PDA

View Full Version : Attack and defense points???

Motorcityme
02-20-2013, 08:35 AM
We are having a discussion in our syndicate about attack and defense scores and nobody can fogure out who has the highest ones. Right now If I look at my profile it says I have an attack score of 25071 and defense score of 31824. When other members of the syndicate look at my profile it says i have an attack score of 24564 and defensive score of 25019.

Can anyone help explain the discrepancy. For some of our members the numbers are much different and appear as yet a different number when they attack someone.

OneHoop
02-20-2013, 09:00 AM
When you look at others' profiles it shows their A/D without syndicate bonuses, when you look at your own it shows it with syndicate bonuses. Everyone else in your syndicate is stronger than you think, depending upon how the bonuses affect them relative to their used inventory.

There is also the previously documented effective defense points, which depends upon how much time they wasted upgrading defensive buildings. The defense points advertised for defensive building upgrades are "fronting" in that they do not all apply to actual robs or attacks. This is why you can sometimes attack a stronger player with confidence if they have a ton of L10 Guard Towers. I have not verified whether your syndicate members only see your defensive bonus reduction or if it is your true defense before defensive bonuses.

M@

DaHoosier
02-20-2013, 12:29 PM
When you look at others' profiles it shows their A/D without syndicate bonuses, when you look at your own it shows it with syndicate bonuses. Everyone else in your syndicate is stronger than you think, depending upon how the bonuses affect them relative to their used inventory.

There is also the previously documented effective defense points, which depends upon how much time they wasted upgrading defensive buildings. The defense points advertised for defensive building upgrades are "fronting" in that they do not all apply to actual robs or attacks. This is why you can sometimes attack a stronger player with confidence if they have a ton of L10 Guard Towers. I have not verified whether your syndicate members only see your defensive bonus reduction or if it is your true defense before defensive bonuses.

M@

So are you really saying Never upgrade Defense buildings because it is all for show?

I have a hard time believing this as that would be a serious flaw. Even worse that means I wasted a load of money and time on my defense building just to be window dressing, i guess it might deter a few attacks but any thinking player would assume they actually have an effect.

Ben Weston
02-20-2013, 02:11 PM
he's talking non-sense, even if an upgraded defence building is only worth half its posted value then 50% of something is more valuable than 100% of nothing.

OneHoop
02-20-2013, 08:11 PM
he's talking non-sense, even if an upgraded defence building is only worth half its posted value then 50% of something is more valuable than 100% of nothing.

Believe whatever makes you feel better, Ben. I'm saying that it is not as advertised. I never upgrade defense buildings because upgrade-time is the most valuable commodity in the game. Study up and make your own decision:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36507-Defense-Buildings

M@

bald zeemer
02-21-2013, 02:55 AM
During PvP tournaments I generally find the best time-saving device is that you don't have to bother checking the stats of anyone with bulk upgrades on their defensive buildings. They universally haven't realised that they lack any real defense.

I've seen posted stats of 80k deliver high-20s before, it's both amusing and kinda sad.

sister morphine
02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
We are having a discussion in our syndicate about attack and defense scores and nobody can fogure out who has the highest ones. Right now If I look at my profile it says I have an attack score of 25071 and defense score of 31824. When other members of the syndicate look at my profile it says i have an attack score of 24564 and defensive score of 25019.

Can anyone help explain the discrepancy. For some of our members the numbers are much different and appear as yet a different number when they attack someone.
That's a funny thing. When I open Sweet Virginia's hood it shows an attack of 62K, but viewed from sister m's allies list shows above 67K. They're in different syndicates.