. You're better off, even with the coulpe of things it's lacking. Like Mongo said, not having the a/d stats shown in battle results is a BIG handicap.

Edit: Plus content is almost always released to android after iOS.

American Capitalist
02-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Android isn't as bad as people make it seem. The graphics are slightly different and we can't see as many stats in the battle results screen. This is not the kind of game that needs great graphics.

Milspec1
02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Android is subpar compared to ios in experience features and access to data, there is no comparison, I regret being on Android, but it's really on GREE to level the playing field and have them be identical experiences

Cmputrgbln
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Playing MW on SIII for my brand new LLP camper account. As such, I do not have as much complaints since I don't raid, I don't do PVEs and I avoid missions. The faction function works and at least the low level buildings are all present. That said, I do have a few complaints:

1 - Some times the graphics are missing. I had a heart attack the first time 4 of my money buildings disappeared. But exit and restart resolved it.

2 - Mysterious crashes. I suffer occassional mysterious crashes, just had to relaunch and continue.

3 - No way to copy/paste forum and comment page posts. This one is really annoying, if I want to copy off a URL posted in comments, I would have to type it in manually into my desktop browser.

That said, I will likely not need to do anything more than to camp and collect income for the foreseeable future for this account so I'm not too worried. Hopefully by the time I built this account into a powerhouse and is ready to take it live Gree will have resolved all these Android issues.

GREE or CJ54 - I volunteer to be a tester on android platform! I came from a programming background and would love to participate to bring Android side on-par with iOS side AND I happen to have both an iPad 3 and Samsung SIII... ;)

Alo
02-22-2013, 04:07 AM
android +:

1) see detail stats about everything
a) faction in profile (ios doesnt have faction on profile at all)
b) faction bonuses in profile (ios doesnt have faction on profile at all)
c) posting dates and times are very specific (unlike ios random 15 days ago)
2) U see Ur faction rank during war, ios doesnt see crap

android -:
1) crashes if U scroll fast etc
2) U dont see attack/defence stat number when attacking

HGF69
02-22-2013, 04:19 AM
You need at least one android player in your faction so they can report your actual WD ranking during the war.